Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 85

Author Topic: FEF: Demon Soul Saga IC Thread: Chapter 3: Hunt for the Eighth God  (Read 70162 times)

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Demon Soul Saga IC Thread: Chapter 1: Bright Moonfall
« Reply #255 on: December 22, 2021, 03:19:07 pm »

"The night is dark..." Pixie says to herself as she continues flying forwards, past the now slain Avenging Moon. "But that doesn't mean we can't light it up!" Catching herself on the fence as she flies past so she can spin around it once to bleed off some momentum, Pixie slides to a stop just beyond Saya's currently monstrous form. "Sorry about this Sayamoon, but it's time to get ELECTRIC."

Move to K6, use Ziana on Lunarian.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: December 22, 2021, 03:40:35 pm »

"Gah... I-It's okay! I'm fine!" Shoji called back after letting loose a blast of lightning, stepping to the side as the others began closing in, beginning to circle the Akuma. This was the first proper time she was hit, and it hurt. Leviathan seemed to give her some extra defenses, but whatever was controlling Saya was not messing around. Still, she wasn't out yet, and as Shoji ran to surround the Lunarian, electricity began to quickly form in her hand once again.

Shoji moves to J6 and uses another Ziana on the Lunarian
« Last Edit: December 22, 2021, 03:43:28 pm by GodofGamingRWBY »
Just some nerd who thinks they're a half decent writer.
FEF: Marks of Royalty links:
OOC
IC

Unlurking Sentinel

• Bay Watcher
  • 6e 6f 74 20 61 20 72 6f 62 6f 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: December 22, 2021, 04:18:29 pm »

Masaru had seen how most retaliations against the Akuma did relatively little to scratch her, compared to how easily the Onibi fell. This calls for a more tactical play. He bolted towards the former Akitsuki's flank, and with an elaborate, eye-catching motion, he drew back an arrow with a larger, blunter head.

Vasusena to I-6, cast Burst Bullet on Lunarian

"Her guard is broken, thanks to me! The rest is up to you!"

Ibaraki-Douji to J-8, cast Fiama on Lunarian
01101110 01101111 01110000 01100101 00101100 00100000 01100100 01100101 01100110 01101001 01101110 01101001 01110100 01100101 01101100 01111001 00100000 01101110 01101111 01110100 00100000 01100001 00100000 01110010 01101111 01100010 01101111 01110100

Final Fantasy Emblem on Forums

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: December 22, 2021, 05:40:09 pm »

As Mildred and Mori advance in the absence of enemies....
Quote from: Mildred
Proioxis casts Parmala!
Proioxis loses 4 MP!
Proioxis gains 3 MP for 3 turns!

Quote from: Mori vs. Loving Moon A
(Fantomas' Master of Disguise activates!)
(Mori's in Gawain's Shadow!)

Fantomas initiates!
Hit Rate: 93 to hit
Hit: 13, hit!
Loving Moon A takes 14 damage!

Loving Moon A is defeated!

....Misa's burst of lightning is answered with a rock, taken dead on.
"You....you fools! I am strong! I'm strong enough to protect him now!"
Quote from: Pixie vs. Lunarian
(The wind rises behind Misa!)
(Akihiko's Daunt activates!)
(Pixie's Fairy Glamour activates!)

Pixie casts Ziana!
Pixie loses 3 MP!

Pixie initiates!
Hit Rate: 92 to hit
Hit: 55, hit!
Lunarian takes 11 damage!
(Fairy Glamour activates!)
Lunarian loses 10 Hit/Eva for 1 turn!

Lunarian retaliates!
Hit Rate: 70 to hit
Hit: 36, hit!
Pixie takes 14 damage!

Distracted by Pixie, Leviathan slips in and strikes Lunarian with lightning of her own. As Lunarian prepares for a retaliatory blow, her faceplate is suddenly clouded by pinkish-purple sparkles, throwing her aim off as her blast misses.
Quote from: Shoji vs. Lunarian
(Shoji is uncertain....)
(Kurmunda is active...)

Leviathan casts Ziana!
Leviathan loses 3 MP!

Leviathan initiates!
Hit Rate: 74 to hit
Hit: 4, hit!
Lunarian takes 10 damage!
(Mark of the Beast activates!)
Lunarian is marked!

Lunarian cannot retaliate!

Masaru's own shot, however, is not similarly affected, as Lunarian releases an unholy screech in response.
"I have to....don't stop me from protecting Akihiko. I won't lose!"
Masaru isn't quite able to evade the retaliatory blast, almost knocking him to his feet.
Quote from: Masaru vs. Lunarian
(Masaru's efficiency is practiced!)
(Masaru has a reputation to uphold!)
(Shoji's Charisma activates!)

Vasusena casts Burst Bullet!
Vasusena loses 2 MP!
Vasusena initiates!
Hit Rate: Irrelevant
Hit: Autohit!
Lunarian takes 8 damage!
Lunarian loses 3 RES for 1 turn!

Lunarian loses a Life Point and a Press Turn!

Lunarian retaliates!
Hit Rate: 70 to hit
Hit: 65, hit!
Vasusena takes 17 damage!

However, Akihiko shakes his head, shaking himself out.
"Saya...I know this hurts. But....you didn't need to protect me then. But I will protect you now. I'm sorry."

Akihiko's foot bursts into flame, as he sprints at Lunarian....no, he sprints at a lamp post next to Lunarian.
"No! No!"

The young man grabs the post, leaping off the ground, spinning around the lamp in one swift, fluid motion, before launching himself off into the air.
"I'm sorry, Saya! But you have to go down! Now!"
Before Lunarian can move out of the way, Akihiko's foot collides into her, the flames exploding around the pair of them.....
Quote from: Akihiko vs. Lunarian
(Shoji's Charisma activates!)
(Akihiko will protect Shoji to the end!)
(Revolution is active!)
(Parmala is active!)

Ibaraki-Douji casts Fiama!
Ibaraki-Douji loses 3 MP!

Ibaraki-Douji initiates!
Hit Rate: Irrelevant
Hit: Autohit!
Critical: 15, crit!
Lunarian takes 59 damage!

Lunarian is defeated!

~~~~Map Complete!~~~~
You will receive 2 level ups.

.....and as the flames dissipate, Akihiko lands on the ground, an untransformed Saya in his arms. As he lands, using himself to cushion the impact, a small, black orb, a single thorn-like point jutting from one side, drops from Saya's unconscious body, clattering across the stones comprising the stone path, before shattering.

"...."
"Saya. Saya! Wake up!"

Behind them, Scathach, Gawain and Cath Palug dash to them, the remaining Onibi having been destroyed
"She's fine. It....takes a lot out of you, to become an Akuma."
"....there were so many...but is Akitsuki okay? Are you all okay?"
"Anyone need treatment? I can fix you. Be quick about it."
« Last Edit: December 22, 2021, 05:56:13 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: December 22, 2021, 05:56:48 pm »

As soon as Akihiko landed to the ground, Shoji felt the energy drain from her body, falling to her knees in one swift motion,

"I... I c-could use some treatment... I-I'm not... Used to fighting like that..." Shoji stated, trying her best to catch her breath now that the adrenaline of battle was gone. Her earlier statement on getting used to this type of feeling was wrong: It was gonna take her a while to actually get used to this kind of stuff.
Just some nerd who thinks they're a half decent writer.
FEF: Marks of Royalty links:
OOC
IC

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: December 22, 2021, 06:05:32 pm »

Mori's body felt not fantastic, he wasn't sure his mind was in proper working order, and it was starting to dawn on him he wasn't sure how to get out of a person's shadow once he'd gotten in, so he was quite happy that he was starting to get that degree of "don't think. Feel" that the others had mentioned, if only due to his mind being so overwhelmed with information he was largely incapable of thinking of what he was doing.

He pushed up on the air above him, feeling like his arm broke through a layer of plastic wrap when doing so, and felt his body reform, outside of Gawain's shadow.

"Yeah, pretty sure everyone's got an injury of some sort, though some of us are just scratch damage. Demura, Miyashita, Akari, Kasuga, Shizuko, and Mermaid girl seem the most damage, so help them out first." he replied to Gawain, too tired to push himself to copy his own voice. Fortunately, he thoughtlessly waved his arm in the air and his body shifted back to his kaijin form, and he started putting weight on his cane.

He walked over Shoji and put his hand on her shoulder. Silver mist floated from his hand and circled Shoji, before fading away in the light.

"What now? I assume you'll be watching Akitsuki to keep her safe."
« Last Edit: December 22, 2021, 06:23:35 pm by Smoke Mirrors »
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
  • Mage Lord in a Lonely Storm
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: December 22, 2021, 06:26:05 pm »

It was over.

Yui let Marc'heg Gwer's axe disappear within the suit of armor before she approaches, just a little bit. Listening in on the general discussion and only reacting when the White Knight asked about everybody's wellbeing.

"I-I'm fine... ... Thank you..."

She's unaware if he recognized her. He probably saved many people in the past and she doesn't perceive herself as especially memorable in the first place. But that's fine too. The White Knight will always serve as an inspiration, and her newfound power gives her a degree of confidence. Confidence, and anonymity.
Plus, it's not only him Yui cared about amongst the people currently present.

"Akitsuki-san... She... always liked to trouble herself to make others smile, didn't she?"

A moment of hesitation before Yui continued.

"I don't know much about how one becomes an Akuma and how one becomes a Kaijin instead, but... she must have been sad about so desperately wanting to make people happy, deep within. Right?"

Unlurking Sentinel

• Bay Watcher
  • 6e 6f 74 20 61 20 72 6f 62 6f 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: December 22, 2021, 07:38:22 pm »

Masaru was, frankly, surprised that he was able to keep his footing after the brutal shot he took, especially knowing his normal pain tolerance. Though of course, it didn't take long for the adrenaline to wear off and for him to collapse into the asphalt.

"...I hope you all.. appreciate the work I did... Even if I let that Kasuga get the glory in the end, he wouldn't have stood a chance without my stratagem!"

Even still, even with that barrier he had been given, he was surprised that he kept consciousness at all. So this is the strength of a "Kaijin", the strength now revealed unto me...
01101110 01101111 01110000 01100101 00101100 00100000 01100100 01100101 01100110 01101001 01101110 01101001 01110100 01100101 01101100 01111001 00100000 01101110 01101111 01110100 00100000 01100001 00100000 01110010 01101111 01100010 01101111 01110100

Final Fantasy Emblem on Forums

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: December 22, 2021, 08:01:07 pm »

As Aika's song reached a coda and faded off into silence, the kaijin-idol moved forward with the others, peering anxiously over the shoulder of one of her armored peers at the comatose girl in Akihito's arms.

"I'm sure that's a part of it.  Probably a big part of it, with as hard as she worked for that club thing she was doing.  But..."

The so-called mermaid paused, glancing between Akihito and Saya.  Only on hearing Scathach mention that Saya would be okay did she relax, letting out an audible sigh of relief.

"I think that's between her and Kasuga-san first, right?  Those two were always really close.  If she wants to talk to others about it, then they can wait 'til she's feeling a bit better."

Aika gave the green knight a cheerful tap on the armored shoulder, then raised the same arm to wave over at the more experienced kaijin.

"Hoooooi, White-Knight-san!  I think I've got the hang of this healing stuff, and I've gotten worse bumps than this in practice, so let me help out a little.  I don't think Aiuchi (whichever one of these people is Aiuchi) or I would have made it out of here if you and Neko-chan hadn't shown up when you did, so I already owe you anyway~"

Aika hummed, stepping toward the recently-collapsed kaijin as the tips of her fingers began to glow again.

"If you can take care of Shizuko-san, I'll try to make sure Doubled-Troubled-Strategem-sama here doesn't end up giving himself an aneurysm on top of his concussion."

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: December 22, 2021, 08:10:38 pm »

"Yeah, I'm the only one allowed to give Demura an aneurysm." Mori replied, walking over to the stated kaijin. He placed a hand on Aika's shoulder and a silver mist washed over her. As soon as it dissipated, he smacked Masaru lightly in the back of the head.

"Politics tip from the master manipulator, keep telling everyone how amazing you are and they'll vote for the other guy out of spite. It's best to have someone else to tell others how great you are for you. As someone who is a club president, there's a reason we have a treasurer, a secretary, and a veep."

He then turned to Aika.

"As for you, don't neglect yourself in the process of healing others. Akitsuki... no, let's avoid implicating her for what she was forced to do. Lunarian hit you rather hard for being too close to her boyfriend. You need some medical attention too. Your pain is as important to be seen to as others."
« Last Edit: December 22, 2021, 08:23:11 pm by Smoke Mirrors »
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: December 22, 2021, 09:15:33 pm »

Aika winced slightly when Fantomas grabbed her shoulder, but quickly waved it off, gesturing as if to shoo him away from her proposed patient before he could smack him again.

"I'm fine, I'm fine~!  Really, if a few rocks could keep me down, I'd be in way bigger trouble than that."

Aika waved her hands, wiggling her fingers as if to prove the point, before turning back to her patient.

"Anyway~ Demura-san, huh?  Aren't you treasurer this year?  Kinda surprised it's you under there, though I guess it kinda-sorta-almost makes sense.  I know we've never really spoken much, but please, hold still; I'll have you back to counting beans and balancing budgets for the council before you know it~"

Aika shook her hands again, holding them up and letting the light, channeled by a sweet, melodic voice, patch up Masaru's wounds.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2021, 10:34:21 pm by Lucus Casius »

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #266 on: December 22, 2021, 09:47:29 pm »

Shiro grumbled something under her breath about everyone else being treated first, but didn't choose to make an issue of it. Instead, she elected to be obnoxious in another fashion.

"Okay, so we beat the tar out of Kasuga's girlfriend, now what?"
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: December 22, 2021, 10:49:51 pm »

"Now we find another Akuma and do it again!"

Mildred clenched a hand at waist level as the wind around her coalesced into a large, multi-armed figure hovering just over her shoulder, at the very edge of visible.

"This is what I've always wanted! A clear-cut fight, and winning means saving lives!"

She turned from Akari to Gawain.

"Take me with you. I think I've proven my worth."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: December 22, 2021, 11:15:43 pm »

"I kinda gotta ask, because while this has been great and all..." Pixie states as she flies up to the others and spins her finger around to indicate the battleground.

"...having, what, six, eight people all of us go magic and potentially monster-ish at once, that seems like an interesting event that makes me wonder 'hey, why now, and why everyone at once.'"

"Is there some sort of dark lord hanging around town that causes this kind of thing, or what?" Pixie casts an inquisitive, if black eyed from where the rock hit, glance at the two, three if you count the robot catgirl, veterans in the room.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2021, 11:22:58 pm by Happerry »
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: December 22, 2021, 11:30:12 pm »

"Oh, if we're doing questions, we should probably know, the vigilantes that attack former Akumas, how worried should we be about those?"

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 85