Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Eternity Orbit (SG)  (Read 3099 times)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Eternity Orbit (SG)
« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2021, 06:05:53 pm »

Turn off the visual overlay. Lets see if we're in charge of our own systems.  (Also, if we are a construct that was never intended to be self-willed, and this is some kinda weird accident, then we won't be able to do this kind of thing at all.)
« Last Edit: October 20, 2021, 06:17:20 pm by Devastator »

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 20, 2021, 06:07:09 pm »

"Why was I put into cryo?"

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
  • Alias: Setokaiva
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 20, 2021, 10:32:18 pm »

While we're just here, let's pocket a few things. Take the antiseptic, bandages, the medical nanites and, hopefully, scissors for cutting cloth (and other things). Also let's definitely put on a coat and gloves, because rubber/latex gloves are hella useful to avoid getting shocked messing with wires, and the coat'll be a little warmer plus keep contaminants off us.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 21, 2021, 03:46:57 am »

We should also probably take one of the crutches ether to aid us walking or a weapon if needed.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 21, 2021, 09:55:05 am »

Turn off the visual overlay. Lets see if we're in charge of our own systems.  (Also, if we are a construct that was never intended to be self-willed, and this is some kinda weird accident, then we won't be able to do this kind of thing at all.)

It takes you a second to figure out how, but you turn off the overlay. It flickers, briefly, and goes away - leaving your vision clear of the clock that had appeared.

"Why was I put into cryo?"

Why is anyone? You don't appear injured, beyond the obvious muscle atrophy and memory loss, which could be explained by an extended stay in cryostatis. Perhaps you were bored with life and wished to wait for a more interesting time. Perhaps you were running from something, or travelling. There's as many reasons to be put into cryo as there are human beings.

While we're just here, let's pocket a few things. Take the antiseptic, bandages, the medical nanites and, hopefully, scissors for cutting cloth (and other things). Also let's definitely put on a coat and gloves, because rubber/latex gloves are hella useful to avoid getting shocked messing with wires, and the coat'll be a little warmer plus keep contaminants off us.

We should also probably take one of the crutches ether to aid us walking or a weapon if needed.

You throw on the coat over your jumpsuit and begin stuffing medical supplies into the coat pockets and your utility belt. The Medical Nanites syringe gets put into a pocket you assume would be used for a datapad of some sort - it's the right shape, and padded. You put some gloves on too, just in case they come in handy, and then grab a crutch - both to help you walk, and to have a weapon.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Gear (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Connections (click to show/hide)

((Let me know if I'm forgetting anything.))

<<<     <     >
« Last Edit: October 21, 2021, 02:00:26 pm by chaotic skies »
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 21, 2021, 10:23:18 am »

Muscle atrophy? Holy crap, that's a mess. There's no waiting that out in any reasonable timeframe, we'd need months of physical therapy to recover. Take a closer look at the medical nanites. Are they rated to help with muscular problems that severe? Pay close attention to the warnings, of course. But if it can help us, that's something to think of.

Anyway, now that we're better situated, let's start talking to Crystal about what we need to do here. Can they plot us a route? Better yet, could that key into our visual overlay? Let's see what our next move is.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 21, 2021, 11:24:31 am »

"If this place is dangerous, maybe we should prioritize leaving over fixing up the place. Are you at all portable?"

SystemsTestCanary

• Bay Watcher
  • watching.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 21, 2021, 11:33:14 am »

((PTW.

Were aspects of this game inspired by Halcyon Crown, by any chance?

Edit: ... or vice versa -  your account's a lot older than I thought.))

Are you at all portable?"

Crystal is in our head, no? Or at least communicating with us that way.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2021, 11:36:34 am by SystemsTestCanary »
some end in flashes of Gold, some end in Blood, some, in Fire.

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 21, 2021, 01:59:53 pm »

((PTW.

Were aspects of this game inspired by Halcyon Crown, by any chance?

Edit: ... or vice versa -  your account's a lot older than I thought.))

Are you at all portable?"

Crystal is in our head, no? Or at least communicating with us that way.

((Yeah, both Halcyon Crown and McCreary's Planet, the other game ran in the same universe, were sort of the inspiration for this. Not...all of it, I don't want to steal everything, but some of the mechanics and status/etc. spoilers are. I've always had a bit of a thing for the idea of eternity/immortality though, so that's mostly all me.

I almost certainly didn't have an influence on either game, though - I hadn't posted in a long time when McCreary's Planet was started, and hadn't started a game in a long time. I've definitely never done anything like this or Halcyon crown before!

Crystal is in your head, yes.))

Muscle atrophy? Holy crap, that's a mess. There's no waiting that out in any reasonable timeframe, we'd need months of physical therapy to recover. Take a closer look at the medical nanites. Are they rated to help with muscular problems that severe? Pay close attention to the warnings, of course. But if it can help us, that's something to think of.

Anyway, now that we're better situated, let's start talking to Crystal about what we need to do here. Can they plot us a route? Better yet, could that key into our visual overlay? Let's see what our next move is.

You take a closer look at the medical nanites. Warning include a long list of scenarios not to use the nanites in - namely starvation and extreme blood loss, but they're also not rated for intense head trauma, or much of anything involving your brain beyond a moderate concussion. There's also some notes that improper genemodding, intense cybernetic modification, and non-human patients can cause a long list of complicated issues.

They are, however, apparently designed to help with the rest of the side effects of prolonged cryogenic storage - muscle atrophy included. It notes that anyone with muscle atrophy should be taken to a proper hospital for rehabilitation in all but the most extreme of circumstances, and to have plenty of nutrients to supply the patient with. The nanites will use them to reconstruct bodily tissue, but they have to have resources to build with, or they won't do much of anything before dying out.

"Hey Crystal, can you plot me a route to wherever you need me? I've got an overlay you could route it to."

I can supply you a map and a course to my main core, you'll be closer to most of my vital components there, but I cannot guarantee it to be accurate. There are some deadzones in my sensors and cameras - I can't see what's in there. I can plot around these, but it could double the length of your trip.

As for your overlay...you'll have to grant me access, but I should be able to figure out whatever you've got running and project it on there.

Whatever you decide, taking a right on the way out of your current location will bring you closer to me.

"If this place is dangerous, maybe we should prioritize leaving over fixing up the place. Are you at all portable?"

...No. I'm built in to the station. Theoretically I could be compressed down for storage and transport, but it'd be like putting a human into cryo.

<<<     <     >
« Last Edit: October 21, 2021, 02:01:42 pm by chaotic skies »
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 21, 2021, 03:42:07 pm »

"I got knocked out again from something poking about in my head just a bit ago.  Better stay out of my head until we can get it scanned."

"I mean, for all I know I was the one who caused all this."

Follow Crystal's directions, but take a bit of extra time to look for signs, markings, or other designations.

(I'm fine with cooperating with whatever Crystal is for now, but I'd rather not give someone full-access to our sensory organs, even if we're not already compromised.  I'd much rather have a tablet or phone or something than having someone hacked into our aural organs.)

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 21, 2021, 03:52:24 pm »

We should keep an eye open for food and water. That nutri-gel and stuff back in cryo would've been helpful it wasn't all tied up in the pods. There might be a reservoir where it comes from, but there must also be some kind of non-perishable food to find around here. We're really weak right now and could use it.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 21, 2021, 03:55:07 pm »

Absolutely, we're going to need some food.

Yellow Pixel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 21, 2021, 04:37:21 pm »

Follow Crystal's directions, but take a bit of extra time to look for signs, markings, or other designations.
+1

Keeping our brain privacy and searching for food sounds pretty good to me as well.

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 21, 2021, 06:18:41 pm »

Actually wait, nvm, I forgot we weren't in the medical supplies unit for a sec, it's just like a cabinet. No prob. But yeah, water for sure. Or an ORS (oral rehydration solution; they give those to people who throw up) would help, even.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 21, 2021, 06:27:29 pm »

Yup, if we're in immediate danger than it'll be good to get the muscle atrophy taken care of using space magic nanites rather than the slow way. And for that we'll need a lot of food.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4