Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13

Author Topic: Bay12 NetBattlers: The S-Files  (Read 16478 times)

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
Re: Bay12 NetBattlers: An Unlikely Tomb
« Reply #90 on: January 21, 2022, 01:08:54 pm »

Score's face flickered onto the screen. Her expression, somewhat uncharacteristically, looked rather concerned.
"Lehtonen-sama, I must request your immediate assistance with something."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 21, 2022, 03:39:59 pm »

"...What's up, Score?"

Kauko immediately bringing up status panels, checking for errors in her systems...
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #92 on: January 21, 2022, 03:43:47 pm »

"I. . . may have made a slight error."
The Navi stepped back from the "camera" to reveal the digital environment she occupied. An environment that happened to be flooded past her knees, with the culprit appearing to be a rather vigorous sprinkler in one corner.
"The triggers for the sprinkler program's automatic routine I prepared may not have been properly calculated."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 21, 2022, 04:07:29 pm »

"...yeah, that's a problem. I think it also may have had a weird reaction with the cooling program I used to handle the overheating issue. I submitted patch notes!"

The patch notes were probably under a few feet of water by now
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #94 on: January 21, 2022, 04:22:39 pm »

"L-Lehtonen-sama, I do not believe I will be able to access the patch notes at this time."
Score glanced worriedly at the sprinkler as it continued to flood the room.
"I am uncertain of how to nondestructively shut the program down."
GM of Trespassers V2.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 21, 2022, 04:44:22 pm »

Kauko pushed up his glasses, enjoying the mental puzzle, but a bit worried for Scores safety.

"Well, I'm guessing the program has gone viral...we'll have to get delete or remove the water from the room before we can scrub the program. Any ideas on your end?"

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #96 on: January 21, 2022, 04:52:39 pm »

"If the flow could be temporarily diverted somewhere, it might allow the room to drain."
". . . I am uncertain that this room has drainage by default, so that may be necessary as well."
GM of Trespassers V2.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 21, 2022, 05:00:08 pm »

"Hmm. WindKnights PET, I designed with porous ground-he likes to simulate the weather and do gardening for his digiplants. I don't think he'll mind if we give him some more rain...but, ah, the quickest way to do it would be for you to make an opening for me to transfer the water. Can you make a drain in the floor? I can slot in some battlechips..."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #98 on: January 21, 2022, 07:00:49 pm »

Score glanced at the flooding room for another short moment, reviewed her options, then calmly summoned her sword and drove the oversized weapon point-first into the floor.
GM of Trespassers V2.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 22, 2022, 10:11:50 am »

Score glanced at the flooding room for another short moment, reviewed her options, then calmly summoned her sword and drove the oversized weapon point-first into the floor.

With the strike of her energy blade, a perfectly square depressions forms in the floor! A strong whirlpool is summoned and begins to suck the water-and all the floating debris-downwards...

WindKnight had tuned out of the conversation as it got depressingly 'technical' in nature. He didn't quite care about the finer points of the workings of the magic which formed his armaments, only that it worked.

Instead, he had begun work on his next time killing project-turning the fragments of the craggers code, he had formed the creatures head in his little garden, and was in the process of turning it into a decorative fountain. He was sure what was left of the virus would be happier as a sedate garden rock, without anyone to annoy its peaceful slumber-its crazy red eyes now glowed a relaxed ocean-blue, and it had retaken its original form as a Goddess statue.

Then, WindKnight felt a drop of water strike his helmet...

"...Rain again?" WindKnight said, looking into the sky. Then he was struck on the head by a flat digital pad (briefly flashing by, the pad read [KAUKOS PATCH NOTES 11/27/20XX]). He noticed a rain of similar junk was coming along with the water!

"Perhaps it will be prudent to take cover." WindKnight said, moving to the cover of his porch. Said porch was actually as large as his entire house. Kauko had cleverly designed it take up the same digital space. Once he moved into the front door, it simply reconfigured the same area as his 'house'. As long as he closed his eyes during the upload, he hardly noticed!

He watched from the comfort of his favorite 16-bit chair as his yard was plastered in increasingly strange objects (Apparently, winter was coming?) and wondered if he had, perhaps, brought about this calamity.

Scores room went through some strange iterations as Kauko rapidly attempts to fix the malfunctioning program. First of all, he managed to stop it-this was good. Second, the remaining water in the room turned into harmless steam. This was better. Then the clouds of steam abruptly turned into a rain of snow which covered the room in a chilly blanket. This was not good.

« Last Edit: January 22, 2022, 10:26:00 am by Dwarmin »

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #100 on: January 22, 2022, 11:25:43 am »

Score breathed a sigh of relief when the water began to disappear. It was slightly less relieving when she realized there were several important bits of data being swept up in the stream, something she responded to by conjuring what was more or less a grate out of hard light. The rapid temperature fluctuations that followed did not help her endeavor to salvage her files, either.
"Lehtonen-sama, is the t-temperature intended to be changing at this rate?"
"Also, I m-must send my sincere apologies to WindKnight-san for the trouble."
GM of Trespassers V2.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 22, 2022, 12:20:57 pm »

"Rats! I didn't account for the cooling program again...alright, let's try this to get the temperature back to mainline! Initiating Emergency Protocol-ClownCircus!"

There was no explanation why Kauko had an emergency clown protocol in his system, nor why he had to say it so dramatically with everyone listening.

In Scores room-the snow suddenly ran back into a clear liquid which smelled vaguely of fried food, then the liquid coalesced into small spheres, and the spheres turned into thousands of multi-colored, squeaky rubber balls.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #102 on: January 22, 2022, 12:29:57 pm »

"What."

The problem was solved for the moment, but the solution only raised more questions. Primarily, the one of what to do with these things, besides attempt to ignore their presence until such a time as Kauko could repair her botched installation.

". . . is this a standard protocol on PETs?"

She was fairly certain it wasn't, but her memory was still shot full of holes, and she hadn't been on a standard terminal before besides.
GM of Trespassers V2.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 22, 2022, 01:34:37 pm »

"...Well, it's not a standard PET!" Kauko said defensively. "...I needed to stabilize the meta-elements to a non-harmful state, and nobody gets hurt at the cyber-circus, right? Everyone loves ClownMan.EXE!*

In any case, it worked! The temperature has stabilized! And now, with a simple command I..."
Kaukos hand-one of which was holding an E-Tank-moved his cursor, and hovered briefly over the program commands for [Magma Purge], [Sharknado], and [Ceiling Laser Buzzsaws], to finally settle on [BubblyDance UwU (Non-Lethal)]

Rapidly, the thousands of rubber balls became thousands of clear iridescent bubbles! Which floated into the sky...and abruptly popped en masse. Leaving the room moist-but not drowned, steamed, frozen, fried, or clowned on.

*[citation needed]

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #104 on: January 22, 2022, 04:00:44 pm »

". . . It did address the issue." Score sighed. "My apologies for causing trouble."
GM of Trespassers V2.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13