Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 48

Author Topic: Totem Mafia 3 - Vote Phase 3  (Read 33462 times)

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
Re: Totem Mafia 3 - Vote Phase 1
« Reply #75 on: November 23, 2021, 09:31:37 pm »

SMH people keep up.

Webadict: No, I am a kook vigilante with a mind shield.
Bold claim, joking or real?
What do you mean by "kook"?  Are you not a "real" vigilante?
Joking. It was the same joke claim I used in the "oops all serial killers" game.
So, anything serious to say? Or is going to be all jokes all the time?
If you vote 4mask, I'll vote you.
4maskwolf has given me zero reasons to vote them.  They're basically with Maximum Spin as Day 1 null.  How many votes are on you again?

To be fair to webadict, everyone always votes for them.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 23, 2021, 09:47:42 pm »

If you just fucking give it away, you can't catch people, ya dingus.
Sorry, didn't see your post in time. Though we did just confirm like four townies, so on the bright side we now have a solid town block of players who would otherwise argue with each other.
Hm, how do you know you didn't just confirm at least one mafia?  It's pretty good cover.
What do you mean?

Check Webadict's post above this one.  Several players were able to play into the Knightwing64 mess.  One of which is probably mafia faking townie confusion.

I'm, of course, getting scum read because I actually know how to read.  I had the same confusion, but "figured it out" on my own.

Specifically, Knightwing64 failed to read this as town, or is the best mafia player ever.  Time will tell, I'm certainly not sure that Knightwing64 is town, but it would be a high-level mafia team bluff.

No D1 claims, Roden?
Okay, Euchre's not picking one of the five so far...

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 23, 2021, 09:53:17 pm »

Oh, and I might as well claim a downside to my role right now, because it'll be apparent eventually:

I cannot vote.

Well, I mean, I can vote, but it won't count in the final vote count.

Just figured I'd warn you guys now.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 23, 2021, 09:55:30 pm »

Oh, and I might as well claim a downside to my role right now, because it'll be apparent eventually:

I cannot vote.

Well, I mean, I can vote, but it won't count in the final vote count.

Just figured I'd warn you guys now.

What kind of bullshit op power did you get to have that bad of a drawback?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 23, 2021, 10:00:27 pm »

It's a decent trade, I'll go with that.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 23, 2021, 10:11:30 pm »

I'm pretty OP and I don't have a drawback, so maybe he just picked a bad totem.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 23, 2021, 10:24:08 pm »

@Webadict:
Sorry, I didn't mean to ruin the trap. While I appreciate the metagaming I don't think it should go further than "Knightwing looks really good".

I cannot vote.
Hehe. I should say this now anyway: I'm a double voter. This makes my vote count twice. There are restrictions to this power but I don't wish to share this to mafia.

@Jack:
Time will tell, I'm certainly not sure that Knightwing64 is town, but it would be a high-level mafia team bluff.
I think it's fairly convincing unless Knightwing is exactly with Webadict, which is not a rabbithole I want to repeat right now.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 23, 2021, 10:48:58 pm »

@Webadict:
Sorry, I didn't mean to ruin the trap. While I appreciate the metagaming I don't think it should go further than "Knightwing looks really good".
>:( I still want the other five to pick sacrifices.

I cannot vote.
Hehe. I should say this now anyway: I'm a double voter. This makes my vote count twice. There are restrictions to this power but I don't wish to share this to mafia.
Jealous.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 23, 2021, 11:23:52 pm »

In the interests of full disclosure, I'll share a little about myself:
If I don't vote today, my vote counts for 2 tomorrow.

Hence, my reluctance to vote today.  I mean, I'll vote today if I deem it necessary, but I'd rather vote day 2 when we have more mechanical info to share.

@Webadict: I'm not going to bullied into voting for someone when my theory is that you're slinging bullshit.  Frankly, I'd rather vote you over TricMagic, Vector, EuchreJack, Maximum Spin, and UselessMcMiner.

TricMagic: Easy mislynch.  So far playing into Town meta.
Vector: Ok, I could be talked into supporting a vote on Vector.  Too active for D1 Vector.  Let's see what else we get.
Maximum Spin: Standard Day 1 Maximum Spin that I've seen as town, no reason to believe it would be different if Maximum Spin was mafia.
UselessMcMiner: Hasn't posted yet.  Hopefully will do so in 20 hours, or be replaced.  Might be a strategy to "Vote and see how they respond when they check the thread"

Oh, and no self-voting for me yet.  Hey Web, your vote doesn't count, so you could self-vote....

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 23, 2021, 11:29:41 pm »

Web might be telling the truth about at least some players being unable at some times to vote.
The game doesn't have Hammers, but rather Shortens.

MOD QUESTION FOR Mephansteras: If a player's vote doesn't count for the Elimination, does their vote still count to Shorten?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 23, 2021, 11:37:08 pm »

Do you not trust my deductions? Care to point out the flaw?

You don't have to vote anyone. You just need to pick a sacrifice from one of the five. If you pick no one, I will assume you're picking yourself. If you'd like to pick outside that, I cannot stop you, but you'll be needlessly wrong.

And to save you time, I told you, I can still vote. I just don't count in the final tally.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 23, 2021, 11:57:50 pm »

You don't have to vote anyone. You just need to pick a sacrifice from one of the five. If you pick no one, I will assume you're picking yourself. If you'd like to pick outside that, I cannot stop you, but you'll be needlessly wrong.

And to save you time, I told you, I can still vote. I just don't count in the final tally.
Did you even read this post?  Care to re-read it?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 24, 2021, 12:08:16 am »

What, is this like an intelligence test or something?

You "mostly cleared" 4maskwolf while keeping TricMagic in your suspect pool, even though both Tric Magic and 4mask wolf ignored it.  And me, hence why I'm so pissed off.

Oh hey, maybe I should vote Webadict.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 24, 2021, 12:20:38 am »

Did you pick Vector, or did you pick no one? Looks like the latter too me.

Also weird pick. Entirely wrong, too. Aggressive. Very curious, and it makes you look very bad because by not picking, you are either admitting I'm correct, or you're saying I'm masterminding, which seems very suspicious, don't you think?

Also, don't pick Tric then, I don't care. I kinda agree, Tric might be a bad choice, but Tric didn't engage the same way 4mask did, so he's still on the list.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 24, 2021, 01:39:43 am »

Sorry, didn't see your post in time. Though we did just confirm like four townies, so on the bright side we now have a solid town block of players who would otherwise argue with each other.
Hm, how do you know you didn't just confirm at least one mafia?  It's pretty good cover.
What do you mean?

Check Webadict's post above this one.  Several players were able to play into the Knightwing64 mess.  One of which is probably mafia faking townie confusion.

I'm, of course, getting scum read because I actually know how to read.  I had the same confusion, but "figured it out" on my own.

Specifically, Knightwing64 failed to read this as town, or is the best mafia player ever.  Time will tell, I'm certainly not sure that Knightwing64 is town, but it would be a high-level mafia team bluff.

No D1 claims, Roden?
Oh...it's been a few days since reading the premise and signing up, so I actually forgot about that linked post. Ok, I guess nobody's confirmed then. It wouldn't be hard to fake ignorance about the set up WRT alignment. Though if anything, I think Toony is at the very least +town for mentioning a specific thing about the role PM. +Town to you as well for remembering that detail.

Also I'm not D1 claiming for once, and for a good reason. Without giving too much away, my ability is very likely to catch scum tonight as long as they don't know what exactly it is that I can do. If we have a Watcher, don't accounce yourself but I'd like for you to target me tonight in case mafia try to silence me.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 48