Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 48

Author Topic: Totem Mafia 3 - Vote Phase 3  (Read 33613 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: Totem Mafia 3 - Vote Phase 1
« Reply #255 on: November 27, 2021, 12:03:41 am »

Awh, I was kinda hoping to get Stumped.  No vote means no threat worth eliminating regardless of alignment, so I'd get to say what I want and play till the end.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: November 27, 2021, 12:19:07 am »

Uh, if Max is town, and is slightly suspicious of 4maskwolf, then it is natural they would throw 4maskwolf under the bus. 
Even if 4maskwolf flips town, Max could be redeemable if he is fact is a cop that finds scum.  The flip of 4maskwolf does not set Max's alignment.
... Jack... Sometimes, I just don't know about you. I'm trying to help you out, pal. In this particular case, if Max is Town, then his claim seems pretty far-fetched. 4mask being a Cop isn't a for-sure thing. I just claimed that 4mask has a strong role, not necessarily an investigation role. I just don't really believe in Maximum Spin's role claim. Just saying it how it is.

But, don't worry, it's not a big deal. He might even get his vote back if someone else looks more suspicious! So, he better look a bit harder!

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: November 27, 2021, 12:30:52 am »

How about you all tell me who you'd want me to investigate?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: November 27, 2021, 12:54:03 am »

How about you all tell me who you'd want me to investigate?
Pick one of TricMagic or UselessMcMiner.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: November 27, 2021, 01:13:34 am »

The Counting Stones
4maskwolf: 4: EuchreJack, Maximum Spin, Roden, TricMagic
EuchreJack: 1: 4maskwolf
Maximum Spin: 2: Vector, webadict
TricMagic: 1: UselessMcMiner

The Counting Stones have been placed, and their message is clear, 4maskwolf will not be the new chief.

He looks up and scowls at the rest of you. "What? Bah! This is nonsense. You all know that I should be chief! I am the greatest hunter of the tribe!"

"Perhaps." says Roden, "But while your silence may help you stalk a deer it does nothing to sway the minds of our people. A chief must be at least as good with words as he is with a bow, and you have not proven your words to be quiet as potent as your arrows."

There are a few murmured assents, and so 4maskwolf grunts, gets up, and walks to the door of the tent. He looks back, once, and shakes his head. "Very well. For I am a Loyal follower of the Wolf, and if you think it is best that I not be chief than I shall abide. But I fear others are not so honest."

The rest of you gather up your counting stones and sit back down.

Now it is the time of the Spirit Walk, where you breath in scents of the Sacred Medicines, drink the Draught of Wisdom, and set your minds free. In the Spirit Realm you will ponder the course of events in peace. You will commune with your animal spirits, and you will make use of their magic.

You close your eyes...and open your minds.

Note: 4maskwolf was town (which is what Loyal means in this game)

Sorry about the late end to the day, I ended up being out much later than I expected. Although, it seems like some people wanted an extension anyway, so I suppose it's not too big a deal.

I will confirm that the game state is not broken. Do not try to use the discord to sus out the scum, it's not a solid plan and meta stuff like that is bad form anyway.

In any case, it is time for the Spirit Walk phase. Send in your actions!
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Totem Mafia 3 - Spirit Walk Phase 1
« Reply #260 on: November 29, 2021, 01:53:33 pm »

The Spirit Walk is over. You begin to feel your bodies again. The blood pounding in your veins, the smoky air filling your lungs. You open your eyes and look around.

Maximum Spin lies unconscious on the ground. Clearly he was unable to handle the dangers of the Spirit Walk. A pair of attendants come and gently carry him out of the tent. He should be fine, but he has certainly lost his chance at becoming Chief.

As the last of the Herbs leave your system you see an image in the smoke. A Pangolin, armored digger and finder of secrets. A strong guide, but perhaps not strong enough. The pale smoke indicates that he was, at least, Loyal to the traditions of your tribe.

Eight of you remain. Only one can be Chief.

It is time to resume the discussions.

Vote Phase 2 has begun! It will go until ~5pm Pacific Thursday.

And as an FYI, full role flips are shown on the first post of the game.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Totem Mafia 3 - Vote Phase 2
« Reply #261 on: November 29, 2021, 01:59:37 pm »

UselessMcMiner, wanna explain to the class what you did last Night?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: November 29, 2021, 02:24:36 pm »

Hm, it would appear that at least someone believed Max's claim.  Max also must have surmised that without a vote, he needed to investigate rather than hide, hence why he died when mafia came for him.  Good news, mafia killed a non-voter, so they are no closer to winning.  This assumes however that the vote stealer is town.

If Web wants to hear from UselessMcMiner, then I do as well.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: November 29, 2021, 02:30:48 pm »

Dam it.. That happened to be our cop.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: November 29, 2021, 02:33:22 pm »

To note, he was capable of determining if someone was an Underhanded Elder. Which pretty much leaves me as very suspicious given I visited them last night.

I am able to inspect others to find out their spirit totem and main power. When I'm killed, I disable the abilities of the one who killed me for the next vote and spirit phase.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: November 29, 2021, 02:34:55 pm »

Hm, it would appear that at least someone believed Max's claim.  Max also must have surmised that without a vote, he needed to investigate rather than hide, hence why he died when mafia came for him.  Good news, mafia killed a non-voter, so they are no closer to winning.  This assumes however that the vote stealer is town.

If Web wants to hear from UselessMcMiner, then I do as well.
To note, losing an investigative role isn't a good thing. The information he gleamed is forever lost to us. Particularly since I would have confirmed him as town today if he was still alive, and he'd confirm someone else as town or scum.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: November 29, 2021, 02:59:21 pm »

Also, make Roden claim. Nobody claim before those two, please.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: November 29, 2021, 03:01:01 pm »

First, I want to apologize for the angleshooting at the end of the previous day. I became immediately unsure of my 4mask vote when I noticed stuff that shouldn't be used as evidence in a game. It was in bad taste.

Here are my N1 notes:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I don't have anything to claim from last night.

Max was killed, so the obvious conclusion is that mafia got spooked and killed him. This implicates Tric and Useless which sounds correct to me.

@Webadict:
I am curious as well.

UselessMcMiner

@Jack:
FYI, our GM Mephansteras has posted the role descriptions of the fallen on the front page.
Thank you, I hadn't realized that.

@Tric:
To note, he was capable of determining if someone was an Underhanded Elder. Which pretty much leaves me as very suspicious given I visited them last night.

I am able to inspect others to find out their spirit totem and main power. When I'm killed, I disable the abilities of the one who killed me for the next vote and spirit phase.
So you claim you targeted Max last night?

UselessMcMiner

• Bay Watcher
  • praise jeebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: November 29, 2021, 03:01:17 pm »

what’s the point of this blatent rolefishing
The scouts have been fighting a giant capuchin for the past month now. They still haven't killed it.

Obsidian 1053

The Sentries are still fighting the capuchin. For two monthes they have done nothing but punch this monkey.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 48