Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 85

Author Topic: FEF: Demon Soul Saga IC Thread: Chapter 3: Hunt for the Eighth God  (Read 70222 times)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Demon Soul Saga IC Thread: Chapter 2: White Fields / Temple Garden
« Reply #825 on: July 01, 2022, 09:58:25 am »

Yui
Eisuke mulls over her words for a few moments.

At long last, he sinks to the floor, prostrating himself before Yui.
"I....want to make amends, Aiuchi. I know that words will not be enough, but I have to start somewhere."
"I was a coward. This....world of the popular. It isn't for the faint-hearted. The things I would do that would keep me up there were cowardly. That is why I did what I did. The kind of people I used to be surrounded by were bastards. That is all you need to know."
"But....then Kasuga. That....person."

Eisuke bitterly laughs, head sstill facing the ground.

"Some new guy comes in thinking he's hot shit, jumps in like some hero, and protects you. Not even afraid of what would happen to him for doing the right thing like a dumbass. Like he's some hero from an anime."
"Sitting in that hospital after he and Honda roughed us up got me thinking. What kind of guy has that kind of balls? At first, I thought he was an idiot. A bastard for ruining it all. But then I realised."
"Guy like him....he had more balls than all of us combined. And he was doing somethin' with 'em. Here I was, strutting around thinkin' I was better. And then that guy wipes the floor with me. A guy like him has conviction. And folks only have conviction like that when they know in their hearts they're doing the right thing. I've never known what that was like. Never felt like I knew strength until I saw him and Honda."
"So I figured I'd....try doing right. Told Kaneko to go to hell for what he did. Then...I came to talk to you."

Shiro
Jin waves it off.
"Shit happens, man. Don't worry about it. Here, have some yakiniku on me. My treat."
He shrugs.
"Sometimes you just gotta punch a guy. No hard feelings. So, you doin' alright?"

Mildred
Tsukasa thinks carefully.
"Walk me home, then. The streets around here are pretty quiet. We should be able to talk in private."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: July 01, 2022, 10:07:15 am »

"You got it. I'd offer you a ride, but my bike's at the garage."

Mildred put her hands in her jacket pockets and fell into step beside Tsukasa, waiting until they were a little away from the hospital to speak.

"She must mean a lot to you. So... how did you and Majima meet?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: July 01, 2022, 11:45:02 am »

Misa
As Misa wanders about, she might run into Mori, in front of the Kendo Club room.

Misa seems to almost jump when she runs into Mori, even though she's the one who was looking for him. "Ah, Sawatari." She says with an awkward air after a half-frozen moment. "I wanted to... After the recent events..."

Misa pauses and sighs to herself. "Sawatari, are you doing ok?"
« Last Edit: July 02, 2022, 05:24:01 pm by Happerry »
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #828 on: July 01, 2022, 12:24:17 pm »

"Alright enough. Just tired of smug bastards who think they've got everyone under their control. Way too many of 'em in my life." Shiro let out a small sigh. "At least I did get to deck him. He got off easy, but I did."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: July 02, 2022, 04:12:31 am »

Shiro
Jin snorts.
"Little guys like that are the ones who've got the least control over everything. If you really got power, it shows. My older cousin taught me that."

Two plates of exquisitely grilled meat are placed in front of Shiro and Jin, and Jin, after muttering a quick Arigato, chows down on one piece.

"Kid's not well, either. Probably. Ain't seen anyone's Kaijin shut down like that in the middle of a fight. Kasuga's got his work cut out for him."

Mildred
"It's fine. About the ride, I mean."

When Mildred asks him about Yui, Tsukasa looks deep in thought. When he speaks again, he sounds almost wistful.

"That dumbass forgot her diary in the waiting room at the hospital when I was waiting to get a prescription for antibiotics. Returned it to her at school. She spouted some nonsense about me being the kind of guy she wanted to hang around, since I wasn't going to give her a hard time about her illness."
"A day later, she dragged me out for yakiniku. Stupid....I should've invited her out first."
« Last Edit: July 02, 2022, 04:21:35 am by IamanElfCollaborator »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: July 02, 2022, 04:34:21 am »

Mildred laughed quietly.

"Us girls can be pretty subtle when we want to drop hints. She probably left that diary there on purpose when she saw you."

"Good on you for not being stuck on it being the guy who has to ask the girl out, though. I bet she was happy about that."

She looked over at Tsukasa.

"About what's going on with her now... is that 'cause of her illness, or is it related to... all the other mess?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: July 02, 2022, 04:53:52 am »

Tsukasa lets out a mild snort.
"Mishima said the exact same thing about hints. She and Majima were close too. Best friends."

Tsukasa closes his eyes when Mildred asks him to recount what happened to Yui. Even a year later, it still seems to hurt. That whoever the mysterious Kaijin was kept jabbing that button doesn't seem to have helped.

"She got better before....it happened. Came to meet me at a cafe we used to eat at. We made plans to head out to Hokkaido, after the school year ended."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: July 02, 2022, 05:30:36 am »

Mildred said nothing, merely walked alongside and waited to give him time to either work it out or change the subject.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: July 02, 2022, 11:54:39 am »

Mori glanced over at Misa. For a moment he considered coming up with some story about him feeling better to make her leave, or simply ignoring her. Eventually, he decided to just be honest.

"Obviously the answer is no." he replied "And you care because?"
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: July 02, 2022, 05:30:02 pm »

"We don't know each other enough to be friends." Misa tells Mori. "But I don't want you dead. And after that last... thing..." She shakes her head. "I don't expect I can do much, but I wanted to ask if I could be of assistance anyway."
« Last Edit: July 02, 2022, 05:33:11 pm by Happerry »
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
  • Mage Lord in a Lonely Storm
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: July 02, 2022, 06:05:46 pm »

"Hmmm... The world of those who aren't popular. It's not for the faint-hearted either."
"Difference being that no one asked for being put into that world."
"... But that's then, now is now. I'm not quite there yet, but I'm learning to be at peace with my surroundings. And with myself. By the sound of it, it seems like you're beginning that journey for yourself now."
"It will be hard, that much I can say. Especially since you're now making enemies out of your old friends, where I have been blessed, in a twisted sense, to not have had friends in the first place to turn into foes."

Yui looked at the floor for a moment.

"Well... ... I know it'll take a lot from you considering the circumstances, and considering they're there, you might feel like you are the last person to be welcome here, but..."
"... the Helper's Club is there for you if you need it. And as long as you being sorry is genuine, I will vouch for you."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #836 on: July 03, 2022, 07:38:32 am »

Shiro took a moment to sample her chicken. Evidently it was to her liking, judging by the size of the next chunk she ate.
"Just gets under my skin. You do what you want to do and they act like they're geniuses for 'manipulating' you into doin' it. Then you've got people who are just like that, 'cept they do have power. Can't stand any of it."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: July 03, 2022, 12:08:45 pm »

Mori's glance turned into a good, long look. Miyashita Misa... he had a file on her, of course. Child of an extremely wealthy family, the type where the children were expected to compete with one another to become heir, his least favorite that wasn't the Mishimas. Her father was... unfavorable to her mother's family, which had caused her hardship at home. From his own observations, he'd seen her cope by locking herself away with children's stories. Now, here she was stepping out of her shell and attempting to socialize, finally breaking out of the reclusion her upbringing had forced her into, and she was offering to help him with his issues?

He was not so cruel as to force the weight of his demons onto the shoulders of a girl who had her own.

"You are correct, there is little to nothing that you can do." Mori replied, "If the issue lies with the demon inside my mind, then it's a kaijin matter none of us are yet equipped to deal with, and I've already made plans to attempt to acquire help from Scathach tonight. If the matter is internal... you don't need any part of that."

He turned and began to walk away.

"You were also correct in your other statement: We are not friends." he continued "For your own sake, I would recommend that you do not make any attempts to change that. Emotional investment in my wellbeing does nothing for people besides causing them further pain."
« Last Edit: July 03, 2022, 12:12:00 pm by Smoke Mirrors »
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: July 03, 2022, 02:27:22 pm »

Shiro
"Yeah. Sometimes all you can do is grin and bear it, huh? It's why I run the way I do. Nobody tells Akutagawa Jin what to do. And I....well, it's a kind of power to help people out, isn't it?"

Mildred
After a few moments, possibly lost in thought, Tsukasa speaks again.

"Why are you taking interest in Majima all of the sudden? You don't seem like the type to care about someone's love life. Let alone someone you barely know."

Yui
Eisuke just stares at Yui for a few moments.
"To ask Kasuga for help....heh. A guy like him....his conviction, his strength....I'd never hear the end of it."
"I gotta figure this out myself."
"I hope you find whatever peace you're looking for, Aiuchi. Because I know I ain't finding mine for a while."

Mori
Meanwhile, Mori receives a text from Veep. It seems his request for research into Sugiura and Fujimura has returned and....there's not much he CAN find.

Fujimura is a transfer student from Sendai. Pretty plain history. Not much there. However, she has no social media to speak of; no Facebook, no LINE, no Twitter, nothing. The only person who seems to know much about her is Akutagawa, who has been seen around her and is rumoured to be dating her. Probably not the best idea to ask Akutagawa, however, given that he runs in the same circles as Akari, who just punched you in the face.

As for Sugiura, it's the opposite. He's all over the social media space, but all of it started only three or four years ago, and he seems to have exactly the amount of friends you'd expect from someone as popular as him. He's a transfer student from Tokyo but seems to have lived an entirely ordinary life before. Like Fujimura, you can't get anything on him from before he entered Amamiya.

Clean, but too clean. So far, a bust.

For records on students beyond that, you'd need access to school records, to get the information the school would probably know but would be kept off something so public as a social media page. The only two you know who have that kind of access are Mamiya Kaname (your sworn rival in the information business at Amamiya) and....

....Akihiko Kasuga, the former newspaper club member with a penchant for dangerous stories and investigative shenanigans.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: July 04, 2022, 12:56:55 am »

"Why are you taking interest in Majima all of the sudden? You don't seem like the type to care about someone's love life. Let alone someone you barely know."

"Well, it's true that I ain't angling for that kind of gossip. Just thought I'd give you a chance to get it out if you wanted. As for me, I want to understand more of this Kaijin thing, like what the deal with that prick earlier is, what we're capable of, what we're up against, that kind of thing."

Mildred turned her upper body slightly as she walked to face more toward Tsukasa.

"Seems like a lot of those at Hermelin see it as a burden at best and a curse at worst but to me... ain't this a good thing? I always thought I was fighting to do the right thing, you know, putting punks in their place before they really screwed up and keeping people who aren't as strong as me or are worried about how people look at 'em safe, but isn't this just that on a bigger scale? Akuma are straight up evil, and saving them from themselves, let alone protecting innocent bystanders... that's justice if you ask me. Real hero shit."

She turned back to face forward.

"You and Akutagawa are like me in that respect, aren't you?"
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 85