Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: Anime Arms Race Empire of Jingay -Deployment Phase 4  (Read 6034 times)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: Anime Arms Race Empire of Jingay -Supporting Character Phase 3
« Reply #60 on: December 18, 2021, 01:09:23 am »

So she's a superhero in the way that disabled kids are at fundraisers. Well... good thing the AI didn't get that roll.

Nephele Semiautonomous Drones
Nephele is a networked system of combat drones which communicate via relay satellites recently launched into orbit by Jingay's fledgling space program in partnership with NASA. Each nephele drone, or "nephos", designed like a baby dragon to continue our theming, contains a small targeting computer and a plasma flamethrower. Individually, each nephos could do a decent amount of damage, but the true strength of the nephele system is in their coordination: all the drones share data at light speed in order to cover an entire battlefield, making decisions according to the moment-to-moment development of the tactical situation. Currently, the drones are not very smart and operate on a human-in-loop protocol where skilled gamer teens can take control as needed from a safe location, but our scientists have ambitious plans to implement fully autonomous combat AI soon.
Trait: Eye of the Dragon - Nephele's optical sensors see all and cannot be fooled by magical or mundane means. Nobody hides from Nephele.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 18, 2021, 10:18:21 am »

So she's a superhero in the way that disabled kids are at fundraisers. Well... good thing the AI didn't get that roll.

Nephele is a networked system of combat drones which communicate via relay satellites recently launched into orbit by Jingay's fledgling space program in partnership with NASA. Each nephele drone, or "nephos", designed like a baby dragon to continue our theming, contains a small targeting computer and a plasma flamethrower. Individually, each nephos could do a decent amount of damage, but the true strength of the nephele system is in their coordination: all the drones share data at light speed in order to cover an entire battlefield, making decisions according to the moment-to-moment development of the tactical situation. Currently, the drones are not very smart and operate on a human-in-loop protocol where skilled gamer teens can take control as needed from a safe location, but our scientists have ambitious plans to implement fully autonomous combat AI soon.
Trait: Eye of the Dragon - Nephele's optical sensors see all and cannot be fooled by magical or mundane means. Nobody hides from Nephele.
+1

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 18, 2021, 03:51:56 pm »

D10 roll: 6!

It is now the character development phase.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Anime Arms Race Empire of Jingay -Character Development Phase 3
« Reply #63 on: December 18, 2021, 04:00:36 pm »

Ted: I have a Dragon

Ted's ability to dominate the field is never in question. Through the law of Plot Convenience he can call upon the Great Nexus Ōtokage to perform an Alpha Strike during combat, ignoring the laws of physics and spacetime. This can occur even if it's not in the same theater or even deployable, and Great Nexus Ōtokage takes no damage from this. Used best when responding to an enemy taunting Murphy.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 18, 2021, 04:08:55 pm »

Oh, I was also typing something at the same time. Well, I want to ask Stirk whether this is allowed, so I'll still post it.

Stirk, is this legal?

Rekindled Romance: Dave having settled down a little over the years, and Sparrowhawk having grown up a little and become more worldly, the two are both now in a much better place with respect to one another, and it isn't long before old feelings start to well up once again - this time with affectionate familiarity alongside simple unthinking passion.

American Superhero Sparrowhawk gains the trait Yamaten Nadeshiko.
- Yamaten Nadeshiko: When deployed alongside her lover, Sparrowhawk follows his orders devotedly, which is a good thing because she's bloody incompetent on her own. Sparrowhawk acts at Royal Uncle Dave's power level when they are both active in the same step.

I would also be willing to say "half his power level" or something.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 18, 2021, 06:55:42 pm »

Oh, I was also typing something at the same time. Well, I want to ask Stirk whether this is allowed, so I'll still post it.

Stirk, is this legal?

Rekindled Romance: Dave having settled down a little over the years, and Sparrowhawk having grown up a little and become more worldly, the two are both now in a much better place with respect to one another, and it isn't long before old feelings start to well up once again - this time with affectionate familiarity alongside simple unthinking passion.

American Superhero Sparrowhawk gains the trait Yamaten Nadeshiko.
- Yamaten Nadeshiko: When deployed alongside her lover, Sparrowhawk follows his orders devotedly, which is a good thing because she's bloody incompetent on her own. Sparrowhawk acts at Royal Uncle Dave's power level when they are both active in the same step.

I would also be willing to say "half his power level" or something.

It could work as long as he goes down to compensate and they meet someone in the middle slightly above their average. Otherwise it would get too powerful since it let you double/extra 50% from all boosts to Dave.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 18, 2021, 11:26:52 pm »

It could work as long as he goes down to compensate
I'm sure that won't be an issue.

Oh, you meant —

I'd like to be able to net at least 4-5P, or else it's probably better to just gamble with the 1d5. Is that okay? I mean, especially because it ties her down to Dave in deployment.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 19, 2021, 09:52:19 am »

Just write them off as a bad job Max. They'd need SERIOUS character development, and maybe TRAINING FROM HELL.

Instead, embrace Instant Dragon.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 19, 2021, 04:11:40 pm »

I don't understand the statement about "an enemy taunting Murphy".

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 19, 2021, 04:56:34 pm »

Enemy says 'We have reserves.' to something Ted says or does, Ted says 'I have a Dragon' and proceeds to burn said reserves to ash.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 19, 2021, 05:20:00 pm »

I'm okay with this. In general, though, I think we should do something about Sparrowhawk *eventually* and not just waste the design, because I'm sure the enemy have made something. Maybe we can spend PE on her for the turn or something.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 19, 2021, 10:00:00 pm »

Actually, no, hold on. I'm too busy to write up a counterproposal right now BUT I just remembered that traits on Ted can affect the whole Side. Everyone can Have a Dragon. DORAGON BORITSU. ("That's not how you say it!", cries Ted plaintively.)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 23, 2021, 04:59:33 pm »

Well, okay, I wrote a version for you if you want to take it.

Doragon Buritsu: The implementation of autonomous satellite-based navigation has enabled our scientists to expand Dragon Nexus Ōtokage's effective range. A new code word added to Jingay radio contact protocols allows any soldier to request that Ted authorize a priority dragon strike at that location, in the event of a dragon-tier emergency.
Eiji "Ted" Yamamoto gains the trait Dragon Blitz.
Dragon Blitz: As needed, Ted can order a drone-supported strike by Ōtokage anywhere in the theatre of war. Ōtokage travels at lightning speed so it is always where it needs to go in the nick of time. If for any reason Ōtokage can't get where it would need to be, we'll just set up a hologram so nobody can tell. The hologram still shoots real fire, we're all very proud of it. Either way, Ōtokage will maintain a safe distance while performing its strike, so that it cannot be damaged when it is not in actual combat. Just in case any soldiers lose radio contact, we'll have military satellites watching all of them to detect whether anyone even so much as yells "DORAGON BURITSU" while pointing dramatically. Finally, last but not least, any time a native Jingay unit (like the royal family or our own soldiers) requests a Blitz, Ted's combat effectiveness increases slightly as he gets really frustrated about how nobody can pronounce western words properly, and takes it out on the enemy.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 23, 2021, 05:29:21 pm »

Doragon Buritsu: The implementation of autonomous satellite-based navigation has enabled our scientists to expand Dragon Nexus Ōtokage's effective range. A new code word added to Jingay radio contact protocols allows any soldier to request that Ted authorize a priority dragon strike at that location, in the event of a dragon-tier emergency.
Dragon Blitz: As needed, Ted can order a drone-supported strike by Ōtokage anywhere in the theatre of war. Ōtokage travels at lightning speed so it is always where it needs to go in the nick of time. If for any reason Ōtokage can't get where it would need to be, we'll just set up a hologram so nobody can tell. The hologram still shoots real fire, we're all very proud of it. Either way, Ōtokage will maintain a safe distance while performing its strike, so that it cannot be damaged when it is not in actual combat. Just in case any soldiers lose radio contact, we'll have military satellites watching all of them to detect whether anyone even so much as yells "DORAGON BURITSU" while pointing dramatically. Finally, last but not least, any time a native Jingay unit (like the royal family or our own soldiers) requests a Blitz, Ted's combat effectiveness increases slightly as he gets really frustrated about how nobody can pronounce western words properly, and takes it out on the enemy.
+

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 25, 2021, 11:00:25 pm »

DORAGON BURITSU! AKA it is done.

It is now the Deployment Phase.

Spoiler: Current Roster (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Step Status (click to show/hide)

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7