Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 56

Author Topic: [Suggestion game]Choice of Magics  (Read 32433 times)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: [Suggestion game]Choice of Magics
« Reply #645 on: November 14, 2021, 10:59:11 am »

1: Fuck glamor.
2: Our Calculation is only 55%. I don’t think that’s enough.
3: I’m not sure our skill with divination is good enough to try this and expect good results.

Oh well. I say we just stay out of it with 4.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
  • euphoric due to inebriation
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: November 14, 2021, 12:07:21 pm »

Yeah, I think I'll choose to stay out, so 4. (Though, I'm tempted to give 2 a shot.)

Edit: Changed to 3

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: November 14, 2021, 04:14:51 pm »

Lol, why did it decide to give us a free boost to something we not only never use but just SAID we'll never use.

I feel like we should give 3 a shot, more because I want to practice divination in a way that hopefully won't get us killed.

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: November 14, 2021, 04:52:28 pm »

Sure, I'll switch to 3.

Yellow Pixel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: November 14, 2021, 06:00:59 pm »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: November 15, 2021, 02:16:06 am »

The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: November 15, 2021, 02:22:23 am »

Divination.

You try casting divinations that connect one old noble to another, exposing their worst secrets.

Unfortunately, you can't quite disentangle yourself from the divination webs you weave, and so your targets learn your secrets as well. The primary thing they learn is that you have far more power than you have yet displayed at court, including abilities such as glamors that could make fools of them or wreck them. (Increased Vilification.)

The nobles learn each other's dirty secrets as well, which leads to a mild bit of chaos as trade wars erupt in the kingdom.

Queen Thecla is not pleased with you. (Decreased Thecla Relationship.)

At least you know what you did wrong. (Gained Divination.)

An assassin does soon show up in your bedroom during the night. An automatic alarm you created goes off, and you wake up to find a man in a tight-fitting black outfit with a curved dagger, who has presumably picked the lock to your room. How do you deal with this character in a way that will stop further such attempts?

1.Cast a negation bolt, preserving the head to show later.
2.Cast a glamor and ask the assassin to lead me to the noble paying him.
3.Run the assassin through, then cast a divination to learn who hired him.

The primary thing they learn is that you have...abilities such as glamors.

lol.

Spoiler: Stats (click to show/hide)
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: November 15, 2021, 02:52:22 am »

The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: November 15, 2021, 03:01:28 am »

The primary thing they learn is that you have...abilities such as glamors.
lol.

Haha, I guess the nobles didn't learn so much about us after all. :D

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: November 15, 2021, 09:28:42 am »

We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: November 15, 2021, 09:35:51 am »

I knew it was a bad idea.

Yeah, yeah, 1. Nobody’s going to be happy, but we won’t be dead.

EDIT: Dear God, we lost a fuckton of our reputation from that play. Down from 60% adoration to 51%. And I’m willing to bet we’re going to lose more right now.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2021, 09:37:23 am by Glass »

Yellow Pixel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: November 15, 2021, 11:37:47 am »

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: November 15, 2021, 01:53:32 pm »

Negation.

"Nihilo!" The assassin's body disintegrates, leaving just the head. You bring it to the next meeting of the queen's court. It sends an intimidating message that puts the assassination attempts to an end. (Increased Vilification.)

You see Blessed Advisor Sam around the palace occasionally, but he seems to always recall a reason to head in a different direction, and you never talk to him outside the throne room.

You soon receive a letter from Mayor Cos detailing what has happened in Akriton since you left.

The streets have actually been overrun with wild pigs and sheep, which have bred at an alarming rate thanks to your magic. It seems one can hardly walk out the door without tripping over a farm animal. Some Akritonians are going broke trying to feed strays, while others roast up any animals they can find. "It's a zoo around here," Mayor Cos says, and you can imagine him trying to keep a straight face as he writes this.

One day near the end of winter, Tal bursts into the throne room, out of breath, causing all the courtiers to stare.

Tal is panting for breath, still dusty from the road. She didn't dress for an audience—in fact, she still has Noodles tied around her waist.

"A big airship," Tal says between breaths. "Of the Neighbors. East of Akriton. I rode here as fast as I could."

You're slightly embarrassed that you didn't think to establish some kind of divination link with Tal, now that you two have nothing to hide from each other. You will do so in the future.

"Did it attack?" the queen says, rising from her throne.

Tal shakes her head. "I think it was…testing us. Like a cat jumping on the table, seeing whether you'll shoo it away."

"What did it look like?" Queen Thecla asks, and Tal goes on to describe a sleek, rounded vessel with a flat bottom and four long, equally spaced black poles protruding from its sides and top.

"They're essentially giant wands of negation," you say. "The warships of the ancients were equipped with them."

After Tal gives a detailed report, the queen dictates some instructions to messengers bound for towns near the Negative Sea. Tal turns to leave, but Queen Thecla invites her and you to dinner instead. "You will risk your life many times over in the months ahead," the queen says gravely. "The least I can do is feed you."

Unsurprisingly, Tal did not pack any dresses fit for dinner with a queen, but Queen Thecla arranges for one of her ladies-in-waiting with an appropriately slender build to lend Tal something suitably elaborate.

Tal arrives at dinner in a cream-colored dress with a high collar, bell sleeves, and a crinolette-stiffened skirt. On her head she wears a black-feathered fascinator. She looks beautiful and miserable.

The queen wears a crinoline-stiffened crimson dress with a black corset that looks even more uncomfortable, but she seems perfectly at home as she takes her seat.

The three of you dine in a small, windowless private dining room lit by a crystal chandelier. A couple guards stand watch by the exits.

You wonder whether the queen would be so incautious if she knew Tal was a shapeshifter. You don't know the queen's feelings about the matter, but some famous historical assassinations were carried out by those magically enhanced descendants of the Magisterians.

Over the course of the long meal, Tal picks at one strange offering after another, but dutifully eats the sous vide eggs, the mushroom sorbet, and even the head cheese in mole sauce. Somehow the cook must have heard Tal was "adventurous" and thought the term applied to her eating habits.

You, on the other hand, think the food is delicious.

Queen Thecla and Tal exchange pleasantries and talk a little about their families, but they aren't really connecting.

Then the queen relates an anecdote from her childhood that ends with, "Of course, I didn't really have any friends then, besides my nanny and my stuffed bear."

Tal perks up at this. "What was the bear's name?"

"Bear Bearson." The queen shrugs and smiles. "I still have him, in my bedroom closet. Couldn't bear to part with him, I guess."

You exchange a surprised look with Tal. Did that just happen?

The queen just laughs—not at her own terrible pun, you gather, but at the look on your faces. Tal chuckles and shakes her head, wondering why she was so nervous before. Slowly the room begins to thaw.

"I have a stuffed animal, myself," Tal says. "Noodles the monkey."

"I saw," the queen says. "You were wearing him around your waist when you delivered your report."

Tal blushes at this. "I…wear him for good luck," she mutters, now awkward again.

This seems like your chance to intervene.

1.Animate the two stuffed animals and introduce them to each other.
2.Animate Bear Bearson, but save Tal the embarrassment of animating Noodles.
3.Bring up how tired Tal must be, helping her escape the dinner faster.

Spoiler: Stats (click to show/hide)
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: November 15, 2021, 02:17:17 pm »

Let’s not embarrass Tal.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 56