Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 85

Author Topic: FEF: Demon Soul Saga IC Thread: Chapter 3: Hunt for the Eighth God  (Read 70098 times)

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
Re: FEF: Demon Soul Saga IC Thread: Chapter 3: Hunt for the Eighth God
« Reply #1125 on: March 23, 2023, 06:17:47 am »

Shiro ran forward behind Mildred, blade of light coalescing in her hand already.
"This is going to hurt. A lot."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: March 24, 2023, 08:56:26 pm »

As the group approaches Jack the Ripper, they see the Ripper pick up one of the Onibi Siren created by the face, his too-long fingers and too-large hand covering the entire face of the creature. It begins convulsing, darkness wrapping around it from the Ripper's fingers, before he drops it back down. The Onibi turns around, no longer resembling a mercreature, but now clad in the same tattered, dark clothing Jack is, with a bone-white mask stuck in a rictus similar to Jack's.

"That's more like it."

Siren's Onibi, seeing this, attempt to dogpile Jack, leaping at him and throwing their bodies at him to slow his advance. In short order, all of them fall prey to the same power he used to corrupt the first Onibi, warping, twitching. Some of them attempt to peel off the darkness from their faces in vain, trying to stave off the influence of the foreign Majin.

Soon, one by one, all of those that approached Jack have become part of his army, and gaze back towards the gathered Kaijin. Jack tilts his head, looking at the amassed group.
"Get Fuu-chan for me. Let nobody stand in our way."

And like a pack of slavering, ravenous beasts, the Ripper's Onibi surge towards the Helper's Club. Some of them are on all fours, others hobbling and limping. Some continue to twitch, clawing at their masks imposed upon them, but to no avail. As Jack advances towards the group, black cracks begin to erupt within the sands, damp muddy cobblestones and broken statues emerging from the ground and imposing themselves upon Siren's Domain. The cracks ripple out towards Siren's position, but stop as suddenly as they arrive, almost as if the true owner of the Domain's influence was keeping them from progressing further.

"No. No. Nonononononono..."
Siren's sobbing intensifies. Riku looks around worriedly, already in Kaijin form  and clutching his tonbo as the massed army of Onibi approach.
"Kasuga, what do we do? Kasuga?!"
Akihiko was silent, his fists clenched, trembling.

Mitsuru Kitakawa.

He was the worst. Someone so invasive, so lecherous, so disgusting. An affront to everything Akihiko stood for. He was here to evade justice, to visit upon someone weaker than him a fate undeserved. What foul plans he had for Yagami (or Futaba, she deserved to be able to sever her name from her past)...Akihiko couldn't abide it.

For weeks, he'd bottled it up. The anger at not being able to stop Saya from becoming a Kaijin, listening to that bastard Andras twist Otoya's earnest desire to save Kanna, watching people around him get targeted. There was whatever Mori was up to, but Akihiko didn't let that distract him.

But this was enough. Enough. The anger boiled in his blood. The desire to fight rose within him.

Your own two hands, Akihiko. You said it yourself. The justice you want to make with your own two hands. As long as you've got that undying thirst to fight, I will always be here.

A voice that was his and yet not his echoed in his head.

If you can't even save one girl from this creep, can you even seek justice for what that bastard did to Saya?

He swore he almost drew blood, glaring at Jack the Ripper. Was it vengeance? Justice? Bloodlust? Did it really matter?

Not in the here, not in the now, it didn't. He would tear the Ripper apart, limb from limb.
"...Tadano. Keep Futaba safe."
Akihiko advanced towards the mass of Onibi, cracking his knuckles.
"...Aki-kun?"
"I'm stopping Kitakawa."
With a flat voice, Akihiko - no, Ibaraki-Douji- set off to fight.

Riku turned to Siren, waving his arms at her to signal her.
"D-don't worry, Futaba! We'll protect you! We promise! Just help us help you!"
"..."

Siren appears to notice, but does not say a word in response. However, you sense that the remaining Onibi on her side - those that haven't yet been converted - seem friendlier to you.
"I've managed to detect the weaknesses of the Ripper's Onibi. I'm going to make sure Aki-kun doesn't get himself into trouble!"

Scathach and Andras' blades clash once again. She manages to shove him back again, as Onibi approach from the direction Nene was running to. Andras extends a hand and grabs one by the face before it can touch him. From the point of contact, shadows extend across its entire body as it convulses, before it is enshrouded in the same clothes as Andras, shadows where its face was once. He relinquishes his grasp, throwing it aside, as it glares at Mori.

With a grunt, Andras stomps the ground, pale ice expanding from the spot he created, pillars of ice casting massive, unnaturally dark shadows across the Domain. The Onibi caught in the ice undergo the same transformation as the one Andras grabbed. Kanade floats backwards, placing herself between Mori and Andras' Onibi.
"Majin can't create Onibi of their own, but they can corrupt the Onibi of other Domains to try to take them over," she explained. "The Onibi native to a Domain will respond to them like intruders, but a Majin's too powerful for them."

"The Black Princess of Calamity, and the Phantom of Hermelin's Opera. Feathers for the cap. If all goes well, everything I've done today will bring forth my chosen paradise a little faster."

Andras chuckles darkly as he brandishes a knife made of ice.

"I'll deal with Andras. You take care of his goons and give him nowhere to hide."
"Come then. Enjoy a taste of my world. Let me demonstrate the power of demons to those who reject being chosen."

Spoiler: Stats (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Map Info (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 24, 2023, 09:19:55 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: March 25, 2023, 08:27:03 pm »

"Nice party trick, but you need a hell of a lot more to even the odds! You even pissed Kasuga off, can you believe that? You're dead, jackass!"

Proioxis advances to M20 and awaits the enemy approach.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1128 on: March 26, 2023, 06:13:53 am »

AA23, Hika the Covetous Slasher
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: March 27, 2023, 06:26:28 pm »

Ok, so, bad news, he was trapped in a 2v1 against a sadistic nutcase with cheat skills, his hands were full with a civilian, and his partner was injured. Good news... he'd promised to kill him last?
Bad news 2: That was the closest to good news he had.

"Ok. Ok, think." he started to strategize "Those pillars... I can feel the energy radiating off them, just like Andras, and they look fragile. If I can break them, it might improve our chances."

"Or perhaps it will only make things worse? It's all you ever do, anyway. After all, what chance does a runt like you have against Andras? You're barely a kaijin, just a kid who avoided becoming an Akuma by mere chance."

*"Shut up"* Mori hissed under his breath. He could swear he could feel those fiery eyes staring at him even if he couldn't see them. He tried to convince himself the chill he was feeling was just from the ice as he pushed on.

*"Hey,"* he whispered to Scathach *"We need to get rid of those pillars, and I need to stand near you since if you go down we're all only slightly less fucked than the House of Thebes. You ok following my lead and staying close to me?"*

He moved like a greased shadow, dashing within range of the pillars quick enough to toss one of Reynart's kunai, moving away before he heard them shatter.

Reynart moves to M12 and uses Nala on the Pillar. Then Reynart moves to M9 and uses Nala on the Pillar. Guard target Scathach
« Last Edit: March 27, 2023, 06:30:18 pm by Smoke Mirrors »
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: April 04, 2023, 07:41:07 pm »

Siren Team
And the first sign of a counterattack was a hooded Onibi being smote from above, a blade of light cleaving through them from head to toe. The Onibi's mask falls off, shattering, before the Onibi itself screeches and explodes into dark, smoky wisps, swept away in the waters of the Domain.

Quote from: Pyrrha vs. Covetous Slasher G
(Shiro's pride is overwhelming!)
(Shiro's arrogance is overwhelming...)
(Pyrrha's Deep Dive is active!)

Pyrrha initiates!
Hit Rate: 62, hit!
Critical: 10, crit!
Covetous Slasher G takes 36 damage!

Covetous Slasher G is defeated!

The Onibi set their focus on Pyrrha standing within the shadows of the kelp, registering them as a threat.

Andras Team
Reynart darts around, trying to keep within range of Kanade.

"Don't take too long. I'll keep him off your back."

Each pillar falls down with a single strike, thorns breaking through the ice and sending the debris clattering across the ice and sand below.
Quote from: Reynart
Reynart attacks the Pillar!
The Pillar is destroyed!

Reynart
Reynart attacks the Pillar!
The Pillar is destroyed!

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
  • Mage Lord in a Lonely Storm
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: April 06, 2023, 12:57:41 pm »

"Things are overwhelming as always..."

Marc'heg Gwer swiftly advances into the fray.

"I still don't like doing this. I wanna go home and have my quiet life back..."

Scattering leaves gather around her left hand.

"... But... No way I can do that if that requires abandoning others. NALA!"

Despite her valorous words, something in her voice was... monotone, before she shouted her attack.

AA22, Nala against Hound E.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: April 15, 2023, 04:26:56 pm »

Riku to Z21 and Rush Posssessive D
Misa to AA21 and Zia Covetous H
Aika to Z22, Kurmala on Misa and Again Misa and Yui
If Covetous H is still alive: Misa Zia Covetous H
If Possessive D is still alive: Yui to Y21, Nala Possessive D
If anyone is injured: Aika Kia most damaged ally
If above conditionals are not met:
Yui to Z18
Misa to AA18
Aika to Z19
Saya to M21, Paramala on Mildred
Akihiko to M22
« Last Edit: April 15, 2023, 05:56:53 pm by Smoke Mirrors »
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: April 18, 2023, 07:55:15 pm »

The others at the front do their best to clear out the mass of oncoming Onibi, with Momotaro's fist destroying one, a blast of thunder reducing another to ashes as Pixie advances, and Otohime's power pushing herself and Marc'heg Gwer.
Quote from: Marc'heg Gwer vs. Hounding Slasher E

Marc'heg Gwer initiates!
Hit Rate: 70 to hit
Hit: 68, hit!
Hounding Slasher E takes 18 damage!

Hounding Slasher E retaliates!
Hit Rate: 95 to hit
Hit: 96, miss!

Quote from: Momotaro vs. Possessive Slasher D
(Momotaro's Tree-Splitter activates!)

Momotaro initiates!
Hit Rate: Irrelevant
Hit: Autohit!
Critical: 1, crit!
Possessive Slasher D takes 85 damage!

Possessive Slasher D is defeated!
(Riku is giving it his all!)

Quote from: Pixie vs. Covetous Slasher H
(The winds rise behind Misa!)
(Pixie's Fairy Glamour is active)

Pixie initiates!
Hit Rate: 83 to hit
Hit: 24, hit!
Critical: 1, crit!
Covetous Slasher H takes 39 damage!

Covetous Slasher H is defeated!
"I'm still not used to this...but please, Yagami-senpai, trust us! We'll protect you as best as we can!"

Quote from: Otohime
Otohime casts Again and Kurmala on Marc'heg Gwer!
Marc'heg Gwer may move again!
(Otohime's Living Currents activates!)
Otohime may move again!
Marc'heg Gwer gains +3 DR for 3 turns!

"Stay safe, Mildred!"
Quote from: Tsukuyomi
Tsukuyomi casts Parmala on Proioxis!
Proioxis gains +3 DMG for 3 turns!

~~Ally Phase~~
~~Siren v Jack the Ripper~~
The Onibi under the Siren surge in behind to cover the gap left by the advancing Kaijin.
Quote from: Fierce Retainer C vs. Hounding Slasher E

Fierce Retainer C casts Crushing Blade!
Fierce Retainer C initiates!
Hit Rate: 86 to hit
Hit: 33, hit!
Hounding Slasher E takes 21 damage!

Hounding Slasher E is defeated!

"Thank...you..."
Quote from: Siren
Siren casts Abyssal Rejection, targeting Adoring Slashers B!
Siren casts Curse His Name, targeting Jack the Ripper!

Siren casts Abyss Song on Momotaro!
Momotaro's Rush triggers elemental weaknesses for three turns!

~~Andras v Mori and Kanade~~
Quote from: Scathach
Scathach casts Charge on herself!
Her next Physical attack does x1.3 damage!

Scathach casts Revolution on herself!
Scathach gains +20 Critical but takes 5 extra damage for 3 turns!

~~Enemy Phase~~
~~Siren v Jack the Ripper~~
"Come, my pretties. Let's have some....fun."

The horde of corrupted Onibi surge forward, kicking up sand and rock in their wake.
Quote from: Covetous Slasher I vs. Fierce Retainer A

Covetous Slasher I casts Contagion!
Covetous Slasher I initiates!
Hit Rate: 82 to hit
Hit: 73, hit!
Fierce Retainer A takes 24 damage!

Fierce Retainer A is defeated!

Akihiko, for his part, remains dead silent, advancing forward with an aura quite unusual from him.
Quote from: Jack the Ripper
Jack the Ripper casts Obsession, targeting Akihiko!

~~Andras v Mori and Kanade~~
The shadows dart about, angling to get at Kanade, to pull her away, to keep her from protecting Mori.

In the blink of an eye, Mori has disappeared.

Beneath Kanade's feet, however, the shadows warp and bubble....
Quote from: Andras' Shadow F vs. Scathach
(Mori's Guard activates!)
(Mori does not want to be hit in the face...)
(Mori will be in Kanade's shadow!)
(Reynart's Attack Overturned activates!)
(Kanade's Support activates!)
(Scathach's Shadow Fortress activates!)

Andras' Shadow F initiates!
Andras' Shadow F casts Sickening Terror!
Hit Rate: 48 to hit
Hit: 56, miss!

Mori retaliates!
Hit Rate: 85 to hit
Hit: 26, hit!
Critical: 2, crit!
Andras' Shadow F takes 63 damage!

Andras' Shadow F is defeated!
One shadow is dragged into the darkness by thorns, shredded and torn asunder.

Quote from: Andras' Shadow D
Andras' Shadow D casts Ermunda on Scathach!
Scathach loses 10 Evasion for 3 turns!

Quote from: Andras' Shadow G
Andras' Shadow G casts Parmunda on Scathach!
It has no effect on Scathach....

Quote from: Andras' Shadow E vs. Scathach

Andras' Shadow E initiates!
Andras' Shadow B casts Sickening Terror!
Hit: 78, miss!

Mori retaliates!
Hit: 7, hit!
Critical: 15, crit!
Andras' Shadow E takes 63 damage!

Andras' Shadow E is defeated!
Another shadow is rent into pieces as they try to sneak up on Kanade, their knife clattering to the ground and disintegrating into nothing.

Quote from: Andras' Shadow B vs. Scathach

Andras' Shadow B initiates!
Andras' Shadow B casts Sickening Terror!
Hit: 48, miss!

Mori retaliates!
Hit: 93, miss!

Mori strikes twice!
Hit: 100, miss!
The final shadow manages to evade Mori's attack, as Mori fades back into existence, thorns whipping backwards into his body.

While the shadows converge upon the pair, they do not pick up upon one more shadow darting towards you.

Or, at least, Mori doesn't. Kanade is a lot faster.

The only warning Mori gets is the gleam of a sharpened knife, the wisp of melting ice, before Andras leaps from the darkness, a knife targeting his head-

-before the knife shatters, struck aside as Scathach swipes, her blade whipping out faster than any mortal man can blink.

Andras flinches, jumping backwards as Scathach places herself between Andras and Reynart. He wrings his right hand, rubbing it briefly as he cracks his neck.
"Not bad, Princ-"

He doesn't finish his sentence before a black blur slams into him fast enough that Mori is almost knocked off his feet from the sheer speed.

Quote from: Andras vs. Reynart
(Kanade's Guard activates!)
(Andras has found his anathema...)
(Andras is the flaw that corrupts!)
(Andras' Playground of Chaos activates!)
(Andras' Worm in the Book activates!)
(Kanade will accelerate beyond herself!)
(Mori's Support activates!)

Andras casts Brave Blade!
Andras initiates!
Hit Rate: 78 to hit
Hit: 79, miss!

Scathach retaliates!
Hit Rate: 82 to hit
Hit: 30, hit!
Critical: 32, crit!
Andras takes 129 damage!

Andras loses a Life Point!
Andras is thrown into one of the ice pillars with a resounding crack, cracks skittering across the surface of the opaque ice. His midsection, normally covered by the ragged, thick dark cloth that comprises his Majin form, has been torn open, revealing shadowy masses and wisps pouring out and fading like smoke in the air, the edges of the tear briefly smoldering violet.

He shakes his head, grunting as he pats at the hole in his body, the cloth slowly regenerating.

"....you're putting an awful lot of effort....in protecting some guy who hates you, Princess. You almost....got me with that one."

Scathach is floating right where Andras was mere seconds ago, hand swept aside.

"He can hate me all he likes. I'm never going to stop trying to convince him I'm not the enemy. Even if I don't understand why....even if I say something stupid and hurt him like an idiot, because I don't understand a thing about what he went through."
She flashes Mori a look briefly, as if to say "I'm sorry, for earlier".

"I get you now, Princess. The actress....no wonder. That's who you are, hm? Trying to escape your father's shadow. All those awards, all those platitudes....they won't get you anywhere."

Kanade visibly stiffens at the mention of her father.

"An actress trying to find the act that'll convince the world to take her seriously. Don't you think we all know the type? That's sad, isn't it? You know you'll never really be anyone but a Mishima, and your words mean nothing without action. You celebrities....you're all liars, putting masks on for the love of others. No substance.

A demon....a demon does as they please. No pretensions. No pomp and circumstance. We kill, we hunt, we plunder as we please. What is the point of all your words if all you are is an act?"

"You're not wrong. I like the idea of being the actress who shrugged off the burden of her name because of her skill. Maybe the Mishima name makes things harder than it does easier. After all, it took years for people to take me seriously and think I was something beyond my father's money. For all the good he did me."

She points her blade at Andras.

"But I am who I am. I'll take the Mishima name and make it mine, and if I can't, I'll make my own name. As an actress or as a Kaijin, stopping a toad like you before they can hurt any more innocent people. For Sawatari, for Majima, for Kazami...and for Yagami."

At that, Andras simply laughs.

"Such a climactic speech, Princess! You, Kasuga, Kazami....all the same! Fine, then. If you think you can end me here, bring it on!"
Quote from: Andras
Andras casts Concentrate!
Andras' next Magical attack deals x1.3 damage!

Reinforcements will arrive for Jack in one turn.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2023, 03:39:27 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: April 18, 2023, 11:10:02 pm »

Feeling like she's spaced out for some reason lately, probably for causes that are her own fault, Pixie flutters through the air to place herself between Siren and the enemies. "Not the time to lose track of things, me... We've got enemies to fight!"

Move to W23
« Last Edit: April 21, 2023, 04:14:01 pm by Happerry »
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
  • Mage Lord in a Lonely Storm
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: April 19, 2023, 05:48:01 am »

Marc'heg Gwer shifts her stance and moves backwards, towards the forest of seagrass.
"Otohime! You should be able to reach Ibaraki-Douji in no time. As long as that bastard stands, we're not getting anywhere, and you're good at this whole 'Make People Fight Harder' thing. I can hold the front and Pyrrha, Pixie and Momotarou are more than enough to defeat them all. Now go!"
She then murmurs to herself as she enters the seagrass, as if she remembered something that recently happened.
"... I'll show you that compassion is worth it, Gwer..."

Y 20, Nala against Covetous Slasher C.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: April 21, 2023, 11:19:31 am »

"You're not moving a single step closer!"

Akihiko to M18 and cast Rebellion on Mildred. Mildred moves to K18 and performs a Needle Run on Jack. If Mildred is hurt, Saya moves to L18 and casts Kia on her; if not, she will instead cast Branding on AdorA5.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: April 21, 2023, 12:39:25 pm »

Tap
Mori let out a small breath as silver mist floated off him and washed around Kanade, cutting through the curse inflicted by Andras's onibi. He didn't need to say anything, Mishima could handle herself fine enough...
Tap
But
Tap

"You're one to talk about a mask with no substance underneath." He didn't raise his voice, or even turn to look at Andras, but he made certain that his voice projected.
Tap

"I mean, we just saw what you look like without your cloak. A pretty familiar sight, to be honest."
Tap

"Kasuga, Kazami, Mishima... yes, they're the same type of person. Heroes with ideals to strive for." He finally turned to face Andras, "But you and I, we're the same type of creature too, aren't we? Oh, certainly there are some differences, but those are just skin deep."
Tap

"We both hate this world and look for the power to recreate it into one we desire. We're both willing to hurt anyone to see our goals through. We both hide in the darkness, putting on any face we need to meet our needs. We both spin lies and manipulate others to achieve what we can't ourselves."
Tap

"And at the core, we're both hollow darkness in a fancy costume. 'No pretentions'? Don't make me laugh, that's all you are. Trust me, I know theatrics. You're someone hollow and empty desperate to feel important, so you disregard everyone who decided to take their fate into their own hands to feed into your narrative of 'being chosen' by some higher power."
Tap

"There's no great magic at work in choosing Akuma, Kaijin, and Majin. You get lucky, or you don't. People like Miyazono and Yagami got the short end of the stick, and I stumbled on some sort of miracle. If there was some sort of higher power at play, someone else would be here to stop you, someone who would do a better job of it, but sometimes it's just luck of the draw, so you've got me instead."
Tap

"So don't try to talk about empty aspiration, when all we are is empty. At the very least Mishima is trying to make something when all we're looking for is to tear it all down and start from scratch. All we are is empty, worthless, path-"
T̴͕͘ả̴̟p̷̚ͅ
His words were cut off by the wave of anguish that wracked his body. He felt like he was on fire, or like tiny incisions were being being made over every inch of his skin. He couldn't even scream, his mouth felt fused shut by his clenching teeth. The world outside dulled to nothing but a ringing in his ears, as one sound permeated everything else.
T̵a̷p̵
T̴͕͘ả̴̟p̷̚ͅ
T̴̿͑͜ä̶̤͇͗ṕ̷̱͓̇
Theme of Fantômas (Joker Theme)

"Terribly sorry to interrupt." said the voice behind him, "But your limited time free trial of 'playing the hero' has just expired.

Mori casts clear on Scathach
« Last Edit: April 21, 2023, 12:45:54 pm by Smoke Mirrors »

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: April 24, 2023, 04:16:43 pm »

Siren vs. Jack the Ripper
As if heeding Yui's call, the seaweed forest erupts around her, tendrils of kelp and seaweed grabbing the Onibi and pulverising it with swift blows.
Quote from: Marc'heg Gwer vs Covetous Slasher C
(Otohime's Kurmala is active!)
(Aika's Charisma is active!)
(Yui silently cheers from behind...)
(Yui shall break free!)

Yui initiates!
Hit Rate: 88 to hit
Hit: 10, hit!
Covetous Slasher C takes 27 damage!

Covetous Slasher C is defeated!

"....."
Almost listlessly, Akihiko raises his hand, and Mildred feels energy course through her.

Quote from: Ibaraki-Douji
Ibaraki-Douji casts Rebellion on Proioxis!
Ibaraki-Douji loses 9 MP!
Proioxis gains +10 Critical but takes 3 damage for 2 turns!

She steps forward in front of the hulking Majin, Jack the Ripper playing around with his knife almost absent-mindedly.

"Do you think this'll go the same way as it did outside, girl? In a world of demons, my love for Fuu-chan makes me invincible."

Quote from: Proioxis vs. Jack the Ripper
(Akihiko's Support activates!)
(Tsukiyomi's Parmala activates!)
(Ibaraki-Douji's Rebellion activates!)
(Jack the Ripper's Daunt activates!)
(Mildred's fists are raised!)
(Proioxis' Great Typhoon is active! +3 DMG)

Proioxis casts Needle Run!
Proioxis loses 2 MP!
Proioxis initiates!
Hit Rate: 90 to hit
Hit: 58, hit!
Jack takes 22 damage!
(Proioxis' Warding Wind activates! +1 DR)
(Jack the Ripper's Masochism intensifies! +4 DMG, +10 Critical)

Jack retaliates!
Hit Rate: 74 to hit
Hit: 53, hit!
Proioxis takes 31 damage!
Proioxis is downed!
Mildred opens the fight, a hurricane of needles slamming into the Ripper and tearing gouges into the demon's body. With a hiss, the Majin lashes out with his knife, shadows swarming around the knife as he stabs it into the ground.

A burst of almost solid darkness slams into Mildred like a hammer, throwing her to her knees, as Jack cracks his neck.

"Don't you get it yet? Nobody, not you, not your friend, can keep me from Fuu-chan!"

The others note that the Onibi, seemingly provoked by Mildred's assault, pay her less attention after Jack's retaliation throws her to her knees.

"Mildred! Aki-kun, cover me! I'll heal her!"
"...."

Akihiko's fists tighten.
Quote from: Tsukuyomi
(Saya hears the fading words....)
(Saya shall tear off the chains!)

Tsukuyomi casts Kia on Proioxis!
Tsukuyomi loses 5 MP!
Proioxis is revived and regains 13 HP!

Mori and Kanade vs Andras
Andras simply snorts.
"You're a worse actor than Mishima. Your motivation is a complete lie. You don't hate this world. You're the hero, and the Mishimas are the dragons you want to slay. You're not empty inside, and you're scared what'll happen when you realise you aren't, so you throw on a new mask, give me a dramatic monologue and writhe in your own suffering and self-pity to call a day. How many new earthshattering revelations will you have until you have one that sticks, I wonder?"

"We're the same type of creature? No. You misunderstand. I aspire to nothing but chaos. You strive for justice though you coat it as revenge. You don't want the trappings of the hero, but by god do you want the role. You're nothing better than a grade-school chuunibyou given the chance to live out their fantasies.

The only pleasure I'll get from crushing you is seeing how it'll make Mishima squirm."

Quote from: Fantomas?
Fantomas casts Clear on Scathach!
Fantomas loses 9 MP!
Scathach's debuffs have been cleared!

« Last Edit: May 03, 2023, 07:21:35 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: April 24, 2023, 06:09:03 pm »

"...Son of a bitch. All right, OK."

Proioxis got back to her feet.

"Thanks Saya. I'm not going to let him get the best of me a second time so quickly."
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 85