Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 85

Author Topic: FEF: Demon Soul Saga IC Thread: Chapter 3: Hunt for the Eighth God  (Read 70236 times)

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
  • Mage Lord in a Lonely Storm
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Demon Soul Saga IC Thread: Chapter 2: White Fields / Temple Garden
« Reply #765 on: June 12, 2022, 07:15:51 am »

"Alright... Now focus, you two, we have a villain's butt to spank."

Marc'heg Gwer eyes the masked Kaijin, ready for battle.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: June 12, 2022, 11:57:36 am »

Mori took Jin's hand and accepted the help up, and as his head neared Jin's ear, he swiftly whispered

"*Kasuga and I need to talk about your cat. Batting Cages, tonight?*"

Once he was up, he swiftly transformed back into Reynart.

"I was overly rude with Kasuga and Pyrrha, but my interaction with Proixois was mutually aggressive. I'll not apologize to someone who mocked me for the demon in my head, among other things." He stated as if he hadn't said anything before, "I do intend to properly apologize to Kasuga later, but this is not the time. For now, there remains a danger to the civilians."

He walked off to go help deal with the toad.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: June 12, 2022, 12:39:17 pm »

Mildred had already left to go help the others with the interloper when Jin asked her to, and was currently picking up bits of debris and fallen Onibi and hurling them up at Andras with her wind powers.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: June 12, 2022, 07:08:14 pm »

Saya's helmet glows faintly with the effort.
"Is...that right? Hm. Hang on everyone. This might hurt a bit."

Masaru, Akihiko, Mildred, Yui, Tsukasa and Jin all feel a tiny prick, like a pinch, in the middle of their skulls.

"Okay. You can see what I'm seeing now. I think."

Indeed, the world seems to be exactly the same, except for the outline of the masked Kaijin glowing faintly, as if lit by moonlight.

"You won't catch me so easily, Akitsuki!"

He snaps his fingers, darkness enveloping him, before a horde of masked Kaijin like himself emerge from within the cloud, jumping across the rafters or towards them. However, Akitsuki's power seems to hold true; among the multitude, one still remains visibly lit up by Tsukiyomi's power.

Unlurking Sentinel

• Bay Watcher
  • 6e 6f 74 20 61 20 72 6f 62 6f 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: June 12, 2022, 07:29:37 pm »

"Perfect."

The fact that the enemy had such illusory powers, yet had chosen to mock them in person to begin with (rather than hide out of sight and let an illusion do the mocking) seemed... completely idiotic to Vasusena. What a shameful waste of one's privileges. Not that his aim minded.

Vasusena uses Ultimate Sacrifice, and fires an Immaculate Sonic Arrow at the true Andras!
01101110 01101111 01110000 01100101 00101100 00100000 01100100 01100101 01100110 01101001 01101110 01101001 01110100 01100101 01101100 01111001 00100000 01101110 01101111 01110100 00100000 01100001 00100000 01110010 01101111 01100010 01101111 01110100

Final Fantasy Emblem on Forums

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: June 12, 2022, 07:52:04 pm »

The arrow soars through the air. The masked Kaijin laughs-

-then winces as the arrow lands its mark, his laugh cut off as the arrow catches him in the shoulder. Given the gulf in power between him and Masaru, however, it doesn't do very much; he pulls the arrow out, breaking it into two, as if it were nothing.

He glares at Akitsuki.

"So. You can see through my illusions....it's not my only trick, but you just made this more interesting. That smarts."

The illusions, their purpose nulled, vanish, leaving the masked Kaijin alone.

"Fine, you first, Akitsuki."

He leaps towards Saya, only for a red blur to smash into his face, throwing him to the side. The masked Kaijin rubs his cheek - or, at least, where his cheek should be - as Akihiko places himself between Saya and Masaru and their mysterious opponent.

"Kasuga. So it's true. You do have a good punch."

Akihiko doesn't respond, simply charging at him with a roar.

Their masked opponent pulls himself to his feet, barely managing to move back fast enough to avoid Akihiko's leg smashing down on where his head was a moment ago. The unknown Kaijin tries to whip out an icy knife, but the shot Masaru landed not a few seconds ago does delay the attack enough for Akihiko to blast it out of his hands with a fireball. Akihiko tries to lunge at them, to pin them down, only for the masked Kaijin to turn over to his good arm and balancing on it to land a firm, ice-laden kick onto Akihiko's chest, knocking him back into Masaru.

"Demura! Out of the way!"
« Last Edit: June 15, 2022, 04:00:37 am by IamanElfCollaborator »

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: June 12, 2022, 08:21:32 pm »

"I have protection detail, you can focus on beating him up and protecting the civilians." Mori said, as he slipped into Saya's shadow.

Guard Target Tsukuyomi.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: June 13, 2022, 11:29:30 am »

Pixie watches the ensuring combat for a moment before shaking her head. "Well, it looks like Akihiko has that problem solved. Now what's keeping this place from falling apart?" Pixie muses as she turns her attention to examining the still standing weird magic arena area she's standing in.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Unlurking Sentinel

• Bay Watcher
  • 6e 6f 74 20 61 20 72 6f 62 6f 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: June 15, 2022, 06:58:41 pm »

"A-ah!"

Vasusena had at least improved Masaru's reaction speeds such that he was, indeed, able to get out of the way.

The enemy's compromised assault left him open for what would normally be an easy shot, but Vasusena didn't expect him to survive so easily, and it took him a moment longer than normal to string it. He could only hope he was still fast enough...

Vasusena casts Burst Bullet on Andras, to break his defenses further!
01101110 01101111 01110000 01100101 00101100 00100000 01100100 01100101 01100110 01101001 01101110 01101001 01110100 01100101 01101100 01111001 00100000 01101110 01101111 01110100 00100000 01100001 00100000 01110010 01101111 01100010 01101111 01110100

Final Fantasy Emblem on Forums

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: June 15, 2022, 07:03:39 pm »

"Let's see how you deal with this!"

Mildred raised her arms, gathering a swirling wind filled with pollen and cherry blossom petals, and launched it at Andras as well.

Proioxis uses Floral Gust on Andras!
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: June 17, 2022, 05:34:53 pm »

Misa notices that the Domain seems to....want to collapse. Indeed, it's shuddering, as if trying to break, but some odd force is keeping it together. Perhaps something to do with the hooded Kaijin her allies are fighting.

Akihiko tumbles back, but manages to recover his footing as the masked Kaijin leaps to his feet, cracking his knuckles.
"Not bad."

Akihiko doesn't spare a moment, and immediately lunges at him, a fist enshrouded in flame. The masked Kaijin parries his incoming fist aside with his right, open palm, sweeping Akihiko behind him and smashing an elbow into his back, knocking the red half-demon forward. Icy air coalesces almost instantly into a frozen knife in the masked Kaijin's left hand, which he attempts to plunge into Akihiko's back, only for Akihiko to swing around almost immediately, managing to hold his knife back with both of his arms, before pushing the masked Kaijin back. With a fluid, sidewards motion, Akihiko's leg sweeps upwards, smashing the knife out of the masked Kaijin's hand, forcing both combatants back onto their back feet. Akihiko, however, quickly recovers, and immediately rotates onto his front foot to go for the masked Kaijin's head with a flaming kick, only for the masked Kaijin, with an almost identical movement, to parry his kick with his own, freezing kick.

The force pushes both of them back, Akihiko looking worse for wear than his opponent as he looks at the small crack left in the armor plating around his foot.
"Dammit...he's way stronger than me."

The masked Kaijin settles into a fighting stance, two hands in front of him, one ahead and above, one closer to his body and behind, similar to Akihiko's own fighting style.
"Being a Kaijin....it's really fun, isn't it?"
"Shut the hell up!"

Akihiko runs at him again, this time sliding under the masked Kaijin swiping another knife where his chest would have been and leaps up to swing his fist into the masked Kaijin's jaw. His fist goes wide, however, as the hooded Kaijin shifts his head sideways, barely avoiding the uppercut. The masked Kaijin drops his knife, and swings his fists at Akihiko, him barely parrying each hit with his elbows before one blow smashes into Akihiko's ribs, sending him doubling over in pain, only for an arrow to sink itself into his wounded shoulder, forcing the hooded Kaijin back. The masked Kaijin glares at Masaru.

"How....vexing."

He rips the arrow out of his shoulder again and begins running at Masaru, only for Akihiko to charge him, still doubled over from the initial blow. This time, the masked Kaijin grabs Akihiko by the shoulders, and swings him in time to intercept Mildred's attack, the force of Mildred's petal-laden gust slamming Akihiko into the piano, breaking it under his weight. He grabs his shoulder, growling; having been shot twice by Masaru, it isn't holding up too well.
"Akihiko!"
Saya's voice draws the masked Kaijin's attention.
"Someone like you....vexes me the most!"

A massive pair of blue fists smashes into the masked Kaijin, throwing him towards Mildred and sending the half-demon tumbling, as Jin enters the fray.
"Honda! You got him, right?"
« Last Edit: June 17, 2022, 05:36:34 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: June 17, 2022, 06:28:43 pm »

"It's definitely the weirdo then." Pixie decides as she turns her attention back to the fight, only to yipe and flutter backwards as the masked Kaijin is sent flying towards Mildred, and therefor towards Pixie. "At least this is a question we can solve by hitting it really hard!" Pixie claps her hands together with an electric flash, pulling them apart to reveal a thunderbolt, newly born and dancing furiously between her hands as it attempts to escape its bonds.

Pixie uses Ziana on Andras!
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: June 17, 2022, 06:29:57 pm »

"What could you possibly find fun about being a Kaijin?" Mori asked from Saya's shadow, genuinely confused.

While doing so, he prepared some roots to grab at the masked kaijin, not to really hurt him, more to slow him down at inopportune moments.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: June 18, 2022, 01:00:20 am »

"Yeah, I'll follow you up!"

Mildred immediately whipped up some strong winds to propel herself at the incoming Andras and leaped, right hand drawn back as a miniature tornado swirled around it.

"Eat this, you sack of shit!"

And she came down with the force of a collapsing building, throwing a wild, hurricane-powered haymaker directly at the masked Kaijin.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2022, 01:02:54 am by SeriousConcentrate »

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: June 18, 2022, 07:42:10 am »

First comes lightning, then the storm.

The masked Kaijin tries to pull himself to his feet, but Jin's fists smash into him again, forcing him back down. Misa's lightning bolt smashes into the hooded Kaijin, and Mildred comes down right after, collapsing upon him with the force of a gale.

Jin, despite his larger frame, is blown back a bit by the force.
"Damn....you got a real kick on ya, huh?"

As Mildred lands back on her feet, smoke obscuring the hooded Kaijin's body, however....

"....you asked me what makes being a Kaijin so fun?"

They both realise that their opponent is getting up slowly. Though clearly worse for wear, he isn't as done as they'd like. The hooded demon cracks his neck, hunched over in an almost animalistic stance. He raises his head, laughing.

"All this power....it's almost intoxicating. The blood of demons runs through our veins. We were chosen. The power of demons....we can do what we like."

He gestures over at the unconscious Otoya, as Riku and Rise protectively shield him, Kanna and Daiya from the chaos.

"It only chooses those who are worthy of the power of demons. Someone like Miyazono....he doesn't get it. This power is meant for more than just saving his girlfriend."

The masked Kaijin moves aside, barely avoiding Tsukasa's flaming sword as Gawain's cape bursts into flame, the embers resembling cherry blossom petals.

"Bastard!"

The hooded demon slams an elbow back into Gawain's helmet, pushing him back briefly, before following up with a swift kick to Tsukasa's armored chest. He then attempts to throw a flurry of knives at Tsukasa, only for Tsukasa to recover fast enough to block the knives with his shield.

"And you, chasing shadows! Is that all you can do with your power? Is the only thing on your mind Majima?"
"Leave her name out of this! You....it's because of you that she isn't where she should be! Out there, bothering me with dumb things, instead of in some hospital bed, wasting away!"

Tsukasa retaliates with wild swings of his sword, but it's clear; though he might be stronger, he lacks Akihiko and the mysterious opponent's skill in fighting, not helped by the emotional anguish. The hooded Kaijin easily ducks another blow, smashing a shadowy orb directly into Tsukasa's chest. The white knight is knocked aside, the flames over his body sputtering out and he is thrown back, transforming into his human form as he falls unconscious.

Akihiko suddenly appears from behind the masked Kaijin, tackling him to pin him down. The masked Kaijin tries to dislodge his new assailant, only for two of Jin's fists to smash the masked Kaijin away, throwing him back towards the corridors leading into the auditorium area of the Domain. One of Jin's lower hands pulls Akihiko up, as the red demon clutches the part of his body where he took the punch to the ribs.

"You okay, Kasuga?"
"....Could be better."

The hooded Kaijin pulls himself to his feet, knife coalescing into his hand, but-

[Now Playing Theme of Durga ~Bane of Ambitions~]

He doesn't get out of the way fast enough to evade a lightning-quick slash, the thrust rippling through him with violet lightning. As he jumps aside, shaking his head, a horned, feminine Kaijin slowly walks towards the group, flanked by Cath Palug and Abe no Seimei. In her hand is a long, black katana, the blade sparking with electricity.

"You."

The masked Kaijin looks around, realising just how truly outnumbered he is as he clutches the part where the strike caught him. You can see his eyes just turn up in a smirk.

"How....vexing. Too many cooks spoil the soup."
"Uh-huh."

Abe no Seimei snaps his fingers, summoning orbs of blue flame to smash into the masked Kaijin, the blast causing smoke to erupt from his location.

When the smoke clears, however, nothing of the hooded Kaijin remains. Instead, a wraith-like ghost, of the same kind as the Onibi they were fighting earlier, crumbles to ashes.

Jin looks towards their newfound allies. He sounds visibly relieved as the three other Kaijin approach them, the tall, horned one sheathing her blade in what appears to be a floating scabbard next to her.
"Durga! How did you know where we were? I thought I told you guys to watch out to see if anyone got pulled in!"
"We followed you in, Aegaeon. Cath Palug and I saw Seimei fighting off the Onibi and he told us where you were."
"For which you can gratefully thank me."
« Last Edit: June 18, 2022, 07:44:28 am by IamanElfCollaborator »
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 85