Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Is there a way to mass remove giant animals and animal people from the raws?  (Read 1112 times)

Belvita

• Bay Watcher
  • Percutiet terram!
    • View Profile

Animal people are disgusting freaks and I don't like dealing with them.
So far I've tried to cull them by removing the entries under [CREATURE_VARIATION:ANIMAL_PERSON] and [CREATURE_VARIATION:ANIMAL_PERSON_LEGLESS] in c_variation_default, but this somehow didn't remove them from the raws as I was still able to play as them in my next generated world.
I also tried the cullmens tool (https://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=6305) but it looks like the raws have changed enough since 2013 that this doesn't work any more.
Has anyone had more success on this front?
Elves - The least dangerous game.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile

Not that I'm aware of, but you can always open every file and delete every entry manually.

Also, the tiny fuzzy friends are objectively adorable you heartless monster.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website

The objects in c_variation_default define the creature variation, not which creatures use them. If you remove them that should break the animal people (kind-of reverting them into copies of the base animals), but they would not disappear. What you want to remove is all creatures with either [APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:ANIMAL_PERSON] or [APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:ANIMAL_PERSON_LEGLESS].

You could also use this tool, but it might take some time to get into, and the description included in the post is kind of a mess. You'd want to make a mod (like the example mods, a subfolder in /mods with a mod_info.txt and an /objects folder) with a single raw file looking something like this:
Code: [Select]
creature_cullmens

[OBJECT:CREATURE]
[CREATURE:REMOVE:BY_TOKEN_PRECISE:APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:ANIMAL_PERSON]
[CREATURE:REMOVE:BY_TOKEN_PRECISE:APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:ANIMAL_PERSON_LEGLESS]
And then compile it along with the vanilla raws, the "cullmens mod" you just created placed below the vanilla raws in the "selected" list.

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
  • euphoric due to inebriation
    • View Profile

Another option would be to add [CV_NEW_TAG:DOES_NOT_EXIST] to [CREATURE_VARIATION:ANIMAL_PERSON_LEGLESS] and [CREATURE_VARIATION:ANIMAL_PERSON] in c_variation_default.txt.

This doesn't completely remove the creatures, but prevents them from spawning during world gen (they can still be summoned).