Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 85

Author Topic: FEF: Demon Soul Saga IC Thread: Chapter 3: Hunt for the Eighth God  (Read 70202 times)

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Demon Soul Saga IC Thread: Chapter 2: White Fields / Temple Garden
« Reply #870 on: July 13, 2022, 07:16:59 pm »

Mori sighed.

Ok, I suppose I don’t have any leads for now. Just know that if you remember any recent interactions with suspicious people, or just people you don’t normally interact with, or anything else at all that may give a lead on who is doing this, I *need* you to tell me. Also, and this is more personal so it’s entirely at your discretion, please let me know any information regarding your recovery. I want to learn more about how magic healing works and what it can do.

He then remembered that this was a group chat.

Miyazono, when you wake up, the suspicious personnel question applies to you as well, if not for my sake then you and Sakurajima, and Tadano’s. If you can think of anything that will help me track down who is doing this, I’d be much obliged.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: July 13, 2022, 07:23:54 pm »

Sounds like he tried to do what Sawatari tried; use his Kaijin magic to heal Majima. I figured. Otherwise you'd get more news reports about people whose Kaijin relatives started healing them. Yeah. I'll need time to consider some of this information. I'll need to thank you and Kazami-senpai, too.

No need to thank me. Just let me know if you make any connections to anything.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #872 on: July 13, 2022, 07:28:13 pm »

Shiro

Shiro accepts the proffered beverage, but doesn't take a drink of her own quite yet.
"Your old man, huh? . . . Guess I ain't pretendin' that this doesn't sound familiar very well, am I?"
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: July 14, 2022, 05:52:53 am »

Mori
Okay, if I remember anything, I'll be sure to let you know as soon as I can.

Shiro
"Well, when you went off all half-cocked renovatin' Sawatari's face with your fists because he mentioned your old man, even a dumbass like me could figure that out."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #874 on: July 16, 2022, 08:20:02 pm »

Shiro
"Well, it ain't his business." Shiro huffed, hackles rising for a moment before she took another breath. "'Sides, that wasn't the only reason. I might not be a very good person but even I know you don't say that kind of shit about the people close to you."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: July 16, 2022, 11:12:29 pm »

Ok. Well, with all that settled, I believe I should let you get back to resting and recovering from the morning. Stay safe.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: July 18, 2022, 07:47:45 pm »

Mori
:)
With that, Sakurajima goes offline.

Shiro
"I wouldn't exactly say he and Kasuga are that close. I've been hangin' with Kasuga a while and it's about the first time I've seen the little man around him. Not that it makes that shit he said okay. Face needed some punchin' after that one."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #877 on: July 18, 2022, 08:14:51 pm »

"Kasuga spoke up for him, that's about the closest thing Sawatari probably has to a friend with an attitude like that." Shiro shrugged as she took a swig of her drink. "Anyway. . . I got the idea you wanted to talk about somethin'."
GM of Trespassers V2.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: July 18, 2022, 08:34:10 pm »

Moving out of the group chat, Mori sent a quick text to just Otoya.

I’m sorry.

With that, he put his phone away. It was time to go to the batting cages with Veep and then… his meeting with Mishima.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2022, 08:40:20 am by Smoke Mirrors »

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: July 19, 2022, 07:34:21 pm »

Mori
Mori finds himself in....well, not completely out of his element, but not somewhere he'd be accustomed to being in.

The Velvet Room is the best teahouse in town, but an exclusive teahouse indeed. Dating from the period from when Kaname-cho was a mere fishing village and the teahouse itself was a main attraction for weary travelers, the Velvet Room has since survived the incursion of the Mishima Corporation with almost insulting ease. The family running the place, the Kanames - of Mamiya Kaname fame - are, while not rich, well-off. They took over from running it after the original owners elected to up sticks and move to the rural town of Wadanohara; however, the Kanames had been old friends of theirs. It is reputed that, from time to time, Kaname might hold one of her famed tea parties here, where information would be exchanged for favours, if one was fortunate enough to be invited.

In any case, the exclusivity shows. The place is painted in red and gold, with ornate tables and furniture, and rich-looking clientele calmly enjoying tea at the few tables in the establishment. You couldn't imagine someone like Kasuga or Akitsuki in here; someone like Honda or Akari would probably have long since thrown a table at the nearest waiter. Fortunately, outside of her, very little reminder of the Mishima family is in here. The maitre d' has seen your invitation and invited you into the main area.

Now, you just need to deal with...Mishima.

Shiro
Jin raised an eyebrow.
"Just wanted to check up on ya. Y'know. After...that."

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: July 19, 2022, 10:27:55 pm »

Mori somewhat nervously shifted the weight of his briefcase in his hand. The reminder of whose family ran this place caused him to cautiously scan for cameras out of the corner of his eyes. He couldn’t say did certain if Mamiya would be willing to use her family business to pick up secrets on… interesting clientele, but he wouldn’t put it past her. After all, he’d do it if he was in her shoes.

He straightened his cravat. He’d showered after he left the batting cages, changed into a suit, and otherwise did his best to look respectable. Veep had made fun of him for “trying to look good for Mishima”, but he was in a good mood, so he let it slide. In fact, that good mood, and the possibility of getting the demon out of his head, were the only reasons he hadn’t told the maitre d’ that he’s suddenly remembered something urgent he needed to get done, and to please tell Ms. Mishima that he wasn’t able to make it.

Yet regardless of his apprehension, he walked in.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2022, 10:35:24 pm by Smoke Mirrors »

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: July 20, 2022, 04:22:06 pm »

No cameras that Mori can see. Mamiya, it seems, isn't willing to stoop that low.

The maitre d' has guided Mori, by this point, to the table where she is waiting.
"Ah. I see you did get my invitation. Hello, Sawatari."

She tilts her head slightly.
"You look anxious. Is something on your mind?"

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #882 on: July 20, 2022, 04:35:11 pm »

"I'm fine. Little shit got under my skin but that's nothing new. Just exhausting."
GM of Trespassers V2.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: July 20, 2022, 06:20:00 pm »

Mori waited for the maitre d' to move out of earshot before responding.

"Well, we can start with the fact that I hate you and dread the thought of having to spend time with you." he replied, his tone the same as if he had replied with "nothing", "Regardless, I am in fact here, contrary to my better judgment, so why did you ask for my attendance?"

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: July 20, 2022, 06:45:30 pm »

Kanade purses her lips. She seems almost....disappointed by his answer. Not the "fully expected it" that Mori expected. But disappointed.
"...."
"You hate me, huh? You wouldn't be the first. At least you're honest about it. That I can respect. You're more honest than most of the actors I've met about it."

Kanade sighs, gesturing to a chair facing her.
"Well, why don't you take a seat then? Have some tea. Don't worry, it's not poisoned, Sawatari."
"I was hoping to meet you to discuss Kaguya. Since the Inter-School play is within a few months and we're supposed to start rehearsals soon, I figured you'd want to discuss when we start auditions."
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 85