Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 48

Author Topic: Totem Mafia 3 - Vote Phase 3  (Read 33474 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Totem Mafia 3 - Vote Phase 2
« Reply #540 on: December 02, 2021, 10:16:09 am »

I'm not even going to bother... I'm locked in a corner where my power is useless. But you should ask yourself why I did that claim if I have a partner?

GG web.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: December 02, 2021, 10:33:42 am »

@Tric: You seem to blaming Web.  Why?
More importantly, why is Toonyman blameless for your current situation?
I mean, yeah, stop just fighting with people voting you.  But with Toonyman, you can attack that reasoning.

Do you have a plan where your secondary power could be useful? Frankly, I don't see mafia killing you, but maybe that is why mafia are pushing you?

@Web: Do you see Tric as town or mafia, truly?  Are you trying to save a townie, or just hoping to get mafia to incriminate their partner?
Tric seems pretty tired, if you think he's town then he needs assistance, if he is mafia then he's probably done being cooperative.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: December 02, 2021, 10:51:08 am »

The Counting Stones
EuchreJack: 1: Vector
Roden: 1: Knightwing64
Toonyman: 2: EuchreJack, webadict
TricMagic: 3: Toonyman, TricMagic, UselessMcMiner

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Today (~9 hours from now)
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: December 02, 2021, 11:00:11 am »

@Mephansteras: Voting order on TricMagic is wrong.  Should be UselessMcMiner, Toonyman, TricMagic.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: December 02, 2021, 11:00:50 am »

TricMagic
I'm kinda annoyed you forgot my other power which disables my killer. Is that a mafia power? Maybe. But it's only for the next two phases.
... I sort of want to vote you on principle because I think you don't get it. Why will the Mafia ever kill you if you can't find Mafia? Why will the Mafia ever kill you if you're not a threat.

When was the last time you were NKed? Answer: NSVM2 on N3. Why were you killed? Because you found Mafia and had a threatening role.

If you only ever attack anyone that attacks you... Why would I do that as Mafia? You can be pocketed if you're Town really easily. See Sup10. It is so frustrating to talk to you.

I'm not even going to bother... I'm locked in a corner where my power is useless. But you should ask yourself why I did that claim if I have a partner?

GG web.
Correct. That is a viable reasoning to use! Fucking keep going! How could I counter that? Show that my counters are less likely than another outcome. If you give up, you die.

Here's my counterplay: You claimed before knowing if there was a tracker, watcher, or anything else.

This has such an easy counter it's ridiculous. Fucking fight me if you want to live!

@Tric: You seem to blaming Web.  Why?
More importantly, why is Toonyman blameless for your current situation?
I mean, yeah, stop just fighting with people voting you.  But with Toonyman, you can attack that reasoning.

Do you have a plan where your secondary power could be useful? Frankly, I don't see mafia killing you, but maybe that is why mafia are pushing you?

@Web: Do you see Tric as town or mafia, truly?  Are you trying to save a townie, or just hoping to get mafia to incriminate their partner?
Tric seems pretty tired, if you think he's town then he needs assistance, if he is mafia then he's probably done being cooperative.
I don't know. I am unsure. But here's the problem I have: If Tric can't defend himself in a pinch, how can he win the game when I'm fucking dead? I can trust you to actually do things on your own. Tric will have these same problems Tomorrow, and I won't be alive to help sort. Can he solve the game?

If he's Mafia, he needs to be dead. If he's Town, he needs to actively side with the Town. But he can't because he's too busy literally doing the most obvious scumtell around.

Fucking... AGH! Fine, he's probably fucking Town! But holy shit, WHY DOES HE MAKE ME PULL TEETH TO DO THE BASIC SHIT!?!

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: December 02, 2021, 11:14:21 am »

Unvote. I'm likely to be dead tomorrow too, by McMiner. So don't see a reason to even keep going. The fact you steal votes isn't a town thing either. There isn't any info I can use to pinpoint town and scum. So go ahead, steal my vote. And if I'm dead tomorrow you won't have that power anymore.

Just tired... Only reason I haven't asked for replacement is cause that would screw town over even more.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: December 02, 2021, 11:19:50 am »

What am I even supposed to do here? My clearance ended up failing entirely, and I didn't notice. Info given as I stated, but turns out that already existed on the first page. That was going to be how I'd clear myself from the kill, which would mean I could also confirm someone's action if they did anything, or if they were lying. Instead, Max ended up dead, something I did not expect. So instead of waiting to claim, I got my info out there as soon as I woke up.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: December 02, 2021, 11:20:26 am »

You can go ahead and cross-examine me toony, but you'll find no inconstancies.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: December 02, 2021, 11:25:52 am »

Unvote. I'm likely to be dead tomorrow too, by McMiner. So don't see a reason to even keep going. The fact you steal votes isn't a town thing either. There isn't any info I can use to pinpoint town and scum. So go ahead, steal my vote. And if I'm dead tomorrow you won't have that power anymore.

Just tired... Only reason I haven't asked for replacement is cause that would screw town over even more.
That's a good counter that works exclusively on me. The better counter is that there is already a dead tracker, AND you claimed FIRST. Being first is part of legitimacy.

But, I get it. If McMiner kills you Tomorrow, then they're Town, no? Do you think that's bad?

But that only matters if you find scum Today. So, order who is scum and why? Who is Town and why? Don't be afraid to be wrong, just have a good reason for being wrong.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: December 02, 2021, 11:28:36 am »

You can do a sentence, right? A setence on why you believe what each person's alignment is.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: December 02, 2021, 11:28:50 am »

1) UselessMcMiner, if town, will kill whomever they think is most scummy.  The goal of a vigilante is to save town from having to lynch the most scummy player and hopefully hit mafia.
2) Sometimes you don't get cleared.  Sorry, but it happens.  Gotta still find scum.
3) When you don't have mechanical info, or even when you do, you interrogate suspects.  Don't defend, ATTACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: December 02, 2021, 11:29:07 am »

Who should I vote instead and why?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: December 02, 2021, 11:44:20 am »

I ain't stepping on your throat, Tric. No dagger twisting. No taunting. I'm giving you a hand. I want you to fight back. If you can fight me Today, you can fight anyone Tomorrow.

There ain't no one clear in this game. Not me. Not Vector. Not Roden. Not Euchre. Not even Knightwing64. I think they're Town, but you better fucking believe I could be wrong about all but one of those. But, if I'm wrong, I at least think I'm wrong for the right reasons, instead of right for the wrong ones. Heck, look at Toony, I think he's scum, but I have almost no evidence to really bring it up other than being underwhelming and some mechanical, and that's because if he is scum, he's playing decent scum. Honestly, if he was more active, he'd be stomping me into the ground.

So, I am harsh, but I am trying to also be fair.

If you're Town, force the Mafia to shoot you.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: December 02, 2021, 12:12:14 pm »

Who should I vote instead and why?
There are only two people it could be today. Vector, or McMiner. McMiner has completely withdrawn for the day, he isn't coming back. Vector isn't showing much, only claiming to have activated a self-protection. For McMiner to be town, Vector would have needed to mess with them. Or Toony(you) happen to be lying. The latter isn't likely given McMiner gave up on discussion.

... That would mean that no mafia were on the lynch vote though. I still don't trust Roden, since that mechanical info is what this is based on.

How about you all tell me who you'd want me to investigate?
Pick one of TricMagic or UselessMcMiner.
.... Web, you've pretty much been giving choices the entire game. And accepting nothing else. Why were you voting MaxSpin at the end of day one? Same question for Vector.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: December 02, 2021, 12:14:58 pm »

Good post Tric!
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 48