Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Making a Deep Dwarf underground Civ? Also does perfectworld work?  (Read 1407 times)

DizzyCrash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Making a Deep Dwarf underground Civ? Also does perfectworld work?
« on: September 23, 2021, 01:41:39 pm »

I was thinking of exparimenting with an idea of adding like deep dwarves to DF,a hostile civ of evil dwarves who live on deep layers like the subteranian animal people but with better weapons.

Will this work?
Like can i add a hostile force of dwarves marching around underground waiting to just stomp in peaceful miner skulls on sight?

While I am asking questions.. Does the perfectworld utility still work? It looks like it hasnt been supported for a WHILE and the last listed version for DF it supported looks out of date. is there any way to shape your map anymore?

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Making a Deep Dwarf underground Civ? Also does perfectworld work?
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2021, 07:38:28 am »

Figuratively, but generally no.

[LAYER_CONNECTED] entities as a token creates the underground campfire dwelling, sewer infesting kinds of animalpeople and whatever with access to all 3 levels but they aren't a real civilization in a manner of speaking. You can totally equip them with better materials by removing their elfish limiting fixtures and giving them larger role-jobs but the more accessible route would be to play a fortress of them yourself, by using DFhack scripts to start below ground or near a cave for RP value.

Real deep dwarves are still a outstanding development goal that will probably come after the map-rewrite.

I hadnt noticed any problems with perfectworld so far, nothing worldgenmuch has changed since 47.01 upwards it supports but i've not properly put it into practice yet.

LizardKing

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXP:0]
    • View Profile
Re: Making a Deep Dwarf underground Civ? Also does perfectworld work?
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2021, 09:57:05 am »

Does the perfectworld utility still work? It looks like it hasnt been supported for a WHILE and the last listed version for DF it supported looks out of date

I used the version on dffd just the other day and it worked fine with 47.05. Playing in the world it generated right now.