Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 48

Author Topic: Totem Mafia 3 - Vote Phase 3  (Read 33711 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Totem Mafia 3 - Vote Phase 1
« Reply #135 on: November 24, 2021, 04:57:34 pm »

@Jack:
Upgrading UselessMcMiner to town lean.  Have my posting crown, good sir.
Why?

@Useless:
Wow that's a lot of posts, but can you answer my question in my first post? You kind of answered it indirectly but I'd still like a direct response.

I agree that mech discussion could be harmful, however two players spamposting at each other can be even worse and let's scum hide in the chaos. I really don't want that to happen again either.

Overall I generally like to focus a lot on the progression of reads and the actual logical backend of reads

generally I don’t like responding to questions like these cause they’re kind of pointless lol

vote: Euchrejack
... K, you are not giving me confidence in you being town.. Pointless info, or useful info. Why is something useless to you, when it's needful to town?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: November 24, 2021, 04:58:58 pm »

4mask, can I ask why no push against me?

why do you care
And then ask me why I care someone who suspected me never put forth a case against me. UselessMcMiner, what is your goal for Day 1?

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: November 24, 2021, 05:58:02 pm »

4mask, can I ask why no push against me?

why do you care
And then ask me why I care someone who suspected me never put forth a case against me. UselessMcMiner, what is your goal for Day 1?
Tric, m'boy.

You're trying too hard.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: November 24, 2021, 05:58:22 pm »

And, more relevantly, you've played with me enough you should really know better.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: November 24, 2021, 06:19:47 pm »

@Jack:
Upgrading UselessMcMiner to town lean.  Have my posting crown, good sir.
Why?

Two things really:
1) UselessMcMiner reminds me of my very first game as town.
2) Going off the assumption of newness, UselessMcMiner is posting too much to be mafia.  If they were mafia, they would be posting a lot in the scumchat and not here.  The rabid attacking seems like new townie.  So yeah, no voting Jack Jr, ok?

You should instead look to see who is attacking UselessMcMiner and why.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: November 24, 2021, 06:30:43 pm »

In the interests of full disclosure, I'll share a little about myself:
If I don't vote today, my vote counts for 2 tomorrow.

Hence, my reluctance to vote today.  I mean, I'll vote today if I deem it necessary, but I'd rather vote day 2 when we have more mechanical info to share.

@Webadict: I'm not going to bullied into voting for someone when my theory is that you're slinging bullshit.  Frankly, I'd rather vote you over TricMagic, Vector, EuchreJack, Maximum Spin, and UselessMcMiner.

TricMagic: Easy mislynch.  So far playing into Town meta.
Vector: Ok, I could be talked into supporting a vote on Vector.  Too active for D1 Vector.  Let's see what else we get.
Maximum Spin: Standard Day 1 Maximum Spin that I've seen as town, no reason to believe it would be different if Maximum Spin was mafia.
UselessMcMiner: Hasn't posted yet.  Hopefully will do so in 20 hours, or be replaced.  Might be a strategy to "Vote and see how they respond when they check the thread"

Oh, and no self-voting for me yet.  Hey Web, your vote doesn't count, so you could self-vote....
?????????????

Vector had to that point made a grand total of one post, a pretty standard RVS post. What is this take?

To clarify, I thought Vector's post was too early for town!Vector.  Hence my comment about Vector being "too active".  Mafia!Vector knows they have to get an early post in.  Town!Vector might not bother.  I really can't get much of a read off Vector until they make their second or third of the grand total of 3 posts I expect from them D1.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: November 24, 2021, 06:38:28 pm »

@UselessMcMiner: Please ask players questions.  What do you want me to answer?

What exactly is your opinion of webaddict

I don’t get why you started shading him in the first place or why you keep pivoting off of him

Also what are your townreads?

Town reads are UselessMcMiner, Knightwing64, and TricMagic.

Webadict has gravitated more into null category from suspected scum.

I'm pivoting on Webadict because I'm just not sure about their alignment, and I vainly think that maybe I can figure it out.
Is this Scummy town!Webadict or Scummy mafia!Webadict?

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: November 24, 2021, 06:40:08 pm »

Argh, this is hard for me. Everytime I think somebody is kinda scum, someone has already brought it up and debated it.

Even the people I think are scum, I don’t have enough evidence yet and I like them too much to call them out on a suspicion.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: November 24, 2021, 06:49:24 pm »

Argh, this is hard for me. Everytime I think somebody is kinda scum, someone has already brought it up and debated it.

Even the people I think are scum, I don’t have enough evidence yet and I like them too much to call them out on a suspicion.

Hey Locktown, who do you currently think might be scum?  We can compare lists!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: November 24, 2021, 06:55:15 pm »

People can be wrong, so you are allowed to to call them suspicious. Heck, sometimes the people you think are Town are calling each other suspicious, and the people you think are suspicious are being called Town. I'd rather see the reason for why than confirmation of the same facts.

If you turn out to be wrong as well, frankly, no one's gonna even be mad.

Is this Scummy town!Webadict or Scummy mafia!Webadict?
I resent that attitude. I did nothing worthy of being called scummy.

And, more relevantly, you've played with me enough you should really know better.
Got anything interesting? What's your take so far?

@4mask:
Bzzz wrong answer.

@Roden:
I feel the same, hence my question towards 4mask.

So right now:
Web is townlocking Knightwing (and Roden I guess).
Roden is townlocking Jack.

I can believe both of these. In which case if I make the daring assumption that Web and Roden are town as well that leaves the mafia inside Tric, Vector, Max, Useless, and 4mask. I can't tell currently for Web and Roden but I think this reasoning is alright.
I like these and can agree. Who do you think is scum in that 5?

@Vector: I'm needy and require more attention, please give.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: November 24, 2021, 07:04:55 pm »

So right now:

I can believe both of these. In which case if I make the daring assumption that Web and Roden are town as well that leaves the mafia inside Tric, Vector, Max, Useless, and 4mask. I can't tell currently for Web and Roden but I think this reasoning is alright.
@Toonyman: What if the scum team IS Web/Roden?  Mafia knows who is town, unlike the rest of us.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: November 24, 2021, 07:15:05 pm »

Webadict: My take is that Tric and Euchre are Trying Too Hard (tm). YMMV on whether that’s scummy within their particular meta.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: November 24, 2021, 07:20:04 pm »

So right now:

@Toonyman: What if the scum team IS Web/Roden?  Mafia knows who is town, unlike the rest of us.
Here's a question for you, Euchre: If I'm not scum, am I right? And if I'm scum, am I right?

If that's the case, then it doesn't really matter if I'm scum or not, does it?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: November 24, 2021, 07:32:19 pm »

So right now:

Here's a question for you, Euchre: If I'm not scum, am I right? And if I'm scum, am I right?

If that's the case, then it doesn't really matter if I'm scum or not, does it?

What exactly does that mean? I'm not sure to what the "I am right" portion refers.  Are you pushing Roden as Town? Why?
We both agree that Knightwing is townlock.

What is your opinion on 4maskwolf?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: November 24, 2021, 07:36:07 pm »

Webadict: My take is that Tric and Euchre are Trying Too Hard (tm). YMMV on whether that’s scummy within their particular meta.
And my take is that Trying Too Hard is an allegation used by scum to lynch town.  And yes, it is in our particular meta.
FOS 4maskwolf, although it would be in my meta to vote you for this.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 48