Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Tileset use with the Autumn Kingdom mod  (Read 1954 times)

Justiceface

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Tileset use with the Autumn Kingdom mod
« on: November 03, 2021, 09:16:17 pm »

I'm not having a great day today so please forgive me if this is a noob kind of question. I saw Kruggsmash's videos with Squamous' new Autumn Kingdom mod and they look so cute and peaceful I wanted to try it. I've put the tileset (I renamed it to a name i would remember but I kept the name consistent whenever I put it in the init files) itself in more places than it probably needs to be but I still don't get pumpkinheads. I get lowercase I's instead. I put the tileset file, which I named df_autumn_tileset.png in /data/art, in each of the save folders I have (current and region1), and it's even in the root df_linux folder because I figured why not, it's a small file. I've put graphics to yes and replaced all the instances of curses fonts with the df_autumn_tileset.png name. I checked the wiki to see if I'd missed any places and I don't think I have... can anybody tell me why I have little i's instead of cute pumpkins? The image file itself has the pumpkins in it, in the second and third slots starting from the top and moving right. There's also one right before (to the left of) the capital A a bit further down the image.

I do have control of pumpkinhead folks: their descriptions tell the colour of their stems and describe eyeholes and such. I can't think of anything else right now that you might need to know but please tell me if you need more info. I hope you folks can help me out here. Thanks in advance for reading, and for any assistance.
If you have okay wrestling, you can stab someone in the lower body, making their guts pop out. If you then wrestle and pinch the guts, you can sever them. By then, the guy's probably unconscious. If he's not, strangle him until he is and cave in his skull with the guts.

No, really.

Mobbstar

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Mossbird
    • View Profile
    • my website
Re: Tileset use with the Autumn Kingdom mod
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2021, 03:44:18 am »

The tileset Krugg posted is not compatible with the Fall Special on the DF File Depot.

I believe you can manually change the pumpkin tile by opening ./raw/creature_civilised_pumpkin.txt and changing [CREATURE_TILE:'i'] to [CREATURE_TILE:1] and [CREATURE_SOLDIER_TILE:139] to [CREATURE_SOLDIER_TILE:2].

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2021, 03:57:40 am »

This is the best way to do it - that little modification by yourself. The other, harder method would be to edit the tile set so 'i' looks like the pumpkin, which would of course make text look a bit silly.

Edit: the reason for this is pretty simple, you can play more than just pumpkins in squamous' mod, so each just has a letter attached to them instead of taking the default dwarf icon.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2021, 07:11:46 am by delphonso »

Mobbstar

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Mossbird
    • View Profile
    • my website
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2021, 06:00:14 am »

For protocol: Krugg acknowledges this issue at the end of the new episode posted an hour ago.

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2021, 09:27:42 am »

Thanks!  I was having the same problem!
The most EVIL creature in Dwarf Fortress!

Justiceface

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2021, 02:44:23 pm »

Thanks folks! In case people reading this later have this problem, remember that if you have a save you have to modify the file in the save folder as well. Also, make sure you mind the single quotes when changing [CREATURE_TILE:'i'] to [CREATURE_TILE:1] or you'll get little number 1's running about. >.> In my excitement I wound up restarting about three times because first I forgot I had to put the change in the save folder's file, not just the main one, and then I munged the single quotes. But I now have little pumpkinheads! YAY! Looking forward to getting back to this after the day is over in a few hours. Cosy cute comfy little pumpkinheads... :)
If you have okay wrestling, you can stab someone in the lower body, making their guts pop out. If you then wrestle and pinch the guts, you can sever them. By then, the guy's probably unconscious. If he's not, strangle him until he is and cave in his skull with the guts.

No, really.

Mobbstar

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Mossbird
    • View Profile
    • my website
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2021, 03:49:41 pm »

Thanks folks! In case people reading this later have this problem, remember that if you have a save you have to modify the file in the save folder as well. Also, make sure you mind the single quotes when changing [CREATURE_TILE:'i'] to [CREATURE_TILE:1] or you'll get little number 1's running about. >.> In my excitement I wound up restarting about three times because first I forgot I had to put the change in the save folder's file, not just the main one, and then I munged the single quotes. But I now have little pumpkinheads! YAY! Looking forward to getting back to this after the day is over in a few hours. Cosy cute comfy little pumpkinheads... :)

Right, I forgot to point those pitfalls out.  Congratulations!

Pump-kins, pump-kins, yummy yummy pump-kins...