Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 85

Author Topic: FEF: Demon Soul Saga IC Thread: Chapter 3: Hunt for the Eighth God  (Read 70093 times)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Demon Soul Saga IC Thread: Chapter 1: Bright Moonfall
« Reply #90 on: November 28, 2021, 06:08:43 pm »

"Huh? Kyaa!"

Saya yelps as she is suddenly picked up and carried through the halls.
"P-Put me down!"

It's not long before Saya's squeal of surprise attracts Akihiko, who seems to be stufing his phone back into his pocket.
"What the....Honda, what are you doing?!"

Chiyo nods.
"It's good you know. I....am not sure I know where it is."
"You're a student at Hermelin, right?"

Rise nods calmly.
"And neither do I. I suppose we might just get along. For...slightly more casual talk...do you attend any clubs? I don't think I've ever seen your name on any club registers."

The specter or demon or whatever it is appears in Shiro's vision again, this time exiting the rooftop and heading down the stairs. Again, any movement from Shiro makes it vanish into thin air.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #91 on: November 28, 2021, 07:03:24 pm »

"I've got. . . other things to do after school. So no, I'm not."
Then the. . . thing, again.
"What the hell. . . ?" Shiro sighed. She was probably going crazy, but she had to figure out what on earth was going on here if she wasn't.
"Rise, Tadano, I hate to do this right now, but I gotta check something out." Unsettled as she was, she was letting a bit of her "refined heiress" act slip. "I'll be right back, probably," she said as she stood up, fast-walking to the stairwell in an attempt to catch sight of the thing again.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 28, 2021, 09:58:50 pm »

Chiyo nods.
"It's good you know. I....am not sure I know where it is."
"You're a student at Hermelin, right?"
"Yes I am. I don't recognize your uniform though?." Misa asks.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 29, 2021, 02:29:15 am »

"P-Put me down!"

"You'll be fine! I'm not going to dump you out a window or anything. Just enjoy the ride and try to relax that head of yours."

"What the....Honda, what are you doing?!"

"Your friend here had a migraine so I'm taking her to the nurse's office. Looked pretty painful so I figured I'd carry her instead of wasting time tracking you down so you could help her get there. Friend of yours is a friend of mine and all that."

After a second of standing around, Mildred had the grace to chuckle a bit self-consciously.

"Although I, uh... I forgot exactly where the nurse's office is, actually. Mind leading the way?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 29, 2021, 05:53:49 am »

Ayaka takes one look at the gaggle of people, then back at Aika.
"If you would allow me. I understand the feeling."

She strolls past Aika and Naoki, before, in her loudest voice....

"I THINK I SAW MISHIMA KANADE OUTSIDE!"
Almost immediately, the vast majority of the crowd hounding Kaede dissipates, sprinting towards the window. Aika, of course, was a big name, but Kanade Mishima was about as famous locally. After all, she was the heiress of the man who had revived the city. Ayaka smiles lightly at Aika.

"That should buy you some time."

Suddenly, a cold, painful sensation shoots through the back of Aika's neck.

"It would seem so~!"

Kaede was left blinking in the background, largely on her own as the crowd all bolted off.  Though given she shrugged and sat down moments later to focus on the remainder of her snacks, she didn't seem to mind overmuch.

"Thanks, Fujimura-senpai.  I'll have to remember that trick for- Mph!"

Aika visibly winced, a pained little noise escaping her as her hand went once more to the back of her neck.  Naoki gave her a look of concern, to which Aika responded with a weak smile and a reassuring wave to both her friend and the Tennis Club manager. 

"Aika... Are you okay?"

"Eheh... I might have been pushing myself a bit much, lately.  I think I may have strained my neck a bit..."

Naoki looked a bit dubious.  "If you pulled something bad and try to power through again..."

"I'm fine, I'm fine~!  Just a bit of a shock, is all.  It's nothing to worry about."

Saying that, she continued to rub the back of her neck, even as her smile attempted to play things off.  Naoki didn't look any less concerned.

"Sorry about that, Fujimura-senpai."

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
  • Mage Lord in a Lonely Storm
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 29, 2021, 08:59:43 am »

"Nothing there."
"I can't find anything out of the ordinary either. Is everything okay, Yui-chan?"

Yui slowly turned around to her friends, lightly nodding.

"Well, it... It's probably nothing. If it happens again, I'll go to the infirmary."
"Maybe it'll happen again when you look at Sasanuma again~"
"H-hey! That's not funny!"
"Yeah, just let her be for now, Mino-chan."
"Kidding, kidding~"

The three continued their path, the envelope tucked away in Yui's bag for now.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 29, 2021, 01:11:09 pm »

As soon as Akihiko shows up, Saya winces again.
"Oh! Hey, Aki-kun. Honda here was just...ahh..."

She winces again, rubbing the spot in the back of her neck where she'd felt that pain; where all of them had felt the pain. A worried, concerned look suddenly crossed her eyes.

Mildred and Akihiko realise, in that moment, that something has gone horribly, horribly wrong.

She stared, a look of pure fear in her eyes, at Akihiko.
"Aki-kun...what's happening to me?"

A single moment passes.

Shiro rounds the doorway, looking for whatever it was that was in her vision, and....nothing. Nobody. Whatever was in her field of vision had disappeared again.

Along with all of the sound in the school. No more students talking, no more cheering, no more distant cars. The entire school was filled with a faint, bluish light and a light fog, as if in the dead of night under the light of a full moon. It had shifted between moments, seamlessly, like Shiro had been looking at a normal school one moment, and somewhere else the next.

If Shiro were to look behind her, Rise and Touma have disappeared. The sky, rather than the light blue with nary a cloud it had been before, was a sickly blue, a too-bright yellow moon lighting up the sky. The city has disappeared, enshrouded by a thick fog.

Aika finds her words fall on deaf ears. Or no ears, really.

The cafeteria is empty, her friends and Ayaka have disappeared. A faint bluish light shines through the windows, a wispy mist filling the air. Not a sign of anyone, except a few distant footsteps.

Aika was alone in the cafeteria.

The same fate befalls Yui, Mori, Shoji and Masaru. One moment, they are surrounded by students, the next, the school is abandoned. Yui is fortunate; her path takes her to the entrance to the cafeteria, where she encounters Aika standing alone. Like all the others, they see the same thing; the school is lit up in a ghostly blue, a mist permeating the entire place, a too-bright moon shining outside.

While Veep has disappeared, Mori manages to run into Shoji, also dragged into this strange otherworld.

Masaru is less fortunate than Yui, Aika, Mori or Shoji; Masaru was now alone in the classroom.

Misa, too, finds herself plunged into this mysterious world as she and Chiyo head to the nurse's office. One moment, Chiyo was explaining to her something.
"Uniform? Ah...yes. That....you wear that at school, right. Uh, well, I-"

The next, the world turned blue, the fog filled her vision, and every other student and teacher in Hermelin had disappeared. A few distant footsteps could be heard, a distant sobbing....
...and yet remained Chiyo, a clear look of concern on her face.
"...oh no."

Mildred and Akihiko look around, finding themselves in the same situation.

And no Saya. Mildred doesn't realise when the weight had disappeared from her arms; Saya was here one moment, and the next, she wasn't.

Akihiko's blood froze.
"....Honda. What...Saya was just here a moment ago. Where's Saya? Honda, where is she?!"

A distant sobbing can be heard, coming from the front of the school. Akihiko looked to Mildred.
"....that's Saya. Honda...we have to get to her. But...where's everyone? What happened? Wasn't it daytime just now?"

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #97 on: November 29, 2021, 01:19:30 pm »

". . . the hell!?" She glanced backward, and her two impromptu companions were gone. "Tadano? Rise?" She raised her voice. "I swear, if this is some kind of prank, you'll regret fucking around with me." The hair on the back of her neck was on full alert, along with the rest of her body. She looked around the rooftop once more - to no avail - then turned to sprint down the stairs, searching for. . . well, everyone.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 29, 2021, 01:26:55 pm »

Shit Mori thought. ”Shit!”

His brain went into overdrive. People disappearing, the world flooded by mist, the sky being…

”Shit!”

He’d heard about this, read about this online. There was an Akuma in the school, and he was trapped with it.

His brain quickly ran through a mess of panicked thoughts. He was going to die here. Everything he’d done was going to fail before it had a chance to come to fruition. He was never going to see his family again. Shoji was- wait, Shoji was here too.

The panicked thoughts fled to the background, pushed aside by a realization. There were other people trapped here. Others who didn’t know what was happening, who might be alone, who might stumble into the way of danger and die without knowing why. Suddenly, fear of death was shoved off center stage in his mind, replaced by something else.

”Shizuko, listen to me very carefully,” Mori ordered, ”we need to search the school, find if anyone else is trapped here, and try to get together to get a way out. In the process, you will follow any order I give you. If I tell you to run, you will. If I tell you to hide, you will. If I tell you to leave me behind, you will. Understand?
« Last Edit: November 29, 2021, 01:29:33 pm by Smoke Mirrors »
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 29, 2021, 01:37:16 pm »

Having stopped to lean on a wall to catch her breath, Shoji's eyes were closed when what could be called a 'shift' occurred. One moment, she was surrounded by other students going about their day, and the next, she was alone. Gone was the comfortable daylight, and in it's place was a light blue fog, covering the halls and

"W-What the...? H-Hello? Is anyone there?" the young girl called out, stepping away from the wall as she looked around, her mind in a complete panic. Thankfully, she would find herself not completely alone when Mori came around the corner. Ignoring the fact that she had just been running away from him not a few minutes ago, Shoji was almost relieved to see a familiar face, even as he started to come closer to her,

"S-Sawatari-san? Where-" Shoji began, only to be cut off mid sentence as Mori spoke, finding just enough strength in her to rapidly nod in understanding. She was terrified, and she could see that Mori was also... Well, scared might not have been the right word, but unnerved. Still, he might know what to do in this situation.

... It's not like she knew any better.
Just some nerd who thinks they're a half decent writer.
FEF: Marks of Royalty links:
OOC
IC

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 29, 2021, 01:47:20 pm »

”Good, then stay behind me,” Mori ordered as he began to walk forwards through the halls, ”If you see someone, don’t call out to them, unless you’ve made sure it’s a person. If something attacks us, don’t wait for me, just run. If you see anything that doesn’t look hostile, tap me on the shoulder and let me know. Now, come on.”
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 29, 2021, 01:53:50 pm »

Shiro's threat echoes throughout the school's corridors. Of course, if there are any pranksters to hear it, they don't respond. As Shiro makes her way down, she finds....nothing. No sign students disappeared mid-stride; no lunches abandoned, no books or bags scattered on the floor, no coffee mugs belonging to teachers with lukewarm coffee still inside. Nothing.

The footsteps can still be heard. She's not alone.

The distant sounds of profanity reach Mori and Shoji. At the very least, they're not alone.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 29, 2021, 01:55:20 pm »

"This isn't good. I've heard some of my friends gossip about this kind of thing; usually happens right before an Akuma attack."

"Well, I ain't running. Let's go find Saya and get her somewhere safe."

Mildred grabbed the nearest object - a rather hefty-looking bookbag - and gave it a quick lift to check the weight. Satisfied it would do some damage, she nodded to Akihiko.

"Lead the way. I'll be right behind you."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #103 on: November 29, 2021, 01:56:38 pm »

Shiro rolled up her sleeves and cracked her knuckles. Whatever the hell was going on, she wasn't about to take it lying down.
"The hell is this? Where is everyone?" She headed toward the other footsteps, her own heavy and deliberate, almost as if they belonged to someone twice her size.
GM of Trespassers V2.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 29, 2021, 01:58:35 pm »

Mori turned towards Shoji and put his finger on his lips. Quietly he moved forward. The cussing suggested that whoever it was was a person, rather than some monster, but he wasn’t going to take the chance. With so much about Akumas being unknown, for all he knew the monsters they create could talk.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 85