Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 85

Author Topic: FEF: Demon Soul Saga IC Thread: Chapter 3: Hunt for the Eighth God  (Read 70105 times)

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Demon Soul Saga IC Thread: Chapter 1: Bright Moonfall
« Reply #150 on: November 30, 2021, 09:41:47 pm »

"S-So we just need to get to the entrance right? At least to make sure Akitsuki-san is alright? But... Erm... What if there's more people in the school? I'd... R-Rather not meet an Akuma, b-but if we leave people here..."
Just some nerd who thinks they're a half decent writer.
FEF: Marks of Royalty links:
OOC
IC

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: November 30, 2021, 09:42:40 pm »

"Kasuga's my friend and she's his friend. Dunno why you think it's weird I wouldn't know her name, it's not like I expect you to know the name of the guy who's practically always three spots behind me during street races. That'd be Daiyama, by the way. Boy needs to learn how to lean into corners. Anyway she was in pain when she disappeared and I don't know how she got to the entrance in the blink of an eye, but if she's in trouble or hurt we probably ought to go get her. If we heard her crying, those monsters probably heard her too, and I think it'd be better if we found her first."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: November 30, 2021, 09:47:07 pm »

"...yes, if she's in immediate danger, that makes her a more immediate concern." Mori conceded, "Very well, let's head to the entrance. If we run into one of those rock tentacle things, then you, Kasuga, and Akari should try to distract it while Demura, Shizuko, and myself try to get to Akitsuki and get her to safety. Does that sound like a reasonable plan?"
« Last Edit: November 30, 2021, 11:31:47 pm by Smoke Mirrors »
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: November 30, 2021, 09:50:34 pm »

"Just leave the fighting to me and Kasuga. As long as we all make it out safe, I'll take on anything in our path."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #154 on: November 30, 2021, 10:21:54 pm »

"Don't count me out, there."
Realizing her mistake, she made a belated addition.
"The Akari are always prepared to defend themselves, you know, and I'm no different."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: December 01, 2021, 01:51:21 am »

Chiyo releases Misa's shoulders, confident that she's gotten her attention. She begins guiding Misa towards down a corridor.
"It's a Domain. It's....you know what an Akuma is, right? They're....they're what people turn into, when their inner demon takes over. You have one too, and someone woke it up. But don't worry, I don't think you'll-"

Chiyo suddenly sharply inhales and yanks Misa back, as a metallic tentacle smashes into the column they had just been walking past. The mysterious girl places Misa behind her, as a moon-like floating creature, bronze tentacles flailing, with a green, gem-like eye, floats into view, staring them down.

"These are Onibi. Akuma create these creatures instinctively to protect them in their Domain. When I say the word, run."

Misa notices the air begin to ripple around Chiyo, like air in a hot desert forming around her....

"Run where?" Misa asks as she backs away from the flailing monster, trying to hide the trembling in her arms by grasping her school supplies tightly.

"What if there's another one around the corner?"

Truely, this seems an apt reminder of a saying she hadn't really understood before, Misa thinks half-hysterically. That being that an adventure is something unpleasant happening to someone else, somewhere else, and right now she'd definitely prefer this to be happening to someone else, somewhere else, even if it was a thing right out of the stories she read so often.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: December 01, 2021, 02:28:12 am »

"Don't count me out, there."

"The Akari are always prepared to defend themselves, you know, and I'm no different."

"I'm guessing you must be in the Kendo club then? Too bad we don't have an actual sword here for you, but at least that makes three of us who can fight."

Broadly speaking, that was true. Mildred had absolutely no martial art or combat sport training, but she was strong as hell, pretty tough, and was more than willing to completely wreck everything in the vicinity to win a fight.

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
  • Mage Lord in a Lonely Storm
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: December 01, 2021, 03:55:05 am »

Yui was rather surprised when her cheeks were suddenly pinched.

"Ah, ouch!"

She rubbed her cheeks as she listened to Aika.

"R-running around during an Akuma attack doesn't seem like a good idea..."
"... But you're right, this is not a good hiding place. And..."
"I'd like people to help me during an emergency... It wouldn't be fair to not at least try helping them."

She turned towards the cafeteria doors before looking over her shoulders towards Aika.

"Lead the way, Suzuki-san."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #158 on: December 01, 2021, 12:36:56 pm »

Shiro shook her head.
"No, it's out of school. But yeah, I'm okay with that plan, I suppose."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Unlurking Sentinel

• Bay Watcher
  • 6e 6f 74 20 61 20 72 6f 62 6f 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: December 01, 2021, 02:07:41 pm »

"If a member of the Akari family were in any of the clubs, I would've known." Masaru, familiar with both the school's clubs and the major families of Kaname-cho, had sought to respond himself, before the subject elected to. "Though I suppose private Kendo lessons would line with their tastes. Ever trapped in their bygone past, that family."
01101110 01101111 01110000 01100101 00101100 00100000 01100100 01100101 01100110 01101001 01101110 01101001 01110100 01100101 01101100 01111001 00100000 01101110 01101111 01110100 00100000 01100001 00100000 01110010 01101111 01100010 01101111 01110100

Final Fantasy Emblem on Forums

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: December 01, 2021, 05:07:55 pm »

Chiyo doesn't look back at her.
"Just trust me."
She inhales.
"Arise, my true form, Cath Palug!"
[Now Playing: Theme of Chiyo ~Danger Zone~]
A transformation would normally be grander in the sort of stories Misa read. More sparkles, more thunder and lightning.

But this, this was understated. It was comparable to a snake shedding its skin, except not. It was too quick, too smooth. One moment, Chiyo was there, and the next, in her place was a tall, slender, feminine figure, body with only a few chinks around the joints, and a tail that flicks about despite being made, to Misa's eyes, of solid metal. A white, silvery scarf flowed off her neck, the end fading into the air rather than having a solid border. Her head was almost featureless, vaguely resembling a cat's, with large, yellow pupilless eyes.
"Now. Run!"

The tentacled creature lunges for Chiyo, but Chiyo - or whatever she has become - dodges out of the way, impossibly fast by human standards. Chiyo extends her hand, and a burst of iridiscent lights flashes out, looking almost cartoonish, like two-dimensional effects overlaid on reality, bursting from her hand, disappearing and bursting out of the creature in a flurry of polka dots, geometric designs and other shapes that would look more in line with modern art than reality. The creature unleashes a metallic screech, before smashing into Chiyo, throwing both her and the cat-like humanoid away. The path, however, is clear for Misa to run.

Yui and Aika are suddenly interrupted.

Specifically, by seeing a person being thrown into a wall right in front of them. At closer inspection, they're taller and thinner than any normal human has any right to be, resembling a cat-like robot, large yellow eyes, followed by a tentacled, rock-like monster.

Akihiko shakes his head.
"I'm grabbing Saya, Mori. She's my responsibility. No other objections."
He walks off towards the entrance.
"Now let's go. If we run into anyone else, let's grab them and get out of here."

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: December 01, 2021, 05:27:35 pm »

Mori sighed. "Very well," he replied, "I trust that should an emergency arise, you'll be able to figure out for yourself if you need to change your position, but I won't try to dissuade you until then. Time is of the essence, as any second we stand here is another that someone could be in danger, including ourselves."

Mori followed behind Akihiko.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: December 01, 2021, 07:57:13 pm »

"I'm right behind you, Kasuga!"

Mildred readied her weapon and fell into step at Akihiko's left flank, just a pace behind him.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: December 02, 2021, 09:10:05 am »

As the group of students make their way down through the school, odd sounds echo through the Domain. Sounds of metal breaking stone, the sound of a roaring flame, a few voices.

Akihiko inhales sharply, and suddenly yanks Mori towards himself, pulling away.
"Look out!"

Shoji, Masaru, and Shiro barely manage to avoid the wall to their left exploding inwards, as Mildred, Akihiko and Mori are split from the party. Through the newly created wall, emerge not one, not two, but five of the same rock creatures that Akihiko, Mildred and Shiro barely managed to get away from one of. Processing the situation quickly, Akihiko moves swiftly.

Akihiko looks to Shiro and Mildred.
"We can't fight that many! You two, go for the eyes and get over here! Shizuko, Demaru, get over here, now! Mori-"
The boy notices a tentacle swinging for Mori. Without skipping a beat, he pushes him aside and away from the tentacle, getting swatted in Mori's place and thrown into a wall, bouncing off of it with a groan.
"Damn..."
The creature that struck Akihiko rounds on him, tentacles flailing again for another chance to hit, while Akihiko pulls himself to his feet, fists up.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #164 on: December 02, 2021, 09:24:42 am »

"I thought you just said we couldn't fight these!" Despite her words, Shiro is already charging, swinging her improvised weapon for the eye of the thing that hit Akihiko - if that's what it actually was, anyway - with a swift, practiced motion. "Get moving, then!"
GM of Trespassers V2.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 85