Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: What's going on in your legends?  (Read 9332 times)

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your legends?
« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2022, 06:19:58 pm »

I semi-consistently keep getting worlds which are overrun by necromancers. All civilised sites fall in the first 300 years, then the rest of 750 years whizz by in 5 seconds with little to no activity. It is because my worldgen settings, I know; I turn the civs and sites all the way down and increase savagery and beasts, and always generate very long histories.

At least I get to have the monarch since the civs never truly die, and stay struggling.

Yeah, they just make disconnected camps. All over. They never truly die off. When they do, it is rare and it is usualy the kobolds.
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. I also geld memes.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2022, 10:37:28 pm »

Some very strange shit is happening in my world. As I saw in Legends viewer, the queen of my civilization seems to have recently participated in a goblin attack on one of my civilization's holdings, on the side of goblins (in an aptly named Outrageous War). She also dreams of becoming immortal, and is listed as former member of my civ, and present member of a goblin civ.

Is it a bug? Should I assassinate my own queen, just out of caution?

Interesting.  Does she have an alternate identity?

Damn, the queen went undercover.

dikbutdagrate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 03, 2022, 04:18:00 am »

One of the dwarf barons evidently threw one of their illegitimate heirs, as an infant, into a pit full of nondescript beasts. Its pretty weird stuff, as this is a vanilla DF install!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I'm still trying to figure out how this happened exactly. The baron participated in a military raid on a nearby goblin pit controlled by the baron's lover at the time, who was the lady of the local goblin government. Her mother / the infant's grandmother moved to the goblin pit "to be with the master" as opposed to being kidnapped. I dunno. Is there like some hard-coded thing where barons will throw their unwanted illegitimate heirs into a feral moose pit, as long as its during a military campaign?

Like this whole save file is completely cursed. Two of my adventurer's initial spawns involved the surrounding terrain collapsing around them and nearly knocking them out. And one human civ has had like 125 lawgivers by year 253. And one of those law-givers was apparently kidnapped by kobolds? Pfft, like how in the hell does that happen? What did they even want with him? They apparently just put him in a cave for 49 years, and he died of old age, and like, thats it.

Kobold: "Flabin flabidabis! Grabidlabaldis?!"
Human Law-Giver: "I'm irritable. I slept on the ground again."

It's a cursed save.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2022, 04:50:47 am by dikbutdagrate »

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #33 on: July 03, 2022, 01:41:22 pm »

Lmao that is absolutely cursed. I have no idea if that's a bug or a feature, as is customary for much of DF - emergent story telling is born from such blursed moments

dikbutdagrate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 03, 2022, 05:28:31 pm »

Yeah, it turns out the baby tossing has nothing to do with a quirk of temporarily inherited goblin ethics. Like most other problems in this game, the elves are, of course, to blame. Elven ethics, specifically. I mean obviously, why wouldn't the elves be at fault?

The goblin pit, Dungssteal, was also raided by a human civ and an elf civ during the same month of Sandstone in the year 52 (mid-autumn). The Dwarf baron's baby tossing is listed as occurring during the elven raid, even though the baron only participated in the dwarf raid. Due to the lack of date exactness in legends, stuff got screwy.

« Last Edit: July 30, 2022, 10:57:10 pm by dikbutdagrate »

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 26, 2023, 07:51:07 pm »

I just think this is neat
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. I also geld memes.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #36 on: January 27, 2023, 10:44:03 am »

It's a Kobold world. You're just living in it

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 27, 2023, 07:24:11 pm »

The worldgen ticker is a fun way to pass time while a big world is brewing up.

What do we have, hmm. Fox man necromancer, sparrow man necromancer, usual stuff. And then just as you're losing focus, someone kills and devours a hydra. Ha ha.
Pages: 1 2 [3]