Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Flash siege  (Read 1240 times)

coalboat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Flash siege
« on: November 21, 2021, 10:08:56 pm »

It happened twice in my fort. A line of goblins arrived and gave the siege announcement, and then promptly left, with the siege status gone.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
Re: Flash siege
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2021, 10:44:44 pm »

This happens a lot.

I think it happens when a marching army passes through your region square. It tends to be goblins because they're always attacking other people. Don't worry about it - just always be ready for them to decide to stay and start murdering dwarves.

Thisfox

• Bay Watcher
  • Vixen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2021, 10:45:37 pm »

Yeah, I get those too. Sometimes they return later with more goblins and trolls, sometimes not. One happened in high summer! I always thought Gobbos were more a winter thing.

I like to think they were told "go over that hill and meet the enemy", went over the hill, took one look at us, and ran screaming away in fear.
Mules gotta spleen. Dwarfs gotta eat.
Thisfox likes aquifers, olivine, Forgotten Beasts for their imagination, & dorfs for their stupidity. She prefers to consume gin & tonic. She absolutely detests Facebook.
"Urist McMason died out of pure spite to make you wonder why he was suddenly dead"
Oh god... Plump Helmet Man Mimes!

HMD Majesty

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes dwarfs for their stupidity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2021, 11:27:44 pm »

We once had an Incursion where a Goblin Crossbowman lagged behind to shoot one or two of Our sentry Ducks.

coalboat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2021, 11:29:12 pm »

Shortly after the siege left, a goblin kidnapper appeared and pathed straight to the nearest temple and nobody attacked him or got interrupted by him. If I didn't order the soldiers to kill him he was probably going to hang out there like a regular visitor.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2021, 01:57:33 am »

Shortly after the siege left, a goblin kidnapper appeared and pathed straight to the nearest temple and nobody attacked him or got interrupted by him. If I didn't order the soldiers to kill him he was probably going to hang out there like a regular visitor.

How do you know he wasn’t just another visitor?
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

Brabygg

• Bay Watcher
  • unknown frozen plant substance
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2021, 05:09:33 am »

How do you know he wasn’t just another visitor?
I honestly think he just was another visitor. I've seen necromancers, bandits and kobold thieves show up as visitors before, it's not that far fetched.
Quote from: Lytha
...dwarves rolling through the corridors in the shape of amorphous, obese globs of fat don't quite seem to be as much of a good thing as dwarves running around with a "very tough" line in their description though.
Generation 2: Add this phrase to your signature, but replace one word in it with one of its synonyms. BETTER social experiment.

coalboat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2021, 08:07:58 pm »

He entered the map invisible and triggered a baby snatcher announcement when a cat spotted him. And he carried a bag. Typical thief behavior, but maybe he really was just a visitor.

coalboat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2021, 10:50:56 pm »

Now I get a real siege that consists of about 50 goblins. Three dead goblins were raised as Goblin Doomed Butcher by my necromancer citizen. They stayed as friendly after the battle, and loitered about the front gate.