Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 56

Author Topic: [Suggestion game]Choice of Magics  (Read 32406 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [Suggestion game]Choice of Magics
« Reply #750 on: November 26, 2021, 01:48:29 am »

The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Yellow Pixel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: November 26, 2021, 10:04:43 am »

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: November 26, 2021, 07:39:37 pm »

Personal persuasion.

You think trying to promote a mysterious herb is unlikely to work unless you personally do the promoting. So you arrange for meetings with every lieutenant in the army, trying to convince them of the benefits of this alchemical trick.

Unfortunately, your explanations aren't as clear as they could be, and you say some things that make you come across as arrogant and unconcerned with the welfare of the troops. The lieutenants leave these meetings with even more misgivings than they had coming in—about both your alchemical remedy and your plans for the war generally. (Lost Kingdom Power.) You simply aren't used to interacting with so many people who are so different from you.

At least it was a learning experience. (Gained Charisma.)

When the Magisterians roar into your kingdom, they find your border towns even less well defended than they expected, with only a handful of dragons in each that are quickly routed. The Magisterians spread out to take all the border towns along the Negative Sea.

Meanwhile, all of the residents of these towns who could be convinced to evacuate have done so, fleeing to the town of Medieton under the leadership of Mayor Cos.

Your forces quietly gather just beyond the Magisterians' reach, waiting for the Magisterians to overextend themselves further. You just hope this plan works; you already have a lot of angry refugees on your hands. (Increased Vilification.) (Gained Kingdom Power.)

On returning from the front, some of the soldiers report that their dragons would sometimes get a strange, murderous look in their eyes, even when the enemy wasn't around. It was a bit unsettling, they say.

But you think a little murderousness indicates a dragon is working as intended, and if it meant something else—well, you're not sure what you would do about that anyway.

Shortly after your discussion with the queen, you're up late in your room in the palace, studying a map of the current state of the war, when you get a knock on the door.

From her perch on the window, your baby dragon Verdigris sniffs at the air. She squawks in anger or fear, you're not sure which. Apparently she doesn't like whatever she smells.

You answer the door, and find that it's Cos.

He's abandoned his typical orange vest for a black one. You see he's holding a dagger in his hand.

He surprises you by quickly lifting his dagger and throwing it at your head. You barely dodge out of the way, and the dagger embeds itself in the plaster of the wall behind you.

"Cos, what's the meaning of this?" you ask, hoping to buy time as you think of a strategy. But you're also genuinely perplexed.

"Since I met you, you've only made decisions that put Akriton in harm's way," Cos says, reaching for another dagger. "I've decided the best thing I can do for the town is to put a stop to you, once and for all."

Verdigris growls angrily, as if to say, I'm so sure!

1.I blast Cos with negation magic.
2.Cast a glamor and command Cos to explain.
3.Hide and cast a divination to determine if this is an impostor.
4.Turn Cos into a tortoise, even though it's a slower spell to cast.
5.Draw my sword and fight.

Spoiler: Stats (click to show/hide)
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: November 26, 2021, 07:43:13 pm »

The real one is a shapeshifter anyway, would turning him into a tortoise even work?

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
  • euphoric due to inebriation
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: November 26, 2021, 08:36:59 pm »

Pretty sure it's not Cos, so I'm willing to consider other options

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: November 26, 2021, 09:20:12 pm »

Damn, I thought 7 charisma would be enough.

Also what the ripe fuck is this? That's very not a Cos.

Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: November 27, 2021, 03:27:34 am »

The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Yellow Pixel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: November 27, 2021, 11:51:07 am »

It's probably Fran again...

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: November 27, 2021, 03:06:54 pm »

Negation.

You quickly draw energy from the dark sun and point at Cos: "Nihilo!"

The explosion obliterates Cos, leaving only a fine purple-and-black mist.

You think it a bit strange that the mayor of Akriton should try to come kill you. Something strange is going on here.

Something doesn't seem right about this.

You cast a divination to learn whether your assailant was really Cos.

In your vision, you see a shapeshifter morph into Cos. Next to Fake Cos, another shapeshifter morphs into…you.

As you suspected—this wasn't Cos at all, but an assassin—probably sent by the Magisterian Empire.

So where is that other shapeshifter masquerading as you? You have a hunch—perhaps you should act on it before you waste any more time.

1.Cast a divination to learn the other shapeshifter's position for certain.
2.Sneak to the queen's chambers, sacrificing speed for stealth.
3.Run to the queen's chambers, stealth be damned.

My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: November 27, 2021, 03:30:31 pm »

Relationships are hidden for this encounter.
Huh.

Well, anyway, I say 1 (we have 11 Divination, may as well use it I think). Either that or 3; we've kinda sacrificed our Subtlety for Charisma (not that that's done us a whole lot of good, it's seemed...)

EDIT: Wait, Divination tells the other person a bit about you. Let's just run with 3. Best not to give them a heads-up in my opinion.

EDIT2: Nah, we know that the caster can avoid that. We just weren't skilled enough to when trying to play the old guard against each other. I'm mostly worried about how long casting it might take.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2021, 03:37:20 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
  • euphoric due to inebriation
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: November 27, 2021, 03:33:59 pm »

Relationships are hidden for this encounter.
Huh.

They were hidden for the encounter with "Cos" too.

Anyway, 1.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: November 28, 2021, 01:54:27 am »

Yellow Pixel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: November 28, 2021, 11:46:58 am »

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: November 28, 2021, 02:36:45 pm »

Divination.

"Mysterion gnomai, apocalypto allo sicario."

You receive a vision of yourself, in the third person, in the queen's bedchamber. You—he—seems to have just entered, as the queen is rising from the chair at her desk to greet her visitor.

You snap out of your vision. You experience a moment of disorientation from casting two divinations in rapid succession, but your experience with the magic allows you to shake it off.

You hurry out of the room toward the queen's bedchamber.

You manage to reach the queen's bedchambers just as your double and the queen are facing off from opposite sides of the bed.

The queen is wearing a white shift fancier than most Akritonians' church dresses. "Guards!" she cries hoarsely, as if she has been calling for a while.

Negative energy curls up your double's body, in preparation for a deadly bolt.

The queen sees you, and her expression turns hopeful. "Foo? Are you the real one?"

You leap between your double and the queen just as he shouts, "Nihilo!"

You raise your shield and channel negative energy through it, just in time for the bolt to connect. Shield and bolt alike disintegrate, and the queen is safe.

Before your double can summon another bolt, you stab him with your sword, and he slumps to the ground, dead.

"Can you prove that you're the real Royal Sorcerer Foo?" the queen asks you.

Where to begin? you think.

1.Point out that I've met Bear Bearson.
2.Describe the secret meetings we've had since the war broke out.

Looks like the shield was a good call.

My mods and forum games.
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 56