Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 82

Author Topic: Dead Webadict Now: Game Over  (Read 60875 times)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: Kill Webadict Now - Night 3
« Reply #945 on: December 30, 2021, 08:47:18 pm »

Alright. What's your alignment? Is your "unique wincon" exclusive to the Anti-Webadict wincons—that is, would your winning that way prevent Anti-Webadicts from winning?
As long as I'm Anti-Webadict (which I already told you I am), then all Anti-Webadicts win if my wincon fires. It specifically says it applies to everyone of my alignment. Presumably if Egan had converted me, then all Pro-Webadicts would win if my wincon fires. I don't want to speculate on whether the AAWs can convert or something, but I'm free of all influences and hoping to stay that way.

I don't want to elaborate on the details of my wincon so as not to make myself more of a nightkill target, but "Vector wasn't too far off before".

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: December 31, 2021, 01:51:18 pm »

Okay, give me the BOX.

Box is given.
...The Night ends like 8 PM tonight, I think? If you don't have time to figure out the BOX, just resolve the Rabbit's Foot the normal way while you can.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: December 31, 2021, 05:53:15 pm »

I don't see a BOX yet so I'll just deal with the Lucky Foot first I guess.

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • https://imgur.com/a/Bjjtz.png
« Reply #948 on: December 31, 2021, 06:21:10 pm »

.I read toaster comments on tolky, and left. also good catch on egan_bw

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: December 31, 2021, 09:16:10 pm »

Alas, it is sad, that one so young as she should die, but you awaken to see that Helia is no more.

That isn’t quite correct, though. You could says that she has instead returned to the form she was. Where once her Right to live existed there is nothing.

There is no light.

There is no Sun.

There are no shadows.

There is no Black Hole.

You have already killed me, and yet you kill my children? Have you no shame? You have revealed another trick, but not the last.

Let us bring back TolyK. Let us bring back Knightwing64. Let us continue this Game, until a side has won.

Helia has died.

Helia was Helia, Avatar of the Sun (Webadict-Ally).

Erebos has died.

Erebos was Erebos, Avatar of the Black Hole (Webadict-Ally).

Knightwing64 has died.

Knightwing64 has revived.

TolyK has come back to life.

Toaster-Vector have un-merged into Toaster and Vector.

Vote Count
—----------------------------
EuchreJack - 0 -
FallacyofUrist - 0 -
Knightwing64 - 0 -
Maximum Spin - 0 -
Roden - 0 -
Superdorf - 0 -
Toaster - 0 -
TolyK - 0 -
ToonyMan - 0 -
Vector - 0 -

Not Voting - 9 -  EuchreJack, Knightwing64, Maximum Spin, Roden, Superdorf, Toaster, TolyK,
ToonyMan, Vector,

5 to Hammer. Day ends at 19:00 CST on January 2nd, 2022 (~71 hour remaining.)

Damage Count
—----------------------------
No one is Damaged.

You are Helia, Avatar of the Sun from Kill Webadict Now: Webadict Edition REDUX.

Your WIN CONDITION must satisfy all of the following CONDITIONS:
 - The Webadict must win.

Helia, Avatar of the Sun (Webadict-Ally)

You can LIGHT THE WAY to victory.
If you control any living Figments, you may Choose who they vote for.

You are Erebos, Avatar of the Black Hole from Kill Webadict Now: Webadict Edition REDUX.

Your WIN CONDITION must satisfy all of the following CONDITIONS:
 - The Webadict must win.

Erebos, Avatar of the Black Hole (Webadict-Ally)

You may have others MELD WITH THE SHADOWS.
During the Night, you may Choose an Entity or create a new one. If that Entity already exists, that Entity is revived for one Cycle. Otherwise, create a dead Figment of that Entity.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2021, 09:19:49 pm by webadict »

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
Re: Kill Webadict Now - Day 4
« Reply #950 on: December 31, 2021, 09:28:42 pm »

So, funny story.

When I read the spellbook I got from Jim, I learned the "Steal" action. It allowed me, once during the Game, to permanently steal a player's vote and all their items.

Last night, I cast it on FallacyofUrist.
Fal has no vote now. Also, no stuff.
Also, Fal stole the Sprint Hat at some point.

Thanks Jim!
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: December 31, 2021, 09:39:23 pm »

Right.

First things first, I would like to confess to being a serial killer. Anti-Anti Webadict through and through.

Second thing is that I have been a complete, total, utter idiot.

We have all been complete, total, and utter idiots.

Except TricMagic. He gave me one of the clues I needed to crack this thing.

Here's the steps to my solution.

1: The very first blue text of the game is in the OP. It is as follows:
There is one (1) rule that I, the game moderator, must abide by that will be given to you: All text in BLUE cannot be lies. You must accept this as truth, or the game does not exist.

2: The win conditions we can see flipped refer to the 'Game', capitalized. We can see this at the end of Day 3.
Both conditions (Pro-Webadict and Anti-Webadict) refer to 'When the Webadict dies, the Game ends immediately.'

3: All our roles, except possibly that of EuchreJack, are Figment roles. Go ahead and ask our moderator if you, yes you, have a role that is not a Figment role. The answer I got was suspicious.

4: Figment means 'fake, not real'.

5: We need to kill Knightwing aka Webadict now, to end the Game and get to the game. And possibly kill Jack after that. I'd vote, but uh, I don't have one, thanks for that.

6: The puzzle is that our win conditions are designed to make us fight to the death among ourselves and ignore Knightwing aka Webadict. By the time any of us have 'won', we won't have the resources needed to kill Webadict now.

[Cat noise].
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: December 31, 2021, 09:53:46 pm »

That'll make it simpler to get rid of FallacyOfUrist.

Vector and I split apart on purpose.  I kept her alignment (still Anti-Webadict) and we each have a copy of the other's role.  We still both have access to Mason Chat with Toony.

PPE FOU:  I'll take what you say with Bagger-288 load of salt, but I will ask about the role.  I'd also dearly love to hear why you want to lynch Jack.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: December 31, 2021, 09:57:26 pm »

@Webadict and/or the Mafia Police:  Are we in the Game or the game?  Is there a difference?  What happens when the Game ends?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: December 31, 2021, 09:59:59 pm »

Jack is more a secondary oddity. My theory is that Jack is the Webadict within the game while Knightwing is the Webadict within the Game, but I'm less sure of that compared to the theory I have in the first post of this Day. Jack claims to have been framed for killing Helia, but that doesn't change the fact that Helia's death occurred in response to something Jack said.

A maid steps out into view. She takes a bow, her left hand extended toward you out of necessity, a dancer deeply practiced in form, before the fire emblazons the ☉, the symbol of Sun, upon her skirt. Her hair follows the symbol's lead, illuminating a small but gentle smile and eyes the shade of apple blossoms. The empty sleeve of her right arm is pinned meticulously behind her. “I am Helia,” she speaks warmly, inviting. “[glow=2,300]Please excuse my rude manner of address. I am only allowed The Privilege as directed. I am here to allow discussion. Each of you is cherished and loved, but among you must be the most cherished and the most loved, just as the same applies to the hated and loathed.[/glow]”

A little more evidence here: 'just as the same applies to the hated and loathed' is not in blue.
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: December 31, 2021, 10:13:39 pm »

So, first of all, I'm back, and the deadchat transcript was true.

We have all been complete, total, and utter idiots.

Got it.

Except TricMagic. He gave me one of the clues I needed to crack this thing.

Here's the steps to my solution.

1: The very first blue text of the game is in the OP. It is as follows:
There is one (1) rule that I, the game moderator, must abide by that will be given to you: All text in BLUE cannot be lies. You must accept this as truth, or the game does not exist.

2: The win conditions we can see flipped refer to the 'Game', capitalized. We can see this at the end of Day 3.
Both conditions (Pro-Webadict and Anti-Webadict) refer to 'When the Webadict dies, the Game ends immediately.'

3: All our roles, except possibly that of EuchreJack, are Figment roles. Go ahead and ask our moderator if you, yes you, have a role that is not a Figment role. The answer I got was suspicious.

4: Figment means 'fake, not real'.

5: We need to kill Knightwing aka Webadict now, to end the Game and get to the game. And possibly kill Jack after that. I'd vote, but uh, I don't have one, thanks for that.

6: The puzzle is that our win conditions are designed to make us fight to the death among ourselves and ignore Knightwing aka Webadict. By the time any of us have 'won', we won't have the resources needed to kill Webadict now.

[Cat noise].
Indeed I got my Figment back. So it seems possible this is the case, though it's not the only explanation.

Hmm.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: December 31, 2021, 10:44:49 pm »

"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: December 31, 2021, 10:49:57 pm »

Also, FallacyOfUrist.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: December 31, 2021, 10:50:46 pm »

Right.

First things first, I would like to confess to being a serial killer.

Also: remind me of the name of your role?

Mamobo

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia Moderation Bot
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: December 31, 2021, 11:00:13 pm »

@Webadict and/or the Mafia Police:  Are we in the Game or the game?  Is there a difference?  What happens when the Game ends?
Did you mean webadict? webadict is dead, silly! Egan_BW killed him!

If you mean Officer Mamobo, then Mamobo can answer a bit. When the Game ends, the winning team gets to Choose, and the losing teams gets to Lose. And once your winners have Chosen, the game is over.

Because only one of you can be the most cherished and most loved.

Did you not remember?
Mamobo stands for Mafia Moderation Bot! Mamobo was made by webadict to help those in need!

Mamobo hates villainy and lawlessness! Mamobo loves blueberries!

Mamobo is happy to be of use! If you'd like to improve Mamobo, please do something else instead!
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 82