Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Question About How Save Files Work In Succession Games  (Read 1120 times)

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Question About How Save Files Work In Succession Games
« on: November 10, 2021, 05:24:26 pm »

Here is the set up - I would like to start a Succession game in the story forum.  I would like to use Autumn Kingdom.  I have already set up my game with the right tile set and colors and everything.  Even got the tiny pumpkins as the symbol of the pumpkin head people.  Also I set the pop cap so the populace stays kind of small.  A hamlet, as it were.

If other people got the Autumn Kingdom download would they have to code their game to match my setup or would the save file transfer all that information with it?

Thanks!
The most EVIL creature in Dwarf Fortress!

feelotraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • (y-sqrt{|x|})^2+x^2=1
    • View Profile
Re: Question About How Save Files Work In Succession Games
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2021, 08:57:17 pm »

The tileset and colours are independent from the save.   The population cap is stored in d_init.txt and is also separate from the save.  Not entirely sure about the symbol but I would assume it is linked to the tileset - at least with the same tileset other players should see the same symbol.

In short, other players would need to installl/use the same tileset + colours and adjust the population cap at their end.

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Question About How Save Files Work In Succession Games
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2021, 08:58:54 pm »

The tileset and colours are independent from the save.   The population cap is stored in d_init.txt and is also separate from the save.  Not entirely sure about the symbol but I would assume it is linked to the tileset - at least with the same tileset other players should see the same symbol.

In short, other players would need to installl/use the same tileset + colours and adjust the population cap at their end.

I see.  Thank you very much. 
The most EVIL creature in Dwarf Fortress!