Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 35

Author Topic: Panopticotheon IC: Turn 8 [10/10]  (Read 23194 times)

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
Re: Panopticotheon IC: Turn 1 [9/10]
« Reply #45 on: December 25, 2021, 12:59:02 pm »

C’thun has had enough of being stopped from exercising it’s passion because of gods that won’t let it be. It raises a misty hand and curses in a ancient language, creating a being to exercise its frustrations,

Name: The Dweller of Misery
Affiliation: C’thun
Class: Archangel

Traits:
 +VERY good at combat and violence. It was created as a tool to attack gods, after all. It’s claws can pierce through a god quite easily.
 +Resistant to divine acts and abilities. It refuses to be killed until it has killed a god.
 -Hates every god other then C’thun with a passion and will not accept any surrenders or peace
offerings.

Description: An embodiment of C’thuns rage. it has a slender humanoid body, curving horns, leather bat-like wings, and a blank expanse of flesh where one would expect a face to be.

C’thun keeps the beast asleep, wanting a apology.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 25, 2021, 02:14:30 pm »

The Faceless Prince levels a blank stare at C’thun and their creation. A simple task for one whose entire face is blank.
I cannot stand idly by when a structure likely to be made integral to the day-to-day living of mortals is perverted to corrupt their minds into uselessness. Twist something else to your desires, I care not, but I shall not abide by the unrestrained and wide-ranging propagation of insanity.

As for you, Gibeele.
The Faceless Prince reaches into their robes and withdraws a scroll, tied with a golden ribbon. They hand it over. There you are, one soft Knowledge Act. Make good use of it.

Aside from these matters!
The Prince then turns to face the rest of their divine peers. Although we have addressed the shape of the material world, our common plane remains barren and useless. Would anybody have suggestions regarding possible additions, be they functional or aesthetic in nature, that should be made to it?
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 25, 2021, 02:25:55 pm »

C’thun has had enough of being stopped from exercising it’s passion because of gods that won’t let it be. It raises a misty hand and curses in a ancient language, creating a being to exercise its frustrations,

Name: The Dweller of Misery
Affiliation: C’thun
Class: Archangel

Traits:
 +VERY good at combat and violence. It was created as a tool to attack gods, after all. It’s claws can pierce through a god quite easily.
 +Resistant to divine acts and abilities. It refuses to be killed until it has killed a god.
 -Hates every god other then C’thun with a passion and will not accept any surrenders or peace
offerings.

Description: An embodiment of C’thuns rage. it has a slender humanoid body, curving horns, leather bat-like wings, and a blank expanse of flesh where one would expect a face to be.

C’thun keeps the beast asleep, wanting a apology.
Twi stares at the sleeping archangel of wrath."I am personally fine with this. But one should not choose to twist all works of gods without expecting retribution from those gods."

Twi settles in, singing a melody of bells while she thinks about what to make.

Quote from: Twi Speaks: The 12 Acts
Twi: God SA (And possible Mortal SA)
Following her obsession with power, being unable to store her soft acts is something she decries. Therefore she shall put one forward to create a sort of divine storage system. Lawfulness can also come into play, as it is an agreement held between gods.

The Faceless Prince: Trade SA AND/OR Knowledge SA
As the God of Trade, The Faceless Prince is well suited to allowing free access and trading of acts stored within.
As for the use of Knowledge, it and Courage creates the Will.

The Wanderer: Travel SA
What is better than to be able to access this Artifact anywhere you are, an underpinning of divine ritual. The Wanderer is responsible for the storage and retrieval aspects of the artifact. It also fits with his desire for connecting communities.

Harvey Harvest: 2 Generic Acts OR Harvest Act(+Mortal Act from Twi)
One can debate if Harvest is applicable here. However in time and with work, it can be equated to the collection of naturally grown power. Be that from mortal followers or gods. As such, I would contribute an additional act to help with this.

C'thun: Creation SA
I call to you to put aside your corruption and Create something that benefits all. You may gather your power together with this, whereas without you would not, and be locked from it. However without such Creation, it's strength would be weaker. To make the artifact underpin Creation, your act would be most useful. And with Giblee allow the self-repair should the eye ever manage to spot it beneath Creation.

Shinka: 2 Generic Acts or Competition SA
Your Act of Competition would be part of the binding which keeps the SA separate from other gods and smooth the Harvest of mortal worship. If all the gods work as one, what will be created will be great.

Gibeele: 1 Transformation SA AND/OR 1 Freedom SA
Transformation to smooth the change-state of Soft Acts from God to Storage, and from Mortal to Storage if Harvest is used. Likewise, entwined with my own acts you would guarantee the Freedom of such a system from divine intervention, and C'thun's Creation would grant it self-repair outside the need of Gods.

Qwitzikottle: 1 Courage SA
It will take both Courage and Knowledge to develop a foolproof method of storage. the Will so to speak that allows us to deposit SA. And with everyone we can create something Lasting.

Susan: 1 SG-S Synergies SA
One word: Profit. More words, your Act would allow the entire Artifact to slot neatly together into one self-sustaining whole.

"An ambitious project, but one with rewards awaiting. One can also gift Generic Acts created from Soft Sphere acts."

Name: Multidimensional Creation/Storage/Trade Operator
Primary actribute: ?
Effects:
 + Storage, Gathering, Trade, and Withdrawal of Soft Sphere Acts of the Gods. Immune to tampering by Divine Treaty and it's Creation.
 + Self-Repairing and Maintaining. Can hold many acts from each god and works off of it's structure in the underpinning of Creation we exist in.
 - Unalterable, Untouchable, Immutable. Gods can only interact with it through the systems created by it. A receptacle of divine power.
Description: Twi Speaks. A metaphysical creation of multidimensional stacking, each area is maintained by the Acts witch created it, and each dimension holds a god's Soft Acts. Due to it's nature, new gods can create vaults for themselves, improving upon it's strength. Likewise, Gods who contribute hold to the Treaty, not interfering or attempting to undermine this creation of Godly cooperation. Soft Acts will be gathered from mortals through this system, improving the harvest, and Gods can access the system from anywhere, storing Soft Acts, trading them through the System created, or withdrawing them for their own use. The M-CST Operator has a limited intelligence and is able to act against outside influences that seek to disrupt the integrity of System and it's operation. Due to it's nature as a multi-theoretical creation meant to interact with all Aspects, it is extremely poweful in it's one and only purpose of Storing Soft Acts for later withdrawal and use by the Gods who they belong to. Trading is an explicit transfer of ownership, and any Acts lost due to the death of a god shall be folding into it's operational strength rather than distributed. Cannot hold Generic or Hard Arcts, nor anything other than Soft Acts.
Signing over of Acts for Creation:(If all gods sign all Needed Acts and 2 Generic Acts if possible, Creation will be in a Mini-Turn[Next turn's Acts automatically used]) Twi(God and Mortal SAs),

Twi, seeing it's unlikely that is will occur this turn,(Gods and Bureaucracy) sets to creating an Artifact.(1 Mortal Sphere Act, 1 God Sphere Act)

Name: Bladewing Armor
Primary actribute: Might
Effects:
 + Mortal-Aligned: Cleansed of Divine Influence, it serves as a bulwark against Godly energies. Specially suited to wear into combat, where ones wings, horn, an key points are protected. The armored wings cut deeply, and the horn pierces. Each hit has a chance to Banish, with the strength of the user determining the chance.
 - Mortal-Aligned: Due to it's nature of godly energy sliding off of it, repairing it is not easily done by godly hooves. When worn by a god it makes them mortal to, well, Mortals. It likewise reduces one's speed in exercising their divine might, though it is not impossible. Naturally altering the fit is impossible by gods alone, as is changing or destroying it. Not compatible with Divine-aligned items.(Which is anything not made with a Mortal Sphere by the gods)
Description: Crafted by Mortal Sphere, this armor takes on the appearance of plain copper polished bright gold in the light. By mortal standards it's extremely poor in combat, but against divine agents and gods can shrug off the strongest of divine blows and deliver Banishing Force. The Bladewings are quite intricate as well, easily fitting over one's wings, and the helm has a horn to channel that Banishing force. The flanks and torso are protected with plates linking over the back. The use of a God Sphere was to excise the godly energy and align it to Mortal realm. An Anti-God Armor whose banish effect is dependent on the strength of the wearer. This does not mean that a god wearing it is weaker at Banishing, as it is made to protect.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2021, 10:25:16 pm by TricMagic »

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 25, 2021, 04:25:56 pm »

Proposed: elimination of rebellious element. Only conflict can determine a rightful victor.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 25, 2021, 04:36:08 pm »

"That thing isn't a real threat. Consider if you really want to figure out what happens when we fight one another."

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 25, 2021, 05:30:27 pm »

"With fancy clouds we're going to need a way to ring in the seasons. I'm thinking we have a few different moons that go around once a year to tell folk what the season is. Maybe changing the weather to match. Of course we'll be needing a harvest season, that is a given. Maybe we'll need a planting season too. If any of you have any ideas for other seasons go ahead and step forward. We could probably make a few space things to come around once a year on holidays too."

HH takes a single corn seed from a nearby seed bag, crushing it in his feathers until it transforms into popcorn. He rubs it against his overalls transforming the popcorn blue, then throws it into the sky far above the clouds. (1 Soft Harvest act).

Spoiler: Harvest Moon (click to show/hide)
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 25, 2021, 05:33:42 pm »

C’thun growls, but holds it’s anger in. It creates a new star that doesn’t make someone immediately insane.

Name: Space Madness
Type: Constellation
Description: A shining ball of red that waxes hypnotically in the air. It is very visible. People that see this star become more likely to indulge in their baser passions, tainting their soul and aligning it more to C'thun.

The star also has physical benefits as due to god magic, or something, whoever looks at it has their immune system enhanced and their bones and tendons strengthened. Slightly increases average lifespan.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2021, 05:35:35 pm by Knightwing64 »

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 25, 2021, 08:07:20 pm »

Shinka rolls its ???s and buries a Competition act in the soft desert sand of its realm, from which it draws out a long white bone. Raising the bone up to the heavens, Shinka scratches a milky gouge all the way around the crystal sphere, winding between the features already present to scrape out a complete loop.

Name: Nine Auspicious Enclosed Pastures
Type: Basically like the milky way. Just a big starry smear.
Effect: Causes all beings to evolve to resist the effects of supernatural corruption.
Frequency: Some part of it is always in the sky, but it precesses seasonally for dramatic effect.
Description: The Nine Auspicious Enclosed Pastures is a whitish band of fuzzy light stretched all the way across the sky. Under its aegis, all beings develop resistance against any power that would in any way turn them away from their native tendencies, and beings which are corrupted in spite of this have their very lives slowly snuffed out, so that eventually only the most resistant will survive. It's sort of like god antibiotics.

Bird fellow. Let us combine AGRICULTURE and WILDERNESS to construct a pair of exchanging features to maintain a balanced cycle between the wild and tame. Agreed?

Proposed: One (1) Sun, and one (1) Other Sun, in mutual orbit. Open to alternatives.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 25, 2021, 08:48:51 pm »

Shinka rolls its ???s and buries a Competition act in the soft desert sand of its realm, from which it draws out a long white bone. Raising the bone up to the heavens, Shinka scratches a milky gouge all the way around the crystal sphere, winding between the features already present to scrape out a complete loop.

Effect: Causes all beings to evolve to resist the effects of supernatural corruption.
Frequency: Some part of it is always in the sky, but it precesses seasonally for dramatic effect.
Description: The Nine Auspicious Enclosed Pastures is a whitish band of fuzzy light stretched all the way across the sky. Under its aegis, all beings develop resistance against any power that would in any way turn them away from their native tendencies, and beings which are corrupted in spite of this have their very lives slowly snuffed out, so that eventually only the most resistant will survive. It's sort of like god antibiotics.

Bird fellow. Let us combine AGRICULTURE and WILDERNESS to construct a pair of exchanging features to maintain a balanced cycle between the wild and tame. Agreed?

Proposed: One (1) Sun, and one (1) Other Sun, in mutual orbit. Open to alternatives.

C’thun has only three words to say. “Bro, fuck you

C’thun calls upon The Dweller of Misery to beat the shit out of Shinka who won’t let it do a simple action in peace. C’thun ready’s itself to attack the gods if they won’t stop their bullshit.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 25, 2021, 09:12:41 pm »

C’thun has only three words to say. “Bro, fuck you

C’thun calls upon The Dweller of Misery to beat the shit out of Shinka who won’t let it do a simple action in peace. C’thun ready’s itself to attack the gods if they won’t stop their bullshit.
"What falls on your head is the fault of your works Shinka. Same as C'thun last time, only this time more focused on one."

"I would suggest a War Form if you wish to stop them. I am seeing to my safety, but perhaps a combined working next turn?"

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 25, 2021, 09:32:27 pm »

"...I don't get it. A constellation which kills any creatures that deviate from their natural tendancies will not only interfere with my worship, it will also halt any kind of natural evolution. I believe that natural mutations are an aspect of that?"

Make a minor magic item for my angel using Transformation and Knowledge aligned acts.
Name: Half The Battle
Primary actribute: Might
Effects:
 + Knows all about existing magics
 + ...And thus, how to counter them
 - Difficult to read
Actribute Bonus: Might
Description: A thick tome bound in grey leather from an unknown creature. Its textual contents are constantly shifting, but it does try to actively help the holder.

Use generic act to put a meat comet up there somewhere.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 25, 2021, 09:40:44 pm »

"...I don't get it. A constellation which kills any creatures that deviate from their natural tendancies will not only interfere with my worship, it will also halt any kind of natural evolution. I believe that natural mutations are an aspect of that?"
I'm not sure why you would think this. The native tendencies of a group of beings may change over time, but that doesn't mean that any individual being has deviated from its native tendencies. Each generation differs from the last.

As for your worship, well, this creation very intentionally limits the ability of any god to manipulate other beings. Create something that naturally wants to be corrupted, if you like.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 25, 2021, 09:47:01 pm »

"I could create something which desires a state change, but your creation doesn't take into account the subject's preexisting desire, only it's 'natural' state, which I'm not actually sure how to define."

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 25, 2021, 09:48:56 pm »

"I could create something which desires a state change, but your creation doesn't take into account the subject's preexisting desire, only it's 'natural' state, which I'm not actually sure how to define."
I said native, not natural (although this is a nitpick), and I'm not sure what other way you could possibly imagine defining it than "the subject's preexisting desire".

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 25, 2021, 09:58:24 pm »

"Well then, I suppose it doesn't matter. Clearly I wouldn't approve of anybody's body being forcibly modified by outside forces."
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 35