Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: dumb hypotheticals thread  (Read 5606 times)

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
Re: dumb hypotheticals thread
« Reply #60 on: March 01, 2023, 11:23:18 am »

What does Cerberus do? He just kinda sits around.

He's a good boi
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 01, 2023, 11:51:30 am »

Ammit has "the head of a crocodile, the front legs of a lion, and the hindquarters of a hippopotamus."

He can't out-maneuver Cerberus so he get's chomped.
See, I just think Ammit is — to dip into difficult-to-quantify areas — more powerful than Cerberus. Ammit eats souls, and was basically the embodiment of fear for the ancient Egyptians. What does Cerberus do? He just kinda sits around.

Cerberus is sort of a god in his own right (son of Typhon and Echidna, grandson of Gaia and Tartarus. He's technically Zeus' cousin.), tasked with stopping anyone from entering or exiting the Underworld, including the souls of dead heroes and the imprisoned Titans. How he does so if pretty unclear, he was beaten by Heracles after all, but Heracles is stupidly powerful even compared to some Olympians so it's not much of a slight against Cerberus.

His brothers and sisters are generally attributed with the destruction of entire nations and generally got killed by demi-gods.

I'd say a fight between him and Ammit is a toss up. Both are pretty undefined when it comes to the whole 'magical symbol of death being eternal' thing.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 02, 2023, 02:57:38 am »

Ammit has "the head of a crocodile, the front legs of a lion, and the hindquarters of a hippopotamus."

He can't out-maneuver Cerberus so he get's chomped.
See, I just think Ammit is — to dip into difficult-to-quantify areas — more powerful than Cerberus. Ammit eats souls, and was basically the embodiment of fear for the ancient Egyptians. What does Cerberus do? He just kinda sits around.

Cerberus is sort of a god in his own right (son of Typhon and Echidna, grandson of Gaia and Tartarus. He's technically Zeus' cousin.), tasked with stopping anyone from entering or exiting the Underworld, including the souls of dead heroes and the imprisoned Titans. How he does so if pretty unclear, he was beaten by Heracles after all, but Heracles is stupidly powerful even compared to some Olympians so it's not much of a slight against Cerberus.

His brothers and sisters are generally attributed with the destruction of entire nations and generally got killed by demi-gods.

I'd say a fight between him and Ammit is a toss up. Both are pretty undefined when it comes to the whole 'magical symbol of death being eternal' thing.
Alternate theory: Cerberus calls in the favor that his second cousin Hercules owes him for "being defeated in honorable combat".

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 02, 2023, 05:00:19 am »

Does it even count as a VS battle if one of them calls in a stand in?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 23, 2023, 07:01:42 pm »

Hmmmmm... Neither Hades nor Anubis would want their pet dead. So I think they will get involved too. If they turn violent as well, Persephone will also jump in to support Hades. Then Demeter will follow right along to support Persephone.

Considering the utter, divine impulsivity and recklessness the Olympians tend to have, this will definitely snowball.
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. I also geld memes.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 24, 2023, 02:18:51 am »

So it's more like a pokemon battle. "Cerberus I chose you!"
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 24, 2023, 05:43:29 pm »

No, its more like the Greek Pantheon getting pepper gassed by the Egyptian Deities.
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. I also geld memes.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #67 on: March 25, 2023, 06:14:07 am »

No, its more like the Greek Pantheon getting pepper gassed by the Egyptian Deities.
"And Sobek comes in from the corner with a chair! Ares goes down!! But Hephaestus is coming up behind Sobek... But Hephaestus slams Ares instead?!! What a shock!!! The crowd goes wild!"

*Camera cuts to the audience of Germanic, Hindu and Celtic gods*

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 04, 2023, 02:20:39 am »

Humans are given the free, totally optional choice of converting into Cybermen. Completely self sufficient walking suits of armour, no longer needing food or sleep, just electricity. Superhuman physical ability and eternal life, but with emotional inhibitors. Not exactly an attractive option for anybody who enjoys being human.

Thing is, it's a pretty much guaranteed chance to survive the inevitable over-heating of the planet and the dwindling of its natural resources.

How many humans do you think actually go for it
The basic premise is sound. Being an immortal being of pure intellect is a pretty good deal in general, and one I would 100% take.
However being a cyberman would be horrible.
Not just cause of the emotional inhibitor, but because of the whole mind controlled into turning other people into cyberman and being so massively traumatized that if your emotions ever turn on again you commit suicide basically right away.

Not sure how many people would actually do it. There are a ton of desperate people out there, and I could see a good portion of really old people who know death is right around the corner and in an immense amount of pain going for it. Sure, you would never feel the touch of a lover or the feeling of sunlight on your face ever again, but that's already the reality for a good chunk of folks.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 05, 2023, 11:15:10 am »

Sunlight causes cancer, and I've never experienced that other thing, so cyber is quite appealing. But I am a natural resistor.

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 03, 2023, 08:48:31 pm »

Mort (Discworld) vs Morty

Noob and peak.
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 04, 2023, 03:56:40 am »

What is Morty from, because there are a lot of thins with some guy called Morty in it.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 04, 2023, 07:32:04 am »

Probably from Rick and Morty
Love, scriver~

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 04, 2023, 07:39:24 am »

Would you sign up for a deal in which you got the equivalent of 200.000 net usd per annum (inflation adjusted) but in exchange you'd spend the rest of your life with a reverse digestive system (defecate through mouth, eat via anus)
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 04, 2023, 07:57:35 am »

Will i still have my mouth in my face or could I have my anus there instead
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6