Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 85

Author Topic: FEF: Demon Soul Saga IC Thread: Chapter 3: Hunt for the Eighth God  (Read 70288 times)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Demon Soul Saga IC Thread: Chapter 2: White Fields / Temple Garden
« Reply #645 on: March 20, 2022, 08:11:03 am »

Tsukasa doesn't reply to Mori getting in his face, his expression focused entirely on getting through the corridors.

A few Onibi erupt from the walls, robed, looking like incarnations of Death itself. Before Mori can react to them, however, Mori swears he sees Tsukasa's hands briefly morph, silvery white metal gauntlets appearing on them as he swings them to the sides, before the Onibi attempting to waylay them burn to a crisp, dissipating into black smoke with him even breaking stride or saying a word. When Mori sees Tsukasa's hands again, however, they've reverted to normal.

The sound of fighting can be heard nearby. The Domain must be close by, and someone must already have opened it.

Aika/Shiro
The attempt is almost too successful, as neither Onibi even attempts to stop Shiro from cutting them down in one fell swoop. Whatever is happening in this odd Domain, the Onibi seem to be far more interested in killing each other than Shiro.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: March 20, 2022, 08:26:44 am »

Mori sighed.

”Fine then,” he replied, attempting to calm his voice ”You’re right, there’s a time for moving lips and a time for moving feet.”

Mori returned to running down the hall, slipping past the Onibi that tried to grab him, and heading towards the realm entrance.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: March 20, 2022, 11:02:35 pm »

Proioxis followed quickly and launched both tables at two different Onibi, knocking them both from the walkway and clearing the path.

"I'm guessing the biker ones are Daiya's. I must have really put some fear into that boy's heart. Weird that they're fighting each other, but hell, should give us a good distraction to slip in there and make a rescue."

She turned back to Misa and Masaru.

"Come on, guys!"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Unlurking Sentinel

• Bay Watcher
  • 6e 6f 74 20 61 20 72 6f 62 6f 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: March 21, 2022, 03:18:35 am »

"Are you seriously-" Masaru had been trying to maintain his Kaijin identity as a secret, and both Honda and Kasuga had just done their best to implicate him as much as possible, in front of a man who could not be trusted to keep a secret, before he could put together a reasonable version of reality otherwise.

He was strongly tempted to throw together a story that had any chance of working, but in the end, that would only risk his reputation. If there was anything he couldn't afford to be known as, a known liar was at the top. No, there was only one way to protect his pride...

"My eyes and ears, Vasusena! Ignite! Illuminate!" Consumed in burning light, Vasusena immediately prepared and drew his bow in the most elaborate fashion he could, before firing an empowered shot directly through one of the hooligan onibi, and turning back to Sugiura.

"I doubt I could convince you to hide this if I tried, so consider this an official, public statement. Our Lady of Hermelin's Student Council does not tolerate the willful proliferation of Akuma."

"Nor does it tolerate the irresponsible weaponization of school property worth many thousands of yen each! What were you thinking?!"
01101110 01101111 01110000 01100101 00101100 00100000 01100100 01100101 01100110 01101001 01101110 01101001 01110100 01100101 01101100 01111001 00100000 01101110 01101111 01110100 00100000 01100001 00100000 01110010 01101111 01100010 01101111 01110100

Final Fantasy Emblem on Forums

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: March 21, 2022, 02:11:12 pm »

Tadano Team
As Masaru turns around to make his rant, he notices....that Sugiura isn't even around. It seems he did, indeed, take the advice.

The Onibi barely even react to Masaru, Akihiko or Mildred's presences in the Domain, scarcely even defending themselves. They are, indeed, more engrossed in fighting each other than the newcomers, as more tumble into the vats while fighting. One of the hooligan Onibi is sent tumbling into the depths below, only for its counterpart robed Onibi to immediately seek out a different biker Onibi to fight. Akihiko takes a moment to walk up to one and tries to wave his hand in front of it. The Onibi brushes him aside, continuing to fight.

"What the hell...."

Mildred, Masaru, Akihiko and Misa have nearly reached the end of the walkway, leading into a corridor deeper into the Domain. The corridor doesn't resemble the rest of the Domain they've seen so far; it is well lit, with white walls, shiny oaken floors and stained-glass windows with...

"Those windows....that design on them. That's Sakurajima. But this is.....Kaneko's Domain, right?"

Sakurajima Team
The party, led by Tsukasa, reaches the open Domain door that Aika and Shiro ran into. Tsukasa glanced back at Mori.

"Do you have any idea what's going on? Whose Domain this is?"

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: March 21, 2022, 02:59:44 pm »

Mori took a quick glance at the door, the style reminding him of some of the theatre halls he'd performed at with various groups. He looked inside the doorway. The elegant halls and the shining floors, pristine and beautiful like a premier concert hall. Already, he had a solid grasp of who had created this door, and his hand was tightening around his staff in anger, but his beliefs were confirmed with just one look at the windows, decorated with Sakurajima over and over.

"Someone," he said the word with immutable disdain "caused Miyazono's akuma seed to activate. Those onibi were likely his, seeking out Sakurajima and bringing her to him. It seems he knew more about her illness than he let on, or that he was informed by an outside influence. Additionally, this means there are two domain doors, since we know Kaneko became an Akuma as well."
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #651 on: March 21, 2022, 03:25:23 pm »

"Hmph. Stupid things." She continued her stalk down the halls, trying to find her way toward the epicenter of this nonsense interrupting her day. Her progress was slow, mostly because she stopped to hack at every onibi that she considered to be in her path.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: March 21, 2022, 08:47:12 pm »

"They'll be fine, just like last time."

It was obvious Mildred hadn't connected the dots that the reason none of the property had been damaged last time was because it was Domain stuff that just happened to look exactly like the school. She turned to Akihiko.

"Maybe some weird mix since there are two Akuma so close to each other. Maybe they're fighting for the top dog position. That just helps us out because we can swoop on in there while they're distracting each other, save Saya and the student council, and then pummel both of them. Miyazono a little less so because he seemed like a decent guy, but Kaneko deserves a second helping of a can of whoopass."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: March 22, 2022, 08:52:19 am »

Tadano Team
Akihiko thinks briefly.
"If Miyazono's in here....oh no. Someone told him about what was going on with her. We have to find him. If it's anything like last time, the exit to this Domain is probably at the center, and Saya'll be there too-"

The pair's conversation is suddenly interrupted by an Onibi being hurled into a nearby wall, splattering with a sickening crack, before falling to the ground, motionless, fading into a burst of metal parts.

"Pick on someone your own damn size!"

A tall, muscular figure walks forwards, Amamiya uniform on clear display. With him is Saya and, surprisingly, a smug-looking Sugiura. The chain that yanked Saya in is still visible on her ankle, albeit fading away with the Onibi that threw it.

"....Akutagawa?"
Jin simply grins as he cracks his knuckles.
"Kasuga? That you? Damn. I didn't know you were one of us now. Guess that's Honda with you, huh? And who are these two other nerds?"
He gestures towards Masaru and Misa.

Sugiura simply shrugs.
"Told you I was tight with Akutagawa."
Saya runs over to Akihiko, giving him a quick hug, equally as quickly reciprocated.
"Akkun! I'm so glad you're here. Don't worry, I'm fine. As soon as I got yanked in here....these two showed up."
"Sugiura called me as soon as something went down. Well. Couldn't resist a fight."
"I heard Koga and Kaneko yelling about something deeper in here somewhere. They're pretty deep inside. It's weird. I kinda....feel like I know exactly where, in this giant maze."
"Saya....damn. I'm glad you're okay. But....you should get out of here."
"Wouldn't recommend it. The Onibi dragged her in here for a reason and they'll just drag her back in. She's safer where we can keep an eye on her."
"No way! I'm not putting her in danger again!"

Sakurajima Team
Tsukasa notes his words briefly. His eyes linger on Shiro, slowly cutting their way through the Onibi.

"I'm guessing one of your friends is already in there? Come on, let's go. I'd like some answers myself. Sakurajima is one of your people, but she's my friend."

With that, Tsukasa calmly walks into the Domain, stalking off after Shiro.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2022, 08:54:17 am by IamanElfCollaborator »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: March 22, 2022, 09:13:46 am »

Mildred briefly depowered.

"Well hell, Akutagawa. Should've figured you for one too. That's my friend Misa and the guy is Demura, from the student council."

She walked forward and offered a fistbump, returning to Kaijin as she raised her hand to him.

"Let me reintroduce myself then. Proioxis, the winds of war. Thanks for grabbing Saya from these guys, but we still have more people to save. Show us your war face and let's start busting some Akuma heads!"

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: March 22, 2022, 09:44:28 am »

"I rather hope my friend is still in the theatre room, but yes, it seems Akari and Suzuki are inside, and I was already notified that Kasuga, Honda, Miyashita, and Demura were dealing with the other realm." Mori replied, following behind him, "And note for your consideration that we're here to save Miyazono just as much as Sakurajima."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: March 22, 2022, 07:45:26 pm »

Tadano Team
"Sorry, Kasuga. She'd be safer with us. Trust me."
"...Akutagawa-"
"It's fine, Akkun. You'll protect me, right?"
"I'll do my best."

Jin turns to Mildred, cracking his knuckles.
"My war face? Alright then. Let's do this! I've always wanted to fight alongside you and Kasuga, ever since that thing with Kaneko! Let's go!"
He raises his fists in a boxer's stance.
"Blow 'em away, Aegaeon!"

Water surges out of nowhere around Jin, increasing his already considerable size further as his figure is covered in blue armor, four arms protruding from his shoulder-joints, a blank faceplate with a single, red eye.

The Ocean King, third of Mishima's strongest Kaijin, had appeared.

"Alright, Honda! Kasuga! Let's bust some heads! .....Kasuga? Why are you staring at me like that?"

Akihiko has Saya behind him, studying Aegaeon -Jin- closely. His fist is clenched.
Hang on. That's....he attacked us in Saya's Domain but....this doesn't feel right. Something's off.
"Uh...Kasuga? Hello? Weren't here to save....was it, the council prez and her boyfriend?"

Sakurajima Team
Tsukasa simply grunts in response. He didn't quite seem to have the patience for Mori at the moment.

As they follow closely behind Shiro, Tsukasa suddenly stops. He holds up his finger, signaling something. From the expression on his face, it is as if he's sensed something.
"One second."

His hand, once again, seems to shift into a white, armored gauntlet, before he pulls back and smashes his hand into the wall to his left, before-
"S-Senpai!"
In a swift motion, Tsukasa sweeps Kanna behind him, as several robed Onibi pour out of the wall, staring intently at him, trying to get at Kanna.

"Sakurajima! Stay behind me!"
"W-wait, Senpai-!
"Trust me!"

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: March 22, 2022, 08:14:41 pm »

Mori snapped his fingers and jet black vines shot out of the ground, wrapping around the cloaked Onibi and literally squeezing the life out of them. Then he wordlessly slipped into Sakurajima's shadow.

Declared Guard Target: Sakurajima Kanna

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: March 22, 2022, 08:39:39 pm »

"Word of warning there, Akutagawa. Someone looking just like that tried to kill us the first time we turned into Kaijin - didn't have your voice though. Know anything about that?"

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: March 23, 2022, 03:31:24 pm »

Tadano Team
One of Jin's hands scratches his head, despite it being metal and probably incapable of being itchy.
"Eh? Another me? He tried to attack you? Tell me next time. It'd be pretty cool to kick someone's ass if they're trying to take my place. Sugiura, you know anything about this?"
"I'll admit, the idea of a Kaijin that can take someone else's forms is a little....scary. I'll look into it."
Akihiko shook his head.
"Can't be Akutagawa, anyway. The other one had purple eyes. His are red."
"Purple eyes, huh? I'll keep an eye out. Copy of me with purple eyes....sounds like one of those urban nightmares."

Sakurajima Team
The Onibi swarm around Tsukasa, trying to get at Kanna. Despite Mori doing his best to lock them down, more pour out, with one aiming an attack directly at him, a scythe being slammed into where Tsukasa's head should be.
"Watch out, Senpai!"

"Don't worry."

The scythe stops dead, clashing with cold, white steel.

Gawain's shield is on Tsukasa's arm, the hilt of a sword poking out of the top, as Tsukasa's hand grips the hilt.

"As you wish."
"Henshin, Gawain!"

Tsukasa draws his sword, a whirl of flames shaped in cherry blossom petals enshrouding the blade, slashing the Onibi in two. In a swift, fluid motion, he draws a ring of fire above himself; the moment the ring is whole, a ray of light covers Tsukasa entirely. His silhouette firstly changes to a figure appearing to wear a kimono, before changing to a familiar shape, heavily armored and a cape of flames behind them, before the light disappears, leaving the White Knight of Mishima.

Finishing the motion, he slices the remaining Onibi in half with his sword, them disappearing in a burst of fire, before sheathing his blade again. He extends his hand to Sakurajima, who takes it, allowing herself to be pulled up.
"...that should take care of them for now. Sakurajima."
"Senpai...you're the White Knight? All those stories..."
"Yes. We should keep moving. If Sawatari is right, Miyazono....he has to know about your sickness."
"Wait, he does? But I....I never told him. Impossible..."
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 85