Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13

Author Topic: Bay12 NetBattlers: The S-Files  (Read 16427 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 NetBattlers: An Unlikely Tomb
« Reply #135 on: February 08, 2022, 05:17:13 pm »

Score listened to the back and forth quietly, arranging her disorganized files and sending a few transfer requests to WindKnight when she realized which ones were absent. Something about the discussion caught her, though, and she paused in place for a moment before pinging her operator.

>Lehtonen-sama.
>If I could ask you a question?

Kauko gave a huge yawn, despite her earlier assertions.

"Go ahead, I'm listening."
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #136 on: February 08, 2022, 05:21:51 pm »

>I am a fully custom battling Navi.
>It is obvious that my previous operator was either an expert or a person of some wealth.
>There is a clear possible origin for me.
>If we discover that I am a VDP product, and/or that my original operator was VDP personnel, what will you do?
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 08, 2022, 06:15:48 pm »

Kauko raised one eyebrow.

"Well, first, I'd have to take a second look at you to make sure they didn't install any SpyCust I didn't catch on the first pass.

As for VDP products...it's sort of hard to be opposed to them in general, they're in practically everything already. I have no moral opposition to using them, mind you-parts of your PET are VDP gear already, though I don't use it store bought, just mix and match what I need. I'm not exactly sentimental when it comes to tech. If it is efficient and useful, I'll use it...I'm just opposed to being owned by them.

Of course, if we knew your operator, then we'd have to return you to him-or her. Along with whatever you have in the shadow account.

And, we might have to take certain actions to keep us both safe. I'm not sure who designed you, what you were designed for. Or why you were down there in the first place. We'd need to find answers to all these questions. Since VDP can be quite enthusiastic when it comes to reclaiming what they view as copyright tech. They might not exactly care about what you want once they have you. And if your operator was trying to hide or free you from VDP, I'd not forgive myself I delivered you back to them..."

Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #138 on: February 09, 2022, 12:59:54 pm »

There was a long moment of silence on Score's end. Almost long enough that one might expect her to have chosen to not respond at all, until another message blip appeared on the PET.

>Thank you again.
>I should apologize for doubting you, Lehtonen-sama.
>I hope our work together can continue to help both of us.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: February 11, 2022, 02:02:06 pm »

Kauko nodded.

"Your situation is unique. It requires a unique perspective.

Anyway, once we've divvied up these profits, I'll make sure your share gets into the Shadow Account. It is essentially a sub-tank of my own personal accounts, but the means to access the funds belong only to you-legally, part of it actually belongs to your operator, but you can make financial decisions in their absence.

I actually generated the key using the BAT file you have, so it is literally a part of you. You held onto that, right?"

WindKnight shoveled an interesting object out of the muddy ground-it looked like a blue, holographic key, with green circuit patterns. Scores Navi mark could be seen on the handle.

"This looks important." WindKnight opined, walking over to place it in his mailbox and send it to Score.

At least his yard was looking a little nicer. He had no idea what to do with all these rubber balls, though. Asking Kauko to spell them away might turn them into bombs.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2022, 02:04:35 pm by Dwarmin »

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #140 on: February 13, 2022, 12:15:14 am »

>It was stored safely in here.

There was a pause as Score searched her section of the PET for the item in question.

>The operative term being 'was.'
>It appears to be missing.
>WindKnight may have encountered it.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2022, 02:09:41 pm by Chevaleresse »
GM of Trespassers V2.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: February 13, 2022, 08:04:29 am »

There was a beep~thunk as another of WindKnights deliveries arrived in scores PET, this one containing the key, a datapad labeled 'patch notes', and a canister filled with warm energy-soup,  probably made from the viruses they had deleted earlier. Judging by the delicious smell (polished metal and ozone) the E-Soup had been made recently.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: February 23, 2022, 10:38:29 pm »

The morning arrives too quickly, but one of the nice things about being 'treasure hunters' is that the Lehtonen siblings can sleep in as long as they want to. When they were finally ready to face the day they would find that Thomas has sent them a message.

Quote from: Thomas
It'll take me a while but I figure that you'll want an advance to help prepare. If things go well I'll send the remaining amount.

Clearly he must think that the urn is worth something since attached is 7500 zenny. Of course that has to be split between two people and three navis,  purchase needed chips and programs for the task ahead.

Of course first they had to figure out what was needed for the task ahead. Being a public institution, they could always travel to the Papadopoulos District and scout the Kythera University out on foot or on the net before committing to a plan. Passes are required to enter the buildings proper but wandering outside to have a look wouldn't be remarkable as long as they blended in with all of the students, staff and visitors going about their business.

Alternatively the group does have access to the Undernet as part of their 'work'. It would be a short trip through the Beach Square to reach it and check its BBS for information or ask around for any weaknesses in the university's network. Of course the denizens of the Undernet are unlikely to give up important information for free, but they probably know more in-depth information about the network. Some students might have left holes in security to exploit, or forgotten their passes or something of the sort. It wouldn't hurt to ask around.

Of course they could always look at something else or check the local BBSs for anything interesting. There is no pressing need to get that data decrypted after all.

Shopping:
Spoiler: VDPsoft Vendors (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Undernet Bazaar (click to show/hide)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: February 24, 2022, 12:24:06 pm »

Kauko had composed an offhand list of the stock they had hand to purchase.

"...Hmm...see anything you like, Lumi? What about you-WindKnight, Score?"

"...I believe this would be a useful upgrade to the AirShot spell." WindKnight said, weighing the Wind chips wireframe in his hands-he shot out an experimental wind blast!

Unlike VDP, Stephandis provided demo versions of all their products allowing Navi to test them out before buying. WindKnight played with the Repair Chip, mending holographic statues, before nodding in approval. This would be useful for working in the garden.

"A blessing to my courage would hardly be remiss as well..." WindKnight said, eyeing the bravery boost (it was an NCP with a flaming lion on the front-quite heroic!) with gleaming golden eyes.

Kauko eyed a few mass produced NCPs he thought could be useful for gathering information and added them to the shopping list.

Action: Kauko buys Wind, Bravery +1 NCP, Repair, ProgRadar and ContentAware for 3500Z

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #144 on: February 24, 2022, 12:39:07 pm »

"The Trailblazer program. I believe it would increase my combat efficiency." Score gazed at the description, feeling an odd tug somewhere in her code. "It may have been a component in my battle routine previously." Gazing at the scattered files in her environment for a moment, she considered their current placements, then shuffled them about after a moment.
"I believe a Recharger would complement this."
« Last Edit: February 24, 2022, 01:22:26 pm by Chevaleresse »
GM of Trespassers V2.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: February 24, 2022, 01:05:47 pm »

"I think the only thing SnowMan needs is this," Lumi said, purchasing an IceSlasher and adding it to her NAVI's repertoire. "Honestly there's a lot of nice things here, and I'm not sure what else would be good, but between this and the SonicWaveA we found he should be prepared enough."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: February 24, 2022, 01:17:26 pm »

"...Adding up purchases..."

Quote from: Team Funds
Starting = 7500 (urn) + 1500 (Datafrags) = 9000Z

Purchases
Kauko: Wind (500) Bravery +1 NCP (1000), Info+1 NCP (1000), Repair (1000), ProgRadar (500) and ContentAware (500) = 4500Z
Score: TrailBlazer (1500), Recharger (1000) = 2500Z
Lumi: IceSlasher (1000) = 1000Z
Circe: Affinity +1 (1000), Harmonizer (500) 1500Z

Sales
-1 HeavenTrackA NCP (+1000)

Remaining = 500Z
« Last Edit: February 25, 2022, 09:42:40 am by Dwarmin »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: February 24, 2022, 02:33:07 pm »

A short time later, WindKnight had armored himself with new purchases and artifacts they had looted from the tomb.

He gigaposed with his new BronzeFist, like the legendary navi of old, feeling a surge of newfound bravery.

"...this will surely come in handy." WindKnight said.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #148 on: March 03, 2022, 04:00:30 pm »

"Lehtonen-sama, I have two requests. Firstly, I would like assistance with configuring this new program. Second, I would like the files pertaining to the wordplay WindKnight just committed to be purged from my database."
GM of Trespassers V2.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: March 03, 2022, 04:22:42 pm »

"Yikes! Apparently WindKnights arsenal is already becoming more lethal-he's quipping at energy levels normally reserved for Snowman! I'll get on those upgrades right away, sheesh...just remember to read the patch notes!"

"...'Talk to the hand'! Wait, that's sort of rude, sorry...'I could defeat you with one hand tied behind my back'! Better!...or, 'Thirsty? How about some PUNCH'!" WindKnight said, posing.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13