Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 85

Author Topic: FEF: Demon Soul Saga IC Thread: Chapter 3: Hunt for the Eighth God  (Read 70081 times)

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Demon Soul Saga IC Thread: Chapter 3: Hunt for the Eighth God
« Reply #1155 on: September 03, 2023, 08:10:37 am »

"Well the toad asked me how many mid-battle breakdowns I was going to have, and I wasn't really able to answer him until just now and the voices in my head kind of reminded me of the question and I was trying to answer it in a... you know, you're really ruining the dramatic mood I was going for."
« Last Edit: September 03, 2023, 08:21:31 am by Smoke Mirrors »
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I知 running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: September 03, 2023, 10:26:55 am »

At that, Kanade snorts.
"...you know, if you let your guard down for a few seconds, Sawatari, you'd probably enjoy life a lot more."

She grunts.

"For the record, I really am sorry for not taking you seriously."
"It isn't easy either having the Mishima name. You're not the first one who's blamed me for the stuff my dad's company did. You're not even the first who's tried to take revenge, either."
"It's something you just have to take lightly after it happens so many times."

From a nearby rock, Nene, who has been hiding there the whole time, scrambles out.
"....damn it. Whoever you are, is Kanade alright?"

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: September 03, 2023, 10:53:49 am »

"Oh objectively not, in spite of my best efforts. But eh, you'll get over it, right? Or Gawain will help fix you up?"

"Anyway, about revenge... well, I hate that I can say this with a straight face, but the voices in my head are right. No matter what my personal feelings are, if I want to at all say that I want to protect the people of Kaname-Cho, I need to stop letting my own issues and complexes stop me from being as effective as I can be in fighting off the real threats. If it hadn't been for you, I would be dead right now, at best. So... truce? Just for the time being, until Andras is dealt with and this whole situation is done."

*"And, for the record, I was wrong. I don't think I hate you."*
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I知 running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: September 03, 2023, 11:05:45 am »

"That truck....."
Kanade sighs.
"Kaijin magic only heals your Kaijin form. There's only so many things that your human and Kaijin forms share. You're tougher than a normal human in human form and you'll survive stuff that'd kill a normal person, and you're immune to sickness and age a little slower, but if you get hurt in human form, you'll need to heal the old fashioned way - with medicine and bed rest."
She props herself up.
"Kazami wasn't happy when I told him that his power wouldn't work on Majima because of that. I'll need to rest up at home. I feel like I bruised a few things after that."

She mulls over his words.
"Deal. I'll even train you how to use your Kaijin powers. It seems like you need it."

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: September 03, 2023, 01:54:12 pm »

"Thank you, definitely seems like that would be a big help." he replied "Now then, I think there's still the issue of saving Yagami."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: September 04, 2023, 03:24:51 pm »

"Yeah..."
Kanade nods.
"Let's go."

"Is there anything I can do?"

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: September 04, 2023, 04:59:09 pm »

"...uh yeah, is there?" He said, looking at Mishima "I mean, I could say trying to talk Yagami down, but that didn't really work last time, so if there's nothing else, I feel kind of opposed to bringing her to an active battlefield, unless this area isn't that safe either."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1162 on: September 05, 2023, 06:56:26 am »

U21, Crushing Blade after Yui aftacks
« Last Edit: September 07, 2023, 06:18:16 am by Chevaleresse »
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
  • Mage Lord in a Lonely Storm
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: September 07, 2023, 03:03:19 am »

"This is not your world."

With the tides turning in their favor, both literally and metaphorically, Yui advances to deal with one last straggler outside the main battle. Even if Jack's single-minded tantrum is currently empowering them, she can still do something to make it harder for the Onibi to reach Siren.

It's something, at the very least.

"You're just in a delusional dream, and it's time to wake up and face reality again. The reality that you're a goddamn loser."
"So empower your Onibi all you want. I'll stop them all while you get your ass kicked!"

V20, attack Possessive F with Powder Bloom.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: October 22, 2023, 09:24:47 am »

Tsukuyomi to N22, Branding on Jack
Ibaraki to N21, Oni-Kagura on Jack
Momotaro to R27
Oto-Hime to R28, Again on Momotaro. Oto-Hime to N27
Momotaro to O27
Pixie to S27

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: October 25, 2023, 09:18:21 pm »

"Die, die, die, die diediediediediedie!"
Quote from: Proioxis vs. Jack the Ripper
(Mildred's fists are raised!)
(Proioxis' Great Typhoon activates! +3 DMG, +10 Critical)
(Akihiko's Support activates!)
(Akihiko's Daunt activates!)
(Jack's Daunt activates!)
(Siren's Abyss Song activates!)

Proioxis casts Needle Run!
Proioxis loses 2 MP!

Proioxis initiates!
Hit Rate: 95 to hit
Hit: 9, hit!
Jack takes 34 damage!

(Jack's Evil Within activates! +6 DMG, +15 Critical)
(Proioxis gains +1 DR from Warding Wind!)

Jack retaliates!
Hit Rate: 79 to hit
Hit: 24, hit!
Proioxis takes 29 damage!

Proioxis is downed!
Flailing wildly, Jack manages, though not without taking a few hits in exchange, smash Mildred into the ground. He lifts up her limp body, stunned from the initial hits, by the head, presenting her to Akihiko.

"You see? You can't beat me, so giveupgiveupgiveup!"

His pace seems to pick up.

Over on the other side, Yui and Shiro tag-team on the empowered Onibi.
Quote from: Marc'heg Gwer vs. Possessive Slasher F
(Yui shall break free!)

Marc'heg Gwer casts Powder Bloom!
Marc'heg Gwer loses 3 MP!

Marc'heg Gwer initiates!
Hit Rate: 59 to hit
Hit: 9, hit!
Possessive Slasher F takes 10 damage!
Possessive Slasher F has Backfire for 2 turns!

Possessive Slasher F retaliates!
Hit Rate: 82 to hit
Hit: 75, hit!
Marc'heg Gwer takes 15 damage!

Quote from: Pyrrha vs. Possessive Slasher F
(Pyrrha's Counter is active!)
(Shiro's arrogance is overwhelming...)
(Shiro's pride is overwhelming!)
(Pyrrha's Deep Drive is active!)

Pyrrha casts Crushing Blade!
Pyrrha loses 4 MP!

Pyrrha initiates!
Hit Rate: 73 to hit
Hit: 39, hit!
Critical: 2, crit!
Possessive Slasher F takes 46 damage!

Possessive Slasher F loses a Life Point!

Possessive Slasher F retaliates!
Hit Rate: 90 to hit
Hit: 98, miss!

Saya leaps in, light flashing in her hands to cover Mildred, but Jack lashes out with a blast of shadows, throwing Saya to her feet.

Quote from: Tsukuyomi vs. Jack the Ripper
(Akihiko's Support activates!)
(Jack's Evil Within activates! +6 DMG, +15 Critical)

Tsukuyomi casts Branding!
Tsukuyomi loses 6 MP!

Tsukuyomi initiates!
Hit Rate: 79 to hit
Hit: 22, hit!
Jack loses 13 HP!
(Tsukuyomi's Illuminating Moonlight activates, marking Jack!)

Jack the Ripper loses a Life Point!

Jack the Ripper retaliates!
Hit Rate: 78 to hit
Hit: 7, hit!
Tsukuyomi takes 17 damage!

Seeing Saya thrown back by an attack seems to make something snap in Akihiko, and for the first time in the entire fight, he raises his voice beyond a low whisper.

"KI-TA-KAWAAAAAAA!"

His fist bursts into flame. At that, Jack seems to visibly cower for a second, before screaming back at Akihiko and lunging at him with a knife-
Quote from: Ibaraki-Douji vs. Jack the Ripper
(Akihiko feels so lost...)
(Akihiko will protect Saya to the end!)
(Saya's Support activates!)
(Akihiko is feeling sick...)
(Ibaraki-Douji's Bloodthirst activates!)

Ibaraki-Douji casts Oni-Kagura!
Ibaraki-Douji loses 4 MP!

Ibaraki-Douji initiates!
Hit Rate: 87 to hit
Hit: 6, hit!
Critical: 5, crit!
Jack the Ripper takes 118 damage!

Jack the Ripper is defeated!
-Ibaraki-Douji grabs the knife by the blade. With a low grunt, the knife melts in Akihiko's hand, molten slag dripping to the floor.

At that, Jack seems to lose all strength in his legs as he slumps to the ground.
"No. No. Nonononon-"
"Be quiet."

A flaming fist smashes into Jack's face. Then another. Then another. Then another. Then another. Then another.

Unlike Akihiko's usual practiced blows, these were more primal. His usual strikes were surgical, trained - the fighting style of a martial artist. This was the movement of a berserker. A demon.

This is the justice you seek, isn't it?

Another. Another. Another. Another. Anot-

"Akihiko, you....you can stop."

A gentle hand and Saya's voice pierces through Akihiko's haze as he raises his fist again, and he realises his fist is dripping with blood.

Jack - no, Mitsuru Kitakawa - is unconscious, held up by the collar by Ibaraki-Douji. He has long since shifted back into human form, probably during the beating Akihiko was giving him.

Akihiko drops him, stepping back, as Saya looks at him.
"...Akkun, are you...okay?"

This is the scene that Mori and Kanade arrive to.

~~~~Map Complete...?~~~~
You will receive 5 level ups.
Akihiko receives the Hannya Charm: +3 DR, +5 DR under 50% HP.
Saya receives the Moon Mirror: x1.5 healing effectiveness, unit and adjacent allies suffer from debuffs and ailments for 1 less turn.
Mildred receives the Red-Tail Fan: When under the effect of Evasion bonuses, act as if gaining +3 AS.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2023, 08:53:23 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1166 on: October 26, 2023, 07:28:46 am »

"I hope you aren't expecting me to feel sorry for this bottom feeder. I would have put him in the hospital."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: October 26, 2023, 09:31:24 am »

"Shit!" Mori uttered. He was hoping that after the ordeal with Andras he'd come over to find the situation dealt with and they could all go home, but not like this.

He bit back a sharp reply to Akari, who was being extremely unhelpful. Focus Sawatari. Yagami is still an Akuma, we're still in a domain... Andras is still here.

"We need to deal with this later," he said, walking over to Honda and letting the silvery mist wash over her. "Momotaro, you grab the trash bag man. Gwer, an extra pair of eyes on Miss Shinomiya if you would, just in case. Pyrrha, Tsukuyomi, we need light. Everyone else, on guard. The other purple, masked shithead is still in here, and we can deal with everything once we're out."

*"What do we do about Yagami?"* he whispered to Scathach.

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
  • Mage Lord in a Lonely Storm
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: October 27, 2023, 07:11:35 am »

It all happens so fast. She fought together with Shiro to gave the main frontline some relief so they could focus on the main task. It was a tough one, but eventually it just... disappeared. The initial surprise got replaced by joy, for this sure meant they were victorious. Then she turned towards Akihiko to confirm it. Joy replaced by shock. This was a degree of ruthlessness she could never imagine Akihiko would possess. Yui runs towards the main group as things unfold. Shiro said something, but it comes in hollow and distant for her. Mori was also talking, and only by hearing her Kaijin name is she able to focus just long enough to listen. Looking out for Shinomiya. Her mind understands the order.

Her soul doesn't.

Yui is only capable of looking at Akihiko for the moment. Something broke and he is scared. Afraid. She realizes that much. But... something broke in Yui too. Akihiko is someone who helps. Who protects. After realizing that it was him who protected her from the bullies back then, she began cherishing him. A lot. Just shy of the White Knight, that how much she looked up to him. An inspiration to become a protector, a guardian of her own, for other people. A protector doesn't carry blood on their first and beat people to a pulp... do they?

Her head slowly turns in Mori's direction.

"... Consider it done."

Yui moves into position to look after Shinomiya, not realizing the tears flowing down.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2024, 02:18:15 am by SirAston »

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: March 18, 2024, 09:19:59 am »

The next hour or so is a blur.

Saya took Akihiko away after the group exited the Domain. Akihiko seemed....traumatised. As if something had broke in him. Akihiko hadn't said a word after Saya pulled him off of Kitakawa.

Yagami was fine, if rattled. Shinomiya took her away to get something to drink, something to cool her down with, but promised she would come back at some point to talk to the Helper's Club.

And Kitakawa? Hauled in front of a police station.

Everyone was going to need some time to process what had just happened or unwind.

Free Time has started.
Available NPCs for contact: Kanade, Saya, Nene, Kanna, Mamiya
//Rika and Franz may post.
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 85