Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 85

Author Topic: FEF: Demon Soul Saga IC Thread: Chapter 3: Hunt for the Eighth God  (Read 70181 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Demon Soul Saga IC Thread: Chapter 3: Hunt for the Eighth God
« Reply #960 on: September 05, 2022, 12:19:18 pm »

"Sounds like a plan. We pin him in on both sides so he can't get away and then ask him a few questions."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: September 05, 2022, 06:24:35 pm »

Street Group (Mildred, Akihiko, Shiro, Jin)
"Sounds good. I'll take the direct approach. You guys go in from the sides."

As the group approaches the hooded figure, the figure doesn't really seem to notice them moving towards them. Akihiko, however, seems to slow, as if he clocks something.

He extends his hand towards the figure, before quickly darting back, as the figure whips out a taser from their pocket, swiping it into where Akihiko's gut would have been a second prior. If Akihiko were still a normal human being, he might have been struck.

Instead, he is just fast enough to grab the hand and slam it into a nearby post, knocking the taser to the ground. He pushes it to the side.
"Honda, keep that thing away!"

The hooded figure tries to struggle out, but Akihiko shoulder-checks them into the ground, pinning their hand behind their back as their hood falls off...

...revealing a red-headed woman, probably only in her early twenties. While you don't know what Mitsuru Kitakawa looks like, you probably figure that this isn't them. For one, she's the wrong gender. For two, the contents of her pockets spill out as Akihiko pins her to the ground; aside from the taser, her wallet, some yen coins, and an identification card belonging to a "Nene Shinomiya" of the Lanaris Talent Agency, with her picture on it, have spilled out.
"Alright, what gives with the taser and who the hell are you?!"
"Let go of me, crazy bastard! I won't let you hurt Yagami, Kitakawa! She's like a sister to me!"
"Kitakawa? We're after him too!"
"Yeah? Prove it! Prove you aren't Kitakawa!"
« Last Edit: September 05, 2022, 06:27:55 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: September 05, 2022, 09:11:51 pm »

"Ok, second question then. Do we think Kitakawa would be able to identify which girl is Yagami if he managed to find her, or similarly which ones aren't?" Mori asked, "Also, is there anything you want me to do in regards to Futuba besides... well, essentially stalk her myself and make a phone call if there's trouble? I'm not exactly going to be much use against a potential assailant."
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: September 06, 2022, 12:02:54 am »

"Easy. Kitakawa is a fuckin' idol-stalking loser, unlike my buddies here, and I don't think he goes to Hermelin - also unlike us. This here is Kasuga, she's Shiro, and I'm Honda."

"Also you're real lucky that you ain't Kitakawa either, 'cause if you were, the only introduction you'd be getting is to the steel toes of my boots."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #964 on: September 06, 2022, 04:49:14 am »

Shiro gathered up the wayward miscellany, briefly looking at the wallet before glancing at Akihiko and shaking her head.

"Do I look like an idol fan to you? We're just here to rough up this asshole, Shinomiya. If you don't have a problem with that then you should calm the hell down."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: September 06, 2022, 07:38:12 pm »

After seeing Shiro and Mildred approach, and hearing Shiro speak, Akihiko relinquishes Nene from his hold.

She pulls herself to her feet, shaking her head at Akihiko.
"...you could've just asked."
"You tried to tase me, lady! Who the hell even are you? Akari called you Shinomiya, is that your name?"

At that, Shinomiya looks a little sheepish.
"I'm sorry about that. I thought you were Kitakawa. You kinda looked like him from the side. I didn't want to take the chance that you were, and you were on to me chasing you."

She sighs.
"I'm Shinomiya Nene, like your friend said. I work for Yagami's old agency as a producer. Well, used to work on the technical side, before I decided I wanted to support the talent directly."
"How do you know Yagami?"
"Yagami and I are from the same town, Iwatodai. You wouldn't know it. Small town. We didn't know each other back home, but I took her under my wing when she was in Afternoon. She's kind of like a little sister to me. We kept in touch after she gradua-retired. Sorry. I know you're not looking for idol doubletalk."
"Iwatodai...that's the one with the river and the really nice summer festival? I've been there before, as a kid, seven years ago, with a friend of mine."
"Well, maybe I'll go back once I'm sure Kitakawa won't hurt Yagami. Haven't been back for a while, and I need a break from the city. After all this crap...."

Nene looks over at the others.
"Since we're all looking for the same guy, I might as well tell you what I know. He's big, wide. Like....twice....Kasuga, was it? Kasuga's width, maybe a little taller? White shirt, he had a grey jacket on but I saw him buy a red one at the shopping center, maybe he figured I was onto him. Glasses kinda like Kasuga's, too, and his hair was messy. Greasy, brown."
"A friend of ours said he might be around here. Did you see where?"
"I lost him when he ducked into the shops nearby. I figured he might be waiting to leave."

Popular Group (Aika, Mori)
"I wouldn't put it past Kitakawa. He was able to track down a few idols from a different group called the Chili Peppers. The frontwoman from that group broke his leg after she found him threatening her unit mates, so he went to prison for a while. As for what you need to do? I need you to confirm if Futaba is Yagami, and if Futaba is Yagami, warn her. If Kitakawa has found her, do your best. Hopefully Kasuga and the others will have stopped him."
« Last Edit: September 06, 2022, 07:39:57 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: September 07, 2022, 07:38:09 pm »

Mildred turned to Akihiko.

"So our target looks like you from the side, huh? Want me to hit the shops and see if I can find him?"

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: September 08, 2022, 03:16:23 pm »

"Sounds like a plan. 'Sides, with Shinomiya here and Akutagawa on his way, we can cover more ground."
"Hm. He might've gone into one of those stores down this road."

There are four shops of particular interest. One is the Morinaga crafts store, selling metal crafts made by the local family of metalworkers. Two stores down, the local branch of Burger Lord looks busy. Opposite the Burger Lord, a Mishima Entertainment store is standing, with a standee of Kanade Mishima's character from Tomorrow With You advertising the upcoming movie for the series. And finally, three blocks, furthest down the road from the group, a quiet bookstore can be seen, with a figure in a red jacket heading inside.

"I'll take the bookstore."
« Last Edit: September 08, 2022, 04:01:31 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: September 08, 2022, 03:23:50 pm »

"I'll take the burger joint. I'll look the least out of place there."

It was hardly uncommon for young ruffians such as herself to frequent fast food places, at least.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #969 on: September 09, 2022, 11:10:24 am »

Shiro grimaces.

"And of course I get stuck with the damned Mishima store." Grumbling to herself, she stalks off down the road, trying to smooth her expression into one less likely to get kicked out.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: September 09, 2022, 12:17:56 pm »

"Hey, you could always take the craft store and leave the Mishima one to Shinomiya here. You do you though."

Mildred walked backwards for a moment while she spoke to Shiro, then turned and headed to the Burger Lord.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: September 09, 2022, 04:14:45 pm »

As Mildred makes her way into the Burger Lord, she finds, to her horror, a wild Sugiura enjoying a nice burger by the entrance. He waves at her with a grin.

"Well, well, if it isn't the Mad Dog of Mishima herself! Fancy running into you here today, huh?"

As Shiro makes her way into Mishima Entertainment, she finds....well, nobody. Rows and rows of new video games and newly released albums and movies. The newest Kamen Rider series' specials are being advertised; hardly of interest to Shiro, though Kasuga might have been interested.

As she looks around the store, she finds someone poring over a section of shelves with what appears to be generic idol albums, chief among them the Chili Peppers and Afternoon. A broad-framed, large man in a red jacket with brown hair and glasses seems to be scrutinising the albums, and sneering at the Chili Peppers. He is wearing a backpack, the sleeve of a grey jacket barely poking out from one of the pockets. Picking up one of the Chili Peppers albums, he glares at it, eyes focused on the red-headed woman at the front - Azusa Kumon, the frontman who'd broken his legs, you presume- before sneering at it, discarding it almost casually.

"....hmph. Who they'll let be idols nowadays....that Kumon bitch shouldn't sully the good name of such pure idols."
« Last Edit: September 09, 2022, 04:16:16 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: September 10, 2022, 12:27:07 am »

"Well, well, if it isn't the Mad Dog of Mishima herself! Fancy running into you here today, huh?"

"If it ain't the slimeball."

Mildred took the opposite seat in the booth, leaning against the window, one arm draped over the back of the booth, the other resting her elbow on the table. She finished by putting her heavy boots up on the table near his tray, her legs crossed at the ankle (though she was at least polite enough to aim the soles away from his food). She looked way too comfy.

"I'm here on business, so let's act like we're friends for a minute while I blend in. That is, if you'd let yourself be seen with a delinquent like me, and if a girl'd ever call you friend. So! What brings you to this part of town?"

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: September 10, 2022, 05:24:17 am »

Sugiura doesn't even seem bothered. He calmly continues eating his burger.

"My, you wound me. I imagine what brings me here....is much the same thing that brings you here."
"A certain rumour of a stalker."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: September 10, 2022, 11:56:51 am »

"Got it in one. I'm doing it as a favor to Kasuga; what's your motive?"
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 85