Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 85

Author Topic: FEF: Demon Soul Saga IC Thread: Chapter 3: Hunt for the Eighth God  (Read 70263 times)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile

Quote from: Proioxis
Proixois uses a First Aid Kit!
Pyrrha revives and regains 5 HP!

Quote from: Marc'heg Gwer
Marc'heg Gwer Issues a Challenge!
Marc'heg Gwer takes and deals half damage!

Quote from: Pixie
Pixie uses a First Aid Kit!
Proixois regains 10 HP!

As Mori stakes his claim over the group, Shinigami roars back.
"I don't WANT to be yours! You do not control me!"

Spoiler: Stats (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Map Info (click to show/hide)

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile

“You don’t understand. This isn’t about control, or manipulation. This is about responsibility!”

He could feel the pressure of the smoke building up, trying harder and harder to force him down, but he refused to be forced to the floor again.

“I have a responsibility to my position, to the power that I received, and to the people who I can help!” He shouted, “I don’t get to choose to stop, to change my ways, or to let things go. I have no choice but to perform my duty, or die trying!”

He tried to stand, fighting against the ever growing pressure building on top of him, no longer trying to push him down, but to crush him into the floor. His legs felt like they were being filled with molten lead, his arms like he was holding up the sky, but he wouldn’t allow himself to collapse. He didn’t have the choice to falter. He had a responsibility to Otoya, to Kanna, to the other Kaijin, to the healing powers he had gained, to everyone.

Something appeared in his hands, a long, wooden object. He slammed it down onto the ground, using the force to push himself up, until he was standing on his own two feet again. He forced his eyes open, ignoring the acrid sting of smoke as he focused his gaze on the face of the giant Akuma.

“I let myself become a demon in order to help those I care about!” Mori shouted at the top of his lungs, “And I have a responsibility to make sure you don't do the same!”

He took one hand off the object in his hands and reached out in front of him, as if he was grabbing for something only he could see.

“If at the end of this, you want nothing more to do with me, then that’s fine by me!” blue fire started blazing in his outstretched hand, “Because I don’t care if the only end of my path is an unmarked grave with no one one mourn me! If I can make a better world for those I care about, then I’ll burn in Hell with a smile on my face!”

The blue fire chased back the smoke, swallowing Mori like a ravenous beast, until his body was completely consumed. Then he heard a voice, whispering in the back of his mind.

“Call me once more…”

He snapped his outstretched hand closed.

“Seize Power! Seize What’s Mine! Seize Everything!” he shouted, causing the fire to flare up, breaking through the cloud of smoke that still surrounded him, “Reynart!”

A shadow washed over him, blocking out the light of the fire, as he could feel his form shift again, and just like when he’d first become Fantomas, he could hear a voice speaking to him from inside his head.

“Don’t worry about fighting, Mikado.” spoke Reynart, “I’ll be your Kogarasu Maru. Even if the demon tries to stop your once more, I’ll fight on.”

As the shadow disappeared, there stood Reynart, looking the same as when he’d appeared in the Home ec room, with the exception of the leafy green kuanai in his hands having been replaced by a bokken, dappled in the color of autumn leaves, which he leaned on like a walking stick. A few such leaves spun around the masked Kaijin as well, before burning up with an otherworldly blue fire.

The only disturbance was another voice.

“Very well. A different approach next time.”

He ignored it. He had more important things to worry about now.

“Sorry for taking so long, everyone.”

He lifted his sword up and pointed it at Otoya.

“Forget my babbling. We can talk later. For now, I have a promise to keep.”

Move to K9, Nen Promise A
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Demon Soul Saga IC Thread: Chapter 2: White Fields / Temple Garden
« Reply #737 on: June 01, 2022, 09:51:04 pm »

"Thanks, Pixie. Let's win this fight."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: June 04, 2022, 07:15:37 pm »

Otohime/Aika had seemed rather nonplussed after Fantomas had gotten up following her song.  Even moreso after he changed forms and donned a kitsune mask, for some reason.  But seeming him refocus and calm down afterwards, she decided to count it as a win, hopping back up and moving towards the rest of the fight.

"Dunno what you're talking about with any of that stuff, now.  But so long as it keeps you pushing onward, sure~!  Just keep at it!"

K7, perform whatever it is mori supposed to be now and Marc'heg Gwer.  Move to J5, cast Mahajam on Shinigami.

As Aika continued to sing, droplets of water seemed to coalesce from the air around Shinigami, growing larger and larger until they formed a network of water-mirrors reflecting the monstrous akuma within.  As its power surged, the mirrors shifted and shimmered in response, moving in time with Aika's song to counter and turn the poor creature's power back against it.

"Sorry, Miyazono-san!  But if you can't listen, then you need to see, really see, how this obsession only hurts yourself!"
« Last Edit: June 04, 2022, 07:56:06 pm by Lucus Casius »

Unlurking Sentinel

• Bay Watcher
  • 6e 6f 74 20 61 20 72 6f 62 6f 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: June 04, 2022, 07:43:12 pm »

Vasusena to L7, cast Sonic Arrow on Grieving B
01101110 01101111 01110000 01100101 00101100 00100000 01100100 01100101 01100110 01101001 01101110 01101001 01110100 01100101 01101100 01111001 00100000 01101110 01101111 01110100 00100000 01100001 00100000 01110010 01101111 01100010 01101111 01110100

Final Fantasy Emblem on Forums

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: June 05, 2022, 07:42:03 pm »

As Mori transforms, Jin is clearly keeping an eye on him.
"Uh...is that supposed to happen, Kazami-senpai? D'you think I can transform my hands into cannons? Ooh. Maybe I could make this thing look more like a Mazinger..."
".....Scathach would know."
"Ah, I see. You're really playin' up the mysterious senpai kinda deal. Okay, I get it. Suits me just fine. I'll be the cool senpai. Good cop bad cop, you know? We gotta look cool AND help the kouhai out."
"You're seriously saying whatever he's going through, you don't know if it's normal? How in the hell are we supposed to help him?"
"I said I'd have to ask. I've seen someone's Kaijin form shift before. I don't know why or how it works, and I don't know the mechanics of it. You're putting expectations on me I can't meet."
"Can't imagine there's exactly many Kaijin lurking online Googling advice, huh?"

Then, as Mori stands back up...
"You've got some apologising to do, Sawatari. For now, let's put an end to this."

Shinigami lets loose an unholy screech, as the boy floating within the core seems to tremble and shake, as if in disagreement with what he is about to say.
"Responsibility?! I'll take it from you when you can actually help your friends instead of treating them like your tools, Sawatari! Those words of yours....Kasuga has lived by them more than you ever have!"
"Got that right. Doesn't mean he isn't trying."

Indeed, the party seems to be trying to rally.
Quote from: Reynart vs. Promise Wraith C
(Mori doesn't want to take it to the face...)
(Mori's within Jin's shadow!)
(Kurmala is active! +3 DR)

Reynart initiates!
Hit Rate: 91 to hit
Hit: 90, hit!
Promise Wraith C takes 23 damage!

Promise Wraith C is defeated!
Reynart regains 10 MP!

Quote from: Otohime
(Otohime's Living Currents activates!)

Otohime casts Again!
Reynart and Marc'heg Gwer may move again!

Quote from: Otohime vs. Shinigami
(Otohime's Living Currents is active!)

Otohime casts Mahajam!
Otohime loses 8 MP!
Shinigami's spells will Backfire for 3 turns!

Quote from: Vasusena vs. Grieving Wraith B
(Masaru has practiced efficiency!)
(Kurmala is active! +3 DR)
(Akihiko's Daunt activates!)

Vasusena casts Sonic Arrow!
Vasusena loses 4 MP!

Vasusena initiates!
Hit Rate: Irrelevant
Hit: Autohit!
Critical: 18, crit!
Grieving Wraith B takes 54 damage!

Grieving Wraith B is defeated!
Vasusena regains 10 MP!

Spoiler: Stats (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Map Info (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 08, 2022, 05:30:43 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: June 07, 2022, 09:33:07 pm »

"Thank you." he said to Aika, "And thank you for your help earlier while I was... out of it."

Back to Miyazono, while his response to Mori's statement was less than encouraging, Mori couldn't help but smirk behind his mask. Words lie. He understood that better than probably anyone else in this place. Body language was much more honest... generally at least. While he could hear what Shinigami said, with the smoke finally out of his eyes, he could clearly see Otoya floating inside the core, and that was all he really needed.

"Don't worry, Miyazono. I hear you clear as day." he replied, the tone of his voice containing just the barest hint of a smile.

Then Kasuga's first statement properly got through.

"Ah right, yeah." Mori replied, "Ok, so, first, Pyrrha, sorry for bringing up your home life. I don't know that much, but I probably crossed a line given your reaction. Momotaro, I apologize for leaving you to fend for yourself when I had a breakdown. I said I would defend you and I didn't. I owe you something to make up for that later, let me know what you want. Ibaraki, I apologize for just... the whole speech, and especially the myopia comment. Gawain, I apologize for the various mean things I said and/or thought. I suppose in hindsight it was wrong of me to blame you and Scathach for the Hell I'd been through this past week under the assumption you'd known that all of this would, or at least could, happen and had failed to warn us. And Proixois..." Mori paused.

"...no, I don't think I need to apologize to you for anything. You repeatedly called me a psycho, belittled myself and Vasusena, and were just generally terrible, and I don't think any of my statements crossed a line or even were that far from true." he finished, "Now, back to saving Miyazono."

Reynart to G9, Pollen Curtain on Shinigami. Ibaraki-Douji to H9, Flame Shot on Shinigami. Reynart Guards Ibaraki-Douji.
Momotaru to L12, Focused Blow on Grieving A. Tsukuyomi to L10, Branding on Promise B. Marc'heg Gwer to K9, Bash on Promise A.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2022, 11:34:56 am by Smoke Mirrors »
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: June 08, 2022, 01:39:18 am »

"That's all right; insincere apologies ain't worth the oxygen used on them. Especially when they come from a sociopath who claims people are 'his' like they're property or some shit. So, I'll fight on the same side as you, but it's probably best you leave me alone outside of a Domain."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: June 09, 2022, 05:25:48 am »

"Good grief, you two. Let's save it for later!"

Shinigami rears up before Mori and Akihiko.

"You two....stop wasting your time on me!"

[Now Playing: Theme of Mori ~~Goya wa Machiawase~~]

Reynart leads the way.

"Save your breath! I don't want you to save me! Save Sakurajima, you fool!"

A dusting of pollen scatters over Shinigami's mask as Mori engages the gigantic Akuma, obscuring his vision. Thorny growths follow Mori's trail, pollen erupting from within them to shower the deathly Akuma. Whatever effect they seem to be having on Shinigami, they seem to be massively irritating, as the Akuma emits a low, pained screeching.

"You...."

Shinigami reaches down, a long spindly hand reaching for Mori, but Mori is too quick, and slinks into a pool of shadows, before erupting out with more thorn-like growths, sprouting bulbs blasting more neon-yellow pollen into the face of the gigantic Akuma. The monster screeches, lashing out with a backhand, as Mori attempts to jump somewhere safe.

He finds no purchase, having dodged somewhere with no shadows. Shinigami's swipe smashes into Mori, sending him flying into a heap of junk, stunning him temporarily.
Quote from: Reynart vs. Shinigami
(Mori doesn't want to get hit in the face...)
(Shinigami's spells will backfire!)

Reynart casts Pollen Curtain!
Reynart loses 6 MP!

Reynart initiates!
Hit Rate: 98 to hit
Hit: 49, hit!
Shinigami takes 11 damage!
Shinigami loses 15 Hit for two turns...

Shinigami retaliates!
Hit Rate: 56 to hit
Hit: 15, hit!
Reynart takes 16 damage!
(Backfire activates!)
Shinigami takes 6 damage!

Reynart Guards Ibaraki-Douji!
As Shinigami reaches for the still-stunned Reynart, the demon perched upon the orb continues to speak, thorn-like shadowy fingers reaching for the half-demon.

"Even your so-called allies are turning against you. You can't save anyone, Sawatari."
"Not all of them! Mori, get to me!"

[Now Playing: Theme of Akihiko ~~Lineage of Clan~~]
Suddenly, a broken piece of junk tears its way through the Akuma's arms, forcing it away from Mori. The Akuma twists its body around to see who had interrupted it, Mori taking the opportunity to retreat as Akihiko approaches, slinking into his shadow.

"Get the hell away from him!"
"Why are you defending him? He just insulted you. None of your other friends like him."
"Don't get me wrong. He's kind of an asshole. In all likelihood, I'm gonna have to break up a fight the moment we get out of here. It might be more trouble than it's worth."
"But I ain't leaving behind one of my own, even if he needs to get his head on straight. And I'm doing to do what's just, which means saving both of you!"

Shinigami screeches at that, and swipes at Akihiko wildly to try to catch him, but the oni slips through his fingers with a deft roll, spinning into position.

"I'm really sorry about this, Miya-no, Otoya. But Sakurajima wouldn't want to see you like this either, and I won't let you down. When I find the bastard that turned you into this...."

He sprints to the left, avoiding another swipe. Shinigami, clearly realising how much quicker Akihiko is than itself, rears up, before emitting a shadowy, black burst of smoke from the space where its face should have been, directed right at Akihiko, only for Mori to appear from within Akihiko's shadow, deflecting the attack into a nearby pile of junk with a single shadowy thorn and vanishing back into the oni's shadow as quickly as he appeared. With a roar, Akihiko leaps into the air with grace unbefitting his demonic appearance.

"KA-SU-GAAAAAAAA!"
"Enough!"

Akihiko's fist bursts into flame as he rears back, before he thrusts his hand forward, as if to punch the Akuma. A spout of flame bursts forth from his hand, almost throwing Akihiko back, as the flame tears through the middle of the Akuma, the sounds of glass shattering and amber liquid oozing forth from the cage where Otoya's body was being suspended.

"No....Sakurajima....I...couldn't..."

Quote from: Ibaraki-Douji vs. Shinigami
(Akihiko's Daunt activates!)
(Mori's Support activates!)
(Akihiko will protect Mori to the end!)
(Ibaraki-Douji's Bloodthirst activates!)
(Ibaraki-Douji's Demonic Constitution is active!)
(Shinigami's spells will backfire!)
(Shinigami is under the effect of Pollen Curtain! -15 Hit)
(Akihiko has Kurmunda... -3 DR)

Ibaraki-Douji casts Flame Shot!
Ibaraki-Douji loses 6 MP!

Ibaraki-Douji initiates!
Hit Rate: 73 to hit
Hit: 2, hit!
Critical: 19, crit!
Shinigami takes 78 damage!

Shinigami is defeated!

Shinigami unleashes a few deep moans as it begins to collapse in on itself, the stained-glass shell where Otoya was being kept first cracking, then shattering, Otoya sliding out. Mori is able to exit Akihiko's shadow as he lands, and catches the unconscious Otoya.

"Please...Sawatari...Kasuga...save...Kanna..."

The deathly Akuma fades into dark wisps, as the remaining Onibi, with the controlling influence over them gone, fade away too. The faint sounds of a cello playing in the distance can still be heard. Tadano turns back around, breathing heavily as he rests on his giant kanabo.

"Woah....is this what you guys do now? Is it over? Did we win?"
"Good job, everyone! Yakiniku and udon, on me! Victory dinner, let's go!"
".....No. The Domain hasn't started to collapse yet. Something's not right. But my senses aren't strong enough to pick up on what that is."
"Uh...what? Isn't that how Domains work? You kick the ass of the Akuma in it and it collapses? Man, plenty of weird shit happenin' today I don't get! First Sawatari here turnin' into some weird fox thing, then some guy pretending to be me....."

A red glimmer flashes across the field of stars on Saya's helmet.
"No. It's not over yet...I still sense an enemy in the Domain, Kazami-senpai, Akkun!"

~~~~Map Complete...?~~~~
You will receive 3 level ups.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2022, 05:29:08 am by IamanElfCollaborator »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: June 09, 2022, 09:14:07 am »

"You think it's that guy again?"

Mildred looked around.

"Stop hiding!"

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: June 09, 2022, 01:22:37 pm »

Pixie makes a disgusted face. "Ugh, really? There's been far too much drama today, and it's not even over yet? And going by our luck someone's probably gonna accidentally wander in and then turn into Smaug or something any minute now."
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: June 09, 2022, 04:36:38 pm »

"Hoho, bravo, bravo, Kasuga, Sawatari....and Akari. You all played your parts well."

A voice echoes from the top of the rafters within what used to be Otoya's Domain. The masked Kaijin from earlier is sitting in the middle of the rafters, back leaning against a support strut and gazing down towards the others.

"Oh, yes. Sawatari, you really aren't nearly as good a manipulator as you think you are. Without having to say a word, half your allies want nothing to do with you already. Do you think Kasuga will protect you forever? I can't imagine even some hero wannabe like him will tolerate it. Even he has his limits."
"Shut the hell up!"
"Is that all you got? You've been chasing shadows for a whole year and look where it's gotten you, Gawain. Nowhere. All you can do is hurl ineffectual threats in the hopes it'll stop me this time. Majima-chan would be so disappointed to hear that, wouldn't you say?"

He gazes directly at Shiro.

"I'd come down and fight you, but....well..."

He peers over at Mori.

"I don't really have to now, do I? Just watch you rip yourselves apart. Go on, Akari. Tear him to pieces. You want to, don't you? Those words of his were boiling."
"Akari, I know you're mad, but don't listen to him!"
"When has the great Shiro Akari ever listened to what she was being told to do? Hm? The leader of the Myrmidons....shouldn't fear anybody. Even this pretender. Go on. Indulge."
« Last Edit: June 09, 2022, 04:38:54 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #747 on: June 09, 2022, 04:51:09 pm »

"Piss off. I'm not afraid of either of you and I'll cave your skull in next for beginnin' to say it. I'm not your puppet either, you got it?" She pointed a glowing blade at the mysterious villain for emphasis, before letting it dissipate and turning to the main object of her ire. "Put Miyazono down, Sawatari." Pyrrha stalked toward him, armored boots clanking against the floor. "I got business with you."

Regardless of whether he actually set down the wayward councilman, once Shiro was in range, she let out an enraged growl and lunged at Mori, aiming to ground him and start rearranging his facial features as soon as possible, Kaijin or no.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: June 09, 2022, 04:55:34 pm »

"Shiro..."

Mildred rushed to catch up to Pyrrha.

"I get it, but now ain't the time, all right? Let's deal with this guy first and Sawatari can wait. You know where to find him afterward, anyway. Ain't like he ever leaves the theater room."

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
  • Mage Lord in a Lonely Storm
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: June 09, 2022, 05:37:09 pm »

As if guided by an invisible hand, Yui also rushed in.

"KURMALA!"

Her spell was targeted at Mori.

"... I'm not the brightest one. I really don't understand what's the deal with you two, or why he changed form, or all of this."
"Doesn't help that my body ran on autopilot for a while..."
"But still! No matter what, I will protect everyone in this team! That includes Sawatari, no matter what everyone here think of him right now! And... that includes protecting you from yourself, Akari."

Marc'heg Gwer's gaze rested upon Proioxis.

"I'm... I'm not a fighter, therefore... Forgive me, Akari."

She raised her hand towards the ponytailed Kaijin.

"Parmala."
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 85