Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

Author Topic: Panopticotheon OOC [10/10]  (Read 7195 times)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: Panopticotheon OOC [9/10]
« Reply #30 on: December 25, 2021, 09:42:35 pm »

The galaxy of undoing mutation thing is problematic, though. Because mutation is in my spheres and knightwing's spheres, so its absence from the setting will cut our worship in half. I was hoping to be a wholesome parasite on the great old one worship, but I guess we might just both die out instead.
And probably Shinka too, because the thing also inhibits their spheres.
You changed your sphere, remember? You're about transformation now, not corruption. Transformation can be within something's native tendencies. Like a caterpillar. I explained in the thread why I'm not worried about this somehow preventing evolution either.

Let me add: If you have some particular request for a further carve-out, I'm open to modifying the wording, but I'm really fundamentally against the whole concept of corrupting or tainting things.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2021, 09:44:39 pm by Maximum Spin »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 25, 2021, 09:43:15 pm »

Really? Is nobody on my side in this?

Uh, were you expecting that? That's not really how these things tend to go. Note how you never tried to make any allies, and just did things which align with your spheres, which you picked, and which are unhelpful to the rest of us.
There was a smarter way you could have played this, but you haven't been following any strategy.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 25, 2021, 09:47:07 pm »

(One last: It seems self-evident to me that as the god of natural selection, one of whose major themes is trying to keep stuff wild, I would act to limit the ability of gods to mess with things directly.)

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 25, 2021, 09:50:10 pm »

You know what? Fine. If I can’t act on my passion and spheres, neither will you.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 25, 2021, 09:52:00 pm »

I guess I’ll just embrace the loner evil god cliche and try to make things as annoying as possible for all of you.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 25, 2021, 09:55:54 pm »

Being the antagonist can lead to some entertaining situations, if frustrating ones.

Such as trying to make a friend and then losing their trust instantly when I try to go fight my natural enemy who is eating the heart of my people. And then getting attacked by an entire race of spiders and their god and frigging primarchs when I'm trying to just be some mostly pacifist guy~

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 25, 2021, 10:08:36 pm »

Can you make multiple war forms at once?

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 25, 2021, 10:10:00 pm »

I’m not even gonna lie, I know this is a game and I shouldn’t take it personally, but this is actually kinda starting to piss me off.

It is Christmas so I don't want to be mean :B.

"I'm going to mess with all yoru stuff!"

"No we don't want you to mess with our stuff so we're stopping you"

"How dare you now I'm MAD"

Is really dumb. I'm not sure why you think people would want to support you messing with their things? Like if they wanted a madness aspect they could just have built it in instead of letting you steal them. It would be fine if it was all in character but for some reason you think stealing other people's things shouldn't get the gods mad and got mad about it OOC.

I/HH would probably care about it more if it didn't look like everyone else was greatly overestimating what it would actually do and if I wasn't playing a neutral character.

All this violence is supposed to be directed at me. You're stealing my job :(
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 25, 2021, 10:14:57 pm »

My apologies, we'll get to you when we're done with Knight, okay?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 25, 2021, 10:18:07 pm »

I already killed you once. Don't be greedy.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 25, 2021, 10:22:59 pm »

I guess I’ll just embrace the loner evil god cliche and try to make things as annoying as possible for all of you.

I wish you the best of luck!
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 25, 2021, 10:27:21 pm »

I already killed you once. Don't be greedy.

Greed is part of natural selection! Only the greediest creatures survive!

My apologies, we'll get to you when we're done with Knight, okay?

I'm counting on it.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 25, 2021, 10:46:46 pm »

Oooooo. I have so many ideas

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #43 on: December 26, 2021, 11:21:45 pm »

Knightwing64, could you take some time to cool off and mull over things for a bit? Being able to keep IC and OOC separate is crucial for this sort of game, and if others' actions/reactions are causing you undue stress and frustration, this may not be the right game for you. In all likelihood, things will only get more heated over time everyone builds and/or knocks over increasingly sophisticated sand castles, so if you'd still like to continue, I'd like to ask you to consider how this game is already affecting you and if you'd be able to handle things more calmly when the stakes are higher. It's not impossible to play a villainous character without attracting OOC arguments on this scale, but it's a delicate thing that requires a level head.

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 27, 2021, 10:17:34 am »

Knightwing64, could you take some time to cool off and mull over things for a bit? Being able to keep IC and OOC separate is crucial for this sort of game, and if others' actions/reactions are causing you undue stress and frustration, this may not be the right game for you. In all likelihood, things will only get more heated over time everyone builds and/or knocks over increasingly sophisticated sand castles, so if you'd still like to continue, I'd like to ask you to consider how this game is already affecting you and if you'd be able to handle things more calmly when the stakes are higher. It's not impossible to play a villainous character without attracting OOC arguments on this scale, but it's a delicate thing that requires a level head.

Yeah. I’ve mostly cooled off. I’m just embracing the evil god now. Sorry for the outburst, I had a rough day.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8