Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 35

Author Topic: Panopticotheon IC: Turn 8 [10/10]  (Read 23268 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
Re: Panopticotheon IC: Turn 3 [9/10]
« Reply #180 on: January 05, 2022, 04:39:46 pm »

Gibeele trains its many eyes on Shinka.
"Don't bring me into this, you gremlin. You've brought this upon yourself."

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: January 05, 2022, 08:05:15 pm »

Quote from: yet another votebox
Allow flying as a default trait: 2 (Gibeele, Wanderer)
Do Not: 4 (C’thun, Shinka, Qwitzikottle, Susan)
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: January 05, 2022, 08:12:11 pm »

C'thun laughs to itself.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: January 05, 2022, 08:20:09 pm »

HH decides to put a down payment on a nice piece of land, intent on paying off the mortgage over the course of the next turn. His contract is signed by a pen made of his own feather with top-quality turnip ink. (1 Sphere Act)

He then takes a bag full of seeds, letting the wind take it to place on all lands when land becomes a thing. (1 Generic)

Spoiler: Cloud Seeds (click to show/hide)
((Just a reminder that the price of a solo region has increased to 2 sphere acts))

((I can build it across two turns yes?))
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: January 05, 2022, 08:31:25 pm »

C’thun spends a creation act to fashion itself a angel to carry out its will.

Name: Trandarc
Affiliation: C’thun
Class: Angel
Traits:
 + Very charismatic and sliver tongued. He appears as someone’s favorite or most loved person, a idealized version.

+ Can give followers of C’thun/himself different powers and forms depending on their deepest desires and feelings.

- A strong dislike of gods other then C’thun as they give him nausea and feelings of weakness.

Description: A shapeshifting angel. It appears to all mortals in need and helps them by giving them power that they need, and in exchange, they become C’thuns devoted follower and servant. People rarely refuse his offer because of his mastery of psychology and speech. It also helps that he appears to people in dire need. He reports to C’thun whenever something important happens.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: January 05, 2022, 09:22:13 pm »

Go hang out in my realm, where we will not be taking visitors at this time. Unauthorized intruders will be envenomated by thorns.

Remotely feed two acts into the region creation scheme, one for the base cost and one to make a region to specification:

Name: Driftlands
Neighbors: Yamayunqa
Traits:
 + Rich with Suspendium. Suspendium: The Mineral That Floats!
 + Crags and other natural formations, along with the shifting terrain make this a good place to hide.
 - The drifting landmasses make navigation tricky: you can build a house here, but you'll never know where you're waking up int he morning.
Description: A remote and somewhat inhospitable region of small islands, floating around each other in inscrutable patterns driven by native veins of suspendium. In the shadow of the mountain, this region sees little rainfall, and thus spare plant life and limited possibilities for agriculture. It's not impossible to live here, but a large self-sustaining settlement would be difficult.
Ecosystem: Moss and lichen, vines, a few hardy trees which bear fruit. Small bats, birds, and flying eels which eat fruits, insects, and one another. Larger and fiercer creatures may sometimes migrate from Yamayunqa, but find much less sustenance here than in the jungle.

Phone my two angels and give them psychic hugs. Suggest to Mentor that Trandarc has potential as a force for good, with the correct guidance.

Aaand train mine Sight upon C'thun.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2022, 01:33:24 am by Egan_BW »

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: January 05, 2022, 09:29:43 pm »

Don’t duck with my angel gibelle

(CENSORSHIP)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: January 05, 2022, 10:11:04 pm »

"I'm not doing anything to 'your' angel. All I'm doing is calling my kids and asking them to give the new guy a hand. My kids, I'll remind you, which I gave free will? You even taunted us for being tyrannical but you won't afford your offspring the freedom to choose?"

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: January 06, 2022, 01:27:17 am »

This plan for regions appeals to me. Count me in. The Faceless Prince jots down some notes on a golden page of their book, whereupon they delicately remove it and fling it toward the cloud of islands. Near the Driftlands and Yamayunqa, gold and ink seems to rain down...
Spoiler: The Old World (click to show/hide)
I may make another region for Trade later. Or I may not. I should like to see what else is happening here, first.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2022, 12:32:09 am by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: January 06, 2022, 03:15:06 pm »

"It seems as if creatures won't usually fly, but I will prospone my plans about it for now to be sure, in the meantime, something to be used in both cases"
Spend both acts on the flying raft
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"I will keep it on my plane for now"
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: January 08, 2022, 12:01:49 am »

Shinka decides to throw the Competition Act into another region while the region-building is still hot.
But not that one. I had a different, better idea:
[/s]OKAY FINE, GLASS, NONE OF THIS THEN.

(Why don't you just join the group effort? Then all you'll need is one sphere act to do it.)
« Last Edit: January 08, 2022, 02:42:09 am by Maximum Spin »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: January 08, 2022, 12:31:08 am »

I get the impression that we have not really made much space within which the mortals can live. Let's see about amending that.
Once more, the Faceless Prince withdraws a golden coin from their robe. They hold it out on an extended hand - and it unravels, coming apart into impossibly-fine golden threads. These threads catch onto disparate islands, and begin to weave them together...
Spoiler: Polis (click to show/hide)
There, yes. I do think that should do quite nicely.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #192 on: January 08, 2022, 12:38:15 am »

HH decides to put a down payment on a nice piece of land, intent on paying off the mortgage over the course of the next turn. His contract is signed by a pen made of his own feather with top-quality turnip ink. (1 Sphere Act)

He then takes a bag full of seeds, letting the wind take it to place on all lands when land becomes a thing. (1 Generic)

Spoiler: Cloud Seeds (click to show/hide)
((Just a reminder that the price of a solo region has increased to 2 sphere acts))

((Upgrading a province to a region isn't recommended because the difference in cost would be 5 generic acts or 1 sphere act and 2 generic acts. The former isn't trivial to get, and the latter ends up being more expensive than paying the up-front cost for a region.))

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: January 08, 2022, 01:07:53 am »

Name: Texas
Neighbors: Polis, Farmaland, and the Old World
Traits:
 + Everything that can ever be found in Polis, Texas has a slightly bigger or better one. The layout is almost identical, but just a tiny bit wrong, so people who are too used to Polis will reliably get lost.
 + Everything done in Texas turns out slightly better or greater than it would have if the equivalent action were performed in the equivalent place in Polis.
 - If you die in Texas, you respawn in the equivalent spot in Polis while all your stuff stays behind. Any fatal wounds are healed but the body is otherwise the same (so, for example, if you died of cancer or old age you're probably not going to have a great time in Polis). I realize not everyone may agree that this is a negative but, for my character, it surely is.
Description: Texas was established as a competitor to Polis for the mortal tourism industry.
Shinka. What, pray tell, do you think you are doing? Kindly cease and desist. This is an infringement of my intellectual property.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2022, 01:33:18 am by Glass »

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: January 08, 2022, 01:38:53 am »

Shinka. What, pray tell, do you think you are doing? Kindly cease and desist. This is an infringement of my intellectual property.
Intellectual property law is an immoral restriction on free competition. Besides, you were right, the mortals need more places to live.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 35