Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 82

Author Topic: Dead Webadict Now: Game Over  (Read 60564 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Kill Webadict Now - Webadict Edition REDUX : Soap And Ballot [12 / 13 MAX]
« Reply #45 on: December 17, 2021, 10:39:10 am »

Hmm.

@Helia

What does it mean to choose a webadict?
"You misunderstand, Player Knightwing64. You cannot Choose a webadict. webadict has already been Chosen. You must Choose the Webadict that will kill the rest of you." Her voice begins to flow faster. "They will burn your corpses and turn the rest of you into ashes. They will rule this plane for all of existence because the Webadict will win, and I will serve them from that Day onward, basking in their light as I do Theirs." She clears her throat and adjusts her outfit before continuing. "Though, you must Choose through deference who is to receive the honor of killing you."

That is not entirely true. The Webadict must kill everyone else to win. Everyone else must kill the Webadict to win.

"It is not yet false, either."

@Mod:
What happens if a 13th player joins?? We're still in sign ups!
They will be given the same Rights and Choice as you and allowed to join the game.

"We will have 13 Players or we will not. We only need one, anyway."
« Last Edit: December 17, 2021, 11:44:21 am by webadict »

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 17, 2021, 10:51:12 am »

TolyK because I was once a Webadict too, but then got a Shakerag to the knee.

@Helia, since almost everything you say isn't blue, I will assume we can more or less discount its literal truthfulness.

@Mod, is the text not from Helia something that is omnipresent, or is it more like a narrator?
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 17, 2021, 10:55:41 am »

Yes, I know Shakerag isn't playing. Yet.

Code: (For ease of copying) [Select]
EuchreJack
FallacyofUrist
Jim Groovester
Knightwing64
Maximum Spin
Roden
Superdorf
Toaster
TolyK
ToonyMan
TricMagic
Vector

@Mod, vote count please?

Personally, my guess is that TolyK TolyK TolyK TolyK isn't necessarily the best idea, but it'll get the ball rolling.

Also, I trust Vector to be helpful in figuring this out, even if they're almost in Mafia retirement.  :)
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 17, 2021, 10:58:16 am »

Helia appears to be another character in the story with a text color that burns my eyes like the sun.

I recommend not placing any votes on yourself if you don't want to be chosen, and thus a target of suspicion when the game...properly starts.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 17, 2021, 11:26:28 am »

TolyK because I was once a Webadict too, but then got a Shakerag to the knee.

@Helia, since almost everything you say isn't blue, I will assume we can more or less discount its literal truthfulness.

@Mod, is the text not from Helia something that is omnipresent, or is it more like a narrator?
"It is apparent that I have not earned your trust, Player TolyK. I will acknowledge this and provide less bias in my judgments. I was only given permission to use The Privilege as requested, and to do more would violate the sanctity of this Game.

As for the words of Mod Almighty, They are the master of this realm, apparent to all who wish to hear.
"

That is not a Game-related question.

"You will get used to the Almighty answering vaguely. They are a source of truth and also a source of mistrust. It is why They use It at all."

Helia appears to be another character in the story with a text color that burns my eyes like the sun.

I recommend not placing any votes on yourself if you don't want to be chosen, and thus a target of suspicion when the game...properly starts.
"Is this better, Player ToonyMan?"

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 17, 2021, 11:34:34 am »

BTW, much better.

@Mod, can I get "the privelege"? Or do we already have it?

Also, we can't be sure my question was not game related, as the reply wasn't on blue. Or maybe I'm being pedantic... Until we see a vote count, I guess we can't be sure. Also, quite a few votes to hammer...
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 17, 2021, 12:56:58 pm »

@Mod: Do we vote by putting player's names in red?

@Helia: Is "the Privilege" to talk in absolute truth via blue text?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 17, 2021, 01:02:22 pm »

So, we have to chose our first Webadict before any of us know who is the Webadict.  Assuming The Actual Webadict is Serial Killer, and choosing means killing (both unknown assumptions), we're bascially voting without knowing our roles.  Reminds me of One Night Werewolf.

@Mod: Does our choice of Webadict kill the person chosen?
Does the Webadict have a night kill?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: Kill Webadict Now - Webadict Edition REDUX : SETUP [12 / 13 MAX]
« Reply #53 on: December 17, 2021, 01:36:31 pm »

Unused Votes - EuchreJack [x12], FallacyofUrist [x12], Jim Groovester [x12], Knightwing64 [x12], Maximum Spin [x12], Roden [x12], Superdorf [x12], Toaster [x12], TolyK [x12], ToonyMan [x12], TricMagic [x12], Vector [x12],

73 To Hammer. Setup Phase ends at 20:00 CDT on December 18th, 2021.

That's a lot of votes.

Is this a Vote Mafia masquerading as a KWN?

I'm actually quite curious what happens if we hammer somebody during the setup phase when nobody has their roles or win conditions.

@Helia, does being chosen confer additional responsibilities to make the game enjoyable for the rest of the players? Does a player need to be chosen?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 17, 2021, 01:39:35 pm »

Alright, let's cast some votes.

Superdorf x1
EuchreJack x11
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 17, 2021, 01:55:50 pm »

@Helia:
Yes.

@Superdorf:
Jack is a good choice because I feel confident we could read them correctly. Although they would need to plant at least one vote on themselves.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 17, 2021, 02:09:30 pm »

"You misunderstand, Player Knightwing64. You cannot Choose a webadict. webadict has already been Chosen. You must Choose the Webadict that will kill the rest of you." Her voice begins to flow faster. "They will burn your corpses and turn the rest of you into ashes. They will rule this plane for all of existence because the Webadict will win, and I will serve them from that Day onward, basking in their light as I do Theirs." She clears her throat and adjusts her outfit before continuing. "Though, you must Choose through deference who is to receive the honor of killing you."

Hmmm.

Hm.

Yeah, it's clear that Webadict and webadict mean two separate things. Which is mighty confusing, but you know, is what it is.

Personally? I say we just don't vote. We remove all our votes and watch the resulting fireworks. Thus, the Webadict will be nobody and all we'll have to worry about will be the webadict.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kill Webadict Now - Webadict Edition REDUX : SETUP [12 / 13 MAX]
« Reply #57 on: December 17, 2021, 02:30:58 pm »

Extra Player
Extra Player is not a valid Choice.

Vote Count
—----------------------------
EuchreJack - 0 - Superdorf [x11],
FallacyofUrist - 0 -
Jim Groovester - 0 -
Knightwing64 - 0 -
Maximum Spin - 0 -
Roden - 0 -
Superdorf - 1 - Superdorf [x1],
Toaster - 0 -
TolyK - 4 - TolyK [x4],
ToonyMan - 0 -
TricMagic - 0 -
Vector - 0 - TolyK [x1],

Unused Votes - EuchreJack [x12], FallacyofUrist [x12], Jim Groovester [x12], Knightwing64 [x12], Maximum Spin [x12], Roden [x12], Toaster [x12], TolyK [x7], ToonyMan [x12], TricMagic [x12], Vector [x12],

73 To Hammer. Setup Phase ends at 20:00 CDT on December 18th, 2021.

TolyK is currently the top Choice.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 17, 2021, 02:52:16 pm »

BTW, much better.

@Mod, can I get "the privelege"? Or do we already have it?

Also, we can't be sure my question was not game related, as the reply wasn't on blue. Or maybe I'm being pedantic... Until we see a vote count, I guess we can't be sure. Also, quite a few votes to hammer...
No Player currently has The Privilege.

@Mod: Do we vote by putting player's names in red?

@Helia: Is "the Privilege" to talk in absolute truth via blue text?
Yes.

"That is a complicated question that has many philosophical answers. To say that It is merely absolute truth is to undermine its voracity. The Privilege allows others to believe all words that are spoken. Anything spoken must be accepted as facts of the world because they are facts of the world."

So, we have to chose our first Webadict before any of us know who is the Webadict.  Assuming The Actual Webadict is Serial Killer, and choosing means killing (both unknown assumptions), we're bascially voting without knowing our roles.  Reminds me of One Night Werewolf.

@Mod: Does our choice of Webadict kill the person chosen?
Does the Webadict have a night kill?

No. You will remain alive if you are Chosen as the Webadict. Only the Webadict may learn what happens when they are Chosen.

@Helia, does being chosen confer additional responsibilities to make the game enjoyable for the rest of the players? Does a player need to be chosen?
"I do not understand the question, Player Jim Groovester. Being Chosen as the Webadict is the highest of all honors. You will have to outwit and outmatch your other Players through any and all means necessary. They will be the ones at a disadvantage because the Webadict will know who can be trusted and who cannot. If no Player is Chosen, then this universe ceases to have a purpose. The embers will die. This fire cannot sustain the world as it is, and even after a Webadict is Chosen, this world will eventually die later. If you can convince everyone that no Game should exist, then no Game will exist. I will speak the Truth of the World, and it will stop."

If no Player is Chosen, the Game will end.

"It will do more than end. It will stop, forever, bound by webadict. Your sub-dimensional space may house you, but you will still be here, sitting at that fire. It is a Choice. It is free will. You are alive, after all."

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 17, 2021, 03:02:16 pm »

No. You will remain alive if you are Chosen as the Webadict. Only the Webadict may learn what happens when they are Chosen.
Notably, not blue text.

Is this literally just an execution vote in disguise.

No Player currently has The Privilege.
Also not fully in blue.

Right.

Hypothesis: webadict (lowercase w) has already been chosen - and given a metarole, some sort of status that doesn't count as a role but can still be assigned at this stage of the game.

Hypothesis: Webadict (capital w) is our greatest weapon for dealing with the lowercase webadict.

Hypothesis: Something funky happens if we manage to make webadict into Webadict.

Further hypothesis: If a 13th player joins, they cannot possibly be webadict because webadict has already been chosen.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 82