Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 56

Author Topic: [Suggestion game]Choice of Magics  (Read 32429 times)

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
Re: [Suggestion game]Choice of Magics
« Reply #120 on: October 01, 2021, 07:04:54 pm »

Dang. I really wanted that aetherizer.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 02, 2021, 03:51:20 am »

The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 02, 2021, 04:19:10 pm »

We try to negate.

You try to quickly cast a spell you saw in your negative-energy textbook for parting negative-energy clouds. Instead of drawing on the energy at the heart of the earth, you hold a hand out and draw on the very energy of the specter. "Partitus skotos!" you begin, and the specter shrieks and lunges at you. "Nephos, hypago!"

You make a cutting motion with your hand, and the specter is rent in two. You pull at the energy, drawing on it and funneling it through you and back into the earth. The burning sensation of the vile negative energy flowing through you is unpleasant in the extreme. (Gained Negation.)

When you're done, though, there is nothing left of the specter.

"Impressive," Tal says, a little stunned that you defeated the specter.

Searching the laboratory, you find an iron torc etched with the symbols for vivomancy and negation, which you find increases your power over both when you wear it. (Gained Vivomancy.) (Gained Negation.)

Further searching just turns up random automation-related junk. You keep the most interesting pieces. (Gained Automation.)

With that, you and Tal proceed to the catwalk above and exit.

A corridor of maintenance closets which you don't have time to sack, given the creeping chemical doom from below, leads to a stairwell at the intersection of four corridors.

But down every corridor, you hear the crackling, popping sound of those spilled chemicals eating away at the wood. In fact, you think the tower is listing slightly—everything is at a slight angle, you realize now. Fearing there is no time for further exploration, you take the stairs.

You ascend to the aviary and airdock.

You emerge onto the roof of the large tower you had been exploring, where you see a giant green dragon curled around an ancient airship about a hundred feet away. The airship has no propellers or anything of the sort—just a single tall mast for a crow's nest. But you can tell from its heavy metal hull, hemispherical on the bottom and aerodynamic on top, that this was never a ship meant to sail through water.

The sleeping dragon curled about the mast is massive and ancient, the size of a nice two-story house, and its green scales look brittle and riddled with fungus and rot. Its breath smells slightly foul; you catch a whiff of rotten eggs that must be sulfur.

The five other airships of the airdock have all been smashed over the course of centuries, but the large central airship looks intact.

You could attack this dragon while it is sleeping, though an attack would certainly wake it up. You could also try sneaking around it to explore.

You give Tal an inquiring look about the dragon, and she gives you a dubious look in return that says, Are you crazy?

The creeping purple and green chemicals you spilled begin to consume the very roof you're standing on, and the other smashed airships begin to collapse into the floor below. You'll have to finish what you're doing here fast.

The tower groans and lists to the side. You've made it a bit unhappy.

1.Blast the dragon with negation magic.
2.Cast a divination to learn the dragon's weak point.
3.Sneak past the dragon to see what treasure it may guard.
4.Thrust my sword into the sleeping dragon.

Spoiler: Stats (click to show/hide)
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 02, 2021, 04:29:59 pm »

Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 02, 2021, 04:41:26 pm »

We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

Yellow Pixel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 02, 2021, 05:18:11 pm »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 03, 2021, 01:24:53 am »

The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 03, 2021, 10:12:58 am »

Wizard 1/Rogue 1.

You try sneaking past the dragon. Footfall by footfall, you try to stealthily make your way past it.

You make it past the dragon without incident, but find nothing of interest behind it. Puzzled, because you had the distinct impression the dragon was guarding something, you think for a moment—and your attention is drawn to the crow's nest atop the mast the dragon is curled around.

You consider for a moment whether you're stealthy enough to walk up the dragon's back without being noticed, but then you have a less crazy plan.

You draw power from within yourself and murmur the ancient words: "Aviana, aeroba, volanta, pluma."

You feel giant wings sprout from your back, drawing mass from all the rest of your bones. (Gained Vivomancy.)

You feel your mass overall get lighter in a way that may not reverse itself. (Gained Subtlety.) (Lost Fighting.)

You leap into the air and flap with all your might to get to the crow's nest, where you find a nest containing a clutch of mottled dragon eggs.

You load several of the foot-long eggs onto the flying silver serving tray you animated in the dining area, which has followed you this far.

Laden with as much treasure as you can carry out of the sunken academy, you decide it's time to leave this place.

The whole tower lists precariously, the chemicals having presumably eaten away most of its foundation on one side. As you tilt toward the courtyard, you can see the green and purple chemicals have begun to destroy the other buildings as well.

"I can't believe they had that stuff in their kitchen," Tal says.

"You're one to talk," you say. "I've seen your pantry."

Tal thwacks your arm.

How will you get through the rock ceiling of the cavern above you?

1.Blast the rock ceiling with negation magic.
2.Use automation magic to turn the central airship's mast into a drill.
3.Use vivomancy to grow the wooden tower until it bursts through the ceiling.

I'm impressed you got a whole clutch of eggs, I didn't know it was possible to get more than one.

Spoiler: Stats (click to show/hide)
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 03, 2021, 10:25:05 am »

Hah! That’s awesome.

3, please. More vivomancy is more gooder.

Yellow Pixel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 03, 2021, 10:42:17 am »

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 03, 2021, 04:31:31 pm »

BRO IF WE WERE GOING VIVOMANCY ROUTE IN THE FIRST PLACE, Why u say no tortoises. This is hypocrisy and I will not stand for it.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 03, 2021, 04:34:03 pm »

Because there is good vivomancy, neutral vivomancy, and evil vivomancy. I am good with the first two and against the third.
Turtle polymorph definitely falls under the third.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 56