Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 82

Author Topic: Dead Webadict Now: Game Over  (Read 60903 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Kill Webadict Now - Day 5
« Reply #1080 on: January 06, 2022, 07:28:33 am »

Sorry for spam posting. If nothing else, my alignment and wincon have also disappeared, so I don't think I can even win anymore. This is actually worse than if I died, I think, because I can't even piggy back off of an alignment win anymore.
Riddle me this: How can you still play and be here without a wincon? What does that mean? What does that imply?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: January 06, 2022, 08:54:36 am »

@Roden: Who is the infinite voter?  Kinda scary that we'd have one of those.

@Vector: I sent a robot to Toonyman.  Surprised that it worked, actually.

@ToonyMan: Are you and Vector still allies?  Sounds like you're not coordinating your actions.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: January 06, 2022, 11:46:40 am »

I did receive a robot last night.

@ToonyMan: Are you and Vector still allies?  Sounds like you're not coordinating your actions.
We can all be allies at this point.

Jack, what was Knightwing's Figment? Why did they die?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: January 06, 2022, 02:25:21 pm »

It would appear to me that Vector cut off my Mechromancer figment last night, but since I still had Jim's Class President figment, I reverted to that.
Then Toonyman swapped my figment with Knightwing's figment, putting Jim's Class President figment on Knightwing and The Webadict on me.
Dunno who/how Knighwing died, but usually kills are processed last, thus Knightwing no longer had any protection once the swap occured. Knightwing died as town.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: January 06, 2022, 02:53:41 pm »

There's two possibilities:

1. Someone killed Knightwing last night. This is an understandable action, but they have decided not to claim the kill for some reason. I know what Toaster said they were doing last night and everyone else has posted.
2. Knightwing died because of an effect of the Webadict Figment.

Considering the circumstances and Jack again not answering me about their Figment, I believe scenario 2 is more likely. If Roden is correct then Jack has two bullets left and definitely has no reason within their role to work with us anymore, regardless of their past affiliations.

Unless, Jack boy, you want to cooperate? It's up to you whether that's worth doing I suppose. No matter what Figment you have now don't let that swallow you into illusions.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: January 06, 2022, 02:59:28 pm »

Something very odd too...Jack had a Figment of Jim and not Jim's Class President Figment. This is very likely because on N1 Jim was killed by Max, but also given this robot by Jack. This robot will basically suck up my soul when I die and give it to Jack. Although if he's not a Mechromancer anymore then?

I'm sorely tempted to know what kind of ability my own Figment would have, but I don't exactly want to die and power up Jackadict.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: January 06, 2022, 03:12:28 pm »

Okay on a second peruse I never asked Jack to explain the Webadict Figment, but he has confirmed he has it now. Are you willing to share what secrets Knightwing had? Is there anything in their role that would explain their demise? Because we can rule out scenario 2 that way.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: January 06, 2022, 03:19:27 pm »

Arrg.

Roden: I want answers to everything in here, stat.

So you really did get a list of abilities last Night. Seems like you didn't get a perfect bead on which roles belong to which people?
Regardless, you have my attention regarding the mason bloc. Were Toony and Vector Anti-Webadict at the start of the game, by your read?

Two Players can mod kill Figments. Masons, this you?

Jack is also a potential candidate for this, depending on whether you think he was framed for Helia's pre-Game death or not.

Toony: Was Roden the convert? If not, who is? Does a convert exist?
Also, elaborate on "we can all be allies". I'm not buying it just yet.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: January 06, 2022, 03:26:35 pm »

The convert likely exists. It could be anyone but TolyK or Roden.

Knightwing had an Anti-Webadict Figment when they died, hence they flipped as Anti-Webadict.

What do you think would happen if someone with more than one Figment or zero Figments died? What would be the result?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: January 06, 2022, 04:50:19 pm »

Okay on a second peruse I never asked Jack to explain the Webadict Figment, but he has confirmed he has it now. Are you willing to share what secrets Knightwing had? Is there anything in their role that would explain their demise? Because we can rule out scenario 2 that way.

Yeah, I forgot to mention the that the Webadict Figment has the ability to swap the Webadict Figment with whatever they got.  It is one use per player, so I could theoretically dump it onto someone else, who could dump it onto someone else unless they swapped it back onto me where it would be stuck.

The convert likely exists. It could be anyone but TolyK or Roden.
I can clear up my prior behavior, since the Mecromancer seems to be gone entirely.  The Mecromancer had a win condition: If the number of living players with robots equals or exceeds everyone else, then you win (note that Mecromancer has one robot that is duplicated).  So yeah, I was sorta going for that, but its gone now.

I got lots of reason to cooperate, as I want the convert dead.  I don't believe Egan's claim in the dead chat that the convert was Knightwing.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: January 06, 2022, 05:05:17 pm »

Something very odd too...Jack had a Figment of Jim and not Jim's Class President Figment. This is very likely because on N1 Jim was killed by Max, but also given this robot by Jack. This robot will basically suck up my soul when I die and give it to Jack. Although if he's not a Mechromancer anymore then?

A bit incorrect, and that is why you don't get it.
The robot sucks up your figment and gives it to the Mechromancer.  We also don't know that someone else isn't the Mechromancer, in the same way that we don't know that Roden's figment was absorbed or destroyed.  If Vector has 4 figments, they might not be inclined to reveal that.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: January 06, 2022, 05:09:10 pm »

What do you think would happen if someone with more than one Figment or zero Figments died? What would be the result?
My theory is that someone can't die if they have multiple figments, only each figment dies.
Zero figments puts them in a stump state, no vote but still alive.  Hm, do they need a figment to win?

I'm inclined to ask: "If a player has no figment, is their win condition Anti-Webadict?"
But I'll wait to see if anyone has any better question to ask.  Knightwing was a great and powerful Webadict, but I think this ability was underutilized maybe.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: January 06, 2022, 06:34:29 pm »

What alignment is the Webadict Figment? Same as Helia and Erebos? They weren't actually Pro-Webadict which is interesting.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: January 06, 2022, 06:36:39 pm »

What alignment is the Webadict Figment? Same as Helia and Erebos? They weren't actually Pro-Webadict which is interesting.
The Webadict's faction is Webadict.

More interesting, the win condition is Everyone Else Must Die.
Survival isn't part of the win condition.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: January 06, 2022, 06:42:30 pm »

Theory: If the Webadict kills everyone with 1 bullet, they bleed out and die next phase.  If that next phase is Day, those destined to die can vote the Webadict. Thus both sides win.
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 82