Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10

Author Topic: Idle games (2)  (Read 18465 times)

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: Idle games (2)
« Reply #45 on: December 16, 2021, 08:42:43 pm »

That specific upgrade is found under the factory's exotic skills tab. Exotic gems should be dropping from having some workers excavating mining layers (after getting the upgrade that gives a chance to drop exotic gems while mining layers). It's all a bit slow at first. It's an idle game after all. I think I waited 2.5 days or more to get my first t10 ore too. Right now that's sped up to about 3 t10 ores per day.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 17, 2021, 11:54:22 am »

Somewhat further down the line you get an upgrade so that you only need 1+4 instead of 1+8 powder to craft higher tier powder, so don't go crazy on upgrading it until you get that. Just only make what you need until then.

Yeah, but how do I do any of the upgrading? I can't build the next tier of belt for like 2.5 more days, because I need to wait on more refining.
A tier 9 belt is plenty for now. Do some more t9 refines, and build a t5 white producer, which has an absolutely absurd production rate of town cubes. That'll cover all costs for along time.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 17, 2021, 02:29:46 pm »

Somewhat further down the line you get an upgrade so that you only need 1+4 instead of 1+8 powder to craft higher tier powder, so don't go crazy on upgrading it until you get that. Just only make what you need until then.

I read that you can improve ores in the factory, but you need one of the ore quality you want to create. I think you mix the powder with like 8 of the next tier down, and you get several out? I know crushing ore into dust before you melt it in the oven gets you twice as many bars. But anything else that gets me a higher-tier belt so I can refine faster, so I can build better belts is great.

Focus on getting higher tier belt ASAP, and use town perks once you unlock them to increase factory machine (including belt) speed, and power plant boost to increase overall factory speed (HINT: upgrade yellow batteries. Use yellow batteries. Fully upgraded they are the best batteries)
I remember how happy I was to get my first piece of tier10 ore!
Yeah, but how do I do any of the upgrading? I can't build the next tier of belt for like 2.5 more days, because I need to wait on more refining.
A tier 9 belt is plenty for now. Do some more t9 refines, and build a t5 white producer, which has an absolutely absurd production rate of town cubes. That'll cover all costs for along time.

Tier 9? I'm saving up for T5. 9.5 more hours before I get my second batch of purple ore, so I can finally upgrade. Like 5 days to go from tier 4 to 5.

HINT: upgrade yellow batteries. Use yellow batteries. Fully upgraded they are the best batteries)

Dang, that's the best advice so far. I sold off several batteries because there's no way (yet) to generate enough power to use more than 9 (upgraded) yellows.

Edit: Is combustion way worse than it feels like it should be? It's *way* more expensive than any other module I have so far, and it only does like 12% of one unit's hp, when they die, to a few nearby units (which bounce probably already killed), and only sometimes does anything.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2021, 02:36:10 pm by Iduno »

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 17, 2021, 03:01:19 pm »

Combustion is decent. You'll love fire breath once you get that.

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 17, 2021, 08:04:41 pm »

...Wait, you can upgrade batteries at the power plant? I just put as many of the expensive ones as I could cram into empty spaces.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 18, 2021, 12:45:09 am »

Honestly your best bet is to ignore the Factory until you get asteroid mining up and running as it doesn't give enough returns for the amount of effort and fiddling it requires. Once you get asteroids automated you'll fill up with t10 machines and t5 producers within a couple of days, to the point where you'll have so much shit coming you probably won't know what to do with it :V

Also I really really wish they added some QoL automation and filtering features, hunting trough the factory tab to discard what you don't need and find what you want is a chore, and dealing with power stones in the museum even worse, and don't even get me started with some of the lab experiments (fucking coils and having to upgrade each and every single one of them individually).
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Empty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 18, 2021, 06:36:12 am »

What game are you all talking about?

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 18, 2021, 06:43:21 am »

Oh, it was mentioned ^^up there somewhere^^, but I must admit I'm treating it as an extremely cybered-up version of Mornington Crescent. It seems far more entertaining that way... ;)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 18, 2021, 06:45:01 am »

Perfect Tower 2, it seems.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 18, 2021, 09:31:54 am »

...Wait, you can upgrade batteries at the power plant? I just put as many of the expensive ones as I could cram into empty spaces.

Yeah. This game desperately needs more explanations of how things work, which modules affect each other, and what you can upgrade/how. I just learned that there are different levels of bosses, and clicked everywhere until I found out how to fight a tougher boss (you click the arrow next to fight). The wiki isn't even like an instruction manual, it's peppered with information that leads to you knowing you *can* do a thing, and then you have to go figure out how to make the game let you do it.

Also I really really wish they added some QoL automation and filtering features, hunting trough the factory tab to discard what you don't need and find what you want is a chore, and dealing with power stones in the museum even worse, and don't even get me started with some of the lab experiments (fucking coils and having to upgrade each and every single one of them individually).

Jopax gets it.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 18, 2021, 11:41:03 am »

Honestly your best bet is to ignore the Factory until you get asteroid mining up and running as it doesn't give enough returns for the amount of effort and fiddling it requires.
I disagree. I thought it was amusing to figure out, if a bit finicky and annoying, and rushed T2 producers. 100 white blocks per second from each T2 white producer felt very strong at the point I got them, and an orange T2 was great for feeding miner workers, but higher tier ore was slow enough that I built one T3 white producer and decided to wait on further upgrades until I get upgraded mines and factories.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 18, 2021, 05:10:46 pm »

Jopax gets it.
There is a keybinding that is empty by default to delete things in the factory, powerstones are a chore but if you set up an autoclicker script that lets you place autoclicks it gets a lot easier. Same with the coil experiment, an autoclicker and using the arrow keys makes it much easier.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 18, 2021, 06:48:09 pm »

I found a pretty neat some-what-idle game called orb of creation, and unfortunately it seems unfinished for now, but it's still fun.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 21, 2021, 05:19:38 pm »

Yeah. This game desperately needs more explanations of how things work, which modules affect each other, and what you can upgrade/how. I just learned that there are different levels of bosses, and clicked everywhere until I found out how to fight a tougher boss (you click the arrow next to fight). The wiki isn't even like an instruction manual, it's peppered with information that leads to you knowing you *can* do a thing, and then you have to go figure out how to make the game let you do it.
Some things don't even look like buttons. I just found out that you can click the word 'Blueprint' in the workshop to create new blueprints you can switch between, without having to remake them every time you want to optimize for different enemies.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 22, 2021, 05:49:51 pm »

Oh wow. I missed that one!
I kept wondering why they got rid of that functionality (PT1 has it too)
Thanks!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10