Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 56

Author Topic: [Suggestion game]Choice of Magics  (Read 32515 times)

Yellow Pixel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [Suggestion game]Choice of Magics
« Reply #361 on: October 19, 2021, 12:11:12 pm »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: October 19, 2021, 12:28:45 pm »

I’m disappointed that the spell wore off, but at least the man is reasonable.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: October 19, 2021, 04:37:59 pm »

DUDE, I-

Am I the only one whose heart hasn’t been infected by finding Nemo?

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: October 19, 2021, 04:44:09 pm »

Am I the only one whose heart hasn’t been infected by finding Nemo?
...what does that even mean?

Also, it should be noted that objecting to what he's saying basically means telling him "nah, you should absolutely kill me actually".

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: October 19, 2021, 07:20:22 pm »

We nod.

You nod. Blessed Sam smiles in return. (Increased Sam Relationship.) (Increased Solemnity.)

Since Sam seems to be offering an invitation of peace, you decide to stay for the rest of the sermon.

After a brief song of worship that you've known since childhood, Sam asks everyone to go around and say who you will try to love more in the coming days. "Pick someone difficult," Sam urges.

Your parents say they'll try to love each other more. You aren't too disappointed they didn't pick you; they do bicker with each other more than with you.

Whom will you promise to love more from now on?

1.The Church.
2.Tal.
3.Mayor Cos.
4.Everyone in this town.
5.Shapeshifters.
6.Wizards.
7.Noodles.

Spoiler: Stats (click to show/hide)
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: October 19, 2021, 08:08:30 pm »

Hmn...

The Church would absolutely be difficult, but I think it'd be best to pick someone who's views we aren't spitting in my existing.
Wizards feels like almost as much of a joke choice as Noodles.
Shapeshifters feels like it could be a decent middle option between Tal and Cos, though to be honest I'm not terribly attracted to the option itself.

But hey, we also want to do good for the town as a whole. We're their patron wizard, and while we may have neglected them for our studies before now, it'd be good to really try to devote ourselves to our work. 4

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
  • euphoric due to inebriation
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: October 19, 2021, 09:38:13 pm »

Yeah, I'm also going for option 4. Pretty much the same reasons.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: October 20, 2021, 02:41:50 am »

The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Yellow Pixel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: October 20, 2021, 08:18:05 am »

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: October 20, 2021, 10:45:37 am »

Everyone in town.

When your turn comes, you say, "I just want to love everyone in this town more. Everybody from the bankers to the beggars."

You can see other worshippers nodding their heads in approval. (Increased Adoration.)

"A lovely sentiment," Sam says, though something about his unimpressed reaction suggests that he's heard this answer before from worshippers who didn't want to make a specific choice. "Next?"

At the end of the sermon, Blessed Sam says, "Now, one last thing before you all go. I know Saint Ann has retired, leaving you without a healing saint. I do not have the power of great healing miracles myself—I wish I did. But I do know how faith can bring about results that are more subtle, and I even have a bit of useful herbal and medical knowledge. And of course, I am able to help you understand what the Book of Abraxas says you ought to do in difficult situations. So I will be standing in for Saint Ann as a makeshift saint on the steps of the church. Please form a line going down Main Street to my left, and I'll start serving people as soon as I've greeted the last of the parishioners exiting the church."

To your surprise, a handful of people leave the church to queue up immediately. You suppose that's only rational, if the line's going to be long.

You all sing one more song, and then Sam declares the sermon over, and he walks down the aisle to the exit of the church where he will greet people. As he passes you, he winks at you.

Huh.

Your parents spot you as everyone is leaving. They tell you how pleased they are that you could make it to the service, and apologize that they didn't see you come in. They then tell you some random gossip that they picked up outside the church before entering, all of which involves churchgoers you don't really know.

By the time they say goodbye to you, the line in front of Sam has gotten long as he begins trying to aid the parishioners.

Blessed Sam is sitting on the steps of the closed church, examining a young boy's arm that seems bent out of shape. The inquisitor's white cassock is muddy where it touches the stone steps.

"You need to have this splinted," Sam tells the boy. He reaches into his nearby rucksack and removes a small board. "Now, this doesn't come free."

The boy's expression darkens. "That's what the other medic said."

"You're going to have to do ten nice things for your parents, all right?"

The boy's expression lightens. Then he looks crafty. "Eight nice things."

"Nine," Sam says, and they shake on it with the boy's good hand. Sam proceeds to bind the splint to the boy's arm.

You look out at Sam's long line. The people in it look mostly poor, but there are a few in reasonably nice tunics and dresses. Perhaps they had ailments the medics couldn't cure for any price.

When the splint is done, Blessed Sam says to the boy, "Now, will you pray with me for swift healing?"

"Okay," the boy says.

"Dear Abraxas, please help little Jerem here follow a path of righteousness…" Sam's prayer is like most you've heard, and while you vaguely expect him to cast some vivomancy, given the long line, in the end it's just a prayer, with a request for Jerem's speedy recovery tucked at the end. "Let it be so."

There are a lot of people who could use help here. You could start with, for example, actually healing Jerem's arm. Or you could try to heal the next woman in line, who looks ashen and complains to Sam that she has felt feverish for days.

As you're considering what to do, Sam casts a curious glance your way. But then he rummages in his rucksack for more well-intentioned but ultimately insufficient remedies.

1.As discreetly as I can, I heal the boy Jerem's arm.
2.I upstage Blessed Sam by healing Jerem in front of everyone.
3.Discreetly offer the sick woman an alchemical remedy. (Requires alchemy set.)
4.Use divination to find out if anyone needs urgent care.
5.Leave before I call any more attention to myself.

Spoiler: Stats (click to show/hide)
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: October 20, 2021, 11:05:39 am »

1, I guess.

Yellow Pixel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: October 20, 2021, 11:40:06 am »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: October 20, 2021, 12:05:57 pm »

Let them think it’s the church’s doing.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: October 20, 2021, 12:23:44 pm »

Let them think it’s the church’s doing.
In a sense, it is.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 56