Yes! Clans of Eagle Agents!
- 6 (75%)
No! They could be double-agents or worse...savages
- 0 (0%)
The Eagles...The eagles are coming!
- 2 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Honesthearts - Community Fortress - A simplefarm for secret agents!  (Read 5626 times)

Maloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Who sent you?! Oh you say you're supposed to be here? Well give me the secret hand sign then!

-You raise your middle finger-

Ah, welcome brother! Just in time for orientation! -he hands you a dossier and letter from the queen-
The Letter Reads:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Be sure to not skip over any of the information in the dossier, but also absolutely no one is going to check to see if you read it
Also what is your specialty, agent? This is your first mission? Mine too! It's easy though here's an example:

Name:
Cover Job: Such as farmer, brewer, etc. We are posing as a hillocks!
Specialization: Infiltration, covert mining, research and development, clown

World Map:

Lore Dump:

Basically we are gonna build a hillocks and try to build a proper fortress underneath, but keep up our cover of course! and also keep an eye on each other, because you look pretty suspicious buddy

Optional Idea (wanting feedback):

Clan Listing:

Clan Maloy
Cover Profession: Digging/farming
True Profession: Weaponsmiths and operators
Slogan: Seen Any Elves?
Current number of living members: 8
Clan Leader: Mobius Udarnil
Moral Melbildesor
Teal Gidthurmistem (Spouse of Marmot)
Self-Help Dakostkan (Spouse of Tinman)
Tinman Delethmistem (Spouse of Self-help)
Marmot Kutamonul (Spouse of Teal)
Danny Tunomfikod
Marmot Jr (Child of Teal and Marmot)

The Bejeweled Rangers
Cover Profession: Nomadic Hunter Gatherers
True Profession: Expert shooters who can place a bolt grouping smaller than a fluffy wambler at 300m. When they aren't practicing shooting, they are bling-ing out their crossbows with jewels and attachments, and building small defensive towers.
Slogan: A Beautiful Violence
Currently living members: 8
Clan Leader: The Emerald Ralothos
Pointed Othosezum
Kol Tosedavuz
Heavy Drinker  idenudist ir
Easy-Going kolingtak (Spouse of Chaotic Neutral)
Chaotic-Neutral Thusetmomuz (Spouse of Easy-Going)
Two currently namless Eagle People

Name: The Rightful Scholars
Cover Profession: Scholars and diplomats
True Profession: Experts at deception, infiltration and intelligence
Slogan: it's not enough to succeed others must fail
Currently Living Members: 4
Clan Leader: Cross Omonul
Dour Zagodezum
Shaggy Tuntan
Onul oddomletmos
« Last Edit: January 19, 2022, 11:36:11 am by Maloy »

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
Re: Honesthearts - Community Fortress - A simplefarm for secret agents!
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2021, 10:24:44 am »

I like it, have a secret enterance down in the drinking mound. Also the optional idea is cool, gives it a little flair
The return of the thin white duke, throwing darts in lovers eyes

Drunken scholar

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2021, 04:10:15 am »

No one will expect a secret spy base hidden underneath an outhouse!
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2021, 04:10:49 am »

I like the idea, interested to see how it develops.  I've also personally attempted Fake Human Town.

Maloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2021, 05:49:52 pm »

I like it, have a secret enterance down in the drinking mound. Also the optional idea is cool, gives it a little flair

Put barrels of ale around it to hide it!

No one will expect a secret spy base hidden underneath an outhouse!
Visitor heads to our outhouse
"Hey, wait! the outhouse is out of order! Broke it!"
"Your outhouse is broken?"
"Yes"
"The outhouse which is literally just an enclosed hole in the ground is broken?"
"Yes!"
"Can I help fix it?"
"No"

I like the idea, interested to see how it develops.  I've also personally attempted Fake Human Town.
Fake human town sounds fun! Did anyone she-dwarves shave their beards to try and fit in?

Maloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2021, 03:22:19 pm »

"You're starting a what now?"
"A clan!"
"What's a clan?"
-Mobius reads from his dictionary- "A loose but loyal coalition of individuals, not necessarily related by blood, but by common traditions, deeds, and trades who swear fealty to one another and the general prosperity of the clan"
"What the hell does that mean? Does that mean my wife is now my sister? I don't like the sound of that"
"No! It means we're gonna be loyal to each other no matter what comes and you're joining mine!"
-Only 2 of the other 6 start dwarves join the new clan of Maloy-

I decided to personally take up mining out our new living arrangements:

Everyone seemed to be okay with the new drinking and civic mound except Likot.
He said that the mounds are typically aboveground and circular. Well, how are we supposed to know that? I'm from claspedtempest which has been under goblin rule for my entire life until two years ago! Personally, I like the trenchworks and mounds! Our secret base will have an entrance in the drinking mound covered by ale barrels.

So, what say ye, agents?

EDIT: Also our signature animal seems to be reindeer! Never done a fort that focused on them as an animal and this place is quite merry and snowy!
« Last Edit: December 23, 2021, 05:29:39 pm by Maloy »

Maloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2021, 11:21:07 am »

For the time being I'm moving forward with channeling the mounds out and having roads/trenches inbetween everything!

We started this town in the middle of winter and now as we enter spring we opened the tavern! Now that dwarves are leaving their own hillocks with the melting snow we need to both build up our cover and also gain information! Alcohol achieves both!
Speaking of we have already had several humans! It was two different groups each hunting different artifacts. Apparently their wars against the goblins aren't going well and so they're hoping to unite their people with them.
A dwarven bard from a faraway land also came by and he knew traditional poetry of our people!

Civic mound is also done, but not really being used as well as one house, which is a hole in the ground as is traditional.
On the way to channeling out a temple mound

On to the important things!
I've dug out the entrance to our new bunker! A barrel rests on top of the hatch to hide it. Once we get some more agents sent to us by the crown we can have dwarves fully staffed. While some of us keep up our cover and gather information they will train full time, do operations, and expand the bunker into an outright fortress!

Also the local eagle people flew by and scared our reindeer. I can't tell what a smile is on those beaks, but I'm pretty sure they were laughing at us.... Still a flying agent? We could get a lot done!
I'm petitioning the rest of the crew on whether we should recruit them or not!

Behind the scenes:

As of news given by our new travelers we have learned the following from the west:
Our peoples necromancer tower, that we rightfully claimed and put them to work, named Agedtheater has fallen.
The Brave Sabres have taken over our Kobold cave in the Southwest and disrupted our training program for the beasts
20 dwarves went through the northern mountains to found a new hillocks on the other side, but these lands are all either haunted or goblin infested. What could have driven dwarves to go to such a land?

I've also decided on some things for my new clan!

Cover Profession: Farming/digging
True Profession: Weaponsmithing and Operations(base building and day to day operations)
Slogan: Seen Any Elves?
Opening post will be edited for it!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2021, 03:09:34 am »

I say we go for having bird people join us on our mission.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Maloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2021, 08:52:35 pm »

Well, we got our new eagle people!
Turns out they don't fly in tribes like a lot of the animal folk in this world, but in mating pairs

I asked them what their names are and they just stared at me
I've settled on "Bob" and "Angie" at least until someone comes up with a better name
They just sit around and stare at things mostly, but as soon as they warm up to things we will get them training!
(Here are their cultural values if you are interested)

By the time summer came around we got hit by a possible problem. A literal army of humans, elves, dwarves and one wolf man came into town looking for an ancient tome. The lord leading them said they were from the Ashen coalition, but I've never heard of it.

This is bad because a literal army coming into town really draws attention to our hillocks, but good because we can maybe get some information and establish ourselves as a neutral town

Wh-what the hell is that?!

It's like the racoons back in our homeland, but the size of a human! Why does it have pockets?
Could we ride one? Can they be trained for battle?

Before the fall caravan arrived we had more "migrants" Most of whom really are just innocent dwarves who will help keep our cover and kept away from the cellar!
One of the new dwarves is a city guard from Tradedspirit, and that's no joke! That place had a grisly reputation for a constantly growing prison from occupancy and regular executions. His name is Cross and he seems alright

We also accepted occupancy from two human bards. One of them is actually a retired hammerman from the far north! Neat

When the liaison got into town this fall I quickly told him about the great quality and quantity of our fine wooden crafts and cooked meals to which he quickly raised his middle finger and insulted me for not thinking he knew what we were doing here.

Apparently check points and sentries check caravans out here and so we aren't allowed to buy any weapons, armor, or anything else out of the ordinary for a hillocks.
I asked how we were supposed to arm and armor our people! He told us to take a careful look at the toy catalog in case we planned to have any children. Turns out every single toy in the caravan is made of metal. Bronze, Bismuth bronze, steel and iron! Looks like we found our target market!

Afterwords we dug out the new plaza for my clan! Put up a nice statue of myself in the middle! Gonna dig out homes and other useful living stuff around the plaza for me and mine!

And just as the wagons were packing up to leave another migrant wave!

One dwarf lady stood out from the rest. A gorgeous being by dwarven standards with bright heliotrope eyes. Her body so physically trained and attuned for violence it seemed to be straining to contain all the potential violence it could unleash
She walked into the drinking mound with cold eyes and spoke clearly "I go by Heavy Drinker and I am taking command"
The kill list of this veteran:

OOC : Okay two things I'd like some input on:

1. What all does a secret underground spy base need you think? I've already got plans for the barracks and any industries that would be out of places in a hillocks would be down there, but what else do we need you think?
Picture of the place so far:

2. Starting missions. Text options Color coordinated with the map below. Our base is the red circle
*Raid hillocks of the Brave Sabres
*Sneak into the titan and beast shrines to see if we can find useful treasure and artifacts
*Make contact with the dwarves to the west, who our civilization has never reached out to before
*Make contact with the elves to try and acquire some beasts

Any other ideas feel free to share!

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2021, 09:42:46 pm »

this seems fun, could I submit a clan idea?

Name: The Bejeweled Rangers
Cover Profession: Nomadic Hunter Gatherers
True Profession: Expert shooters who can place a bolt grouping smaller than a fluffy wambler at 300m. When they aren't practicing shooting, they are bling-ing out their crossbows with jewels and attachments, and building small defensive towers.
Slogan: A Beautiful Violence

I shall also declare my agent now. If you could dwarf me as the most likely marksdwarf trainer (best existing combat skills), that would set me up to train any clan members you send my way.

Name: Default dwarf name, but nicknamed as "The Emerald" due to my obsession with this particular gemstone.
Cover Job: Nomadic Scout / Hunter

Maloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2021, 09:56:30 pm »

That sounds really rad! It shall be done!

I'll also list what all dwarves get added to your clan and make your plaza.  Let me know if you want a statue or anything I'll add your clan in with the next post!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2021, 04:57:21 am »

Lets go raid that hamlet!

Maloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2022, 04:10:44 pm »

The dwarf known as heavy drinker hands you a scroll after giving you the middle finger. You unfurl it and it reads:

As you look aghast at the scroll Heavy Drinker speaks up "This is why I have been dispatched and others unnamed forces shall join you in due time as well. I shall be appointed as your sheriff and you will design an office suitable. We will take these lands for our glorious empire no matter the cost. Our main mission has not changed, lacking the numbers of other dwarven civilizations we will have to rely on subterfuge and stealth to succeed"

Following this we set to work in a frenzy. We are thankful to have our new clan to assist: The Bejeweled Rangers. Besides being expert marksmen before this they were nomadic hunters and this serves as their cover story. It takes true skill to survive in this hostile surface world as a hunter.

We dug them out a plaza to build in, and they erected a statue of their clan leader, The Emerald, surrounded by dwarves and being lifted up. We also dug out a common room to serve as a bowyer's workshop!
They asked for a Jeweler's shop too, but that has to be installed in the bunker since it would definitely give us away!

OOC

Being a short bit desperate and eager to get underway members of Clan Maloy and the Bejeweled Rangers set off the raid a hillocks a few hours away. It's been dealt multiple raids by the goblins of the Frosty Cruelty and only had a fifth of the population of most towns.

That turned out to be a bad idea! In a way it made sense! Any dwarves that survived so many conflicts would be skilled leaders even to outmatch Mobius' skills!

With a heavy decree overhanging our heads and our first outing a failure it's time to buckle down!
The plan thus far is the following:
We are going to allow more dwarves to immigrate. They will be restricted to the bunker so no one knows our hillocks is of a strange size. They will train for more operations on a larger scale and number in return one of Clan Maloy will be permanently assigned to dig into the bunker and find us metals for smelting! Toys will only go so far!

Cross, the former city guard, is now the manager with an office next to the temple
Tyler(also from another fort), is the bookkeeper who will stay in the bunker where the real numbers will be kept!

OOC:

Maloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2022, 09:03:39 pm »

Year 163
*Cue the music*
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yy2LIH8vAMo&t=2506s&ab_channel=Adventurer%27sMusicPack

Greetings,
We are sending a mid-year report on progress of the fort because of some important discoveries!

Let's start from the beginning though:
The local elves arrived to trade. We may have been wise to avoid raiding them as they are at war with the Brave Sabres and we'd be better leaving them to fight
They approached us cautiously "is this yet another den of those brave cockroaches?"
"err, no. We're an independent town on the frontier!"
"Ah, dwarven bandits? How quaint. I don't suppose you'd be interested in enlightening yourself with true elven art?"
"Yes, Quaint is the word I'd use for this talk." I said dryly, "Depot is over there. We'll see what we can do for you"

Glorious! could you imagine an army of these things being ridden into battle? If only we could buy and raise these without being conspicuous!
As it is we traded some water buffalo and reindeer for a donkey and Giant Bluejay. We need leather and good trading partners!

This land seems to take it's cues from the elves on being cold and miserable. The river is frozen year round despite it being an important part of why we picked this location.
A couple of my clan and the Bejeweled rangers have been hunting those giant raccoons called kangaroos! We have no metal for bolts so we use wood and so we haven't even killed one yet! But boy oh boy I can't wait to bag me one!
Also one kicked our only dog to death. One more wrong to avenge against the monsters.

Another "migrant" wave arrived. Only a few were actual civilians
The rest were legendary smiths accompanied by two more of the legendary 40 warriors from our capitol.

Behind Scenes

We also took in abunch of traveling artists, including a troupe. Of course they won't be allowed to know about the bunker or our work here, but if anything having some passable artists living here would justify the outrageous amount of traffic the mountainhome is sending our way. Just hordes upon hordes of dwarvish fans on their way to listen to human...music? Works

Emergency Agent Meeting
Reason for mid-year report and some spoiler talk below

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2022, 10:01:39 pm »

option 4: trade for metal? I know we cannot buy weapons because of the checkpoints (is this ireland circa the troubles?) but say we asked for more of those metal toys they love to bring. Lots and lots. And claim it is um for the orphanage. yes.

The Bewjeweled Rangers will simply make do with wooden bolts. Aim for the eyes!
Pages: [1] 2