Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 56

Author Topic: [Suggestion game]Choice of Magics  (Read 32391 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [Suggestion game]Choice of Magics
« Reply #781 on: November 30, 2021, 02:11:26 am »

The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: November 30, 2021, 10:59:51 am »

Seahorse.

And what will your creature's name be?

Huh, didn't think it'd give us a choice on this. It wants to know what we'll name our first seahorse.

Spoiler: Stats (click to show/hide)
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: November 30, 2021, 11:05:14 am »

I swear to God you people.

Anyway. Let’s call it Pegasus if we’re following that theme anyway.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: November 30, 2021, 11:44:32 am »

But it's clearly not a pegasus. That would be a flying horse, and this is clearly a seahorse.
Therefore, its name should be Simba, the Lion King.

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
  • euphoric due to inebriation
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: November 30, 2021, 12:22:48 pm »

I'm basically fine with any name, but this made me laugh:

Simba, the Lion King.

+1

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: November 30, 2021, 12:33:55 pm »

I think Glass is mad at me now :(

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: November 30, 2021, 03:41:58 pm »

Nants ingonyama bagithi baba...

A species name seems insufficient for this one-of-a kind creature. What will its title be?

1.Sky Monarch.
2.Earthshaker.
3.Scion.
4.Something else.

Man, the game really seems to want to mess with Glass today.

My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: November 30, 2021, 04:05:49 pm »

Texas Ranger

Everything's bigger in Texas, even the seahorses.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: November 30, 2021, 04:25:03 pm »

I’m done, you’re all terrible

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: November 30, 2021, 04:48:04 pm »

I’m done, you’re all terrible
If it's any consolation, if there's even one more thing to name I'm going to run out of separate axes on which to make it not make sense...

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: November 30, 2021, 09:03:54 pm »

Texas Ranger Simba the Lion King the seahorse.

Texas Ranger Simba, the Lion King comes to life on the same ranch where you first began to experiment with great beasts. Caged animals including a bluebird, a lion, a house cat, and a jar of dragonflies encircle the dragon that you will bless to become your great creation, each contributing some minor feature such as a faster metabolism or a particular hue.

"Craetura magna, metamorpha a pedibus usque ad crania! Accipes quoque attributa haec donum ominia!"

There is a bright flash and an overwhelming scent of animal droppings, meat, and something like mint, and when you can see again, your great beast stands before you, the size of a building. The animal menagerie that once surrounded your subject is still there, but they all seem tired, and they will need much rest until the end of their days.

The beast's wizened eyes slowly open, and it regards you curiously. "Who are you?" it asks.

Good, it can speak! "Royal Sorcerer Foo," you say. "I created you."

"Ah," it says. "Why?"

"We have need of heroes in this war. I thought you could be one."

"A hero," Texas Ranger Simba, the Lion King says contemplatively. "One who risks all for a nation."

"Well, yes," you say. "And who is revered for doing so."

"Reverence…yes, this is something I desire," Texas Ranger Simba, the Lion King says after a moment's pause. "What is my first step to reverence?"

"We can go show you off to the queen," you say.

"Let's do that," Texas Ranger Simba, the Lion King agrees. "Hop aboard."

You mount Texas Ranger Simba, the Lion King and let out a surprised whoop as the great beast bounds into the sky, headed to the capital to astound and terrify Her Majesty's court.

You begin to hear reports of odd occurrences throughout the kingdom. Giant beasts are suddenly turning on their masters and eating them. Whole towns are overrun with vines overnight. Monsters that used to roam alone seem to be forming raiding parties and getting smarter.

The queen's new pet, a dragon-winged white cat named Fatale that she made herself while dabbling in vivomancy, begins to develop a taste for blood. The magical feline brings larger and larger dead rodents to the foot of the queen's bed in the morning—and the rodents themselves display strange mutations you can't explain, extra legs and eyes.

Even Texas Ranger Simba, the Lion King seems to be more and more curt with you when you go out riding the seahorse.

Vivomancy, the most unpredictable magic, is starting to gain sway.

As the war progresses, you begin to hear rumors that amateurs are beginning to practice magic across the kingdom. But you have no idea how bad it is until Mayor Cos comes to court to report on what has been happening in Akriton.

"It's gotten rather out of hand," Cos reports to the queen. "People I never would have expected to be capable of it are now using magic, and not to particularly good ends.

"For one thing, people are always in each other's business now that they've discovered divination magic. I think they must have learned it by watching the rituals used for broadcasting musicians across the kingdom. Now everybody knows too much about each other, and that's quite a recipe for trouble. People just aren't used to seeing each other's dirty laundry like that, you know?

"And that's not all—people have been getting sick, and I think it's because of the vivomancy used to make our dragons grow faster. I think people have been using it on our crops and livestock as well, with disastrous results. The magic makes the plants and animals grow fast, which farmers like because it gets them to market faster, but they lack nutrients as a result of the accelerated growth. People are getting scurvy, rickets, you name it, and I think it's because of our magic-tainted food supply.

"In short, Akriton could use your help," Cos concludes. "I can hardly blame my people for trying to learn magic—I've tried to learn it myself, though I've discovered I have no aptitude for it. But we need some kind of plan that will get them to use it more responsibly."

"I knew this day would come," Blessed Advisor Sam says sadly. He looks to you. "I suppose I should have pressed you a bit more to hold back, my friend."

The queen sighs. "It would seem I am once again beholden to your judgment, Royal Sorcerer Foo. Do you have any sage advice? How do you get a fledgling wizard to desist?"

1.Support the Church's message that magic is only for the holy.
2.Establish magic schools around the kingdom to teach people to use magic responsibly.
3.Make it illegal to practice magic without the consent of the queen.
4.Interference will only make things worse. People should figure this out themselves.

Alright, Texas Ranger Simba the Lion King got me.

My mods and forum games.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: November 30, 2021, 09:10:46 pm »

Goddamnit. This is not the situation I wanted. Monsters is very no, and widespread untrained magic is similar.

Okay. So:
A. In the future, let's pivot more toward Automation, if we're even able to. Doing something else may mean that we have fewer side effects from each.
B. I think the only viable option here is 2. If we try to restrict magic with 1 or 3, people will keep doing it without our influence; after all, we did so, ourselves. If we went with 4, then we'd keep having the current issues. However, by establishing schools, we make it so that the people who want to learn magic will be naturally advantaged by going through our system rather than trying to do it on their own.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: November 30, 2021, 09:47:45 pm »

I can live with 2.

Honestly, this game is so petulant. "No you can't be careful! No you can't make good decisions! Everything has to go badly forever!"
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 56