Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 85

Author Topic: FEF: Demon Soul Saga IC Thread: Chapter 3: Hunt for the Eighth God  (Read 70099 times)

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Demon Soul Saga IC Thread: Chapter 1: Bright Moonfall
« Reply #120 on: November 29, 2021, 08:54:53 pm »

As silent and attentive as she could be, Shoji couldn't help but jump when Masaru appeared, having to take a step back with a hand placed on her heart to calm herself as the two conversed. It felt odd being in the presence of both a member of the Student Council and the Theater Club president in the same place, and if that wasn't enough to make her feel insignificant, it was the two trying to lead the rescue attempt. Still, even as scared as she was, Shoji couldn't help but speak up, her voice small and quivering,

"U-Uhm... H-How do we know that Koga-san and Nanjo-san are... Erm... Here? Th-There wasn't anyone around when I-" Shoji paused for a moment, racking her brain for a term to explain the sensation of coming to this place, "-Uh... Came to, aside from Sawatari-san. A-Anyone could've been brought here or not."
Just some nerd who thinks they're a half decent writer.
FEF: Marks of Royalty links:
OOC
IC

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 29, 2021, 09:08:33 pm »

"We're not in a situation where the order of succession is the same as in school. I'm the leader as I have the greatest understanding of the situation we're in and have experience giving orders under pressure. When I find someone who is more fit for the role, I'll gladly hand it over to them. Right now, that's not you. Anyway, Shizuko is correct, we have no idea if the rest of the council even came here, I know my vice president did not. Our best bet is the cafeteria, since with all the people there, there's probably at least one or two who also arrived."

Mori began walking towards the cafeteria before he stopped.

"Earlier today, before I arrived here, I felt a cold stabbing pain in my neck with no cause. Does that sound familiar to either of you?"
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 29, 2021, 09:17:12 pm »

"A-Actually, yes. I-I did feel something like that. A-Are you saying that..?"
Just some nerd who thinks they're a half decent writer.
FEF: Marks of Royalty links:
OOC
IC

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 29, 2021, 09:20:42 pm »

"We'll need to ask more people to be certain, but yes, I am suggesting the two events are connected. I am unsure of how, but we'd need to confirm before we go about looking for a connection that isn't there. How about you, Demura?"
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Unlurking Sentinel

• Bay Watcher
  • 6e 6f 74 20 61 20 72 6f 62 6f 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 29, 2021, 09:38:14 pm »

Masaru was about to rejoinder Sawatari's rejection of his authority, when he brought up the cold pain.

"A sharp pain in my neck? No, nothing. I did feel a strong chill earlier, but it could easily have been a fever. On second reflection, however, it felt like cold steel against my back..."
01101110 01101111 01110000 01100101 00101100 00100000 01100100 01100101 01100110 01101001 01101110 01101001 01110100 01100101 01101100 01111001 00100000 01101110 01101111 01110100 00100000 01100001 00100000 01110010 01101111 01100010 01101111 01110100

Final Fantasy Emblem on Forums

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: November 29, 2021, 09:43:45 pm »

"So that would be 3 of 3 for those we can ask now. Now then, we should get back to looking for more people."

Mori began walking towards the cafeteria once more.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 30, 2021, 12:54:34 am »

"Right behind you, Kasuga!"

Mildred brought up the rear, just a pace or two behind Shiro.

"...Honda, by the way. Don't believe we've met?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 30, 2021, 01:06:20 am »

Chiyo grabs Misa's shoulders firmly, but gently. She looks her, dead in the eye.
"Stay close to me, please. You are in a Domain. It's dangerous in here. I....I think I know why you're in here. If I'm right, I'm sorry. This is going to be....dangerous."
She takes Misa's hand.
"I will see if I can get you out of here."
Misa stiffens as Chiyo grabs her, but relaxes as Chiyo attempts to reassure her instead of doing something nasty.

"It's... what is this place?" Misa wonders before twisting to look Chiyo in the eye.

"You seem to know what's going on so I'll follow for now. But what's happening? What makes this sudden fog or... whatever it is, dangerous?"
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 30, 2021, 06:46:55 am »

One step, she was next to her friends. The next step, they suddenly vanished, together with all the other students, and she found herself in the middle of a strange environment. Strange, yet familiar to that one time in he recent past. Her eyes widened.

"Oh, no... No, no, nononono, nononoNONONO!"

Yui pressed her school back close to her body, clutching it tight, one hand placed on the White Knight plushie dangling from it and squeezing it in her panic that is building up. Her eyes shifted around rapidly, her head and torso twisted around to extend her field of view.

"Cafeteria's close... that's... not the worst place to be in."

She ran towards it, bag still close to her chest, and it didn't took long for her to see a somewhat familiar face at the entrance.

"Su, Suzuki-san? Oh, I'm glad I'm not alone here..."
"... oh no, you being here with me is bad, too... Quick, we need to hide!"

Aika had been on the verge of panic when, after closing her eyes and counting to three, she opened them to still find herself alone in the blue-lit cafeteria.  It was as if the entire world had abandoned and forgotten her, left to wander here in isolation until she, too, faded away.  Something out of a nightmare.  She'd been just about to bolt and run, to scream for the names of her friends and classmates in the hope that someone, anyone, would hear her.

"Aiuchi-san..?"

Yui's appearance was like a bucket of ice water tossed on her, immediately dousing her panic.  Aika closed her eyes and took a breath.  Then another.  And then another, as she might when preparing to rehearse a song.  Then the idol reached up, while Yui watched... and proceeded to pinch and tug at her own cheeks, as though punishing an unruly child, or to force a daydreaming middle-schooler to sit up and pay attention.  Or to check if one were still in the process of dreaming.

Given that her cheeks rather hurt after that, she could probably rule it out.

Aika shook her head, looking over at Yui.  While the idol was now calm, if confused and unnerved, her classmate seemed on the verge of panic.  But a focused panic.  Almost as if... she knew something about this, really.

"Aiuchi-san, what's going on?  Where is everyone?"

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
  • Mage Lord in a Lonely Storm
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 30, 2021, 11:49:01 am »

"Err... Something like that happened to me before, once... I got... ... attacked... by an Akuma..."

She suddenly jolted her bag forward, the swaying White Knight plushie in front of Aika.

"B-but don't worry! He saved me back then, the White Knight! And I'm pretty sure he'll be here in time too and everything will be fine again!"
"We just need to hide and stay out of sight. Everything will be fine."

Yui looked around for something that can serve as an adequate hideout. Something that serves as cover but can be ditched and escaped from easily in a pinch.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 30, 2021, 03:32:11 pm »

The tentacled beast begins to pull itself back up, recovering from the assault. Akihiko doesn't hesitate.
"Let's get out of here. If you're here too, it means there might be other guys who got sucked into this place with us. There's probably more of those things. Dammit."
He inhales sharply.
"Let's go. Get as many people as we can find, and then get to Saya."
He sprints off to the stairs, making sure Shiro and Mildred aren't far behind him.

Masaru, Mori and Shoji hear footsteps approaching them from a nearby staircase. As the voices get closer, Mori recognises at least one of them; it's Akihiko.

Chiyo releases Misa's shoulders, confident that she's gotten her attention. She begins guiding Misa towards down a corridor.
"It's a Domain. It's....you know what an Akuma is, right? They're....they're what people turn into, when their inner demon takes over. You have one too, and someone woke it up. But don't worry, I don't think you'll-"

Chiyo suddenly sharply inhales and yanks Misa back, as a metallic tentacle smashes into the column they had just been walking past. The mysterious girl places Misa behind her, as a moon-like floating creature, bronze tentacles flailing, with a green, gem-like eye, floats into view, staring them down.

"These are Onibi. Akuma create these creatures instinctively to protect them in their Domain. When I say the word, run."

Misa notices the air begin to ripple around Chiyo, like air in a hot desert forming around her....

Yui and Aika hear the sound of stone breaking nearby, a corridor away from them, along with two female voices nearby.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: November 30, 2021, 03:46:39 pm »

*"Oh thank you* Mori muttered. Akihiko, that was fortunate, someone who knew how to fight and wasn't an annoyingly violent boar.

"Kasuga, there are three people up here." Mori called out, his voice loud enough to be heard, but he was still warry of raising his voice.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #132 on: November 30, 2021, 03:55:23 pm »

"Akari." She squinted at the other girl for a brief moment as they ran. She seemed familiar, but now wasn't the time to sort all that out. Instead, she returned her attention to Akihiko.
"So do you actually have any idea what's going on here? Is this the crap all those rumors were talking about, the Akuma or whatever?" Then another voice. "Sounds like you were right about one part, at least."
« Last Edit: November 30, 2021, 03:57:59 pm by Chevaleresse »
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: November 30, 2021, 04:56:23 pm »

"Err... Something like that happened to me before, once... I got... ... attacked... by an Akuma..."

She suddenly jolted her bag forward, the swaying White Knight plushie in front of Aika.

"B-but don't worry! He saved me back then, the White Knight! And I'm pretty sure he'll be here in time too and everything will be fine again!"
"We just need to hide and stay out of sight. Everything will be fine."

Yui looked around for something that can serve as an adequate hideout. Something that serves as cover but can be ditched and escaped from easily in a pinch.

Yui and Aika hear the sound of stone breaking nearby, a corridor away from them, along with two female voices nearby.
Aika was admittedly unsure what to do with the plushie being waved in her face, but she at least managed to get the gist.

"That- An Akuma?  So this is..."

Before she could could continue, the idol stopped, tilting her head and listening to the sound echoing down the corridors to the cafeteria.  Aika took another deep breath, voice lowering with a faint urgency.

"Aiuchi-san- Aiuchi- Yui!"

Aika clapped her hands lightly to get the girl's attention, and then--before she could jump away in a panic--the idol reached up and pinched her classmate's cheeks, as she had done to herself mere moments before.

"Please, keep calm.  Listen.  You can hear that, right?"

Aika released the girl's cheeks, holding up a finger.

"There are other people out there.  If it's anything like what you saw before, then there might be something else out there, too.  If they're like me, they might not know what that is or what's going on.  And even if that something hasn't heard us, I think it might have heard them."

"On top of that... believe me when I say that the cafeteria is a terrible place to hide.  I've tried.  But~!"

Aika lowered her finger, then straightened up and gave the other girl a smile.  It was a bit strained, but Aika was nothing if not good at putting up a brave, cheerful front to inspire the same from others.

"Let's just promise to watch out for one another and go find somewhere safe to stay with the others, okay~?  We should be safe so long as we've got each others' backs and run from anything actually scary.  So there's no need to worry, right?"

"Like you said, your White Knight is sure to show up soon.  We just need to stick together and make sure everyone else does too until then."
« Last Edit: November 30, 2021, 04:59:47 pm by Lucus Casius »

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: November 30, 2021, 04:59:47 pm »

"If Honda's right, we're in one of those Akuma Domain things. Right now, I just want to get everyone we can get, find my friend, and get the hell out of here-"

Then Mori speaks. Akihiko looks down towards the corridor, where Masaru, Mori and Shoji are visible.
"More of you in here? Dammit. Did you guys see any floating....rock, tentacle things?"
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 85