Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 48

Author Topic: Totem Mafia 3 - Vote Phase 3  (Read 33484 times)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: Totem Mafia 3 - Vote Phase 1
« Reply #90 on: November 24, 2021, 02:24:36 am »

Webadict constructing elaborate castle-in-the-air theories based exclusively on faulty assumptions is well within his town meta, though, Euchrejack.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 24, 2021, 03:42:08 am »

Webadict constructing elaborate castle-in-the-air theories based exclusively on faulty assumptions is well within his town meta, though, Euchrejack.

Yeah, but its scummy that he is trying to cast of net of "vouched townies" and force those outside that net to lynch themselves.
Too scummy for town!Webadict?  We've only just begun, so we'll see what the rest of the First Vote Phase holds.
Not worth wasting one vote today when I could have two votes tomorrow, so UNVOTE.
Downgrading to FOS Webadict

@Roden: I'm actually glad to see the change in tactics.  The quickclaim tactics work better with smaller groups, this one is probably too large.  I sort of expect a lot of claiming D2, however.  Do you think any mafia might have "snuck in" to Web's list of unsuspected?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 24, 2021, 03:44:18 am »

Reread Mafia-ally (Pirate) Captain Webadict of Round 3.  This looks more like that, and less like town!Webadict shenanigans.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 24, 2021, 03:56:59 am »

Oh, to be sure. I'm arguing that it's NAI, not that it makes him look town. Wubadicts gonna wub.

Anyway, I say we vote out the guy who hasn't showed up yet.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 24, 2021, 04:12:31 am »

Oh, to be sure. I'm arguing that it's NAI, not that it makes him look town. Wubadicts gonna wub.

Anyway, I say we vote out the guy who hasn't showed up yet.

Well, if we had an idea they were going to show up, I would like to see their response to reading the forum and seeing everyone voting them.

But if they just disappear, then we gotta get a replacement.  So possibly pointless?

Hey, let's check it out though: UselessMcMiner

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 24, 2021, 04:27:31 am »

Okay, cool. UselessMcMiner

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 24, 2021, 08:18:00 am »

Reread Mafia-ally (Pirate) Captain Webadict of Round 3.  This looks more like that, and less like town!Webadict shenanigans.
This is the accusation for people that want to call me scum but don't actually want to prove it.

You certainly swapped to UMM fast. Why are you listening to Maximum Spin?

And again, you don't have to vote anyone. Just pick a sacrifice. Are you picking UMM?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 24, 2021, 08:59:56 am »

This is the accusation for people that want to call me scum but don't actually want to prove it.

You certainly swapped to UMM fast. Why are you listening to Maximum Spin?

And again, you don't have to vote anyone. Just pick a sacrifice. Are you picking UMM?

Actually, this is probably the best post you've made this game.  You're actually scumhunting, and not trying some bullshit parlor trick.

I take offense at:
1) Your asking for "proof" on D1, when nobody has proof of anything, with one or two tiny exceptions that even you acknowledge don't apply to you.
2) Your claiming that I swapped to UMM "fast".  It was 4 hours, and had an interim post where I unvoted you.
3) Your "pick a sacrifice" line just really pisses me off.  I don't "sacrifice".  I'm town.  I kill mafia.  I try not to kill fellow town.  I ain't perfect, but that is the goal.

Now, prior to Max posting, I had already thought of the idea that I mentioned of voting UMM to see how they react.  So when Max suggested voting them, I figured "sure, let's try that".  I was actually surprised when Max jumped on that vote.

I'm going to need to see more from both you and Vector before I can read either of you.

@UselessMcMiner: If you post literally anything, I'll unvote you.  No promises on Max, but that one vote probably won't get you eliminated.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 24, 2021, 09:14:52 am »

I haven't played in the past Totems, but it looks like there's a number of vote-related roles in the game since Jack has claimed a restrictive double vote as well along with Web's no vote. This is possibly further evident by "Vote Phase 1" instead of "Day 1".

I don't mind voting UselessMcMiner but I would prefer a sub if they're unable to play.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 24, 2021, 09:21:12 am »

I agree with Jack that Tric looks town. I'm not sure about the rest. I don't fully buy into Web's sacrifice circle, but there's some good since he's basically clearing Knightwing. Roden and 4mask less so.

Speaking of 4mask. 4mask, is Jack town or mafia?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 24, 2021, 09:47:50 am »

Did you pick Vector, or did you pick no one? Looks like the latter too me.

Also weird pick. Entirely wrong, too. Aggressive. Very curious, and it makes you look very bad because by not picking, you are either admitting I'm correct, or you're saying I'm masterminding, which seems very suspicious, don't you think?

Also, don't pick Tric then, I don't care. I kinda agree, Tric might be a bad choice, but Tric didn't engage the same way 4mask did, so he's still on the list.
Reading Purple Days Hmm.. You say something scumadict?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 24, 2021, 09:52:46 am »

@Euchre: Everyone sacrifices. Some are just more aware than others that they're doing so.

I'm not actually asking for proof. I'm asking for justification. You can't prove something that is untrue, but you can certainly try. Make a comparison. Point out what I'm doing that's decidedly un-Town. I don't take "looks like X" as valid as anything other than intuition.

In truth, I am poking you because you are being needlessly aggressive. If you think my list is flawed, that's okay. ToonyMan is saying exactly that. But, you are simultaneously calling my list flawed AND trying to get TricMagic on it AND calling me scum.

But the conclusion that ToonyMan postulated seems to be pretty good in that Knightwing64 is almost certainly Town. Do you agree with that? I am also willing to conclude that Roden is also almost certainly Town. Do you agree with that?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 24, 2021, 10:36:16 am »

But the conclusion that ToonyMan postulated seems to be pretty good in that Knightwing64 is almost certainly Town. Do you agree with that? I am also willing to conclude that Roden is also almost certainly Town. Do you agree with that?

I would agree that Knightwing64 is almost certainly Town.

I'll hold off on Roden until Day 2, or Vote Phase 2 if that is the terminology.  I'm leaning town on Roden, but Roden usually reveals himself on Day 2 rather than Day 1.  I believe Roden is quite capable of using the confusion regarding Knightwing64's inability to read to leverage into appearing town as mafia.  Note that Roden was among the last of the players to get onto the situation.  The lean town is most likely because of the promise that Roden made for Day 2.  Roden has both delivered spectacularly on those promises, and used them to fake as scum.  So unfortunately Roden is purely intuition at this point.

Ah, but your interactions Web remind me more of the teacher role you assume as mafia.  As town, you're more inclined to fight and argue.
...on the other hand, you've got a real need to engage with someone Day 1, and since Toonyman and you are being friendly this round, I guess I drew the short straw.  I'll have to re-read some of your Day 1 stuff, but I'm getting major Newbie Mafia vibes from you.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 24, 2021, 10:49:33 am »

Damn, Webadict.  I compared your Round 3 play in Mostly Vanilla Mafia 3 Round 3 Day 1, and you did just this sort of shit.
Whereas in Round 4, you pulled some crazy townie gambits.  Your Teaching Hat is Your Tell.
But hey, thanks for the assist Wuba!
Web pulling this shit on Maximum Spin in the Round 3 where Web was Mafia-ally.
More versus Maximum Spin
Even More Wuba "teaching" Maximum Spin
Yet More Teacher Wuba as Mafia-ally.
Teacher Teacher Mafia-Ally Wuba
...and that is enough work on my end.

Homework assignment for Wuba: Find examples of your "teaching" when you were Town.  I'll look at them, and grade you accordingly.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 24, 2021, 11:08:57 am »

Much better, honestly. Now I'm forced to play a card that cannot truly counter your argument because your argument is well cited:

Rebuttal: I changed my playstyle to this because of NSVM3R4 where I disrupted the Town's morale and heading, ultimately losing because of it.

Additionally, I have no vote, so pushing someone with my vote seems a bit unproductive. If I can choose a better avenue of attack that allows others to see the merits of each other's arguments, I am then still useful.

Plus, I actually do agree that the list is potentially flawed. I just like it as a good stepping stone because of discussions like this.

It's actually a fine argument now. It's wrong, because I am still Town, but you've put the onus on me to defend myself, and in the process, you look much better. Now even I can't push you without looking bad. Ohoho, splendid.

So then, I suppose Vector is next to decide.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 48