Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 82

Author Topic: Dead Webadict Now: Game Over  (Read 60826 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kill Webadict Now - Day 5
« Reply #1110 on: January 07, 2022, 02:17:31 am »

Ohhhhh. This explains a lot.

Colorful Traitor is an ability I've been ignoring because it is only usable if I'm the sole member of the mason group. I guess Toaster has it now, too. IF I am the last member of the mason chat, I can change my alignment to Anti-Anti-Webadict.

It's the ability that came to me from Web's N1 role amendment.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: January 07, 2022, 03:45:44 am »

Shit I'm stupid.

I can use The Privilege to ASK who has the Magic Bullet. 
So whomever has it, do you want me to waste my One Truthful Statement from The Mod on THIS?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: January 07, 2022, 03:48:06 am »

I can also get the Mod to reveal the all the abilities of one FIGMENT to all players.
It only works if I have the name of the Figment, player name doesn't work.
Whom would you like to know about?

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: January 07, 2022, 06:56:33 am »

Also, Roden was seemingly the only one to action Vector last night. I have the suspicion that Roden is perhaps not quite forthcoming right now, though technically inspecting everyone might look like targeting everyone.
Is that a claim, you watched Vector last night?
I "watched" (initiated the action on) Vector last day, but the action actually occurred last night.
The action is called "SET UP TRAPS OUTSIDE".

Hey, sorry for the delay in responses. I've had a major headache for the past 24 hours now and the pressure on my eyes has made looking at screens unbearable. I'm feeling a bit better now and will try to respond to as much as I can. Before I start quoting stuff, I'll make some corrections in this post.

I was told that losing my Figment didn't actually change my alignment, that part was just accidentally left out, so I'm still Anti-Webadict. I was also informed of a few more abilities that were left out by accident, so Toony's and Toaster's abilities as they were described are now accounted for. I still don't see TolyK's protective ability though, which is weird because even if it was an item I feel like I'd still see it, since I could see bullet counts and those are considered items. I can even see special bullets.

@TolyK: Can you name your protective ability please?
"SUFFICIENTLY SKILLED ENOUGH TO HEAL THE WOUNDED"

It was in my role flip when I died... :P

I'm also mechanically confirmed to not have killed Knightwing and can't possibly be Anti-Anti-Webadict. My action is accounted for due to all the knowledge I have proving I used my action to Rolecop last night. Furthermore, I couldn't have known Knightwing would have his Figment swapped last night, which proves that only those who did the swap would know Knightwing would be vulnerable.
Could you elaborate on the mechanical confirmation?

Of course, I don't know the motive yet. I do know that the Webadict has access to all of the game's secrets, perhaps they didn't want more than one Player alive who had that kind of information. Or maybe it's because they believed it was impossible to get Knightwing to cooperate with them, so they performed a coup to install a new Webadict that would be more willing to do what they said.
I love the imagery that this brings up. "Down with the Webadict! All hail Webadict!"

Gonna pop your bulletloon here; I didn't shoot the Webadict (or anyone.)  I just inspected EuchreJack, and surprise, he's not Anti-Webadict.  But turns out you knew that.  Anyway, I haven't shot any bullets yet.

How do we know Roden did his action last night and not a prior night?  What did EJ do?
He definitely actioned at least Vector, with what I do not know. But any changes in Vector's state are probably due to his last action, unless there's some other ability that has delayed action (which is likely).

I can also get the Mod to reveal the all the abilities of one FIGMENT to all players.
I don't think it makes sense for me, I don't really fit into the puzzle.

Hmm. Would all the info be in blue?
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: January 07, 2022, 03:48:23 pm »

@Vector:
Ohhhhh. This explains a lot.

Colorful Traitor is an ability I've been ignoring because it is only usable if I'm the sole member of the mason group. I guess Toaster has it now, too. IF I am the last member of the mason chat, I can change my alignment to Anti-Anti-Webadict.

It's the ability that came to me from Web's N1 role amendment.
Makes sense...I think that's believable since you were helping me bag FoU and Max which wouldn't make sense if you were actually Anti-Anti-Webadict.

@Mod:
@Mod:
I want to look at all the Dead Entities, is that cool?
Which one?
Who is speaking to me? Can I see The Moderator, webadict, Aeos, and Selene? Or at least Aeos and Selene?

@Everyone:
Oh and here's a list of Dead Entities I got from Dead Chat:

The Moderator
Helia
Erebos
Aeos
Selene
TricMagic
Maximum Spin
Jim Groovester
FallacyofUrist
Knightwing64
Egan_BW
webadict

@TolyK:
Also, Roden was seemingly the only one to action Vector last night. I have the suspicion that Roden is perhaps not quite forthcoming right now, though technically inspecting everyone might look like targeting everyone.
Is that a claim, you watched Vector last night?
I "watched" (initiated the action on) Vector last day, but the action actually occurred last night.
The action is called "SET UP TRAPS OUTSIDE".
Got it.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: January 07, 2022, 04:05:11 pm »

I don't think it makes sense for me, I don't really fit into the puzzle.

Hmm. Would all the info be in blue?

All the info would be in blue.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: January 07, 2022, 05:13:25 pm »

Let's get some ideas out.

- I can mostly rule out people in the mason bloc as Anti-Anti Webadict, 'cos all of them acted to take out known Anti-Antis. I don't think Fal and Max would've been taken out so early (not counting Fal's King shenanigans), and so conclusively, if anyone in masonchat was aligned with them.

- I can't as easily rule the mason bloc out as containing a convert, because a convert could conceivably scumhunt for brownie points. That said, the demise of the Anti-Anti team leaves the convert next on the chopping-block, so there's incentive still for the convert to throw a spanner in the works. So.

- I can't get a social read on Vector. Compared to their bloc-mates, their presence in-thread has been minimal. I wouldn't be able to tell easily if they'd been converted.

- I can get a social read on Roden. They've taken an aggressive, mechanics-based approach to the Game, wielding their role to exert pressure on their scumhunt targets. This in itself isn't enormously telling, but the fact that they haven't actually shot a bunch of people, despite their threats, implies they haven't had enough information available to them to be confident about a kill. At surface level, nothing there suggests "not town" to me.

- Unless Vector's inspect misfired somehow, one of Roden and Vector must be non-Anti-Webadict.
- If I'm understanding the mechanics, Egan's Convert Action would have affected both Vector and Toaster while they were hydra'd.
- Despite everything happening, I haven't completely ruled out EuchreJack as convert. See Toaster's D4 post for the case on him.

...I don't like the direction this is going. Still, hafta keep pushing.

Vector, it's over. I know both you and Toony are Traitors. Colorful Traitors in fact. Red and Orange, perhaps? You literally cannot win this, doubly so if I die.

I will say though that I have no idea what the hell is going on with Toaster. They don't assume the alignment of someone else, they replace somebody's alignment with their own.

? ? ? No, Toony does not have a role from Color Mafia.

Did you know what ability Roden was talking about (Colorful Traitor) when he mentioned this? If so, why didn't you claim it here?

Gonna pop your bulletloon here; I didn't shoot the Webadict (or anyone.)  I just inspected EuchreJack, and surprise, he's not Anti-Webadict.  But turns out you knew that.  Anyway, I haven't shot any bullets yet.

...hm.

Toony: Ask the mod which would resolve first: an inspect, or your Figment switcheroo.
Toaster: Current reads on Vector, Roden, and EuchreJack?
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: January 07, 2022, 05:26:26 pm »

- Despite everything happening, I haven't completely ruled out EuchreJack as convert. See Toaster's D4 post for the case on him.

I explained my change in behavior here, although I can see it getting lost in my info dump.  Basically, I was a Different Cult-like, but that win condition is gone. 
So now I'm the Webadict, trying to get the Town & me & everyone else to win to avoid losing to Day 6 lynch.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: January 07, 2022, 05:29:56 pm »

Ah interesting. I'll admit, I'm a bit lost in the thread as it currently stands.
What Figment gave you that, if any? Was it your pre-Game role, or?

...why do you want the convert dead, anyway?
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: January 07, 2022, 05:32:18 pm »

The Mecromancer figment gave me that win condition.
The dead gave me extra votes.
The living with robots gave me a win condition where if they equaled or exceeded those without robots, then I won.
Not actually cult, since no player converted to my faction, but I got control and a win condition.  So cult-like.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: January 07, 2022, 06:44:43 pm »

Vector, it's over. I know both you and Toony are Traitors. Colorful Traitors in fact. Red and Orange, perhaps? You literally cannot win this, doubly so if I die.

I will say though that I have no idea what the hell is going on with Toaster. They don't assume the alignment of someone else, they replace somebody's alignment with their own.

? ? ? No, Toony does not have a role from Color Mafia.

Did you know what ability Roden was talking about (Colorful Traitor) when he mentioned this? If so, why didn't you claim it here?

No, I totally forgot about Colorful Traitor and thought he was just coming up with a flavorful way to call me and Toony scum. I've had ... 3? changes from my original role PM this game:

- Fuse with Toaster
- Unlock Colorful Traitor
- Unfuse with Toaster

Colorful Traitor came at around the time that I also was involuntarily fused with Toaster and got information about all of his abilities, and when I Unfused I wasn't updated with all my info (for example, I thought I had lost my Paintbrush, but I still have it). When it became clear that it was the name of an Ability I went digging through my PMs to figure out what it did.

To be clear the Masonchat hasn't been exactly posting our whole role PMs to each other, in case somebody got converted or whatever. I didn't know that Toony could resurrect until like ... D2 and I didn't reveal my ability to inspect until I intended to use it.

...why do you want the convert dead, anyway?

Doesn't Anti-Webadict need all Pro-Webadicts dead to win? That would be a good reason to track down and kill the convert if one exists/still exists.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: January 07, 2022, 07:38:57 pm »

That still leaves the issue of Roden and Vector giving contradictory results.

I think at least one of the inspects must have some large caveat, e.g. being only half-reliable. Or both of them.

Does anyone have any ability that messes up inspects globally or locally? Would be helpful to know now.  :P

@Everyone:
Oh and here's a list of Dead Entities I got from Dead Chat:

The Moderator
Helia
Erebos
Aeos
Selene
TricMagic
Maximum Spin
Jim Groovester
FallacyofUrist
Knightwing64
Egan_BW
webadict
Ok, that seems to match what's publicly known, right? Why isn't Jack's former Mechromancer in there?...
Concerned that Jack had a win condition, says he doesn't any more, but he could technically be lying as far as we know, right? :P
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: January 07, 2022, 10:10:30 pm »

Got confirmation that I now have the Webadict win condition.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: January 08, 2022, 01:12:17 am »

@Mod, I use The Privilege to ask the following: Who has the Magic Bullet?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: January 08, 2022, 01:54:04 am »

Sorry, The Privilege can only be used to confirm a statement.  So, it would be really helpful if I could actually get some help with this plan, and guess correctly.

@Roden: Did you have the Magic Bullet? Did you use the Magic Bullet? If not, then you still have it.  I know because my single bullet got added to The Webadicts supply of bullets when I became The Webadict.
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 82