Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Battleship: Active Recruiting Closed. 1 in Reserves  (Read 2185 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Battleship: Recruiting [1/3] [No upper limit]
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2021, 05:30:12 am »

Looks good to me. And it really doesn't require much to operate on a reactor. That said it isn't really something you can strike for as an undes seaman. But I will allow you to be an MMNFR (E-1)

The end goal - to die gloriously in a reactor related incident - remains the same so it'll work great!
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
Re: Battleship: Recruiting [1/3] [No upper limit]
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2021, 11:05:30 am »

Looks good to me. And it really doesn't require much to operate on a reactor. That said it isn't really something you can strike for as an undes seaman. But I will allow you to be an MMNFR (E-1)

The end goal - to die gloriously in a reactor related incident - remains the same so it'll work great!

Well. In 1 plant, people are gonna start dying very very quickly. Steam is great for opening your pores, but not your lungs. Or skin. Or any part of you for that matter.

Also, here's the discord I'm making so I can poke you guys more efficiently and put out news and stuff without bogging down the OOC/Recruiting thread.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2021, 01:12:00 pm by Sosoku234 »
Monster stowage inventory running low. Starting #2 Monster Pump, filling #4 Monster tank, via #2a Demonizer.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: Battleship: Recruiting [5/3] [No upper limit]
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2021, 01:09:59 pm »

Discord isn't working for me.

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2021, 01:12:33 pm »

I just fixed it. I forgot to copy the Discord part of the hyperlink.
Monster stowage inventory running low. Starting #2 Monster Pump, filling #4 Monster tank, via #2a Demonizer.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2021, 01:14:43 pm »

Now works!

Vivalas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Battleship: Recruiting [2/3] [No upper limit]
« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2021, 02:56:57 pm »

A nuclear battleship?  :o  Fleshed out naval terminology and rates?  :o

Spoiler: Magnus Sorn (click to show/hide)

Side-note, could help to explain difference between rank/rate if the fluff matters that much (it might not).
Absolutely love this. I assume you were a submariner at some point, what with calling it maneuvering and not EOS. He's gonna have a fun time out there. Nice touch with calling up midrats. That said, having midrats sent to Maneuvering would likely mean he doesn't care much for the rules (despite it not being written down anywhere) and would likely not be stopping anyone from gundecking. Still, I'm fine with that, some of the officers I know are weird with what rules they enforce or don't.

I'll add that difference for rank and rate since it is kinda not commonly used outside of nautical nonsense.

Also, if you want it to be maneuvering, then pick a plant. There's one per plant and both report to DCC where the EOOW actually is. If you're in Man, then you'd be Watch Officer (which is more fitting with the rank, but not unheard of for O-1 and -2 to get qualled EOOW).

Not quite a submariner (yet, anyways). Just a pesky midshipman. Most I've ever done is feed the shaft seals, but I spent most of my time on cruise back aft in engineering talking to nukes and spending midwatch in maneuvering, so I know a little of the lingo, at least  :P

Are you / were you a carrier nuke? I was wondering if you were an even crustier specimen from the age of the battleship but then I realized that the engineering set-up for a battleship would probably mimic that of a carrier, if such a thing existed. Regardless it's cool to see the differences. Subs only have a EOOW position, and no other officer watch positions in engineering really, given that there's only ever about 10 officers onboard. It's usually the first thing you qual and you're typically an O-2 when you do since you get promoted in power school.
"On two occasions I have been asked,—"Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."
- Charles Babbage

The Imperial Question | Stranded Among Stars

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2021, 03:02:18 pm »

I am indeed a carrier nuke. I'm a MMN3 with nearly 3 years out of prototype. I learned aboard the USS Samuel Rayburn (MTS-635) and the USS Daniel Webster (MTS-626). I'm presently stationed aboard the USS Dwight D. Eisenhower (CVN-69) I've been on 2 deployments in 2 years (not very common in the carrier community). I've changed the layout a bit. Frame numbers ain't exactly what they would be on my ship. I am a very salty 3rd class, tho. The rest of RM can attest.

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2021, 10:14:39 am »

Can you guys pick a color for your dialogue?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2021, 02:20:29 am »

I want black as I'm a lazy bum!
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2021, 02:20:51 am »

Woh

Racis
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Vivalas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2021, 01:13:56 pm »

Woh

Racis

::) Yes that is the only thing that could have meant.  :P
"On two occasions I have been asked,—"Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."
- Charles Babbage

The Imperial Question | Stranded Among Stars

Snowkiller

• Bay Watcher
  • The Big Chill.
    • View Profile
Re: Battleship: Recruiting [2/3] [No upper limit]
« Reply #27 on: December 28, 2021, 01:59:12 pm »

Not quite a submariner (yet, anyways). Just a pesky midshipman. Most I've ever done is feed the shaft seals, but I spent most of my time on cruise back aft in engineering talking to nukes and spending midwatch in maneuvering, so I know a little of the lingo, at least  :P

Are you / were you a carrier nuke? I was wondering if you were an even crustier specimen from the age of the battleship but then I realized that the engineering set-up for a battleship would probably mimic that of a carrier, if such a thing existed. Regardless it's cool to see the differences. Subs only have a EOOW position, and no other officer watch positions in engineering really, given that there's only ever about 10 officers onboard. It's usually the first thing you qual and you're typically an O-2 when you do since you get promoted in power school.
You're a submariner? Badass, dude. The only community I know of where you can get dolphins. Sub life ain't for me but I have huge respect for the silent hunters man. Hope you had fun tracking. Heard the Russians can't keep a quiet sub for shit.
B L A C K
&
Y E L L O W

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2021, 08:59:18 am »

My text color is white, because you don't need to read it, seeing as I'm not playing

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
Re: Battleship: Recruiting Closed
« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2022, 03:28:51 am »

Is there a waitlist? I have been watching this for a bit and it seems fairly interesting. Also discord isn't working again, at least for me.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.
Pages: 1 [2] 3