Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 85

Author Topic: FEF: Demon Soul Saga IC Thread: Chapter 3: Hunt for the Eighth God  (Read 70188 times)

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Demon Soul Saga IC Thread: Chapter 3: Hunt for the Eighth God
« Reply #945 on: August 17, 2022, 12:18:46 pm »

Interesting, but you can't act too interested. You have a reputation to uphold. Pour yourself some tea, make a light comment about your appearance, then ask about the situation.

"I’m going to Hell anyway, who do I need to save?" Mori said.

He paused.

"Shit." he thought, ”I said that out loud.”
« Last Edit: August 17, 2022, 12:43:09 pm by Smoke Mirrors »
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
  • Mage Lord in a Lonely Storm
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: August 17, 2022, 12:37:31 pm »

"There are a lot of rumors, but people are gonna come up with the weirdest and nastiest stuff for what is probably a simple reason."
"Although it always was a bit strange that she stopped the moment she hit the Budokan. Maybe that's all she wanted and she had the foresight to stop before the idol business would burn up her passion...?"

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #947 on: August 17, 2022, 01:04:09 pm »

"I'll see if I can't get the boys to dig something up, then."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: August 18, 2022, 09:35:30 am »

"Amamiya, huh? Ain't that your high school? I suppose I could go knock around over there and see what I can find out, but shit, I'm barely familiar with the grounds of Hermelin."

Mildred turned to Akihiko.

"What do you think, Kasuga? Any ideas for a plan?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: August 18, 2022, 03:27:26 pm »

Popular Group (Aika, Mori)
"Don't sell yourself so short, Sawatari. Knowing Kasuga, he'd pull you to safety. I hear you two are getting close."

"Mami-chan, I can't find the Earl Grey. You don't terribly mind if I grab the breakfast-"
The sound of Kanade Mishima's voice halts as the girl herself walks out from the kitchen.

"..."
"Sawatari."
Without a further acknowledgement, and with a neutral voice not betraying any feelings about their last interaction, Kanade walks towards Mamiya.

"You two, play nice. I need everyone I can get. Let's get down to it. You two know who Yagami Fuuka is, correct?"
"Yagami-senpai? Yeah, she and I have met. Why?"
"I need you two to find her."

Club Group (Saya, Riku, Yui, Misa)
Kaname nods.
"I don't want to get into details, but she quit because of a stalker. And that stalker has found her."
"Wait....what? A stalker?"
"I need you to find her and warn her before it's too late."

Street Group (Mildred, Akihiko, Shiro, Jin)
"Yeah. If I can find anything more, you guys will be the first to know."

Akihiko thinks carefully.
"....well, right now, we need to find the guy. Roughing him up in the middle of the day like that might be a terrible idea, but herding him off....well, might be better."

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: August 18, 2022, 05:45:01 pm »

"Well, that of course means the first matter is finding her." Mori replied, ignoring... her as he made his way to the kitchen. "Of course the top suspects are Ayaka Fujimura, Rise Koga, and Tomoe Futaba. Fujimura is an associate of Akutagawa Jin, as well as... what's his name? The blue-haired one who pretends to be mysterious because he's actually dreadfully boring?You know what? Doesn't matter. Akutagawa shouldn't be too hard to get in contact with and if he's informed that Fujimura is in danger he'd be willing to lend his support in protecting her and potentially having her admit to being Yagami, if that happens to be the case. Koga... I have a potential in with and she certainly seems level-headed enough that if she can be convinced she's in danger she won't protest to necessary protective maeasures."

As he'd been speaking, Mori had found tea bags and begun brewing two cups.

"Futaba is the hardest as I lack a prepared plan of attack, though I can have Veep begin attempting to contact her." He said, as he picked up the cups and started walking away from the counter, "Of course, you contacted Suzuki and... Mishima" he said the name with the utmost neutrality, "as they've already met Yagami and thus would be amongst the be-"

He broke off as he desperately tried to put the cups down on a nearby table as ashes and embers began spraying out of his throat again. He pressed his mouth against the inside of his elbow, causing it to burn a bit as the sparks burnt out against it. When he was done, he realized that some of the scalding tea had spilled on his hand.

"The best to identify Miss Yagami again, while I was brought on either given my people skills or the information I possess." he rubbed his hand against his hoodie and then resumed carrying the tea cups, "Now, assuming there are no particular comments to add to my statements, which I suspect there may be, this raises a rather pressing question."

He was already at the table when he realized that he'd never meant to brew more than one cup of tea. He breathed in the two teas. One was his, peppermint, the other...

"The matter of Yagami Fuuka has been a major mystery throughout the schools for a long time, so what exactly caused you to decide that it was important enough to call in myself to look into it?" he said, moving an end table to the window and setting down his cup and a small plate of cookies as he lounged in the windowsill. "You said this was a matter of life and death. Elaborate."

He ignored the cup of Earl Grey tea sitting on the table.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: August 18, 2022, 05:56:39 pm »

"As you know, the reason those three have those rumours about them is because they look like Yagami. I brought in Mishima for a reason."
"Yagami called me, the day after she graduated, to ask me how I dealt with stalkers. I....helped her."
"The nature of that help is not necessary to explain, but the fact is, the true reason Yagami retired as an idol is because of a persistent stalker by the name of Kitakawa Mitsuru. Don't worry about finding him; I asked Kasuga to handle that, I figured his skillset would be more of use for hunting a criminal than hunting his potential target."

Mamiya sips her tea.

"I've asked you three, and Akitsuki and the others at the Helper's Club, to find Yagami and warn her about Kitakawa. Kitakawa's been spotted here. I've already talked to the police and they said they'd handle it, but without Yagami herself making a report, they wouldn't take me seriously."

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: August 18, 2022, 06:21:24 pm »

"Ah, so I'm pretty much your last resort," Mori replied, "yes, that scans. Then I think contacting Akutagawa and informing him of the possible danger to Fujimura might be a reasonable course of action to take, I assume you have access to his phone number, while I inform Veep to try and find Futaba and keep an eye on her. That leaves Koga as the only target without a set of eyes on her... assuming I can't manage something."

He sent a quick text to Veep
We're finally looking into the Yagami situation, I need an eye on Futaba.
Followed by one to Akihiko
Hey... I think we need to have a chat about sharing information.

As he tried to figure out if he had the number of anyone on the student council, Demura hadn't been so kind as to share it, another thought came to mind.

Given this Kitakawa has recently resurfaced, do we know if he knows which of the girls is Yagami, or is this shell game blind to both of us?"

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: August 19, 2022, 10:07:54 am »

"Don't sell yourself so short, Sawatari. And don't worry about Fujimura or Koga. I've confirmed with Akutagawa myself that it isn't Fujimura, and I have Akitsuki's group handling Koga. That, means, of course, I need this group to handle Futaba. As for Kitakawa, considering that the last time he was spotted in the District was near Amamiya, I suspect he's just as blind as we are. This is why I have Kasuga and his friends working on finding him."
« Last Edit: September 01, 2022, 08:07:27 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #954 on: August 20, 2022, 07:57:21 pm »

"He sounds like a pushover. If he needs a laying out I'll give it to him, and if I need help I've got the boys. If you don't have anything else, then I'll head over to them and let them know what's up."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: September 01, 2022, 08:04:26 pm »

"Be my guest. Just, ah....be careful. We don't know what this guy's capable of, even if he is just some creep perving on idols."

She pauses.
"Actually, Akutagawa, do you mind hanging back a second? I need to talk to you."
Sure. You three go ahead. Save some fun for me though, 'kay?"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: September 01, 2022, 08:37:04 pm »

"Sure."

"I guess I don't really need one anymore, but I might still go grab a bat or a pipe or something for old time's sake. A guy can't stalk women without his fuckin' kneecaps, I know that much."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: September 04, 2022, 06:08:02 pm »

The group, minus Jin, heads off down the road to find their quarry.
A few streets away from Amamiya High, the group finds someone skulking around in a hoodie, standing by a street corner with their eye on students passing by. They seem suspicious.

"You figure that might be our guy, Honda, Akari?"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: September 05, 2022, 09:53:09 am »

"Maybe? We probably shouldn't start throwing hands at the first weirdo we see, but it couldn't hurt to check him out. What do you want me to do?"

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #959 on: September 05, 2022, 10:16:04 am »

"Dunno. I could shake him down and see if he's got weird stalker shit in his wallet, I guess."
GM of Trespassers V2.
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 85