Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 85

Author Topic: FEF: Demon Soul Saga IC Thread: Chapter 3: Hunt for the Eighth God  (Read 70262 times)

Unlurking Sentinel

• Bay Watcher
  • 6e 6f 74 20 61 20 72 6f 62 6f 74
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Demon Soul Saga IC Thread: Chapter 2: White Fields / Temple Garden
« Reply #750 on: June 09, 2022, 05:59:12 pm »

Fools. This is exactly what that hooded miscreant wants. Pyrrha thinks she isn't being manipulated, but by fighting amongst themselves, they stand to lose him. But if Vasusena joined in to try and stop them now, that would only be an escalation. Especially after he started that debate to begin with...

"Tsukuyomi, let them to their devices, they cannot help us at this moment. Tell me, can you sense the enemy location with any detail? I do not trust our eyes."
01101110 01101111 01110000 01100101 00101100 00100000 01100100 01100101 01100110 01101001 01101110 01101001 01110100 01100101 01101100 01111001 00100000 01101110 01101111 01110100 00100000 01100001 00100000 01110010 01101111 01100010 01101111 01110100

Final Fantasy Emblem on Forums

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: June 09, 2022, 08:28:41 pm »

Despite the mask, and total lack of face, Mori hoped it was clear from his body language that his reaction to Akari's outburst was an exhausted stare of total confusion.

"Ummm... no way in hell?" He replied, "I'm not letting go of Miyazono while this fucking toad is at all present."

He ducked, behind Akihiko. He couldn't drop into his shadow with Otoya in his arms but...

He chucked a pollen bomb near Shiro's feet, avoiding hurting her but impairing her vision.

"Don't let him distract us! We need to keep him away from Miyazono, Sakurajima, and Daiya, even if the last one's a shithead!"
« Last Edit: June 09, 2022, 08:49:33 pm by Smoke Mirrors »
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: June 10, 2022, 01:40:15 am »

"Yeah, Pyrrha, can you put off beating up Mori until this place falls apart? So far all he's done is say annoying stuff, where-as creepy mask dude seems to be actively trying to get people dead. And killing people's worse then saying punchable stuff." Pixie says as she follows Mildred's move to Pyrrha, sparks crackling across her hair as she watches the person who seems responsible for all this nonsense warily.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2022, 12:45:16 pm by Happerry »
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: June 10, 2022, 03:05:22 pm »

The moment Shiro lunges towards Mori, Akihiko yells.
"Akari, no!"

Mori, exhausted from his fight and still somewhat rocked from being hit directly by Shinigami, isn't quite able to duck out of the way before Shiro tackles him, pushing him onto the ground. Fortunately for Mori, Otoya is caught by an approaching Tadano, but this doesn't save him from taking a few punches from Shiro, softened though they may be by Yui's timely spell.

The masked Kaijin laughs as Shiro begins her beatdown.
"Yes, good! Haha! Bring on the carnage, Akari! Beautiful...."

As soon as Shiro manages to get Mori on the floor and land a few punches, she finds herself being picked up from behind by not two, but four arms. Jin, being both significantly stronger and larger than she is, tries to wrangle her off of Shiro as Akihiko and Mildred run towards her. Of course, even with his size and strength difference, Shiro is still rather formidable, and she is slowly but surely forcing her way out of Jin's grip.

"Akari. Akari! Hey, that's enough, dammit! Come on, chill!"

He turns towards Mildred, Akihiko and Tsukasa.

"I'll handle Akari and the little guy! Honda, Kasuga, I'm trustin' you to chase that guy down! I don't know the others, but I know I can trust you two! Same with you, Kazami! My other friends are in the Domain but I don't know where!"

[Now Playing: Theme of Andras ~~Penumbra (Variant A)~~]

The masked Kaijin stands up straight as the others turn towards him.

"My, my, you think you can take me with so many of you having to pull Akari off of Sawatari?"

Tsukasa answers not with words, but by drawing his sword, a wave of flames smashing into the top of the Domain, melting the rafters with the sheer intensity of the flames. Their opponent barely manages to dash away, avoiding the burst of flames, a light chuckle as he studies the remains.

"Your anger won't win you this day, Kazami. Majima-chan would HATE to see you like this, wouldn't you agree?"

He almost pirouettes away to avoid another gout of flames from Tsukasa's blade.

Saya nods at Masaru's request.
"I'll try."
The starfield comprising the contents of Saya's helmet begins glowing and rotating faster.
"I....think I have a lock on him. I'll have to concentrate to keep it, though."
« Last Edit: June 10, 2022, 03:08:17 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: June 10, 2022, 03:47:02 pm »

"Everyone but Aegeaon, go! Momotaro, keep Miyazono safe! I'm just the distraction, and even if Aegeaon can't keep Pyrrha off me the whole time, I can take a few punches as long as someone patches me up after!"

That was not entirely truthful. The combined exhaustion from the fight, effect of being hit by Shinigami, force of the punches he had gotten, and the still lingering feeling of being slow-roasted by the voices in his head had him at the point he was ready to drop, but he wasn't going to let that masked toad use him like Akari was. Besides, Akitsuki could patch him up later.

"Sorry you have to look out for me, Aegeaon, but I don't think I'd survive the full force of Pyrrha, and I don't think we have anything to bring back the dead," Mori stated, trying to keep up a brave face, "but if someone else is taking care of Miyazono, then I can lend you a hand."

He snapped his fingers and black vines erupted from the floor, tangling around Shiro to keep her in place, though he readied himself to jump into a nearby shadow if he had to.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2022, 03:52:42 pm by Smoke Mirrors »
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Unlurking Sentinel

• Bay Watcher
  • 6e 6f 74 20 61 20 72 6f 62 6f 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: June 10, 2022, 06:31:23 pm »

"Judging by the sound of that, what I'm seeing is not an illusion?"

Vasusena approached Tsukuyomi, now standing behind her, as he drew another arrow.

"Just to be sure, point towards where you have locked on. If you can direct my aim, and it will not fail again."
01101110 01101111 01110000 01100101 00101100 00100000 01100100 01100101 01100110 01101001 01101110 01101001 01110100 01100101 01101100 01111001 00100000 01101110 01101111 01110100 00100000 01100001 00100000 01110010 01101111 01100010 01101111 01110100

Final Fantasy Emblem on Forums

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #756 on: June 10, 2022, 08:05:41 pm »

Pyrrha thrashed as if she were a wild animal; if this form had a visible mouth, it would have been used to bite Aegeaon. As long as it wasn't spewing forth obscenities at the target of her rage, of course.
"Fuck off! Let GO of me! ALL you bastards heard what this sonofabitch said! Talkin' all that mad shit about my family, about his high-and-mighty ass being too good to notice when he's shittin' on the only guy stupid enough to treat him like a human being instead a' the SLIME he is!" She growled viciously, thrashing in Jin's grasp. "Can't believe all you defending this piece a' shit! Fake-ass lying fuck! Take your apologies and shove them up your ass!" She kicked ineffectually in the direction of Mori, before a light began to gather in her palms.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: June 10, 2022, 08:47:16 pm »

"Dammit, Akari, you beat his face in, you're just playin' to what they both want! Come on, you gotta see it, right? Little guy wants you to beat his face in, that masked guy wants you to do it! Don't know why he'd want it like that, but...."
Jin's grip is beginning to slip on Shiro, and she manages to wrench her way out of one of his arms.
"'Sides, what's kickin' his ass gonna do for you, Akari? Prove you can beat up a little guy for talkin' shit? Only reason I'm not doin' it because Kasuga saw somethin' in him! If that guy, who trusts Honda AND you, sees somethin' in the scrawny bastard, somethin' must be up, right? Maybe Kasuga's too nice, but he wouldn't have done all that for Aiuchi if he wasn't, right?"
Two arms.
"And whatever's goin' on with you and your dad, beatin' Sawatari's ass ain't gonna fix it, Akari!"

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: June 10, 2022, 09:10:33 pm »

”I’m actually very opposed to having my face beaten in, I’m just willing to take one for the team if it’s to make sure the toad gets roasted.”

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #759 on: June 10, 2022, 10:24:35 pm »

"Well good for you! You aren't gonna take one for the team, you're gonna take several for me!" As she thrashed her way free of Jin, she swung a free arm back in his direction, only for the blow to be blunted by Mori's interference before it could gain any real momentum. The gathered energy in her hand didn't exactly soften the blow, however, though it was lacking in form. "Get outta my way and shut your damned mouth! You don't know shit either! Stop bringin' up my fuckin' family or I'll fuckin' feed you your own spine, got it!?" A small part of her didn't want to be upset with Jin - he was a bystander in this conflict, and one that didn't really deserve to be there - but the seething rage at the wheel wasn't listening to it. Beset by impeding tendrils, she still did her best to power through and charge at Mori. "SAWATARIIII!"
« Last Edit: June 11, 2022, 08:29:59 am by Chevaleresse »
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: June 11, 2022, 05:32:22 am »

The blow does connect with Jin, not that it does much visible damage - Shiro is very briefly reminded that Jin has been a Kaijin for far longer. It is enough to almost make him lose his grip.
"Dammit, Akari, you're not the only one with a shithead dad! Why do you think I'm tryna' help you not screw up the wrong guy here?"

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: June 11, 2022, 12:26:17 pm »

“Sorry, Mori, you’re too young to have to learn this, but… you’re already too perceptive for me to lie to you. Listen, sometimes, you just don’t have a way to win. You’re up against someone who has too much money, or power, or influence, or… just, sometimes you just can’t beat them. It doesn’t matter if you’re right, or you’re wrong, or you’re both right, or you’re both wrong, you just can’t win. Sometimes you just have to stop, you have to lie down and just accept whatever is going to happen, because if you keep fighting, you’re just going to hurt yourself so much worse than if you just stop.”

“Wow, this is not a conversation I should be having with an 8 year old. Don’t tell your mom, ok?”

Mori took a deep breath.

”Aegeaon, just go deal with the toad, the others need your help more than I do.”

He took another deep breath and pulled the mask off his face. Blue fire washed over him again, starting with his head and working his way down his body. When it had burnt out, Mori stood there, in human form, his arms stretched out to the sides.

”Let’s just get this over with.”

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #762 on: June 11, 2022, 09:50:26 pm »

Pyrrha's charge continued unabated, almost as if Mori had done nothing at all. Her gauntleted first sailed forth, and Mori's cheek met with. . .

. . . the bare knuckles of Akari Shiro's well-trained, but still human, fist.
"That's for the shit you said about Kasuga."
"No point in beating you any further. I don't know what kind of dumbass play you're going for here, but keep your slimy little mitts away from me and my family, got it?" She turned back to Jin. "And I told you to stop bringin' up my dad. Sure, we've got some differences of opinion, I'm the heir. That's our business. Keep to your own people." With a final "hmph," she transformed once again, the menacing armored figure appearing in her place. Any expression that might've been there was hidden as she turned to stalk after the rest of the group.
GM of Trespassers V2.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: June 12, 2022, 12:04:31 am »

Well, his cheek smarted like something else, but given he’d expected to have been beaten to bloody unconsciousness, only needing an ice pack was a win.

He swiftly transformed back into Reynart, staying in human form any longer was practically an invatation to the toad to attack him after his distraction had failed, and went to rejoin the others.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: June 12, 2022, 04:55:04 am »

Jin raises one of his four arms as if to say something to Shiro, but elects not to. He simply sighs.
"...all I'm sayin', Akari, if you ever wanna feel like talkin' about it some day, just hit me up. You know I'm good for it. Sorry for bringin' him up."
He gazes over at Mori, crouching and offering him a hand up.
"Come on, little man. I should kick your ass myself for all the shit you talked about Kasuga and Honda, but....I think Akari's given you your knocks."
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 85