Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 85

Author Topic: FEF: Demon Soul Saga IC Thread: Chapter 3: Hunt for the Eighth God  (Read 70237 times)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Demon Soul Saga IC Thread: Chapter 2: White Fields / Temple Garden
« Reply #435 on: January 13, 2022, 11:00:49 pm »

"I'm not lying just to keep up appearances. Gets in the way of getting to the truth."
Ms. Kurenai just lifts an eyebrow at Mori, before speaking.
"Well, since you're here, Sawatari, do you have any convincing reason we should take Sakurajima's request over Miyazono's request to help Tadano first? They might both be celebrities, but the Helper's Club is supposed to help everybody equally."
« Last Edit: January 13, 2022, 11:05:58 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: January 13, 2022, 11:09:03 pm »

"Well, you know me, Sensei, I'm not one to give information away for free." Mori stated, before his face and voice turned deathly serious.

"But trust me when I say, there is a greater degree of urgency to Sakurajima's request than she will admit."
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: January 13, 2022, 11:40:05 pm »

"Bah, you don't know shit, Sawatari."

Mildred pushed the door open and strode in like she owned the place. She confidently went to the table to half-sit on the edge of it.

"So I heard enough to know Miyazono is involved in both requests. Why don't we talk to him first and get his perspective on each? I can drag him here if you want."
« Last Edit: January 14, 2022, 03:23:27 am by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: January 13, 2022, 11:50:43 pm »

"There's a thing called confidentiality, Honda." Mori hissed "People have things they feel the need to hide, and I respect Sakurajima's secret enough that I won't repeat it like idle chatter. Besides, Sakurajima specifically asked for her request to be discussed in private, asking Miyazono about it would go against her wishes."
« Last Edit: January 14, 2022, 12:00:12 am by Smoke Mirrors »
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: January 14, 2022, 01:09:33 am »

"Only cowards need to hide. Just face everything head on, I say. Regardless, don't you think it's kinda weird he's involved in both of these things? There's gotta be something there to investigate."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: January 14, 2022, 01:26:21 am »

"Well some of us have problems you can't solve with brute force alone!" Mori shouted, before reigning his temper in.

"Regardless, Miyazono's involvement in Sakurajima's affair is hardly odd, the two are largely inseparable. However, I'll admit I did think he and Tadano were close, so his involvement in that affair, putting in a request on his behalf, is somewhat odd. Further, my original point still stands, discussing Sakurajima's request with Miyazono would be a breach of her trust, and would only serve to hurt both her and the helper's club.""
« Last Edit: January 14, 2022, 01:41:42 am by Smoke Mirrors »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: January 14, 2022, 01:40:37 am »

"Nonsense. There isn't a problem you can't solve by putting a fist in the right face. Or at least finding a healthy outlet to vent instead of bottling shit up like you're obviously doing. Consider that a tip from a soon-to-be member of the Helper's Club, here."

Mildred side-eyed Kurenai, keeping in mind what the teacher had said to her yesterday and what Akutagawa had told her, then glanced at Saya and Misa.

"Well, on the other hand, I guess you ain't the only one keeping things on the down low. Anyway. Sounds like both these things are girlfriend/boyfriend problems, so I dunno why they came to these two. Probably the only two people in school who know less about it than I do."

She chuckled at the thought.

"I guess I gotta ask, why are you invested in it? Got a crush on Sakurajima?"

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: January 14, 2022, 01:54:15 am »

"As theatre club president, it is my duty to protect those who work under me. I further extend that to other performing arts students in need of assistance. Anything else would be a dereliction of duty." Mori replied, "And any more information would be a breach of confidentiality. Though I can guarantee I have no interest in Sakurajima in any romantic sense. Even if I did, such interest would be futile in the face of her relationship with Miyazono. My interest in the two is purely that of one seeking to protect their subordinates."

Unlurking Sentinel

• Bay Watcher
  • 6e 6f 74 20 61 20 72 6f 62 6f 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: January 14, 2022, 02:27:28 am »

Masaru didn't think to look at his phone until after he came to the decision to meet with Tadano later. What incidental timing that it concerned the same person. He preferred discussing these things in person, when necessary, but he could hardly focus on his studies at the time anyways.

I haven't heard anything about it. We haven't talked outside of business.

He recalled musing the day before that maybe he had been overworking Tadano. Though that ultimately was not the focus of Koga-senpai's intervention, another scene from that meeting returned to him.

I do remember he tried to send a love letter recently, though. He left the out detail about it being misplaced in Koga-senpai's paperwork; regardless of Tadano's position, it felt somewhat gross to spread any club-related mistakes of a fellow Student Council member, especially his senior. I trust the Helper's Club will take care not to leak this?
01101110 01101111 01110000 01100101 00101100 00100000 01100100 01100101 01100110 01101001 01101110 01101001 01110100 01100101 01101100 01111001 00100000 01101110 01101111 01110100 00100000 01100001 00100000 01110010 01101111 01100010 01101111 01110100

Final Fantasy Emblem on Forums

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: January 14, 2022, 07:47:59 am »

Saya frowned for a minute.
"No, Sawatari's right, Honda. Sakurajima asked specifically to keep it private. The Helpers' Club does its best to fulfil the request according to the requester's conditions. Otherwise nobody would trust us to help them with their problems and we wouldn't have a Helper's Club. Even if we have to keep a secret or two."

Akihiko thinks carefully.
"We don't know that the requests are linked. Yeah, Sakurajima and Miyazono might hang out together, but it's not like they don't have lives outside of each other. Not that weird they made separate requests; if they were linked, Miyazono and Sakurajima would have made it together. From what I understand, Tadano and Miyazono go a while back; he, Koga-senpai and Tadano are next-door neighbours. That they're all friends doesn't really shock me."
"We also don't know that they're boyfriend/girlfriend things, either. I don't know if Tadano's attached and those rumours about Miyazono and Sakurajima could just be rumours. Although, Honda's right, why would they come to Saya and I for that?"

Ms. Kurenai just gives Akihiko an amused look, without saying anything.

Will do, Demura. Thanks!

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: January 14, 2022, 08:33:12 am »

"I don't have confirmation if they are dating or not. All I know is they don't seem to be embarrassed by the implication." Mori replied "As for the two of you, there's something of a rumor going around... perhaps I should put out a public service announcement in regards to it's current falsehood status, if only to prevent an artificially inflated belief in your ability to help in romantic matters."
« Last Edit: January 14, 2022, 08:35:33 am by Smoke Mirrors »

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: January 14, 2022, 09:02:01 am »

"Honestly, that's nobody's business but ours. They can think what they want. In any case, I doubt people would believe you if you said it. Also, we should focus on the clients."
Akihiko thinks again.
"Well, you said you keep an eye on other performing arts students. You know anything about Miyazono and Sakurajima that might help that you're actually willing to spill? Might help us make a decision as to which we go after first."

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: January 14, 2022, 09:50:50 am »

Mori took a deep breath. This would all be so much easier if he could just say "Sakurajima is very ill and due to her failing health, this request is probably time sensitive, not to mention potentially much more important than a bunch of idiots who've never had their first kiss trying to advise another idiot who didn't even request help themselves on how to get a date." However, that would be a breach of his promise to Sakurajima, to not report what had happened, and whatever honor he had was clear on the fact that Sakurajima's secret was something he should keep. He might be in the information business, but certain facts had reasons to stay buried. He thought for a bit before an idea came to mind. It... wasn't that far from a breach of confidentiality, closer than he would prefer, but it was at least something that they could have learned on their own, if they kept their ears open.

"I know none of you pay attention to rumors," Mori began, he spoke hesitantly and quietly, "but... rumor has it that Sakurajima has had to visit the hospital a lot lately."
« Last Edit: January 14, 2022, 09:52:25 am by Smoke Mirrors »

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: January 14, 2022, 10:31:47 am »

"That could mean she has a relative in the hospital she's visiting. Would explain why she wouldn't wanna talk about it; it's kinda private. Still, we can't just leave Tadano hanging. He did ask for our help; it's not in the Helper's Club spirit....I can't believe I just said that....to leave a client out to dry."

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: January 14, 2022, 10:51:01 am »

"A. No, he didn’t. Miyazono asked us to help him. For all we know, he doesn’t want or need help, and the matter could be entirely a misunderstanding." Mori replied "And if he does need help, could anyone here help him? Has anyone gone on a date, or kissed someone? We both know Sakurajima wants help, and we’re much more likely to be able to help her."

”Besides, we can just force Demura to help Tadano out, or I can get someone with relationship experience.”

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 85