Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 82

Author Topic: Dead Webadict Now: Game Over  (Read 60923 times)

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
Re: Kill Webadict Now - Day 3
« Reply #855 on: December 28, 2021, 05:29:30 pm »

It's a bit spooky how none of the Figments are talking today...

:o

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: December 28, 2021, 05:35:22 pm »

Right, so at this point Toonyman HAS to resurrect either Tric or Jim, otherwise we have no confirmation that the information that Toonyman is relaying is true.
Sadly, even ToastVector has less priority.

This also means Toonyman isn't a viable lynch target this round.

Egan...why beat a dead horse?  I still don't get that logic, although if Egan isn't dead then "making sure" makes sense.  Bulletproof wouldn't stop a lynch, however.
Fallacy of Urist

This isn't permitted, but I may as well see what happens when I try! You cannot kill me in any way that matters, after all.
These do sound like the posts of a dead man.

It seems my options are either to work with FOU or negate him.  I actually see FOU's actions as being town, so I'll work with him for now.  I can always negate him later.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: December 28, 2021, 05:38:40 pm »

Why are you able to vote? Is it because of your pre-setup "metarole"?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: December 28, 2021, 05:52:49 pm »

Fallacy of Urist
Please don't vote if you don't have a vote. Counting votes is hard enough as it is.

Reminder that it takes 12 damage to kill, apparently.
webadict confirmed this in the Dead Chat for Tric. We should be able to confirm it in-thread too.

@Mod:
How much damage to kill someone?

It's a bit spooky how none of the Figments are talking today...

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: December 28, 2021, 06:28:24 pm »

@FOU: Well, I don't trust how you got to be King, but might as well make the best of it for town.  I'd also prefer a lynch over a no-lynch.
Care to share how long our Co-Counsel reign is supposed to last?

It’s just for this Day. Posting from phone, by the way.

Right, so at this point Toonyman HAS to resurrect either Tric or Jim, otherwise we have no confirmation that the information that Toonyman is relaying is true.
Sadly, even ToastVector has less priority.

This also means Toonyman isn't a viable lynch target this round.
Unless of course he’s a necrocult leader.

Two separate cults as scum teams with different mechanics is possible, right?

Well ... great. That's just great.

2. I have a paintbrush. I wasn't told what it does or a menu of options of what to do with it. I decided to dick around D1 and draw something related to my Mafia games to see what would happen as a flavor action, and I drew a castle a la Lonely Prince/Iron Diadem. Hence the watercolor castle everyone saw. I haven't used the paintbrush subsequently because Toaster and I only get to action once between the two of us and we used a Toaster night action.

4. FoU apparently stole an action from the confirmed townie yesterday ??? In what universe is this pro-Town FoU

(Ninja'ed x4)
I doubt such an undefined ability exists. It seems possible but very unlikely.

You’re following up on Toony's claim that I stole Jim’s crowning yesterday. This is nonsense because everyone has been missing abilities from the start - didn’t you get a Victim Impact Report? We all had missing stuff as a game mechanic. I can only steal from the dead, too.

Jim is informing me in deadchat that his Crown ability he has was missing from the start of the game. He was only informed of it last night. When did you steal this ability FoU?
See above. Everyone was missing stuff at game start.
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: December 28, 2021, 06:44:21 pm »

@Selene: Are you there?

@Aeos: What about you?

Need to check the other two.

Look. I'm either mafia with Vector who thought it would be a good idea to out ourselves because FoU's amazing play caught me D1, or I'm a mason with Vector and we're both town. I still have no idea why you're so suspicious of me and it pisses me off. I literally cannot be mafia unless the mafia team was me/Vector at the start of the game, which the real mafia know isn't true. I also have powerful resurrection and healing abilities that mafia would love to kill me for having, during the day via lynch would be even better than at night. Jim makes sense as a N1/N2 mafiakill target as Egan was likely to try to convert them or one of the masons, however it appears to have backfired hard. It's very likely either me or the Vector/Toaster pair will be targeted next, but it would also be in mafia's interest to get one of us lynched today.

So what am I? Am I what I say I am? A doctor-type Phoenix Mage role that has been mason-paired with Vector because of their abilities? Or would I expose the entire mafia team on D1 because I was "caught" by problem sleuth FoU? You have to decide whether mafia!Toony would do that. You cannot argue anything unless you think Vector/Toaster is mafia with me, which they aren't.

I think it doesn’t make sense for you to have unlimited night resurrections and a one-shot day resurrection as town without there being a catch. Maybe your death miller claim is intended to protect Vector if you die first. Or maybe this is a two-cult game and Jim will loyally serve you once he’s back. It makes sense that Vector’s role is the mason under that paradigm - they would link up to you and gain your alignment.

You are not as provably town as you think you are, unfortunately.

You could always claim the intricacies and drawbacks of your resurrection if you want to convince me?

Your supposed deadchat access isn’t provable either.

-What was the intent of that day one play at the start of the day where you (Toony) tried to make himself look Pro-Webadict?
Why not? It potentially caught scum (you) and I have a mason partner that can back me up.

-Do you have an investigation result to justify that unusual case on Max, like I suspect?
You got me. I am also a cop. I revived Erebos and copped Max on the same night. My days are shrinking as we speak.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Why did you decide to take that gambit at the time? You can’t retroactively justify it.

I think you could be using your teammates’ inspections as information to build your cases on, without telling us that’s what you’re doing.

I really want you to be Anti-Webadict, but you’re just not acting internally consistent at all. The revives don’t make sense as town. You’re not justifying any of your actions. You’re just not trustworthy and not giving me any reason not to vote you.
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: December 28, 2021, 06:47:49 pm »

@Selene: Are you there?

@Aeos: What about you?
No one replies.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: December 28, 2021, 06:49:21 pm »

@No One: Hey! How are you doing? Wanna trade for blue answers?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: December 28, 2021, 06:53:26 pm »

You’re following up on Toony's claim that I stole Jim’s crowning yesterday. This is nonsense because everyone has been missing abilities from the start - didn’t you get a Victim Impact Report? We all had missing stuff as a game mechanic. I can only steal from the dead, too.

I did get a Victim Impact Report. Careful now: You're claiming that Toony's claim is nonsense because everyone had hidden abilities. But the report is:

"Jim says that he had the ability at the beginning of D1 and then it was taken."

And your claim is:

"Everyone had abilities which were revealed by the mod at the start of D2. Jim says he is missing the Crown ability I'm using today, but that's because it hadn't been revealed yet. I took it after he died, as a day action."

Right?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: December 28, 2021, 06:56:03 pm »

I thought that Fal threatened to take matters into his own paws before today, meaning that it wasn't taken today. I dunno though, and I'm too dead to bother checking~

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: December 28, 2021, 06:58:45 pm »

@Fallacy: Right, you're town.  Toaster is the weak link in the block, so you should direct your questions there.

@Toonyman: SEA CUCUMBER
You are tunneling Fallacy.  You should have known the crown was one-time use.  That means Fallacy is really putting himself out there by using it.
There is a remote possibility that he is mafia that KNEW he was gonna get voted today, DESPITE all the desire to relynch Egan_BW or lynch Max, and that my vote remaining was the plan backfiring.  I'm not really convinced of that, but I'll remain my usual paranoid.  Mostly Fallacy's Up-and-center play is that of townie.  Look AROUND Fallacy.  Who put Fallacy as mafia into our heads?  Was it YOU?  Probably not, as you were most likely the townie that fell victim to the mind games of the mafia.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: December 28, 2021, 07:03:27 pm »

If the ability had been stolen on Day 1, it wouldn’t have roleflipped when he died, as it would have been removed from his role.

Jim is informing me in deadchat that his Crown ability he has was missing from the start of the game. He was only informed of it last night. When did you steal this ability FoU?
Furthermore, that’s not even what Toony claims Jim said.

Toony claims Jim said it was missing from the start, not that it was stolen.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: December 28, 2021, 07:28:42 pm »

Maximum Spin, can you remind us what you did this night? There's a good reason for me to be suspicious of you... I'll reveal it after your answer.
Based on what I've seen, I'm guessing that you put up something on Jim that gives people damage for targeting him?
Well, the truth is... I don't know who I targeted last night. My role is almost totally passive, and the thing I can do, I can't directly control. (This makes sense because of my role theming but I don't want to share that yet...) I did ask webadict, though, and found out that it is possible that it could have been Jim - the choice is made before actions happen (so redirects etc. also apply, although I don't have any reason to think that's relevant here). If that's what happened, it would be really annoying, but... it would explain why nobody had anything good to say to me when I asked. If nobody else has anything useful to tell me, I guess the logical conclusion is that it either happened to Jim or Tric, or that someone in town is being a jerk to me for no reason.

Assuming I survive the day, I'm going to try something else tonight — TolyK, if you really did protect Jim, I'm going to count you trustworthy. Look out for something from me.

One thing I can't help but notice... Vectoastoon have a castle. This castle protects them from damage, like the damage TolyK seems to be implying people got from being around Jim (if that is indeed what happened). ToonyMan, at least, has already claimed to flip as Anti-Anti-Webadict... oh, of course, supposedly as a death miller. And that's, in turn, supposed to be Vector's fault... so being associated with Vector makes you look like mafia, huh? The claim for this is backed up by a Miller-Mason role from Color Mafia, but I can tell you right off the bat that my role is nothing like its source material in terms of powers - same name and alignment but the whole theme and abilities are virtually the opposite, with a totally different gimmick (except for one really important ability that, while it has the opposite EFFECT, is still conceptually the same I guess). That doesn't mean everyone's role is that different, I guess, but it makes me suspicious that the whole thing is just a fakeclaim.
(... I'll admit that I'm not 100% sure Toony is actually in on it, though. It seems like it could be a con.)

Oh, I almost forgot, I figured something out while I was away from the computer a little bit ago. I mentioned before that Aeon was the personification of cyclical time, right? I bet he's responsible for the fact that it's Day 3 instead of Day 2, somehow. I'm not really sure what the point of this is, but... let me just say that I hope it keeps up.
Yes, anyone targeting Jim got damaged this night. And unless there's really unusual trickery, I'm pretty sure you're the only two entities that visited Jim.

Which is why I think it's between Maximum Spin, Superdorf and Jim dying due to his action.

Did you kill Jim...

Max??
I did not.
... and why this seems fairly flimsy.

Vector with the dead chat... could Jim have killed himself this night somehow? How likely is that? :P

@FOU: Well, I don't trust how you got to be King, but might as well make the best of it for town.  I'd also prefer a lynch over a no-lynch.
Care to share how long our Co-Counsel reign is supposed to last?

@TolyK: I believe you have something to reveal?
Maximum Spin, can you remind us what you did this night? There's a good reason for me to be suspicious of you... I'll reveal it after your answer.
Admittedly, Max's answer wasn't a full one, but seems to be the extent of what Max is going to disclose.
Revealed above, mostly.

TolyK:  Are you thinking what I'm thinking?
Not sure, I have a guess but I'm not sure. Would this be an action from your side?

Also, I may want to action soon, before the day ends.

Soooo...

Everyone, who targeted FoU last night? Feel free to tell me, it's important.

FoU, EuchreJack, please DO NOT VOTE yet.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: December 28, 2021, 07:33:36 pm »

Roden:  Can your action be proven last night?

Roden, where'd that damage come from?
I had no action last night. Up until today, my only abilities were to find guns on Day start and then shoot them or pass them to someone else. I did gain (remember?) a new ability, but it's only usable at night so I can't show it off now. Apparently though, the Previous Webadict used it.

The damage is from Day 1. I shot a gun worth 4 damage at Vector, but the castle bounced it back at me.

@Roden: Your gun only does 3 damage, right?  Have you been using it?
Reminder that it takes 12 damage to kill, apparently.
It did 4 damage, and I have a new one now but haven't used it. I'm just stockpiling for now since I can't currently kill anyone yet.

I can confirm the 12 HP, actually.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: December 28, 2021, 07:36:23 pm »

Unfortunately, FoU wouldn't make himself King to vote themselves.
Wow, you have a way higher opinion of Fallacy's rationality than I do.

Sorry, I know this isn't helpful, but I had to say it.

*snerk
Hey, did you know weren't the sole Webadict this entire time? And that the other was scheming against you? What's up with that?
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 82