Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 48

Author Topic: Totem Mafia 3 - Vote Phase 3  (Read 33582 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Totem Mafia 3 - Vote Phase 1
« Reply #120 on: November 24, 2021, 12:06:46 pm »

@Jack:
Upgrading UselessMcMiner to town lean.  Have my posting crown, good sir.
Why?

@Useless:
Wow that's a lot of posts, but can you answer my question in my first post? You kind of answered it indirectly but I'd still like a direct response.

I agree that mech discussion could be harmful, however two players spamposting at each other can be even worse and let's scum hide in the chaos. I really don't want that to happen again either.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 24, 2021, 12:54:23 pm »

The Counting Stones
4maskwolf: 1: Toonyman
TricMagic: 2: 4maskwolf, Vector
UselessMcMiner: 1: Maximum Spin
webadict: 1: TricMagic

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Friday

MOD QUESTION FOR Mephansteras: If a player's vote doesn't count for the Elimination, does their vote still count to Shorten?

Good question! Vote abilities do not effect Shorten votes in any way. Every player gets 1 vote for those, period.

/vote Euchrejack

les go

Votes must be in red to count. Too easy for me to miss otherwise.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 24, 2021, 01:12:56 pm »

In the interests of full disclosure, I'll share a little about myself:
If I don't vote today, my vote counts for 2 tomorrow.

Hence, my reluctance to vote today.  I mean, I'll vote today if I deem it necessary, but I'd rather vote day 2 when we have more mechanical info to share.

@Webadict: I'm not going to bullied into voting for someone when my theory is that you're slinging bullshit.  Frankly, I'd rather vote you over TricMagic, Vector, EuchreJack, Maximum Spin, and UselessMcMiner.

TricMagic: Easy mislynch.  So far playing into Town meta.
Vector: Ok, I could be talked into supporting a vote on Vector.  Too active for D1 Vector.  Let's see what else we get.
Maximum Spin: Standard Day 1 Maximum Spin that I've seen as town, no reason to believe it would be different if Maximum Spin was mafia.
UselessMcMiner: Hasn't posted yet.  Hopefully will do so in 20 hours, or be replaced.  Might be a strategy to "Vote and see how they respond when they check the thread"

Oh, and no self-voting for me yet.  Hey Web, your vote doesn't count, so you could self-vote....
?????????????

Vector had to that point made a grand total of one post, a pretty standard RVS post. What is this take?

If Jack just slipped the scumteam is Jack/Vector I'm going to laugh my ass off.

EuchreJack

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 24, 2021, 02:36:12 pm »

also I’m automatically FoSing anyone who’ve posted basically no content by this point which I’m pretty sure includes only 4mask?
That would be me too.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 24, 2021, 02:37:47 pm »

4mask, can I ask why no push against me?

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: November 24, 2021, 02:40:36 pm »

You may.

Is there a reason you'd like me to push you?

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 24, 2021, 03:34:47 pm »

Tell me you've never played with Jack before without telling me you've never played with Jack before.

FYI, I don't want to write Jack off as locktown this early, but he's very much playing into his town meta AKA caffeinated paranoia. If he's scum we'll know because his posts will be muted beyond belief. If he calmed down now I could only assume he was targeted by a day mafia converter, that's how consistent he is.

Btw Jack if you actually did find one of Web's scum tells, that's honestly impressive. The best I've noticed is that Web has played bad cop/good cop both times he was mafia, and was generally less prone to being mean as town unless he genuinely thought somebody was being dumb.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 24, 2021, 03:40:27 pm »

also I’m automatically FoSing anyone who’ve posted basically no content by this point which I’m pretty sure includes only 4mask?
That would be me too.
I've actually been waiting for you to post more as well Tric.

Do you think the dumb tells WRT confusion over alignment were all genuine? Or do you think scum slipped into that group?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 24, 2021, 03:51:29 pm »

Btw Jack if you actually did find one of Web's scum tells, that's honestly impressive. The best I've noticed is that Web has played bad cop/good cop both times he was mafia, and was generally less prone to being mean as town unless he genuinely thought somebody was being dumb.
There's a distinct difference, although I'm not totally sure I can explain it otherwise than just pointing at the last two MVM3 rounds.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 24, 2021, 04:29:30 pm »

@4mask:
Bzzz wrong answer.

@Roden:
I feel the same, hence my question towards 4mask.

So right now:
Web is townlocking Knightwing (and Roden I guess).
Roden is townlocking Jack.

I can believe both of these. In which case if I make the daring assumption that Web and Roden are town as well that leaves the mafia inside Tric, Vector, Max, Useless, and 4mask. I can't tell currently for Web and Roden but I think this reasoning is alright.

UselessMcMiner

• Bay Watcher
  • praise jeebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 24, 2021, 04:32:21 pm »

@Jack:
Upgrading UselessMcMiner to town lean.  Have my posting crown, good sir.
Why?

@Useless:
Wow that's a lot of posts, but can you answer my question in my first post? You kind of answered it indirectly but I'd still like a direct response.

I agree that mech discussion could be harmful, however two players spamposting at each other can be even worse and let's scum hide in the chaos. I really don't want that to happen again either.

Overall I generally like to focus a lot on the progression of reads and the actual logical backend of reads

generally I don’t like responding to questions like these cause they’re kind of pointless lol

vote: Euchrejack
The scouts have been fighting a giant capuchin for the past month now. They still haven't killed it.

Obsidian 1053

The Sentries are still fighting the capuchin. For two monthes they have done nothing but punch this monkey.

UselessMcMiner

• Bay Watcher
  • praise jeebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: November 24, 2021, 04:32:47 pm »

why do you care
The scouts have been fighting a giant capuchin for the past month now. They still haven't killed it.

Obsidian 1053

The Sentries are still fighting the capuchin. For two monthes they have done nothing but punch this monkey.

UselessMcMiner

• Bay Watcher
  • praise jeebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: November 24, 2021, 04:34:37 pm »

Tell me you've never played with Jack before without telling me you've never played with Jack before.

FYI, I don't want to write Jack off as locktown this early, but he's very much playing into his town meta AKA caffeinated paranoia. If he's scum we'll know because his posts will be muted beyond belief. If he calmed down now I could only assume he was targeted by a day mafia converter, that's how consistent he is.

Like this post a lot, especially the last part

it’s definitely not aligned with Jack and Web at the very least

Obsidian 1053

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: November 24, 2021, 04:52:10 pm »

Overall I generally like to focus a lot on the progression of reads and the actual logical backend of reads

generally I don’t like responding to questions like these cause they’re kind of pointless lol

vote: Euchrejack
That's an odd statement given that Euchre's attack on me was very logical and generally feels like active progression. I don't see voting him as a logical conclusion of that. Your defense of your vote doesn't support it. I'm gonna stick with Roden on this one and say we keep EJ for now..

I'm also gonna throw in a bit of a crazy spin and say that it's proooobably not Useless either. Wrong conclusion and everything, some of the evidence feels genuine, so I'm gonna say no to that elim either. At least, not for now.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: November 24, 2021, 04:55:49 pm »

That would be me too.
I've actually been waiting for you to post more as well Tric.

Do you think the dumb tells WRT confusion over alignment were all genuine? Or do you think scum slipped into that group?
I have no clue what this means. WRT?
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 48