Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 85

Author Topic: FEF: Demon Soul Saga IC Thread: Chapter 3: Hunt for the Eighth God  (Read 70169 times)

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Demon Soul Saga IC Thread: Chapter 3: Hunt for the Eighth God
« Reply #1005 on: September 12, 2022, 01:21:12 am »

Club Group (Saya, Riku, Yui, Misa)
Kaname nods.
"I don't want to get into details, but she quit because of a stalker. And that stalker has found her."
"Wait....what? A stalker?"
"I need you to find her and warn her before it's too late."

"That's... I'll do my best, but I can't make any promises for success." Misa admits with unhappiness. "But I'll do my best to find her first."
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: September 12, 2022, 09:38:29 am »

Club Group (Saya, Riku, Yui, Misa)
"Hey, long as you try. I just need you guys to look into one potential person for me. I need you to check if Koga, from the Student Council, is Yagami. If she is, warn her."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1007 on: September 12, 2022, 11:33:43 am »

"That's it. We're havin' a talk outside." She punctuated this by hauling back on the garment in her fist, attempting to physically drag the stalker out of the building.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: September 12, 2022, 01:32:02 pm »

"I don't know much about her, which is part of why she's a candidate for the Yagami theory. She moved here a couple months after Yagami retired, she avoids music clubs like the plague despite the fact that she's a decent singer, she has few close friends, no social media presence, and her place of residence is unknown. Only thing that really sets her apart from Koga and Fujimura is her love of technology." Mori replied, "If we don't want to freak her out by bringing up the reason we're here off the bat, I'd suggest we ask about some of the equipment for the play, since we kind of need to go over that anyway and Veep is here so he can get the info he needs."
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: September 12, 2022, 06:41:41 pm »

Street Group (Mildred, Akihiko, Shiro, Jin)
There is a phenomenon, where animals can sense danger long before humans, and flee forests ahead of the danger. A reliable way to stay out of danger is to follow the animals and to stay out of areas where animals are absent. Some theorise it is because of the enhanced senses of animals, others because they are used to being around the forest.

Other times, in days before she became a Kaijin, Shiro would never have gotten such a feeling. As a Kaijin, the feeling of impending danger would be even less likely to be an issue for Shiro; after all, even untransformed, a Kaijin possesses natural strength beyond human limits.

Now, as she grabs the garment in her hands, she realises, very quickly, that there is something very wrong here.

Kitakawa doesn't even flinch as she grabs him. He doesn't even budge. Normally, despite not being the largest person around, Shiro would be able to haul someone Kitakawa's size and apparent fitness away. She knew; she'd done so many times.

But that feeling of wrong was very strong indeed.

"No gain without sacrifice! Hahahaa! Why would I want to go outside with you? I don't have time to waste, talking to some peasant that doesn't understand Fuu-chan like I do!"

Popular Group (Aika, Mori)
Kanade processes the information.

"I see. You know slightly more than I do then. I'd go with that approach. You lead. If Futaba is Yagami, I haven't spoken to her for a long while."

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: September 12, 2022, 07:32:52 pm »

"Very well."

When they got to the Computer Room, Mori closed his eyes, willing the air around him to become more calming and casual, a bit difficult given who he was with, and put his awareness into overdrive, before knocking.

"Hey, it's the theatre club presidents. We were hoping to talk to you about some of the equipment we'll be using for the play, is now a good time?" he asked through the door, "I think Veep's already here?"
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1011 on: September 12, 2022, 07:42:50 pm »

Shirō wavered. This was so immensely wrong-feeling, this man suddenly the second most unnerving thing she'd ever encountered. Her grip loosened, the gang leader faltering.

But only for a moment.

"Peasant!?" Akari Shirō was many things; student, heiress, delinquent, criminal, but never a coward. "This town belongs to me!" She put her entire weight into a punch, releasing his shirt only for her fist to come crashing back in toward his gut.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: September 13, 2022, 04:03:26 am »

That wrong feeling continues to intensify as Shiro’s fist makes contact with Kitakawa’s gut….and barely even moves him. She knew, objectively, a punch like that should send even someone like Akutagawa or Kasuga sprawling, let alone someone like Kitakawa.

No doubt about it now. Kitakawa….was a demon.

He flashes a grin, his mouth growing a little too wide, a little too many teeth exposed.

"My turn. Relish what's yours, Jack the Ripper!"

He begins to double over on himself, his body beginning to writhe and warp. Shiro knew what a Kaijin transformation was supposed to look like; sleek, elegant, bright and painless, like slipping into clothes you’d been wearing all your life.

As Kitakawa’s body warps out of shape, this feels more like an Akuma transforming….but Akuma can’t transform back into human form naturally. Right?

His body’s extremities lengthen, his skin turning a deep crimson, as dark, tattered clothing enshrouds his now emaciated, too-long form. His face disappears behind a bone-white facade twisted into a permanent rictus, and a knife appears in his now bony hand as a tattered, torn top hat whirls into existence atop his head.

The final form of Kitakawa - or Jack the Ripper - towered over Shiro almost twice over, having to bend to fit within the shop. Shiro can hear people fleeing the store; out of the corner of her eye, she can see the cashier fleeing, phone out and tapping in what she assumes is an emergency number.

She can’t get a hold of his aura; he feels, simultaneously, like a Kaijin and an Akuma, almost as if he were both at once, both full and half-demon.

"Oh, this feels so great, being able to stretch my legs. Don’t you agree?"
…..
As Sugiura and Mildred head towards Mishima Entertainment, they see the customers beginning to flee. At that, Sugiura stands at full attention.

”Seems like Akari found Kitakawa. Shall we help her?."

Mori finds no sign of Veep, but sees Futaba quietly working away at her computer. She looks up, tilting her head.

"Sawatari? Mishima? I wasn’t expecting either of you two until next week. I have some time now. What’s up?."
« Last Edit: September 13, 2022, 04:06:23 am by IamanElfCollaborator »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: September 13, 2022, 09:56:32 am »

"This feels wrong. Let's hurry."

Mildred started sprinting, pushing her way through the crowd. Once she got a foot in the door and saw Shiro facing what was undeniably not human, she immediately transformed.

"What's going on here?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: September 13, 2022, 01:01:36 pm »

"I have nothing to do today and, I ended up running into Mishima, so I figured it was as good a time as any to try to work out any issues that the equipment might have. Do you mind coming with us to the theatre room?"

He also sent a text to Veep.
Hey, where are you? We're in the computer room now and probably heading up to the Theatre Room soon.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1015 on: September 13, 2022, 04:31:08 pm »

Shiro hesitated for a moment. The fearful apparition before her wasn't entirely absent, but she didn't need people looking into her personal life - and transforming in public wasn't exactly going to stop that. Still, she'd promised to beat the shit out of someone.

Akari Shiro disappeared in a flash of yellow light.

"I do. Now I don't have to hold back!" Knowing she was likely still outmatched, Pyrrha swung her blade across the creature's gut, aiming to at least score a hit before it put her down.
GM of Trespassers V2.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: September 13, 2022, 06:09:00 pm »

Pyrrha's blade catches upon Jack's knife - a long, spindly piece of metal, looking shabbier and flimsier than Pyrrha's blade, but still dangerous, still sharp. He groans in pleasure; despite his flimsy, too-bony frame, some wiry strength still lets him hold Shiro back.

"Augh....you're not like me, are you? You didn't let him in, did you?"

He shoves Shiro back, before letting out a laugh.

"After that Kumon bitch had the nerve to lay her hands on me, Jack here paid me a visit. He promised me the power to take what I liked. To enjoy the pureness of idols and take a treasure that only a true fan could appreciate. I couldn't help myself. It felt good to let it all in.

Only a true fan....can relish everything of the best idols."

It is at this moment that Mildred and Sugiura arrive, Jack's eye suddenly on them.

"More of you who didn't let them in."
His voice suddenly twists, turning demonic for a brief moment.
"Stay out of this!"

He suddenly hurls a flurry of knives at Mildred and Sugiura, only for blue flames to suddenly erupt from the ground, disintegrating the knives with ease. When Mildred looks behind her, she finds Abe no Seimei in Sugiura's place, a haze over the area where they'd come from.

"I have an illusion set up on the shop. Only other Kaijin can see through it. It should keep non-Kaijin out."

He positions himself to fight, the three of them forming a semi-circle facing Jack the Ripper.
"What the hell is he? I've....never seen a Kaijin like that. Are you sure that's a Kaijin? It's like he's an Akuma...."

The feeling, you realise, is familiar. A similar kind of aura, albeit far more muted, was coming off that mysterious masked Kaijin, the one that antagonised Kazami and fought the party before running away.

Then comes the reply.
"Kurenai-sensei needed to talk to me and a few others. I'll join you later."

"Uh....sure? Are you sure you need me now or can we not talk here or...."
« Last Edit: September 13, 2022, 06:54:29 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: September 13, 2022, 06:47:19 pm »

"I just figured since all the equipment was in the theatre room or the closet by it that would be a good place to talk," Mori replied, "but you know more about it than I do so..."

He took a seat.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: September 14, 2022, 12:20:36 am »

"He's some kind of weird thing. Well, it doesn't matter. Akuma, Kaijin, all I need to know is you're a criminal at best and I'm going to show you what we do to people like you in these parts."

She threw a burst of wind forward, more to test Jack's mettle than to severely damage him.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: September 14, 2022, 04:15:30 pm »

A green-tinted wind slams through the shop, throwing aside shelves as Mildred hurls forth a gust of wind at Jack, only to find it to fizzle out entirely. Before Jack can retort, however, Abe extends their hand, and a burst of iridescent spheres, colors almost too garish for the human - or half-demon - eye, slam into Jack, throwing them into the counter at the back.

"Immune to wind....but weak to psychic attacks. Looks like you're in luck, Mad Dog. You'll have to use your fists to beat this creep's face in."

Kitakawa wrenches themselves from the ruins of the counter, letting out a loud laugh as he shakes his head, clearly slightly stunned by the psychic assault.
"Ohoho...that's the good stuff. But....anything is worth it for Fuu-chan. I can't be bothered to explain it to such plebeians who will never understand my love!"

"Well, the equipment we were going to lend to you is being used by a different club - the Light Music Club, actually -, so that's why I was gonna wait until next week..."
Futaba's eyes flit between Mori and Kanade.
"I can sense you're not actually here to talk about the play, though. What is it? If it's about Sakurajima and Miyazono, I don't know anything. I mean, I do, Sakurajima's a friend, but....I don't know anything else."
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 85