Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 85

Author Topic: FEF: Demon Soul Saga IC Thread: Chapter 3: Hunt for the Eighth God  (Read 70210 times)

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Demon Soul Saga IC Thread: Chapter 2: White Fields / Temple Garden
« Reply #840 on: July 04, 2022, 12:49:41 pm »

"I'm glad to hear you're already seeking assistance then." Misa says as Sawatari leaves. "May fortune bless you."
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: July 04, 2022, 12:55:56 pm »

Tsukasa shakes his head.
"I've shed my share of tears for Majima. I've tried everything to get her out of her coma but....nothing. Not even my powers can bring her back. So there's no use in me focusing on what we can't do."

Tsukasa then laughs lightly at Mildred.
"You aspire far too much heroism to me. I'm not doing this just because it's the right thing to do. That would be my partner, Scathach. Akutagawa....someone like him, I don't get, but I respect him. I wouldn't call myself a hero. Not when my sole motive is to have the one most important to me by my side. I'm not like you, or Kasuga, or Akutagawa. You do this for the right reasons."
"No. That masked Kaijin....I've been tracking him down for a year to try to get answers. See if I can somehow bring Majima back to my side."
He clenches his fist.
"And almost every time I've caught him....he always slips from my grasp."

He then laughs again, bitterly this time.
"Call me foolish or hate me for my true motives, but...I can't help but want Maji...no, Yui by my side again. The colors of my life feel....faded without her."
« Last Edit: July 04, 2022, 12:57:32 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: July 04, 2022, 03:02:08 pm »

"They do say there are first times for everything," Mori thought, though his actual reply was merely "And you as well."

He sent Veep a quick thanks for the information and decided that if he couldn't get any swordsmanship tips, he'd spend the time until he met up with Veep at the batting cages to go check on how Sakurajima and Miyazono were doing.

Seek out Kanna and Otoya. If they aren't together, seek out Kanna.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #843 on: July 04, 2022, 07:08:16 pm »

Shiro

". . . I don't think I do much helpin' people, other than the boys. Got too much shit to deal with and not enough patience for half of it."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
  • Mage Lord in a Lonely Storm
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: July 04, 2022, 08:11:04 pm »

"That is fair enough. I can understand wanting to figure it out oneself."
"Just remember... Figuring it out yourself doesn't mean you have to figure it out alone. Even if you don't go to the Helper's Club, you're not alone in your search."
"Unlike me back then."
"But it's fine now. I'm good friends with Chino and Morimoto. And the people at the Helper's Club, I'm getting along with them too since I started being a member there. Because... Because I believe everybody deserves to be helped."
"... Now, that should have been everything I wish to say from my side. Unless there is something you'd like to add, I wish you a good day, Sasanuma."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: July 06, 2022, 04:30:36 am »

"That's still a good reason to fight. Ain't no harm if there's a bit of selfishness tied to it too; I'm sure she'd do the same for you."

Mildred looked over at him again.

"So, this hooded shit-for-brains... you think he's behind all the Akuma? Maybe he tried to fuck with me and the rest at Hermelin? Can't say that worked out too well for him if he did. And what about Scathach? Can you tell me anything about her?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: July 06, 2022, 12:57:52 pm »

Shiro
Jin laughs.
"Yeah. Takes some kinda patience dealin' with people's problems, huh? Least that's what my cousin Hanako always said, anyway. Haven't seen her in a while, but she really drilled that kinda thinkin' into me."

He sighs.

"Your Myrmidons are really somethin', huh?"

Mildred
"You're not one to care about the details too much, huh? Maybe someday, if Yui ever wakes up, I'll introduce you. You'd like her. She's the same way. Though....somewhat more feminine. If you mind my commenting."

Tsukasa sighs.

"As for that Kaijin, almost certainly, that hooded Kaijin is the one behind the Akuma attacks. I stopped him trying to turn a salaryman going home into one a few weeks ago."

"The problem is....and I can't be sure, but I swear I saw Durg-Fujimura save him from me. I would have said something earlier, but given that we know he is capable of creating illusions now, the likeliest answer is that he was trying to set myself and my partner against Fujimura and by extension, Akutagawa. Be on the lookout; I have similar powers to Akitsuki's, but hers are stronger. She could pierce his illusions where I couldn't. Keep her safe."

"As my partner Scathach...she and I made a pact to keep our idenities hidden. She will reveal herself in due time. All I can tell you is that any questions about the nature of Kaijin, she'd have a better answer than myself. She was the one who tried to warn me not to try to use my powers to reawaken Yui, because mortal illnesses cannot be cured by our magic."

"Of course, turning into a Kaijin....makes you more than human. Should you become a Kaijin, any ailments you would have disappear, and you impervious to any new ones. On top of being naturally stronger and more durable, even in the human forms we have right now. In that sense, we're not quite human anymore."

Yui
Eisuke thinks for a few moments.

Then he finally pulls himself off the ground.
"...."
"If there's anything you ever need from me, Aiuchi....don't hesitate to ask."
"I'm a bastard. But I owe you no end of favours."

He walks away, hands in his pocket.

Mori
From his contacts, Mori finds that Otoya and Kanna were sent to the hospital after today's events. Otoya, he hears, is cleared, but has to stay the night - or so a bird heard from a panicking Tadano. Kanna also has to stay the night, after Mori checks in with Koga; the doctors are concerned about the effects of being kidnapped by an Akuma on her illness.

The chances of Mori being allowed to visit are probably nil - as far as you know, visting hours are over right now -, and a phone call probably untenable at the moment, but a text might do.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: July 06, 2022, 09:16:14 pm »

"Bah, I'm a girl where it counts and the rest is society's problem, not mine. I'm just built different."

"A salaryman, huh? Unless he was working for some big name - not that there's any but one around here - I can't see much reason to target a random guy except to cause trouble. Guessing if he has a plan it's too damn complicated to figure it out just guessing, so I'm going to assume he's just being a dick because he can."

"And yeah, he tried to look like Akutagawa the first time he attacked us, too. Makes me think maybe he's a wimp and if I could just get one really good hit on him, he'd go down like a sack of potatoes. Otherwise he'd just beat us up first instead of hiding."

When Tsukasa stonewalled her on Scathach, Mildred just shrugged in response.

"I'll just ask Kasuga then. He's got a way of figuring these things out. Or maybe I'll recognize her voice somewhere, but since three of your team doesn't go to Hermelin, I probably don't run in her circles either."

She looked over at him.

"So... like a set of powers out of a comic book? Super speed, super strength, little bit of invincibility, that kind of thing?"

"Well, shit! People already didn't have a fair fight against me! I might actually feel a little bit bad about hitting them now."

"Guess I'll just have to pull my punches a little bit now. Still, can't say I'm unhappy about it. Do you think anyone high up knows about this Kaijin stuff? I mean like JSDF government types?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: July 06, 2022, 09:58:58 pm »

Mori began to walk to the theatre room as he opened up a group chat with Otoya and Sakurajima. Of course he had their numbers, he had a reputation to uphold, but it wasn't as though he messaged them frequently... frankly he didn't message anyone frequently besides Veep, and he was rather sure neither had his number in their phones.

Hey it's Sawatari. How are you guys doing-
He deleted that message before he sent it. Too casual.

This is Sawatari Mori. If you would not be opposed to it-
Nope, too formal.

Hello, it's Sawatari. Just checking in to see how you two are feeling after what happened?
There. Sent.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2022, 10:03:53 pm by Smoke Mirrors »
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: July 06, 2022, 10:07:00 pm »

Mildred
Tsukasa shrugs.
"You're telling me. I'm surprised Kasuga hasn't worked it out already. If he hasn't, someone else will. As for high up, that I can't say. But if they did, they're only taking it seriously now."

"I wouldn't make it sound so easy to beat him. I've never seen that Kaijin fight but you saw how he fought. Definitely trained. No, I think he's toying with us first. For what purpose, I can't say. I'm no detective. Why do you think it's taken me a year to find him?"

Mori
Otoya doesn't respond to Mori. Probably asleep, you figure.

Kanna takes a while.
Am fine. Doctors just finished checking up on us. Need to stay overnight. Otoya went to sleep. He was tired.

Then.

Thanks for saving us. You, Kasuga, Kazami-senpai, everyone.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2022, 10:22:00 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #850 on: July 06, 2022, 10:12:09 pm »

Shiro

"Hell yeah. They'd better be, with the amount of time those idiots have taken to whip into proper shape." She paused, looking suspicious. "You're not plannin' on spreading the word around school, are you? You don't seem like the type but I don't fuck around when it comes to that."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: July 06, 2022, 10:22:00 pm »

Don't include me in that group. I went because I had a duty to do so. That is nothing that deserves any form of accolades.

...he then realized that that might come off a bit harsh.

Nonetheless, you are welcome. How is the akuma seed in the back of your neck?
« Last Edit: July 06, 2022, 10:26:11 pm by Smoke Mirrors »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: July 06, 2022, 10:42:21 pm »

"That's easy to answer. No offense, but you're just a dude. I wouldn't have found him in a year either, even if I went around town beating info out of every lowlife in it. Akihiko, though, he's a clever guy. If anyone can figure out who it is, he will. I have faith in my friend, even if we're on our own."

She meant as far as the government went; from what Tsukasa said, they probably had no better an idea of who Andras was than she did.

"He's gonna regret unleashing Proioxis, I know that much. I'm the pursuit of enemies, I ride the winds of victory, and that means I ain't going to stop until I've won come hell or high water."

"So let him hide for now. Sooner or later he's going to poke his head out to try planting some more Akuma seeds and I'm gonna be waiting to shove that head into the dirt. I can't stand people like that, who just wanna cause trouble and pick on people they think are weaker'n them just 'cause they can."

Mildred turned to Tsukasa.

"Hey, though. I know you think you ain't a hero, but you are. The White Knight stands for something. You've saved people. That counts for a lot."

She turned forward again.

"Just my two cents on it."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: July 07, 2022, 11:59:34 am »

Shiro
Jin grins, offering Shiro a thumbs up.
"Secret's safe with me, Akari."

He sighs, patting his stomach as he polishes off the last of the yakiniku.

"So, what brings you to my neck of the woods, Akari? Didn't know you liked the eateries 'round here."

Mildred
Tsukasa chuckles.
"You believe that much in Kasuga, huh? Hm. He must be someone special, if you and Sawatari can agree on him. And as for being a hero....I won't call myself that. Not until Yui is at my side again."

He stops at a street corner.

"This is my stop. I'll see you tomorrow, Honda."

He pauses.

"Should you or Kasuga get any leads on that masked Kaijin, don't hesitate to call. I won't hesitate, either."

Tsukasa nods at Mildred, and walks away towards a house up the street, turning into the gate. The lights turn on inside the house as the door opens to admit him.

The moment Tsukasa walks inside, Mildred receives a text. It's from Akihiko.

I have a lead on our case. I had to buy Kaname a new roll of camera film and promise to help her on her next case but it was worth it. Don't tell anyone yet; I'm at the dojo, and I just got a text about it and I need to confirm it. Only you and Saya know for now.

Last week, when Sakurajima and Miyazono were at school late to practice, there were only four other people there aside from one of the kendo kids packing up, who told Kaname all this.

One was Miss Kurenai, one was Nanjou and one was Futaba. The other was Sugiura. If there's any suspect for the masked Kaijin, it's one of those four. I'll bring you and Saya in when I have a plan of action. The others...not yet. Not after today, not after Akari almost took Sawatari's face off. I need someone to know, but someone I know won't march off half-cocked.

Then after a bit.

Sorry to dump this all on you, Honda. I needed someone to tell. You've got my back, so I knew I could trust you with this.

Mori
A pause.
Take credit for being a hero, Sawatari. You and Kasuga fighting together....that must've looked so cool.

Another pause.

I can't even feel it anymore!
« Last Edit: July 07, 2022, 12:20:25 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: July 07, 2022, 12:17:09 pm »

I'm not so vain as to take credit for things I have not done. You are too kind to notice, but Kasuga and Kazami are good people who did what they did because it was right. I am a bad person who did what I did because I had a duty to do so and no choice in the matter.

Anyway, that's great news. How did Miyazono feel before he went to bed?

A pause

Also, do you not remember seeing what happened?

Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 85